FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > GAA funding

GAA funding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Isn’t it funny how Galway are successful and sponsored by Supermacs, Limerick hurling by JP and Dublin let’s just say are sponsored by the HQ. Only competitive Provence is Ulste

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well, I think the GAA funding is allocated along the lines of county population and % GAA participation rate - so Dublin/Cork/Galway are already ahead of the curve there and have the natural advantage

In terms of sponsors on the shirt, I do think the GAA should take greater note of how much each county is getting in both cash and “favours”. I always find it gas that some counties are sponsored by local businesses and others are sponsored by large multinational corporations....

That said, I don’t think AbbVie could fix Sligo GAA with any amount of big pharma money

"Well, I think the GAA funding is allocated along the lines of county population and % GAA participation rate - so Dublin/Cork/Galway are already ahead of the curve there and have the natural advantage

In terms of sponsors on the shirt, I do think the GAA should take greater note of how much each county is getting in both cash and “favours”. I always find it gas that some counties are sponsored by local businesses and others are sponsored by large multinational corporations....

That said, I don’t think AbbVie could fix Sligo GAA with any amount of big pharma money "

Well JP’s money fixed it for Limerick

"Well, I think the GAA funding is allocated along the lines of county population and % GAA participation rate - so Dublin/Cork/Galway are already ahead of the curve there and have the natural advantage

That said, I don’t think AbbVie could fix Sligo GAA with any amount of big pharma money

Well JP’s money fixed it for Limerick "

100% correct

So you’re saying that without JPs money, Limerick GAA would collapse and they’d never lift another piece of Silverware?

It looks like it’s the school teams and Limerick City club teams that have produced this golden generation of players... I’m sure JPs money helps with gym facilities and pre-match hospitality etc. but I’d say the player commitment and volunteer hours put in by youth coaches for over a decade is the real catalyst for them...

"So you’re saying that without JPs money, Limerick GAA would collapse and they’d never lift another piece of Silverware?

It looks like it’s the school teams and Limerick City club teams that have produced this golden generation of players... I’m sure JPs money helps with gym facilities and pre-match hospitality etc. but I’d say the player commitment and volunteer hours put in by youth coaches for over a decade is the real catalyst for them... "

When did they last win something without his sponsorship?

By *isburnguyforfunMan  over a year ago

lisburn

Why is this on a swingers site ??????

"So you’re saying that without JPs money, Limerick GAA would collapse and they’d never lift another piece of Silverware?

It looks like it’s the school teams and Limerick City club teams that have produced this golden generation of players... I’m sure JPs money helps with gym facilities and pre-match hospitality etc. but I’d say the player commitment and volunteer hours put in by youth coaches for over a decade is the real catalyst for them...

When did they last win something without his sponsorship?"

For more than 20 years he sponsored them without them winning anything haha

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

"Isn’t it funny how Galway are successful and sponsored by Supermacs, Limerick hurling by JP and Dublin let’s just say are sponsored by the HQ. Only competitive Provence is Ulste"

Nonsense ,

Mayo or Galway have always won Connaught before any sponsorhip, with a few exceptions thrown in

Same with dublin,

Same with kerry.

If money was evenly distributed around counties, i guarantee that the same counties would still be challanging then as now.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

It looks like it’s the school teams and Limerick City club teams that have produced this golden generation of players... I’m sure JPs money helps with gym facilities and pre-match hospitality etc. but I’d say the player commitment and volunteer hours put in by youth coaches for over a decade is the real catalyst for them... "

When the Galway finances were audited two years ago by Mazars, their was suprise amongst GAA supporter's at how small his sponsorship deal was for Hurling and Football teams, including Juvenile...It would struggle to cover the bus for teams to games. Probably around 10% of running Galway teams for a year!

JP been sponsoring Limerick for nearly 30yrs. Limerick just like Galway owe alot to the schools and their competitions. But then again thats where the county boards are very active with coaching.

By *odge72Man  over a year ago

Nenagh

"Isn’t it funny how Galway are successful and sponsored by Supermacs, Limerick hurling by JP and Dublin let’s just say are sponsored by the HQ. Only competitive Provence is Ulste"

The GAA

Rent free in this lads head

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Since when have Galway been considered successful?

URPANTS

When the Galway finances were audited two years ago by Mazars, their was suprise amongst GAA supporter's at how small his sponsorship deal was for Hurling and Football teams, including Juvenile...It would struggle to cover the bus for teams to games. Probably around 10% of running Galway teams for a year!

JP been sponsoring Limerick for nearly 30yrs. Limerick just like Galway owe alot to the schools and their competitions. But then again thats where the county boards are very active with coaching."

I thought the audit showed that his sponsorship wasn't being used correctly ie. Not being used to help the teams and players but the ovwrseers

The West

"Since when have Galway been considered successful? "

When your teams compete at the highest level in every single grade in Football, Hurling, Camogie and LGF...its usually considered successful. Have seen all irelands won in every grade in each sport. The top dual County in Ireland.

The West

"

I thought the audit showed that his sponsorship wasn't being used correctly ie. Not being used to help the teams and players but the ovwrseers"

Oh there was that too. But the overall sum of money had many laughing. Probably a sign of a bigger issue internally.

I don't expect to see it renewed in a few years, not the current one anyway...Galway Utd might share the wealth!

Jesus you love a chance to bash the GAA!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Jesus you love a chance to bash the GAA! "

Be careful he doesn't come back at you and bash the bishop

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

It’s crazy how Kilkenny were successful for all those years, the plucky underdogs v JP McManus and his wallet….

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Since when have Galway been considered successful?

When your teams compete at the highest level in every single grade in Football, Hurling, Camogie and LGF...its usually considered successful. Have seen all irelands won in every grade in each sport. The top dual County in Ireland. "

They compete at the top level in football, that's a bit of a stretch. One semi final in the last twenty years and one Hurling title in the last thirty years.

Wouldn't be my definition of success but each to their own.

URPANTS

When your teams compete at the highest level in every single grade in Football, Hurling, Camogie and LGF...its usually considered successful. Have seen all irelands won in every grade in each sport. The top dual County in Ireland. "

Probably the best hurling team in leinster!

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

When your teams compete at the highest level in every single grade in Football, Hurling, Camogie and LGF...its usually considered successful. Have seen all irelands won in every grade in each sport. The top dual County in Ireland.

Probably the best hurling team in leinster! "

Saturday even will decide that

"Jesus you love a chance to bash the GAA!

Be careful he doesn't come back at you and bash the bishop "

He'd have to join the queue

» Add a new message to this topic