FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Face pic etiquette

Face pic etiquette

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ildarex2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

D4

We have been swinging on and off for near 20 years. what we have seen alot more is when we get a mail doesn't been face pics attached. We would reply with the usually polite hello response and then the mails do start back and forth. But after a few messages we would send our face pic or add then to our friend list which have our face pics. But it seems to be more common when we ask DO YOU HAVE A FACE PIC the reply is sorry we don't send face pics. So question is. Is there a face pic etiquette of when u should send them if u make first contact?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Dont think it has any link to first contact however if u request one you should sent yrs first in my book, the mails to and fro should sort out wheather the other are willing to send face pics or not then its a decision on ur part

Those that request a face pic with the first mail as they need to see who they are talking to can FRO theres a thrust that needs to be built for that to happen on a site like this.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Everyone has their own etiquette. The usual response to this on here is that the person to ask for a face pic should be the guest one to send one regardless of who contacts who.

There are many women and couples who rightly don't send face pics at all.

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to feel that that right to privacy doesn't apply to men and they have something to hide.

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

If you like the profile and you have established that your in to the same things or willing to try something new...a face pic swap next ...a social follows if there is attraction

By *heBlowinsCouple  over a year ago

West Cork

Ah one of the most divisive topics on Fab

I'd like to share a bit of insight from the less popular side:

As a couple who publicly has their face pics and asks for them upfront (as mentioned on our profile), we're in the minority in Ireland - it seems to be more typical in other, less conservative locales and even so on some apps (e.g. Feeld, 3fun, OKC, etc.)

Some will say that asking for or providing face pics is "wrong" but we don't see it that way- it's a personal choice between consenting adults and everyone has different reasons for being here.

We found that chatting a long time before swapping face pics only to discover that the physical attraction wasn't there was simply a waste of time and emotional resources. So we decided to "go public" and ask for face pics upfront.

This is not for everyone! We get it and would never push people for it.

Communication and consent are the cornerstones of our kink

D4

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 09:08:52]

D4

"If you like the profile and you have established that your in to the same things or willing to try something new...a face pic swap next ...a social follows if there is attraction "

We would fully agree. If we suggest to meet for a drink them I think it only fair we send our face pics first. But if the other couple ask us for a drink/meet then we would expect the same back. We really are not into blind dates. As we said we are around a long time and have found this more and more over the last couple of years.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We never send face pics, this is made quite clear on our profile, nor do we demand them, as we feel others are entitled to the same level of privacy - even the single males that some seem to think are a lower form of life .

By *rishcouple12Couple  over a year ago

Cork County

With anything on fab , set your own rules and boundaries. Never feel pressurised to do anything.

As long as you are upfront about your rules and boundaries, there should be no issue .

By *amiero29Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

I feel like sending face pics is a good thing to do early on, but I've got to at least have a wee bit of banter and conversation going first. I've sent plenty of messages to people that never replied back. Who knows if they're real profiles or trustworthy people. So I wouldn't see the point in sending it to a someone like that right from the start.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

We don't send nor demand them from anyone ,if there's a connection in chatting ,well arrange a social and take it from there .

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I dont ask for a face pic, as what you look like doesnt bother me. Im more intrested in making a good connection .

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Identity theft is a very serious pervasive problem worldwide; guard your privacy jealously.

By *andR2019Couple  over a year ago

Nunya

Mines are on here but contemplating removing them x

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

I've no problem sending them,and am of the opinion that if the person is asking for one they should be willing to send one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Identity theft is a very serious pervasive problem worldwide; guard your privacy jealously."

Melissa Mc Carthy was good at that lol. I have no problem sending in private if it is mutually agreed after some chatting . I prefer if it's mutual but if it isn't then I won't send mine either and I am happy to have blind dates too which I have done with the right connection. While I understand people must be cautious to protect their privacy but it also makes me wonder about insecurities when people don't especially if it's only face not explicit. Fab has that fantastic feature now where the picture just disappears or you removeimmediately after it's seen(if you're a site supporter) which is great and even if it's tried saving they end up blurred.

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

What gets on my nerves is the unsolicited face pics sent to us in the hope we will send ours back . Not happening

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We don’t send face pics nor do we ask them. Blind dates don’t bother us. We are here also for the banter.

Plus we have met after receiving “good” face pics and been disappointed.. and others we met since we may not have met if we had seen a pic beforehand but when we met, we had a great connection and later fun

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"We don’t send face pics nor do we ask them. Blind dates don’t bother us. We are here also for the banter.

Plus we have met after receiving “good” face pics and been disappointed.. and others we met since we may not have met if we had seen a pic beforehand but when we met, we had a great connection and later fun "

If that’s good connection good banter few laughs mutually agreeable fun chats I’m happy to meet without seeing a picture I just have to get to Costa Coffee early and put my glasses on lol

West Cork

We may be naive but I've struggled to understand this...

How does one steal someone's identity with face pics? People have their face pics, names, and much more publicly available on the internet.

The difference here is that many people don't want others to know they're interested in relatively unusual sexual practices and/or they're uncomfortable with their pictures being spread without their knowledge and consent. That's not identity theft.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"We may be naive but I've struggled to understand this...

How does one steal someone's identity with face pics? People have their face pics, names, and much more publicly available on the internet.

The difference here is that many people don't want others to know they're interested in relatively unusual sexual practices and/or they're uncomfortable with their pictures being spread without their knowledge and consent. That's not identity theft."

Fab identities have been stolen. Pictures and bios copied and people pretending to be someone else.

It's happened to me 3 times and my pics were sent in abusive messages to women so imagine what it would be like if facepics were freely available.

West Cork

Fair enough.. I was thinking of a different type of identity theft, not Fab-specific.

Posing as someone else on Fab (or anywhere) can happen with or without face pics though... I wonder what the metrics are in places where face pics are more freely shared on Fab and similar sites/apps.

» Add a new message to this topic