FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Verifications

Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to my profile I have been verified by 18 people:

13 women

2 couples

3 men

All of those people posted written verifications after meeting me or speaking on webcam; and I had all their verifications published on my profile.

Ten of the people have since deleted their accounts, and their verifications have been likewise deleted.

My question is, if they are no longer active on Fab, why are they still counted in my total number of verifications?

Conversely, if the fact that they verified me is still relevant enough to include them in the total, why not allow me to continue to display their written verifications also?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"According to my profile I have been verified by 18 people:

13 women

2 couples

3 men

All of those people posted written verifications after meeting me or speaking on webcam; and I had all their verifications published on my profile.

Ten of the people have since deleted their accounts, and their verifications have been likewise deleted.

My question is, if they are no longer active on Fab, why are they still counted in my total number of verifications?

Conversely, if the fact that they verified me is still relevant enough to include them in the total, why not allow me to continue to display their written verifications also?"

They're still counted because you you did have the meet.

They don't show because the person has left, so there's nowhere for the veri to link back to.

Plus, if they've left, presumably they want nothing more to do with Fab, so their future privacy is protected.

"They don't show because the person has left, so there's nowhere for the veri to link back to.

Plus, if they've left, presumably they want nothing more to do with Fab, so their future privacy is protected. "

I take the point that their future privacy must be protected.

However, if I left the site today, this comment would still be displayed for the world to see; albeit with 'User No Longer On Site' showing in place of my username.

If the site is so concerned about 'the future privacy' of ex-members, why are forum posts not auto-deleted in the same way as verifications?

Conversely, if forum posts can be left standing as 'Anonymous' comments, why not simply do the same for verifications, and replace their screen-names with 'User No Longer On Site'?

"They don't show because the person has left, so there's nowhere for the veri to link back to.

Plus, if they've left, presumably they want nothing more to do with Fab, so their future privacy is protected.

However, if I left the site today, this comment would still be displayed for the world to see; albeit with 'User No Longer On Site' showing in place of my username.

If the site is so concerned about 'the future privacy' of ex-members, why are forum posts not auto-deleted in the same way as verifications?

Conversely, if forum posts can be left standing as 'Anonymous' comments, why not simply do the same for verifications, and replace their screen-names with 'User No Longer On Site'?"

It is just one ofthe oddities of this website, forum posts remain after users leave the site yet verifications can't.

By *itsmcgee4Couple  over a year ago

Central

Conversely, if forum posts can be left standing as 'Anonymous' comments, why not simply do the same for verifications, and replace their screen-names with 'User No Longer On Site'?"

I think that's an excellent point, I don't display ours unless someone asks to see them but if all the people who'd verified were gone that wouldn't be possible

Because if forum posts from unlos accounts disappeared the thread conversations would make no sense.

Look at any of the older threads where several people on the thread are unlos.

Now try and read the thread and dont read the unlos posts.

No sense at all to the conversation now, yes?

Im quite new here and would like help to be verified

"Because if forum posts from unlos accounts disappeared the thread conversations would make no sense.

No sense at all to the conversation now, yes?"

But what about the 'privacy' of the former users?

What if they said something that would be considered embarrassing or inflammatory?

"Because if forum posts from unlos accounts disappeared the thread conversations would make no sense.

No sense at all to the conversation now, yes?

But what about the 'privacy' of the former users?

What if they said something that would be considered embarrassing or inflammatory?"

Anything inflammatory would have been deleted by the moderators.

Have you looked at the older threads with unlos members? There's no avatar no name and no link to a profile, ergo, no embarrassment.

"Have you looked at the older threads with unlos members? There's no avatar no name and no link to a profile, ergo, no embarrassment"

Exactly, so why would it be a breach of privacy to display old verifications from ex-members as having been posted by 'Anonymous'?

By *itsmcgee4Couple  over a year ago

Central

"Have you looked at the older threads with unlos members? There's no avatar no name and no link to a profile, ergo, no embarrassment

Exactly, so why would it be a breach of privacy to display old verifications from ex-members as having been posted by 'Anonymous'?"

» Add a new message to this topic