FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Restrict who can view

Restrict who can view

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ewCoupleHX OP   Couple  over a year ago

Halifax

Hi All, is there a way to restrict who can view your profile here.

Ty

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

You can restrict who messages you but I believe you cannot restrict who can view your profile.. I stand to be corrected on that though?

Halifax

"You can restrict who messages you but I believe you cannot restrict who can view your profile.. I stand to be corrected on that though?"

Thanks Ms Kerry, we didn't want to block anyone but there has been an increase in "sleaze" which we are finding very off-putting

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Only blocking will stop people being able to view your profile

Halifax

"Only blocking will stop people being able to view your profile"

Thank you

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"You can restrict who messages you but I believe you cannot restrict who can view your profile.. I stand to be corrected on that though?

Thanks Ms Kerry, we didn't want to block anyone but there has been an increase in "sleaze" which we are finding very off-putting"

You're welcome and apologies but I couldn't resist a peek

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Only blocking will stop people being able to view your profile

Thank you"

Don't be afraid to use your block button, you can always unblock later if you change your mind.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thank you

Don't be afraid to use your block button, you can always unblock later if you change your mind. "

As above.

I block anyone who messages that I am not interested in meeting. or if I have site supporter anyone who keeps looking at my profile that I am not interested in.

The only exception I have is for people I chat to from the forum.

Halifax

"You can restrict who messages you but I believe you cannot restrict who can view your profile.. I stand to be corrected on that though?

Thanks Ms Kerry, we didn't want to block anyone but there has been an increase in "sleaze" which we are finding very off-putting

You're welcome and apologies but I couldn't resist a peek "

Wifey left some photos for public, I am guessing that fuelled the sleaze, changed them to friends only and added a block on who can message, life is better

Halifax

Thank you

Don't be afraid to use your block button, you can always unblock later if you change your mind.

As above.

I block anyone who messages that I am not interested in meeting. or if I have site supporter anyone who keeps looking at my profile that I am not interested in.

The only exception I have is for people I chat to from the forum.

"

The problem is not having the powers to unsee

By *rsAndMrKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Related question: Do the people you block know they've been blocked? As I'm not aware of whether we've ever been blocked I don't know if it shows as a hidden profile or if it would be more obvious.

I've been wary of using the function for fear of the potential for negative consequences...

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 18/09/21 16:57:22]

Newcastle

Would be great if this option was available to those who are a site supporter as I remember way back an option that member who was a site supporter had the option to only receive messages from other site supporter only....

Newcastle

"Related question: Do the people you block know they've been blocked? As I'm not aware of whether we've ever been blocked I don't know if it shows as a hidden profile or if it would be more obvious.

I've been wary of using the function for fear of the potential for negative consequences..."

It doesn't give you a direct answer but can be one of many if you would like to try you're welcome to block me then come back to this thread because even after being blocked everyone can still see each other in the forum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We've tried most things only thing that works is to block people or hide profile

Newcastle

"Only blocking will stop people being able to view your profile"

Or using the filters hide the profile but this does also stop people messaging unless have before using and have either unread or read messages which a person can reply via

Southampton

"Related question: Do the people you block know they've been blocked? As I'm not aware of whether we've ever been blocked I don't know if it shows as a hidden profile or if it would be more obvious.

I've been wary of using the function for fear of the potential for negative consequences...

It doesn't give you a direct answer but can be one of many if you would like to try you're welcome to block me then come back to this thread because even after being blocked everyone can still see each other in the forum "

Ok, consider yourself blocked.

On your other question, there's an option on the mail filter page to not allow messages from non-supporters. Is that what you're looking for?

Newcastle

It doesn't give you a direct answer but can be one of many if you would like to try you're welcome to block me then come back to this thread because even after being blocked everyone can still see each other in the forum

Ok, consider yourself blocked.

On your other question, there's an option on the mail filter page to not allow messages from non-supporters. Is that what you're looking for?"

Firstly thank you and yes non supporters so would be a lovely added feature

Southampton

So how does it appear to you, I guess the same as me for you: you're blocked/you blocked them/they're banned?

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"So how does it appear to you, I guess the same as me for you: you're blocked/you blocked them/they're banned?"

there's usually a screen it takes you to basically saying either you have blocked the profile they have blocked you or the profile has recently left the site.

» Add a new message to this topic