FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Professional hair stylists, advice needed

Professional hair stylists, advice needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rAndMrsRight OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Knowing how wide and vibrant this community is, I really hope to get some advice.

My hair is just past chin length, it has chemo "curls" and I'm at my wits end on how to make it manageable and what products to use.

When it's freshly washed - it wants to mostly turn into curls, but it never actually does, it's just a frizzy mess.

If I blow-dry it - it's nice that day, but looks flat and greasy next morning, so I have to wash and blow dry it every day to look presentable, but I know it causes even more damage to it.

Currently I'm avoiding cutting it as I'm trying to grow it into a shoulder length bob and go from there.

Would anyone be able to advise me on how to deal with that mess so I don't cause further damage and make it either curly or straight with hopefully not much effort?

Missus

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *electableicecreamMan 5 weeks ago

The West

I have curly hair. Lots and lots.

I tried everything and spent more money on products than I care to think about but nowadays I've found a way to keep it from looking like a briar relative cheep with very low maintenance.

I'm happy to DM you how I manage it.

By *lue Sapphire GemWoman 5 weeks ago

Wicklow

Now I'm no hair stylist but schwarzkopf got2b beach matt it's good for curls doesn't go crispy and keeps your curls in place doesn't frizz put it in your hair when wet let it dry naturally or if your worried about damage to your hair from over straightening they also do a heat defence spray but as for the washing every day I've no advice I have the same problem hope that helps a wee bit

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman 5 weeks ago

Athlone

"I have curly hair. Lots and lots.

I tried everything and spent more money on products than I care to think about but nowadays I've found a way to keep it from looking like a briar relative cheep with very low maintenance

I'm happy to DM you how I manage it."

Can I just say, your curls look unreal!

By *tmTransManMan 5 weeks ago

dublin

I too have curls. Struggled with the frizz for donkey’s years. The single best piece of advice I ever got was from a black lady at a party, and it actually changed my life. Basically less shampoo, more conditioner. Curly hair will frizz when shampoo clean so shampoo less. Instead when you shower just wet your hair. Then after you get out lash a load of conditioner in (a bit more than you think) and leave it to dry naturally.

Works absolute wonders on my hair and it’s waaay less work than I used to put into it. Give it a bash and let us know how ye get on

By *rAndMrsRight OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Thank you for all replies.

I don't really care much for making it more curly as the curls are not consistent and there's a few areas that don't curl at all.

Would much rather find a way to keep it straighter without having to blow dry it every single day

The West

"Thank you for all replies.

I don't really care much for making it more curly as the curls are not consistent and there's a few areas that don't curl at all.

Would much rather find a way to keep it straighter without having to blow dry it every single day "

My advice would be completely useless to you in that case

The West

Generally you want to add more weight to the hair so it hangs straighter.

Deep conditioning hair masks and leave in conditioner might help. A protein shot every now and again but not too often as it will make your hair brittle

By *affa31Woman 5 weeks ago

Galway

"Thank you for all replies.

Would much rather find a way to keep it straighter without having to blow dry it every single day "

A treatment like Cocochoco….its like a 12 week blow dry but better for your hair. Expensive but lasts about 5-6 months

By *amson4DelilahCouple 5 weeks ago

ballina

Keep those ends trimmed, chemo hair has a brittle almost singed/permed texture to it & it is finer. So blunt cutting the ends will help keep it weighted.

» Add a new message to this topic