FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Changing age on profile

Changing age on profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it against site rules to change your age in order to get round filters? I can't seem to find anything on this in the FAQ. Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

"Is it against site rules to change your age in order to get round filters? I can't seem to find anything on this in the FAQ. Thanks "

Hi, dont know about site rules but a couple we know changed their age as a joke & couldnt change it back again ( so if you are looking for 99 year olds you are in luck lol )

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I just got told to start a new profile and change my age. Id rather be honest,if they dont want to meet because of my age. Its their loss

By *ove121LustCouple  over a year ago

LaLa Land

We know a couple that are 45 but have said 39 to be in the under 40 group

It's not 'illegal' bit is immoral, what the point of filters if we're all going to lie :-/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's a single guy we met in the early days who's always deleting his profile and rejoining and each time he's a bit younger. Makes me chuckle, why not just be bloody honest for goodness sake.

I thought changing your date of birth to specifically get round the filters to contact someone outside your age was against the rules (though proving it might be difficult) but you are right, it isn't listed on the faq as I just looked

"I thought changing your date of birth to specifically get round the filters to contact someone outside your age was against the rules (though proving it might be difficult) but you are right, it isn't listed on the faq as I just looked"

Thanks, that's what I thought too. He was 30 but he's now 36 and has messaged me although my profile has been hidden last two days since I saw he'd viewed me.

It not in rules but you can change age ONCE then you stuck with that age on profile even admin can't change it .I think the option is there for genuine mistakes not to get around filters and if someone is lieing about age it begs question what else they being dishonest about ..hope that helps

"It not in rules but you can change age ONCE then you stuck with that age on profile even admin can't change it .I think the option is there for genuine mistakes not to get around filters and if someone is lieing about age it begs question what else they being dishonest about ..hope that helps "

Seems it's not a written rule regarding getting round filters. Thanks, I'll just block.

"It not in rules but you can change age ONCE then you stuck with that age on profile even admin can't change it .I think the option is there for genuine mistakes not to get around filters and if someone is lieing about age it begs question what else they being dishonest about ..hope that helps

Seems it's not a written rule regarding getting round filters. Thanks, I'll just block."

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Seems it's not a written rule regarding getting round filters. Thanks, I'll just block."
It's worth reporting the profile too, as they'll need to contact Admin to get their DoB changed back again!

"Seems it's not a written rule regarding getting round filters. Thanks, I'll just block.It's worth reporting the profile too, as they'll need to contact Admin to get their DoB changed back again!"
if you change it once you cant change again even admin can't help it all there in the options if you wish to change your d.o.b

Admin only recently stopped the date of birth changing, to specifically stop people changing their age to get round filters.

They also responded to someone else asking them to contact them, for further changes to their age. I think they can change it.

Lots of people have a second profile, where they are slightly younger.....

If people say they're younger or older than they really are, that's between them and their conscience but this was deliberately done to contact me. I've saved the message which proves we have a history!

"If people say they're younger or older than they really are, that's between them and their conscience but this was deliberately done to contact me. I've saved the message which proves we have a history! "

Report the message to admin, give them the details, they will deal with him

"Admin only recently stopped the date of birth changing, to specifically stop people changing their age to get round filters.

They also responded to someone else asking them to contact them, for further changes to their age. I think they can change it.

Lots of people have a second profile, where they are slightly younger..... "

Yep don't they just and think he learnt a harsh lesson having them both removed as I proved they were the same person cos he had his phone number on both

Very shallow for a couple of reasons

Why lie about your age?

Why should anyone care about a persons age? It's about much more than that

I'm 88 btw

Why would anyone bother? I've been 21 for the past 35 years and the swinging's been terrific, regardless

I care! I set my filters deliberately and for a very good reason which is to stop certain people or a certain person from contacting me.

It becomes really annoying when this person then figures out the filters I have in place eg. no newbies, verified men only, and no one outside my age range, He then waits for a week, gets verified and then deliberately changes his age in order to contact me.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I care! I set my filters deliberately and for a very good reason which is to stop certain people or a certain person from contacting me.

It becomes really annoying when this person then figures out the filters I have in place eg. no newbies, verified men only, and no one outside my age range, He then waits for a week, gets verified and then deliberately changes his age in order to contact me. "

Which he then can't change back - you only get one change now.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If someone is bothering you Legs report their profile and Admin will check it out

"If someone is bothering you Legs report their profile and Admin will check it out "

Just checked and he's a UNLOS! Thanks

"Very shallow for a couple of reasons

Why lie about your age?

Why should anyone care about a persons age? It's about much more than that

I'm 88 btw"

For some of us age comes first

» Add a new message to this topic