FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Possible Alternations to Regions

Possible Alternations to Regions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've noticed whilst on this site that the regional system it uses in searches does have some very slight issues. Most of yorkshire is spread out over several 'regions' from north west, north east and east Midlands. I've spoken to many people and about 90% feel it would be better if 'yorkshire' as a whole had its own region or was all contained in one set region. Although this may be the northerner in me not liking Yorkshire being 'east Midlands' haha . Just an idea and some feedback I've gained from people anyway . As a lot of people I've met in yorkshire would prefer to search their whole region as opposed to haveing to loo in a different regional area for people who are only a few miles away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

We agree

The order of the regions for the club searches could do with a little refining as well.

They are in a very strange order, although there maybe a logic to it that has escaped us.

By *om1noMan  over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I know exactly what you mean and agree totally , for instance try searching the south east profiles and you get Oxford to Bournmouth one way and Cambridge Dover the other, is this caused by individual people being geographically challenged or by the way the site is set up ?, why not do it on an individual County basis ?, moan over.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I've noticed whilst on this site that the regional system it uses in searches does have some very slight issues. Most of yorkshire is spread out over several 'regions' from north west, north east and east Midlands. I've spoken to many people and about 90% feel it would be better if 'yorkshire' as a whole had its own region or was all contained in one set region. Although this may be the northerner in me not liking Yorkshire being 'east Midlands' haha . Just an idea and some feedback I've gained from people anyway . As a lot of people I've met in yorkshire would prefer to search their whole region as opposed to haveing to loo in a different regional area for people who are only a few miles away."

An advanced search allows you to do more or less what you want by entering multiple postcodes

http://www.fabswingers.com/browse/advanced

e.g. if you wanted to search northern part of yorkshire you could enter YO HG BD LS

etc.

Admin x

Admin x

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We should also add: We'll be moving to a distance based search where you can search for radius from your own postcode. We started gathering first half of postcode of all new + existing users last year to facilitate this.

And we agree, the regions system is rubbish.

Admin x

South Worcestershire

It's fine as it is, just try a County option, would do the trick in conjunction with a radious option ?.

South Worcestershire

Using the advanced search is fine if you know the postcode for the area you require, it's not always apparent to the geographically challenged, a county search would be better in conjunction with postcode search.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"We should also add: We'll be moving to a distance based search where you can search for radius from your own postcode. We started gathering first half of postcode of all new + existing users last year to facilitate this.

Admin x"

fab idea...

leeds and hull are not in the north east

South Worcestershire

"We should also add: We'll be moving to a distance based search where you can search for radius from your own postcode. We started gathering first half of postcode of all new + existing users last year to facilitate this.

Admin x

that was exactly what i was trying to say in my original post,

fab idea...

leeds and hull are not in the north east "

By *istressdebssubCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

"I've noticed whilst on this site that the regional system it uses in searches does have some very slight issues. Most of yorkshire is spread out over several 'regions' from north west, north east and east Midlands. I've spoken to many people and about 90% feel it would be better if 'yorkshire' as a whole had its own region or was all contained in one set region. Although this may be the northerner in me not liking Yorkshire being 'east Midlands' haha . Just an idea and some feedback I've gained from people anyway . As a lot of people I've met in yorkshire would prefer to search their whole region as opposed to haveing to loo in a different regional area for people who are only a few miles away.

An advanced search allows you to do more or less what you want by entering multiple postcodes

http://www.fabswingers.com/browse/advanced

e.g. if you wanted to search northern part of yorkshire you could enter YO HG BD LS

etc.

Admin x

Admin x"

sorry admin but it just doesn't work . parts of essex and cambridgeshire and i am sure members in other areas of east anglia show as being part of the midlands and thats 2 to 3 hours away from the actual location . this includes us . i sent admin a message some time ago asking if these issues could be corrected .

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"sorry admin but it just doesn't work . parts of essex and cambridgeshire and i am sure members in other areas of east anglia show as being part of the midlands and thats 2 to 3 hours away from the actual location . this includes us . i sent admin a message some time ago asking if these issues could be corrected ."

Not sure we understand your message. We agree that the region areas are messed up, at the moment your best bet is to do an advanced search.

We are moving towards proximity searches at which points the regions will become largely irrelevant.

Admin x

By *abinfishnetsCouple  over a year ago

greater manchester/lancashire

do you have any ideas of when the proximity search will go live ?

» Add a new message to this topic