FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Outside Village

Outside Village

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *izandpaul OP   Couple  over a year ago

merseyside

Paul and I are off to Cap D'Agde for a couple of weeks from 25th June, staying in the village.

I really don't think my poor ladies bits can take a party every night so we are thinking of venturing out on the odd day or night.

Maybe Agde, Marseillan, Sete or other places anyone can suggest, obviously, I'll be suitably attired!!

What's the best way to travel ouside the village. Bus, taxi, carhire?

All advice gratefully received, including any bus numbers and stops.

See you all in Cap D'Agde from 25th June, not too long now. xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Paul and I are off to Cap D'Agde for a couple of weeks from 25th June, staying in the village.

I really don't think my poor ladies bits can take a party every night so we are thinking of venturing out on the odd day or night.

Maybe Agde, Marseillan, Sete or other places anyone can suggest, obviously, I'll be suitably attired!!

See you all in Cap D'Agde from 25th June, not too long now. xx"

Hi. It is bus number 4 to Agde station . They go every hour but the last one back is about 8 pm.

You can then get the train to Montpellier , Sete or Beziers .

Agde has a market at least one a week and there is a tourist centre for advice .

By *illyFischerMan  over a year ago

sale

and add on Narbonne, Carcassone and Frontignan via train

Hire bikes and cycle trail to Sete

Night out in Cap d Agde textile area and taxi back

Massive fun fair at Valras Plage

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you just want to experience a "normal" beach town, with restaurants, shops etc, then call this

06 70 77 93 51 taxi firm (ask for Nathalie) and go to Portiragnes Plage.

Very nice - Google it.

Bon vacances!

"Paul and I are off to Cap D'Agde for a couple of weeks from 25th June, staying in the village.

if your planning on hiring a car, you will save money by booking it in the UK. The Agip garage in Cap d'Agde rents out cars, primarily a Hertz Agency, but by using a comparison website who are brokers you can pick up a car anywhere. Car hire here in France is not as competitive as the UK.

Sete is a dump. Avoid it.

merseyside

Thanks for all the advice, will probably try to find a beach bar called Mangos, looks nice from pics on internet and head into the big marina area and Agde town centre.

See you all in village... xx

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Would definitely recommend that you hire a car for a couple of days to see a bit more of this beautiful part of France.

Within 30 minutes is the lovely medieval town of Pezenas with it's very French market on Saturday morning, a bit further out, about a hours drive you have the picture perfect villages of Saint Guilhem-le Désert or Roquebrun.

The best time to visit Agde is Thursday morning when the old town is buzzing with the weekly market. You can eat very well, and cheaply, in the market hall.

We like Sète, it's a bit different from the towns around here, a bit of a north african mix, lively in a Marseilles sort of way.

But if you only go to one place for the day try Marseillan Ville, a lovely old medieval village and picturesque port, just 4 miles away. A great place for lunch with loads of restaurants (Market day is Tuesday and they have a flea market on Fridays)

You'll soon see why the Brits and others love it so.

merseyside

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, can you get public transport to Marseillan Ville, as would like to have a few drinks with lunch.

Take it the best way to hire a car is online before leaving UK.

Thanks again, see some of you in June/July.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

There is a shuttle bus (navette) from the airport tol Marseillan via Agde, cost 1.50 euro. Not sure where it stops in Agde but you can pick up a timetable at the airport.

merseyside

"There is a shuttle bus (navette) from the airport tol Marseillan via Agde, cost 1.50 euro. Not sure where it stops in Agde but you can pick up a timetable at the airport."

Thanks

By *illyFischerMan  over a year ago

sale

in front of station

» Add a new message to this topic