FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ethnicity

Ethnicity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have ethnicity as a search option? say a woman was looking for a black man, she could check that as a search option or a man looking for a black woman etc.

Just a thought.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ooooh ... can we have "Giants" included in the search option too??

definitely, they have it on the other fab site .. fab flirts.. so why not on here?

It's difficult to define ethnicity though. It is quite complex and to an extent it's just the persons own opinion of what their identity is.

Although if your idea was to be simplified and you could search in terms of skin tone then that would make more sense.

By *hinaManMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

If we do, please can we distinguish Oriental (Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc) from Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc) - I think it is important to make this distinction as we are technically very different ethnically (not that I have anything against any other races!)

But in the USA Asian refers primarily to "orientals". Again going back to my point that this is a very complicated subject.

How would you refer to the central asians? e.g. Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Tajiks. The Iranians are from Asia too, do they get a separate category?

By *hinaManMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"But in the USA Asian refers primarily to "orientals". Again going back to my point that this is a very complicated subject.

How would you refer to the central asians? e.g. Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Tajiks. The Iranians are from Asia too, do they get a separate category? "

That is an excellent point which is why I agree that there should perhaps be a wider range of ethnic categories as:

White, Black, Asian, Mixed-Race and Hispanic seems rather limited.

It is true that in the USA, Asian mainly refers to Orientals. However, the point that I would like to make is that certain profiles state their preferences such as:

No Asians

Blacks men only

Only white couples please etc

Never have I come across a profile which even mentions Chinese/Orientals so I think having a search button would make people aware that there are Oriental people on the site. Maybe that's me being selfish but it is only my opinion.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

You could just use the official categories that are used in the UK census.

Plus also have a prefer not to say, for people who do not want to be in the advanced search for ethnicity.

I ahve seen this used on many other sites and seems to work.

The problem is that when we all joined this wasn't an option, so the data is not there. But if you set everyones to prefer not to say and tell them to update their profile I'm sure members wouldn't mind.

Havind said that this question has been askes several times and admin apprear not to want to do this for this site!

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

Haydock Park

this is a great idea, we also think ethnicity shoudl be part of your profile, along with age, body size and so on.

And a section for true red heads real Ginger not dyed

» Add a new message to this topic