FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > BI /BI CURIOUS SEARCH PETITION!

BI /BI CURIOUS SEARCH PETITION!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Y MAN n ME OP   Couple  over a year ago

FIFE

Hi folks further to another thread on bi searches we thought we would try and get the attention of admin to provide a Bi/Bi-curious search option on site.. so here goes... Top of the list US... please put your comment yes to bi search option below....lets see how long a thread we can make....

thanks all..XX Heather & Allan

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi folks further to another thread on bi searches we thought we would try and get the attention of admin to provide a Bi/Bi-curious search option on site.. so here goes... Top of the list US... please put your comment yes to bi search option below....lets see how long a thread we can make....

thanks all..XX Heather & Allan"

Always useful to be able to filter searches

but where will it end, first bi, then gay, then gay men, lesbian, married who play away, married who like to watch lol you got enuff interests already aint that wot profiles are for when u chatting to someone to check if they are a bi couple x

By *ompressaurMan  over a year ago

kilmarnock

I think that bi-curious is something that people are trying to work out kitten and they dont know how curious they are if at all. They are curious. maybe some kind of support forum for them

By *iss scarlettWoman  over a year ago

in scarlettsville ,west lothian

just to support H&A ,this would make things easier for the bi and bi curious peeps.

A search to define Straight or Bi/Bi curious would be great for those searching only one preference, be it Bi or Straight.

W

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The big problem with this is that most guys who are bi or bi-curious won't put it on their profiles.

This is because there is a huge double standard between bi women being regarded as completely acceptable nad bi guys not being accpetable.

Any bi/bi-curious guy who put's it on his profile immediately knocks out half the couples on the site who are happy to meet bi women but won't go near bi guys.

A lot of bi/bi curious get round this now by putting tv/ts on their profile, they see it as a subtle way of letting you know without being specific and leaving themselves a bit of deniability if they want it.

Just my 2p worth.

"The big problem with this is that most guys who are bi or bi-curious won't put it on their profiles.

This is because there is a huge double standard between bi women being regarded as completely acceptable nad bi guys not being accpetable.

Any bi/bi-curious guy who put's it on his profile immediately knocks out half the couples on the site who are happy to meet bi women but won't go near bi guys.

A lot of bi/bi curious get round this now by putting tv/ts on their profile, they see it as a subtle way of letting you know without being specific and leaving themselves a bit of deniability if they want it.

Just my 2p worth."

u still got them socks on lol

FIFE

just a simple preference of bi or straight on searches would save so much time and this silly thing of "ooooooo they've looked at our profile but not been in touch...is there something wrong with us???" No just wrong sexual preference for the ones browsing!

AND for those in the closet bi curious/bi folks then they to would know where to look to find friends to explore their sexuality with.

as for straight guys putting interesting in meeting TV's....well that does not automatically make us think they must be bi or curious....it just makes us think their profile is confused.

as for the Gay profiles... they are not sitting on the fence by saying they want anything but their own gender!

Can't see us bi folk will win this one but you never know

Edinburgh

I can see exactly what you mean, and why.

But most bi/curious guys won't put it on their profile.

If it was a search option then for sure the "closet" bi guys could find you easier.

By *n need of helpCouple  over a year ago

hull

any bi males in hull willing to try with a bi CURIOUS male ?

swinging as ithought was about free sexual expressions (or so i thought) sfter just visiting the browse section and found i can search for tv,s cpl,men women but no search enginre for bi or bi curious people i think this is outragous wake up fab admin and smell the roses xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FIFE

"swinging as ithought was about free sexual expressions (or so i thought) sfter just visiting the browse section and found i can search for tv,s cpl,men women but no search enginre for bi or bi curious people i think this is outragous wake up fab admin and smell the roses xxxxxxxxxxxxx "

Hear hear!!!!! totally agree....

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Can't see us bi folk will win this one but you never know"

We can only hope

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

This would be a good idea

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

There used to be an "interests" section on the site, where you could find members based on interest. This could be re-activated, Bi sexuality and Bi-curiosity could be included.

By *hoenix4Man  over a year ago

merthyr

yes to bi room

Yes lets have a Bi section please

YES! NOW!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

"I can see exactly what you mean, and why.

But most bi/curious guys won't put it on their profile."

Thats probably because they're more interested in trying to score a shag than being honest.

Thats the reason many couples choose not to meet single guys at all,lack of trust.

wouldnt it defeat the object cos aint most parts of couples bi well the fems anyway lol x

FIFE

"wouldnt it defeat the object cos aint most parts of couples bi well the fems anyway lol x"

sorry kitten...NO most couples are not half bi on the fem side...there are lots of both straight couples..well up here there is. we have no problem with straight couplws just find bi fun even more fun!

soz hun so used to most of the fem half of couples in wales room being bi i assume everyone is lol xxx have fun tc xxx

By *itchfieldMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think it would be a popular feature to add. Some people will be looking for couples where one or both partners are bi, so after selecting whether the search is for an invidual, group or couple why not be able to search for sexuality?

I've no idea if there's a technical difficulty involved in making more precise searches but I'm not really sure why some people are suggesting reading the full profile. Surely the point of being able to search at all (for all the things you can now) is to allow people to narrow down their searches, not look at people who are unsuitable and help the site be more useful?

Have the admins actually stated they don't want to make improvements to search facilities at all or just to this one? Or are people taking a lack of response/comment to threads as proof that they aren't going to make changes?

yip a bi search would be good

FIFE

"

Have the admins actually stated they don't want to make improvements to search facilities at all or just to this one? Or are people taking a lack of response/comment to threads as proof that they aren't going to make changes? "

There has been NO response what so ever from Admin so can not say! Flogging a dead horse me thinks.... but we live in hope!!!!

Edinburgh

You might get a search option for bi people in time, but the whole flogging a dead horse thing is probably i bit too extreme for most people on here....

...the internets a big place though, i'm sure there will be a dead horse bi peoples flogging site somewhere!

(sorry, had to)

Add us to the list also, this would be good for all curious / bi peeps to find exactly what they are looking for straight away, just a click away

By *hundercats69Couple  over a year ago

CT14

Wholeheartedly agree! We need a bi/straight search function or for it to be displayed on the profile introduction before accessing the whole profile.

It gets tiring sometimes ploughing through couples looking which are straight and which are bi.

Tan

but dont most profiles say if they bi or not, thats what I do I read the profile then I know xx

Portsmouth

Whilst most profiles give some indication it's not a very efficient way to search. It's not that you can't get the info it's just not convenient.

Been a bi guy in our relationship i think adding a bi search would be great although as another person as said that wont help out the guys who say they are straight yet reply to adds for bi guys.

By *az-TSTV/TS  over a year ago

Doncaster

i have to agree it would be very usefull

bi searh big yes from us bi lady option . xxx

By *iss scarlettWoman  over a year ago

in scarlettsville ,west lothian

Yes a bi search option would be great.Save having to wade through lots of profiles .

FIFE

Still no response from admin folks.... do they ever actually read threads? or are they all busy having funwith straight folks???

Is there any point in goading admin into action at the risk of being banned???? But thanks for the input folks XX

admin do read the forums and if they decide they will let you know. They very good admins on this site xx

FIFE

"admin do read the forums and if they decide they will let you know. They very good admins on this site xx"

Not saying admin isn't good! just saying it seems such a simple request for the bi members on Fab.How many folks have to join the thread in agreement to even give it a trial run...

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"admin do read the forums and if they decide they will let you know. They very good admins on this site xx

Not saying admin isn't good! just saying it seems such a simple request for the bi members on Fab.How many folks have to join the thread in agreement to even give it a trial run...

"

Never thought of it like that... from our point of view we would say if 10% of the site membership was asking on this forum then, yes, it would be possible to consider it a "popular request"

I think its a good idea that way you can look for the people you wanna meet not waste ages going thru peoples profiles thinking yup great and then not see the magic words that you are looking for.

Saves people emailing you cos you have looked at their profile and they think you are interested when you arent what they are looking for.

Or what about a "we/I dont want to see ***** profiles" so people could not see bi or straight or whatever it is they aint looking for when searching?

Sorry not wanting to make extra work for anyone but just an idea!!

Shona

x x x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've been reading this thread.

We're going to make it easier to search for people who identify themselves as BI. But we have work to do first because at the moment for an M/F couple it isn't specified which of the user's details is the male and which the female.

So once we've fixed that we are going to be able to have searches for "only show people with Bi males" for example, which we think is what has been requested.

Admin x

Portsmouth

"We've been reading this thread.

We're going to make it easier to search for people who identify themselves as BI. But we have work to do first because at the moment for an M/F couple it isn't specified which of the user's details is the male and which the female.

So once we've fixed that we are going to be able to have searches for "only show people with Bi males" for example, which we think is what has been requested.

Admin x"

Yeah, I figured that'd be a bit of a roadblock preventing it being done too easily.

Yes, I believe people want to be able to search for couples/singles who are bi. With couples they obviously need to be able to confirm if one or both partners are bi/looking for bi playmates. I'm sure it's possible but I can't think how to make it elegant whilst still being precise atm.

Thanks Admin - I'm sure this will be a popular enhancement.

that would be fantastic

FIFE

"We've been reading this thread.

Thank you soooo much ...we will look forward to any changes you decide to do on what is already a great friendly site, in fact the best we've come across.... XXXX

Admin x"

Portsmouth

Hope this doesn't prove impossible - I'm sure it'd be a big improvement. I just wish I had some relevant IT skills to offer to help out.

By *isbetterCouple  over a year ago

blackburn

Bi or bi-curious filtre would be good. Unsure if it would improve the success rate of singleton dudes though. We never pitch for playmates, but then we very rarely meet up socially with dudes who do not say they are bi-curious on their profile or failing that at least say so in their pitch to us.

Add me to the list, being able to search for a bi curious male etc would make life so much easier lol x

By *n need of helpCouple  over a year ago

hull

so close .any seriuos bi men in the area

Yes!

I generally go for bi folks as I know they're more likely to be interested in me. I would very much like for it to be easier to find them!

hi all as a bi couple we think it would be a great idea val kev xxx

Well the demand is clearly there... eta on website update admin?

FIFE

seems like don't hold yer breath... we bi peeps are still the minority here...but we live in hope! it would be great to find a free bi swinging site that is as friendly as FAB but not found one UK based, anyideas??? pm me... XXH

thought nearly everyone on fab was bi lol. so wot we need then is just bisexual or homosexual on the interests list and everyone will be able to know who is into what

By *umpingJackFlashMan  over a year ago

Somewhere near you?

"thought nearly everyone on fab was bi lol. so wot we need then is just bisexual or homosexual on the interests list and everyone will be able to know who is into what "

Yeah but I think what the admin are getting at is all the possible permutations of bi, as in Male bi, female bi, male and female bi. Then throw in the bi curious angle as one of a couple may be fully bi and the other just curious. Then the "Just orally bi".... the list could get bigger than till reciept at the monthly shopping trip!

Maybe a permanent Bisexual forum would be a more workable solution.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Lots of replies in this thread state they're looking for bi "males" yet under "looking for" in each profile very few state they're looking for MM.

Any members that catch our eye, firstly we always look under "looking for" if MM is not stated, or it's not stated within the couples profile the male is “Bisexual”we move on without contacting the member.

Perhaps if members were a bit more honest within their profile it may help sort out those who are genuinely interested in meeting bi males.

We are a MM cple having been together 21 years, I'm bi my OH is gay, on a sexual level, I'm more than happy with my male partner therefore I'm only interested in female contact, my OH is only interested in the male partner, which explains why we look for F/bi Male cpls, being able to search for “Bi Males” will not help if members are not honest

Portsmouth

Yes it will help. Because you'll be able to search for bi males (as well as females). That'll identify profiles to look at who wish to identify as bi. There's no way to do that currently short of reading every profile.

Honesty in profiles doesn't really affect the searching in the first instance because you don't search the profile itself but all the tickboxes/categories.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

yes

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

Has this got anywhere?

Any news?

Thanks.

(Adding my name )

Bump! Give feature!

Also add option for 'Not looking for single straight guys' then maybe more of them will be honest! pmsl

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Still on our list.

Top priority at the moment is the new chat. Once that is sorted we'll get onto things like this

Admin x

FIFE

thanks for the update. It may be sometime then??? As it would seem that the chat rooms take priority over almost anything else...sorry if that sounds bitchy but we all don't use the chat rooms and prefer the forums....so we will continue to support Fab as it is a great site and we will just wait for the glorious day! lol. XXXX

I'd like to see something on chat descriptions that shows where people are from and gay/bi or straight, without having to click on each name or open their profile...

Other than that, I'd be happy for a search option that just let me exclude straight people - save such a lot of wasted time on both sides...

» Add a new message to this topic