FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Deleting non active users

Deleting non active users

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amschwingerz OP   Couple  over a year ago

West

Would the site benefit from deleting accounts of people that have not accessed their accounts for a certain period...say 6 months?

It would certainly make searches easier..

When you come across these people they rarely have friends, verifications and their profiles are normal one liners...and obviously not committed to the site..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Would the site benefit from deleting accounts of people that have not accessed their accounts for a certain period...say 6 months?

It would certainly make searches easier..

When you come across these people they rarely have friends, verifications and their profiles are normal one liners...and obviously not committed to the site.."

a couple of things...

1) all searches are in time order of when they were last on line.... so how many pages are you having to dig to get as far as 6 months in???

2) people come, people go, people take breaks, real life gets in the way, ect ect ect... I have seen people go and come back 6/9/12/18 months later... why should they be penalised

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think some of the soldiers on here might object to that!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think purely from the amount of server space that is being used up from old accounts that over a pre-determined period of time they should be deleted. However to solve the problem of people simply taking breaks etc then there should be a "hibernate account" button which would stop them showing up on searches etc but would stop the accounts from being automatically.

Some of the searches I do has 6 accounts that are active and 4 or more pages of acounts that are mostly blank and not logged in for months or acounts that are over a year since last log in.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I think there is an advantage in being able to quote large membership numbers to advertisers, there is no incentive on the site owners to reduce this figure and maybe that's in all our interest too. Reduced revenue means a reduced service. Once you get down to the first profile in a list where the last login was 1 month ago stop looking

" However to solve the problem of people simply taking breaks etc then there should be a "hibernate account" button which would stop them showing up on searches etc but would stop the accounts from being automatically.

"

That would be the hide profile button then?

Hidden profiles remain unsearchable, but remain linked too from verifications, hot lists, block lists and friends lists, oh and old forum posts too.

S.

By *cite6662002Couple  over a year ago

glos

"I think there is an advantage in being able to quote large membership numbers to advertisers, there is no incentive on the site owners to reduce this figure and maybe that's in all our interest too. Reduced revenue means a reduced service. Once you get down to the first profile in a list where the last login was 1 month ago stop looking "

spot on there is no incentive on the site owners doing this

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I think there is an advantage in being able to quote large membership numbers to advertisers, there is no incentive on the site owners to reduce this figure and maybe that's in all our interest too. Reduced revenue means a reduced service. Once you get down to the first profile in a list where the last login was 1 month ago stop looking

"

We've never quoted total registered users to anyone so this isn't the reason we don't remove old accounts. We think having old users on the site is "neutral" and that deleting them really doesn't make sense. What if they want to log back on someday?

All lists are ordered in date online so it really shouldn't cause a problem. Everyone can choose how for they scroll based on their own personal preferences/judgements

Admin x

"I think there is an advantage in being able to quote large membership numbers to advertisers, there is no incentive on the site owners to reduce this figure and maybe that's in all our interest too. Reduced revenue means a reduced service. Once you get down to the first profile in a list where the last login was 1 month ago stop looking

We've never quoted total registered users to anyone so this isn't the reason we don't remove old accounts. We think having old users on the site is "neutral" and that deleting them really doesn't make sense. What if they want to log back on someday?

All lists are ordered in date online so it really shouldn't cause a problem. Everyone can choose how for they scroll based on their own personal preferences/judgements

Admin x

"

I think thats fine as long as they have been verified as being genuine swingers prior to not using them, if not then delete their profiles.

And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!!

West

Surely it must use up the sites byte allowance?

All the ones we have seen at the bottom of the pile normally have to same on their profiles..no friends, no verification, one line intros, rarely a picture

If they are that keen then surely all they have to do is re register?

Admin x

I think thats fine as long as they have been verified as being genuine swingers prior to not using them, if not then delete their profiles.

And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!! "

o right u r saying now am i time waster as i not verified ok thanks

West

Admin x

And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!! o right u r saying now am i time waster as i not verified ok thanks"

Ask me again when you have been here a year, are verified, have some friends (that show on a list) and reduce your profile blurb to one line...

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

" And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!! "

How can they be wasting anyone's time when they aren't even on the site??

Some people take breaks when having a baby... if however, they were still active on the site but choosing not to meet, would you still class them as a time waster??

Surely everyone's opinion on time wasting is different and subjective?

xAx

why delete their accounts, makes no real sense.

server load and bandwidth should be the site operators worry and not the users,

most websites allow dormant accounts.

the searches are sorted by date online, so its not like these people who have been offline for months are getting in the way. surely you can just stop looking through the results once it gets passed the number of days/months you consider to be active.

if people want to have accounts and not use them well its up to them.

maybe something could be implemented to hide them after they been offline fr 6 months - 1 year, and then when they come online they are automatically made visable again. but even without this it dont really bother me having pages of non-active users, i just stop looking at the results

Admin x

And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!! o right u r saying now am i time waster as i not verified ok thanks

Ask me again when you have been here a year, are verified, have some friends (that show on a list) and reduce your profile blurb to one line..."

wont waste my time on it

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

"Surely it must use up the sites byte allowance?

All the ones we have seen at the bottom of the pile normally have to same on their profiles..no friends, no verification, one line intros, rarely a picture

If they are that keen then surely all they have to do is re register?"

For those that have pictures, the site may be the only copy of it.

As for using the bytes allowance, the way fab works it is pretty low on bandwidth I would say. Does not have the very nice but expensive bandwidth sapping graphics layout many sites do. The thumbnails in search being pretty small.

Though to say that I do love the layout. Simple and fast to load.

One thing is that some people may have email notifications turned on, and not have logged in, but keep an eye on the emails sent out.

" And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!!

Some people take breaks when having a baby... if however, they were still active on the site but choosing not to meet, would you still class them as a time waster??

xAx"

You dont get my point, anybody on here and not using the site after not being verified and as such have a dormant account is ok, its the people who dont have pics are not verified, etc who are constantly on the site asking for meets, pics off you etc etc who are the timewasters and should be deleated!! the site is called fabswingers not fabpissaboutforayear, this site is for swinging not sending emails to people who meet only to waste their time and clog up their inbox.

" And also i would suggest deleteing profiles after 12 months that even in use havnt had any verifications as obviously timewasters!!

xAx

You dont get my point, anybody on here and not using the site after not being verified and as such have a dormant account is ok, its the people who dont have pics are not verified, etc who are constantly on the site asking for meets, pics off you etc etc who are the timewasters and should be deleated!! the site is called fabswingers not fabpissaboutforayear, this site is for swinging not sending emails to people who meet only to waste their time and clog up their inbox. "

How do you know they timewasters , they may in fact be the best swingers going meeting every day having sent the greatest messages ever with face pics but just dont want everyone knowing there business. Not everyone needs or wants veris to make them genuine .

xAx

You dont get my point, anybody on here and not using the site after not being verified and as such have a dormant account is ok, its the people who dont have pics are not verified, etc who are constantly on the site asking for meets, pics off you etc etc who are the timewasters and should be deleated!! the site is called fabswingers not fabpissaboutforayear, this site is for swinging not sending emails to people who meet only to waste their time and clog up their inbox.

How do you know they timewasters , they may in fact be the best swingers going meeting every day having sent the greatest messages ever with face pics but just dont want everyone knowing there business. Not everyone needs or wants veris to make them genuine ."

the reason the verifications are here are for that very reason, so this site can diferentiate from the other ones who dont have verifcations on their sites and you can meet "real" swingers and not ones that talk the talk but have no verifications!!

I have to say that ive never once off here met anyone after chatting to them who have no verifications pics etc, as they are just that, talkers and timewasters who keep contacting you but never arrange meets or when do suddenly disapear and dont return emails etc!! If you think different then thats your opinion and your entitled to it!! all i can say is from my experience, 12 months on site + no meets = timewaster, and no exception have i ever found to disprove this!!

xAx

How do you know they timewasters , they may in fact be the best swingers going meeting every day having sent the greatest messages ever with face pics but just dont want everyone knowing there business. Not everyone needs or wants veris to make them genuine .

the reason the verifications are here are for that very reason, so this site can diferentiate from the other ones who dont have verifcations on their sites and you can meet "real" swingers and not ones that talk the talk but have no verifications!!

I have to say that ive never once off here met anyone after chatting to them who have no verifications pics etc, as they are just that, talkers and timewasters who keep contacting you but never arrange meets or when do suddenly disapear and dont return emails etc!! If you think different then thats your opinion and your entitled to it!! all i can say is from my experience, 12 months on site + no meets = timewaster, and no exception have i ever found to disprove this!!"

As you said my opinion and I will stick by it

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"

I have to say that ive never once off here met anyone after chatting to them who have no verifications pics etc, as they are just that, talkers and timewasters who keep contacting you but never arrange meets or when do suddenly disapear and dont return emails etc!! If you think different then thats your opinion and your entitled to it!! all i can say is from my experience, 12 months on site + no meets = timewaster, and no exception have i ever found to disprove this!!"

IN YOUR OPINION!!!

West

I wouldnt say they were all time wasters..I reckon the majority are people that may have had a dip and found its not for them.

I dont buy the defence though that 'they might just be having a break'...for a year?..or might be soldiers...you only have to look at the profiles..the majority are half cooked, one line intros, no veris, no or very very few friends (who are often the same status) and no pictures..

Rarely do your come across ex very active swingers.

And, if they are taking a break whats wrong with stating that on the profile or hiding it?..Or even closing it?..is it such a hardship to re register again?

The reason we suggested this in the first place was to make searches easier, more relevant and as a suggestion to help keep the sites bandwidth low..

If the owners dont feel its an issue I guess we can leave it at that.

» Add a new message to this topic