FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Nerves

Nerves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ust_James OP   Man  over a year ago

Dalston

Another one about nveres, I know it gets old real fast but how do I get over 1-1 meets(If any)

I recently arrange to meet as TS for quick one today but kept getting lost and by the time I arrived, I was abit grr and she could tell I was abit grr, so I left!

I feel I keep blowing it by being nervous, ruffled and uncomfortable maybe it's because of my job, my situation and/or what to expect... How do I get over this?! I do think that nerves kinda help but not when it gets you kicked off, so to speak!

Help me get over this so I can have fun!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The way I handled it was by explaining I was nervous and having a brew with them before I started. (I specifically say brew because I mean not alcohol. I think on my first meet - where I was so nervous I actually shook - it was actually water).

I don't know how gender plays into this and whether this is "something that's ok for women to do". But I just had the conversation and was honest. I want to do this, I'm excited, but I'm also nervous. I worked through it.

By *elpful and caringMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

In my experience it takes a great deal of time and effort for people to get ready for meets.

The least you can do is turn up on time.

I have never been late, nor would I be, as in my opinion it gives totally the wrong impression. You didn’t turn up on time suggests you’re not bothered.

Dalston

The thing is, she had time before 1pm and it was okay if I showed up, I did try and explain what but she wasn't having it because i wasn't vibing right apparently but yeah, I always make sure I have a time frame next time and explain before meeting about my nerves.

Dalston

"The way I handled it was by explaining I was nervous and having a brew with them before I started. (I specifically say brew because I mean not alcohol. I think on my first meet - where I was so nervous I actually shook - it was actually water).

I don't know how gender plays into this and whether this is "something that's ok for women to do". But I just had the conversation and was honest. I want to do this, I'm excited, but I'm also nervous. I worked through it."

I should do this tbh, dunno why I think I can just jump ahead, even after weeks of chatting as well, that's what annoys me about it

» Add a new message to this topic