FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Block from ALL of me. (Forums)

Block from ALL of me. (Forums)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oodnitegirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Surely I won’t be the first person to raise this suggestion but as an active forumite there is (of course) people whom I would prefer to not see my posts and vice versa.

We all have them, for whatever reason.

Real life/their attitude etc etc.

As a suggestion can there be a facility incorporated where we can block from seeing forum posts etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

This would be really useful as they wouldn't be able to use the forums to get round filters and blocks. It works in the cam rooms.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The forums wouldnt make sense then if someone blocked was reading them there would be bits missed out.. if they use forums to get round a block just report them.. i dont see what the problem is with someone just reading a post

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"The forums wouldnt make sense then if someone blocked was reading them there would be bits missed out.. if they use forums to get round a block just report them.. i dont see what the problem is with someone just reading a post "

this is what happens in chat and it's fine

"The forums wouldnt make sense then if someone blocked was reading them there would be bits missed out.. if they use forums to get round a block just report them.. i dont see what the problem is with someone just reading a post "

If I block someone then i don't want them to have the opportunity to comment or converse with me just to get around blocks.

Had it before with a guy i turned down who tried being nasty to me via the forums. Why should I have to subjected to more of the same but on the sly from him?

"The forums wouldnt make sense then if someone blocked was reading them there would be bits missed out.. if they use forums to get round a block just report them.. i dont see what the problem is with someone just reading a post

If I block someone then i don't want them to have the opportunity to comment or converse with me just to get around blocks.

Had it before with a guy i turned down who tried being nasty to me via the forums. Why should I have to subjected to more of the same but on the sly from him?"

You shouldnt.. thats why you report them, there are forums moderators for a reason

"The forums wouldnt make sense then if someone blocked was reading them there would be bits missed out.. if they use forums to get round a block just report them.. i dont see what the problem is with someone just reading a post

Had it before with a guy i turned down who tried being nasty to me via the forums. Why should I have to subjected to more of the same but on the sly from him?

You shouldnt.. thats why you report them, there are forums moderators for a reason"

I did say slyly. So no one on here would be aware concerning the full extent of what he's like and done.

Dropping nasty/sarcastic toned comments with bits added concerning his rude attitude towards me. Doing it so for example if you read it, you would only see a moody rude person replying to my comment. Not enough to get him thrown off but enough to make me aware he can unnerve me if he so chooses to do so.

Block should mean full block. Not giving anyone the opportunity to get at someone they shouldn't.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Had it before with a guy i turned down who tried being nasty to me via the forums. Why should I have to subjected to more of the same but on the sly from him?"

I've had the same.

By *eal Deal PartiesWoman  over a year ago

x

"Surely I won’t be the first person to raise this suggestion but as an active forumite there is (of course) people whom I would prefer to not see my posts and vice versa.

We all have them, for whatever reason.

Real life/their attitude etc etc.

As a suggestion can there be a facility incorporated where we can block from seeing forum posts etc.

"

Great idea.. . I have a guy who’s blocked on my profile!! But always comments on my forum posts.. normally to slag me off for my personal choices.. which we all have!! And the whole reason I blocked him

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Unfortunately it would be too difficult to implement. Every time anyone opened a thread, the system would need to check the block lists of everyone who's posted on it... Every person would need checking every time, so the processing load would be quite high and would either slow down the site or drive up the cost.

Also, what happens with quoted posts? Or if you post in a thread that they have started?

Cal

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

OK it is best not to get into specific people and experiences please.

this is what happens in chat and it's fine"

No, that's not right.

There is a site disparity between main site and chat in that chat can only handle 500 blocks I believe. It means that anyone blocked over 500 can view your cam and make comment. We have continual hassle from people on our blocked list in the chatrooms which is fucking annoying!

» Add a new message to this topic