FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Be careful folks

Be careful folks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornywife20 OP   Couple  over a year ago

North Cork

Saw a post earlier where a guy said he was asked to share face pics he did . Then he said the couple asked him for 500 quid or they would send the pics and his profile to all his Facebook friends. He said he didn't care . Post was removed as he used their name in the post.

So be careful folks what you share .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Saw a post earlier where a guy said he was asked to share face pics he did . Then he said the couple asked him for 500 quid or they would send the pics and his profile to all his Facebook friends. He said he didn't care . Post was removed as he used their name in the post.

So be careful folks what you share ."

He took the right action giving into threaths like that only encourages those that think they can shame people out of money fair play to him

Not the first time its happened and wont be the last alway be sure ur comfortable sharing pics

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

You can only control what you choose to share yourself.

You've no control over what others decide to do with whatever you share with them.

Some might do what the op on the other thread experienced and some play the long game and drip feed pics and info to others

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mam is gonna be so confused when Tom Hardys fave pics and some random Russian dudes cock pics get sent to her

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

It would be great to know about profiles like you are talking about or other profiles that are dangerous to women. Unfortunately the rules on fab state they can't be named. I know their stance is that they don't have any proof. But how else do we keep ourselves safe here. Are we safer in group socials or events. What about us that don't attend many and prefer one to one meets. There should be apart from common sense a way for fab to keep us safe. Do we have to rely on the information our friends give us and go with our instincts. Over my years here I've been made aware of profiles to stay away from and thankfully when a note is popped on their profile it remains regardless of them changing their name.There are sexual predators here that lots are aware of but yet they are allowed to continue here as a threat to us all. How can this be allowed to continue. As its seems predators have more rights than victims. I know people will say that there will be some who will accuse some of this as a matter of revenge but when is enough enough.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"It would be great to know about profiles like you are talking about or other profiles that are dangerous to women. Unfortunately the rules on fab state they can't be named. I know their stance is that they don't have any proof. But how else do we keep ourselves safe here. Are we safer in group socials or events. What about us that don't attend many and prefer one to one meets. There should be apart from common sense a way for fab to keep us safe. Do we have to rely on the information our friends give us and go with our instincts. Over my years here I've been made aware of profiles to stay away from and thankfully when a note is popped on their profile it remains regardless of them changing their name.There are sexual predators here that lots are aware of but yet they are allowed to continue here as a threat to us all. How can this be allowed to continue. As its seems predators have more rights than victims. I know people will say that there will be some who will accuse some of this as a matter of revenge but when is enough enough."

Enough is enough when people stop making up lies and false allegations to suit their own agendas.But as we all know that will sadly not happen on here or in life outside of here. Until then all anyone can do is use their own judgement and don't share anything that you don't want spread or used against you.

Yes I agree there are predators on here and they shouldn't be on here. There are also people who have been falsely accused due to pissing someone off by saying no to them or deciding to stop meeting someone.

It is why people have to try and read between the lines and learn who they can trust to be telling the truth and not just adding fuel to the fire.

Also people ignore obvious red flags on here as well. The op of the thread earlier ignored a few on that profile that I saw when I looked at it. Including pics that I've seen on quite a few profiles on here all claiming that penis on show was theirs and a one line bio which corrected the age of the man of the couple.

People just need to make a call on the info they are willing to share and unfortunately sometimes the people they trust with that info are not trustworthy and share it to others or in this case try and make money off it. It's crap and it shouldn't happen but it does. And until people pull others on sharing info or when they look for it nothing will ever change.

This is horrible...i personally never had such situation..

But can imagine that there is some bad minds out there that are looking for any way to try to trick on people

"Saw a post earlier where a guy said he was asked to share face pics he did . Then he said the couple asked him for 500 quid or they would send the pics and his profile to all his Facebook friends. He said he didn't care . Post was removed as he used their name in the post.

The laughable thing is he has face pics on his profile for anyone to see, doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to keep his fab life a secret, they are bl*ckmailing the wrong fella

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

You have to realise that anything personal you share can be shared with others or put on a public forum.

For ladies and couples it's just too dangerous to share face pics where swinging is concerned, assuming you value your privacy.

The risk is lower for guys who are viewed differently (for engaging in swinging) by society.

By *arriedcurious400Couple  over a year ago

South County Dublin

We have shared face pics but they are things that would be on Facebook. Anything with a gory images doesn't have our faces in it. If someone is going to look to extort someone they can pull any image you share on social media and photo shop in what they like. Unfortunately there are some horrible people out there

By *ild WomanWoman  over a year ago

Carlow

That is scarcy I know I had a stalker and I just told him the police would be involved soon if he kept it up.

"That is scarcy I know I had a stalker and I just told him the police would be involved soon if he kept it up.

"

Did it stop

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

"You have to realise that anything personal you share can be shared with others or put on a public forum.

For ladies and couples it's just too dangerous to share face pics where swinging is concerned, assuming you value your privacy.

The risk is lower for guys who are viewed differently (for engaging in swinging) by society."

its just as bad for fellas not all of us want our private lives common knowledge to everyone.

North Cork

That's this tread finished now as the poster above named another couple which is against the rules . It will be removed y the powers that be

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"That's this tread finished now as the poster above named another couple which is against the rules . It will be removed y the powers that be "

Better to name than sit idly by, well done that couple

By *ome_wild_girlWoman  over a year ago

Antrim Town

"That's this tread finished now as the poster above named another couple which is against the rules . It will be removed y the powers that be

Better to name than sit idly by, well done that couple "

Pays to read profiles though, some have so many red flags it's a wonder they get any interaction.

Gods Own Country

"That's this tread finished now as the poster above named another couple which is against the rules . It will be removed y the powers that be

Pays to read profiles though, some have so many red flags it's a wonder they get any interaction. "

Wise words

North Cork

Better to name than sit idly by, well done that couple "

Better to report them and get them removed from the site.

Better to report them and get them removed from the site."

And they're back an hour later with a new name.

By *ixenforfunWoman  over a year ago

banes mask

The other day i got a message from a guy claiming that he knew who i was and that we lived on the same road. He said that the next time he saw me he would "discreetly" say fab to me and would send me a friend request on fb. I knew something was iffy because every time a message came through the location was different. I reported it. Profile still there and its verified.

Gods Own Country

Better to report them and get them removed from the site."

true that also folks

Gods Own Country

"The other day i got a message from a guy claiming that he knew who i was and that we lived on the same road. He said that the next time he saw me he would "discreetly" say fab to me and would send me a friend request on fb. I knew something was iffy because every time a message came through the location was different. I reported it. Profile still there and its verified. "

"The other day i got a message from a guy claiming that he knew who i was and that we lived on the same road. He said that the next time he saw me he would "discreetly" say fab to me and would send me a friend request on fb. I knew something was iffy because every time a message came through the location was different. I reported it. Profile still there and its verified. "

I just delete and ignore, it's like click bait they want a reply. One guy told me he knew my son, my reply was from Castlerea prison

By *hyeyesMan  over a year ago

meath

I think the amount of times a person has been blocked should be shown on there profile

That would be easy enough for Fab to incorporate into everyone's profile

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I think the amount of times a person has been blocked should be shown on there profile

That would be easy enough for Fab to incorporate into everyone's profile "

Why? That has no bearing on who they are or the type of person they are at all.

Most people are on block lists because they aren't compatible with the people who have blocked them and not because of anything they have said or done.

Apart from anything else that would be abused by the flakey folk who would be blocking like a dervish just to affect someone else's fab journey.

By *ildonemelMan  over a year ago

Tullamore

Just follow instincts and always decide what you feel is right at each situation. It’s hard to sort out good from bad here but some basic things can be used to avoid such situations for example:

*Never share pictures to unverified new profiles (profiles created in last 24 hrs or a week)

Also to profile created over a year ago but still not even photo verified)

* check the photos in their profile - some dumbasses put screenshots even without trimming it, lol yeah they do exist. It’s a clear sign the profile is fake.

* never share anything to people who are desperate in chats. Take your time. The fake ones don’t make it long here until they disappear and pop up again with a new name.

I made several mistakes when I was new here. Sharing some things here which I learned the hard way.

Cheers everyone, happy Fabbing.

By *arriedcurious400Couple  over a year ago

South County Dublin

"I think the amount of times a person has been blocked should be shown on there profile

I woman blocked us because she asked to talk on kik and then when I sent her my kik address she said it was a male account and said how pathetic it was and then blocked us. Hardly fair if that block shows up???

Gods Own Country

Never heard anything as silly in awhile but it's good to hear others opinion

By *unnerbenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

A few years ago a girl I had met a few times on fab and had several meets with suddenly turned Turk on me . She tried to hold me to ransom. She Wanted €5000 off me . Told me she would release photos of me that she would have men come after me if I didn’t pay up . I blocked her her on fab and everything else ! That was end of it . Don’t ever pay these scumbags!

"A few years ago a girl I had met a few times on fab and had several meets with suddenly turned Turk on me . She tried to hold me to ransom. She Wanted €5000 off me . Told me she would release photos of me that she would have men come after me if I didn’t pay up . I blocked her her on fab and everything else ! That was end of it . Don’t ever pay these scumbags! "

Sorry too hear that but if it’s 5 grand I’d give them my bank details and they’ll be in debt

What a horrible... horrible thing that they said or even think off ...or to threaten ...

» Add a new message to this topic