FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Club Reviews

Club Reviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How about limiting the number of reviews people can post about a particular club. It would stop negative reviews being buried by die hard regulars and allow for a more objective review of whether a place is actually any good, would also prevent pointless arguments blocking up the reviews page.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have to say, I agree.

If people just let others post their own review without shouting them down for it there wouldn't be a problem.

By *ilthy RichMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

And can we prevent reviews from people who have never been to that club; And just don't like the ethos - or are asking questions about the club.. or are clearly reviewing a different club by mistake?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And can we prevent reviews from people who have never been to that club; And just don't like the ethos - or are asking questions about the club.. or are clearly reviewing a different club by mistake?

"

Sadly how would Admin know if they have visited the club or not?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And can we prevent reviews from people who have never been to that club; And just don't like the ethos - or are asking questions about the club.. or are clearly reviewing a different club by mistake?

Sadly how would Admin know if they have visited the club or not?

"

was just wondering that

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

1 club 1 review have seen ppl who are users on site but who work at clubs stick them up every other week

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

While we have to say we wholeheartedly agree with this idea (No follow on comments from regulars, no questions about a club, ask them in the forum etc)

We think people should, over time (The key words here being 'over time') be able to post a follow up review. Clubs can change quite a bit in a short space of time, and people can have different experiences on different nights, so a follow up review in 6 months can be useful from the perspective of if the club is maintaining standards, are the new hosts who have taken over any good, new facilities, playrooms added and so on.

If its someone jumping to either the defence or otherwise of either a positive or negative review, then the right place to air those follow on views is in the forum.

People have the right to state what they felt their experience was without recrimination, however a club should have the right to reply in the forum if they disagree with what's been said.

We would admit, its not an easy balance to maintain and requires a fair bit of work on behalf of the admin team which they may well not wish to apply, but it can and does get very out of hand on here sometimes.

If a follow up review is not saying anything new then it really shouldn't be included.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"While we have to say we wholeheartedly agree with this idea (No follow on comments from regulars, no questions about a club, ask them in the forum etc)

We think people should, over time (The key words here being 'over time') be able to post a follow up review. Clubs can change quite a bit in a short space of time, and people can have different experiences on different nights, so a follow up review in 6 months can be useful from the perspective of if the club is maintaining standards, are the new hosts who have taken over any good, new facilities, playrooms added and so on.

If its someone jumping to either the defence or otherwise of either a positive or negative review, then the right place to air those follow on views is in the forum.

People have the right to state what they felt their experience was without recrimination, however a club should have the right to reply in the forum if they disagree with what's been said.

We would admit, its not an easy balance to maintain and requires a fair bit of work on behalf of the admin team which they may well not wish to apply, but it can and does get very out of hand on here sometimes.

If a follow up review is not saying anything new then it really shouldn't be included."

this ^^^^^^

clubs should be encouraged to try new things and not rest on their laurels, so banning ll follow up reviews would in my view be a bad idea.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yeah banning all follow ups would be a bad idea, obviously some clubs can improve over time in several ways I wasn't thinking limit to one review per person, maybe 5 (as an example figure), or enforce a time period between when a review by 1 person about 1 club can be posted (not to apply for other clubs obviously some people go more than one club in a time period).

London

I agree this would be a good idea, and somewhere in the region of 4 months minimum since their last post on the same club would seem reasonable, this would also cut down any tit for tat arguments.

A star rating would be good too and a choice to leave feedback

We Never listen to Reviews anyways!! What someone hates, we could love!! Or vise versa So the only way to find out is for us to go for ourselfs! Everyone has different tastes!!

"A star rating would be good too and a choice to leave feedback"

On a similar thread some months ago, Admin said they would introduce a star rating system at some point.

We'd also like to see:

1. Users limited to two or three reviews a year for any particular club

2. A dedicated 'Club Talk' forum. This might help prevent the review section getting cluttered with chatter. More importantly, it could become a very useful source of info.

London

+1

"A star rating would be good too and a choice to leave feedback

On a similar thread some months ago, Admin said they would introduce a star rating system at some point.

We'd also like to see:

2. A dedicated 'Club Talk' forum. This might help prevent the review section getting cluttered with chatter. More importantly, it could become a very useful source of info."

sounds like a great idea.

reviews should be moderated too, so that only proper reviews and not questions or slanging matches are posted.

Good and bad reviews could be seperated like an eBay review system.

Before you piss yourselfs laughing, this would allow anyone to quickly jump to a bad review and compare it with other good ones that could just be from friends of the owners.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

We like to leave a review each time we go to a club, as it happens we travel quite a lot so leave them for more than just our regular club. We give an honest review, good or bad at each club and have sometimes had emails defending a club against our reviews. I think only one review a year would not be good as others have said clubs can change very quickly! I think 1 per quarter would be good if it can be done.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"We like to leave a review each time we go to a club, as it happens we travel quite a lot so leave them for more than just our regular club. We give an honest review, good or bad at each club and have sometimes had emails defending a club against our reviews. I think only one review a year would not be good as others have said clubs can change very quickly! I think 1 per quarter would be good if it can be done."

I too like to leave a review of each club I visit. However, there was one occasion when I didn`t. Some friends of mine had their 25th wedding anniversary celebrations at a club I`d never visited before but as I never visited the play areas, I didn`t leave a review as I didn`t think it right.

I find when I go to chams have been going for three years now and can honestly say no two nights are the same always great atmosphere but it all depends on the people and the mix. Each time brings a different experience.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

The reviews are always subjective as many have said. We used them to decide about going to clubs.

It is very obvious when "reviews" are left by people with a vested interest, so a limit wouldn't be bad, however every scheme is open to abuse,new profiles could be registered purely to supply rating.

Never easy running a site!

London

Its good to see that Admin has been keeping on top of the reviews section and stopping people from adding comments after negative reviews, never a bad thing.

"A star rating would be good too and a choice to leave feedback

We'd also like to see:

2. A dedicated 'Club Talk' forum. This might help prevent the review section getting cluttered with chatter. More importantly, it could become a very useful source of info."

+1

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I don't think limiting per say would work - I've posted a few reviews about the same club because we tried out different aspects, or something had changed, or the experience (due tO the club) had changed. For example if a club has redecorated or "fixed" something I think it's worth mentioning in the review section.

I do agree though that there shouldn't be any backlash or bickering on there - it's a review ie an oppinion and shpuld be treated as such.

Cheers

D&K

"How about limiting the number of reviews people can post about a particular club. It would stop negative reviews being buried by die hard regulars and allow for a more objective review of whether a place is actually any good, would also prevent pointless arguments blocking up the reviews page."

we review members of lots of swingers club most of them good but not all the same BUT take a look at the attic

derby, East Midlands

its a joke its a shit club (we think )and did a review we have been twice

but if you read the reviews it has one of the most for a small club its the same people saying its good over and over again one new bad review then 10 people slag the review off and big the club up

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

La Chambre seem to be having a review site fight at the mo. Doesn't matter how large, small, crap or good a club is, it will have its detractors and supporters, and why shouldn't it? Some people will love a club and want to defend it from what they think are damaging remarks.

If people could just review then all would be well, but they have to be nasty and snide, or just plain lie. There is a couple reviewing clubs at the mo that no-one have ever seen at the club they review. Doesn't that mean they are posting fake reviews? Yet nothing is done.

Anyway, I agree that a club forum is an excellent idea. Unfortunately, like everything else on here, it would soon descend into mudslinging and arguments about whose club is best.

a tick box would be a good way to go .1 to five stars for thngs like the staff ,how clean it was the people and so on

happy swinging

» Add a new message to this topic