FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > could we please have an.........

could we please have an.........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

edit button?

theres been a few times i have posted and after ive put it up read it back to see typos or things i've put/done wrong

i just think an edit button so you can go back and correct any mistakes would look and be better than the deleted posts that are left behind

ive seen it a few times where people have deleted posts and re posted, im guessing for the same reason as me, and i just think a edit button would keep the forums shorter and tidier than loads of half post every time someone makes a mistake

ta

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is the option to preview post before posting it then you can go and change anything that you want to

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

I agree with the OP. It seems odd that, providing no one has posted after you, you can't just edit without leaving that stupid message behind. Even with the best will in the world, and using preview message, sometimes errors slip through. It would be useful to have that small window to be able to just edit. Can't be that difficult surely?

A edit option on events you have listed would be good too, save you having to delete and re-do

Actually can we have edit and delete buttons for postings we've submitted? I don't wanna have 2 send a 'report' for every posting i want rid of..i'm sure admin are sick 2 death of receiving 'em, these simple facilities/functions would lighten that work load.

Im not an expert here but I imagine there is no edit button as it keeps the forum simple and clean. It would probably require the forum to be converted to HTML, which posses security risks.

Also, if previous events that I have witnessed on here are anything to go by, the edit button would be used to edit a post once it had been replied to in a negative way, to make the second poster look wrong. If that makes sense.

At least the way it is now, we know that we have a preview box to proof read our post and five minutes to take it off if there is a major error in it.

Im happy the way it is TBH.

Steve

id like an edit button in the real world

so anything i've said that pisses people off can be taken back

lol forget that^^^i actually like pising some people off

i wouldn't mind a real life mod though to follow me around during the day and banning people for me .like chavs playing music on the bus or annoying screaming teenage girls infact hows about a button that just bans all men but me in real life.obviously i'll lose a few women to lesbianism but id end up getting way more than my fair share of the dance with no pants

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

This is unlikely to ever be done but I'd like to see the site migrated over to vBulletin. It would bring so much extra functionality that it would be worth, in my opinion, the inconvenience of having to 'freeze' the current system.

Advantages of switching to vBulletin include:

Proper quoting of users' posts, including nested quotes, which make it easier to read long threads;

Ignoring users so you don't see their posts in threads;

Full text searches of messages not just thread titles;

Searches by user and/or forum area;

Reputation points for members of the Fab clique ;

Various other hacks and mods.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Another forum I`m on uses phpbb3 and has edit facilities. Edits made to posts are noted at the bottom of each post. It also has facilities for direct linking to other websites(subject to approval by the admin)

It`s not perfect though. There isn`t the best profile links so finding out stuff about the people you`re perving over is more difficult.

Swings and roundabouts!

» Add a new message to this topic