FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > 'How's you?'. Why do you type it when you wouldn't say it?

'How's you?'. Why do you type it when you wouldn't say it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ofusplus OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

Limerick

Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ipstick KissesWoman 3 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

I do actually say it

By *ardyboy54321Man 3 weeks ago

Fermanagh

"Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs "
so tell me how's you keeping

Limerick

"I do actually say it "

Well fair enough if you say it in real life! Maybe it's a nordy thing but I've never actually heard it said but I see it all the time in chat groups but only since joining Fab

Limerick

"Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs so tell me how's you keeping "

I'm grand now Hardy, how's you?

By *ichael McCarthyMan 3 weeks ago

Lucan

I worked with a lad from Wexford back in the early 90s who used to greet me like that every morning. His other one was "oh I loves that" with an occasional "so I does" thrown on the end for good measure.

How's yourself isn't terribly uncommon in places.

Limerick

"I worked with a lad from Wexford back in the early 90s who used to greet me like that every morning. His other one was "oh I loves that" with an occasional "so I does" thrown on the end for good measure.

How's yourself isn't terribly uncommon in places. "

Ah yeah I've often heard 'how's yourself' but strangely, never ever on a Fab chat group

By *ogday2181Man 3 weeks ago

Dublin

I think I have said it a few times.

Is that bad?

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 3 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

The phrase "Lol" has managed to slip into my vernacular.

I'm so cool.

By *ealitybitesMan 3 weeks ago

Belfast

I hear this from different people nearly every day and have used it myself the odd time.

Never thought of it being a nordy thing because I have English cousins who use it and friends all over the country who do the same.

By *ortyairCouple 3 weeks ago

Wallasey

I hate it when I recieve messages asking, How's use, How's yous or How's youse.

Instant turn off.

Mrs x

By *illbillMan 3 weeks ago

dublin

I say it.

Limerick

Guys it's fine if you say it and type it as well ... I'm talking about people who don't say it but type it all the time. It seems to be a trend like 'LOL'. I don't get that one either.

By *r_Insatiable666Man 3 weeks ago

Cork

Lol is a bit of a weirder one imo, I use it very rarely but might use lmao for hyperbole purposes. I'm starting to feel old with the even wilder "gyatt" and "ong"

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 3 weeks ago

kinkytown

Only say that on the phone to people who I haven't talked to in a while. I wouldn't use it in person to people I see daily

Belfast

It's one of the idiosyncrasies of fab that people type words, phrases and paragraphs that they would never say out loud.

For example, I don't ever remember saying the word idiosyncrasy.

By *anther PurrrsWoman 3 weeks ago

the Shadows Purrring or Roaring

"I do actually say it

Well fair enough if you say it in real life! Maybe it's a nordy thing but I've never actually heard it said but I see it all the time in chat groups but only since joining Fab "

I’ll admit I’ve said it and it’s an in general how are you and it’s up to the other person as to how much they care to elaborate

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 3 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs "

Aye it’d be quite popular up north, I wouldn’t use it myself but I start every response with “aye”

By *ea ShellsWoman 3 weeks ago

Sligo

Agree totally. I don’t open any messages what begin with that phrase or anything for that matter that doesn’t have proper written English!

Call me posh or snobbish but it goes to the person writing the message.

Yes and I am writing ‘lol’ too despite the above request! Does that mean I am cool too! lol

By *ittlekinks38Woman 3 weeks ago

outside belfast x

Yeah ofcourse what else would you like them to say to you other than "how's you?" If they are genuinely interested??

Lucan

"Yeah ofcourse what else would you like them to say to you other than "how's you?" If they are genuinely interested?? "

How are you, perhaps?

By *ardyboy54321Man 3 weeks ago

Fermanagh

It must be a slow day Nicole

By *ittlekinks38Woman 3 weeks ago

outside belfast x

"Yeah ofcourse what else would you like them to say to you other than "how's you?" If they are genuinely interested??

How are you, perhaps? "

Is that how are you and perhaps? Perhaps what?

Or how are you?

Belfast

"Yeah ofcourse what else would you like them to say to you other than "how's you?" If they are genuinely interested??

How are you, perhaps? "

I've never asked someone "how are things?". I've always asked "how's things?"

Lucan

How are you, perhaps?

I've never asked someone "how are things?". I've always asked "how's things?""

Likewise, but I know it's still technically incorrect. I'd usually ask "how're ya".

I've also never asked "how's you" as that seems even more technically incorrect.

By *electableicecreamMan 3 weeks ago

The West

I's fine thks

Limerick

"It must be a slow day Nicole "

That obvious Hardy?

Limerick

"I's fine thks"

Brilliant

That's how I'm gonna answer in future.

Lucan

How are you, perhaps?

Or how are you? "

Ah heeeere!

Limerick

How are you, perhaps?

Or how are you?

Ah heeeere! "

Mick, you'll have to brush up on your punctuation!

By *ettaManMan 3 weeks ago

Kerry and Dublin

I uses it bcos I saw it in swingers chat groups and was afraid I would be ostracised if I didn't use the colloquialisms of the community.

By *phrodite72Woman 3 weeks ago

dublin/galway

"I do actually say it

Well fair enough if you say it in real life! Maybe it's a nordy thing but I've never actually heard it said but I see it all the time in chat groups but only since joining Fab "

Oh god I say it all the time in real life

By *heekygent50Man 3 weeks ago

Meath

Predicted text or I just spell words wrong

Limerick

"I do actually say it

Well fair enough if you say it in real life! Maybe it's a nordy thing but I've never actually heard it said but I see it all the time in chat groups but only since joining Fab

Oh god I say it all the time in real life "

I have no issue with people using it when its used in both text speak and when chatting in person. It's just so prevalent on Fab chat groups and yet I have never been asked the question in that way face to face at any Fab event. It just seems to be often confined to Fab chat groups for some reason.

dublin/galway

"I do actually say it

I have no issue with people using it when its used in both text speak and when chatting in person. It's just so prevalent on Fab chat groups and yet I have never been asked the question in that way face to face at any Fab event. It just seems to be often confined to Fab chat groups for some reason."

Next time I meet ya ill say how's u

B warned I may even add in 'hun' just to really annoy the posh folk

By *illbillMan 3 weeks ago

dublin

"Guys it's fine if you say it and type it as well ... I'm talking about people who don't say it but type it all the time. It seems to be a trend like 'LOL'. I don't get that one either."

But how do you know if the person who just typed Says it or doesn't say it

By *ilthyNightsCouple 3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I would use the phrase in person occasionally but probably not written, although I don't mind it. What drives me MAD is ..

"How's use"

Or

"How's youse"

Limerick

"Guys it's fine if you say it and type it as well ... I'm talking about people who don't say it but type it all the time. It seems to be a trend like 'LOL'. I don't get that one either.

But how do you know if the person who just typed Says it or doesn't say it "

Eh, because I know them in person

Limerick

"I do actually say it

I have no issue with people using it when its used in both text speak and when chatting in person. It's just so prevalent on Fab chat groups and yet I have never been asked the question in that way face to face at any Fab event. It just seems to be often confined to Fab chat groups for some reason.

B warned I may even add in 'hun' just to really annoy the posh folk "

And I'll respond in my best Limerick accent 'yerrah grand girl, how's she cuttin'

By *heBlowinsCouple 3 weeks ago

West Cork

But but but... How is you??

By *ethmeonfireMan 3 weeks ago

Dublin

Ah don’t forget the “How u”.

Literally saving themselves 1 second by not typing it correctly

Limerick

"Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs

But but but... How is you?? "

I is grand, wuu2?

By *heBlowinsCouple 3 weeks ago

West Cork

"Maybe it's crankiness on a Tuesday, a bit of old age (just a bit!) and too much free time on my hands at the moment but I'm seeing 'How's you' so frequently on chat groups now and I'll admit it grates a bit. I'm wondering do people actually talk like that too because I've never, ever heard anyone actually say it Mrs

I is grand, wuu2? "

Ah love I grand 'swell u no. Alls the best 2 ye

Limerick

I is grand, wuu2?

Ah love I grand 'swell u no. Alls the best 2 ye "

By *ubadubdubWoman 3 weeks ago

Hereabouts

I got one! just now, 'well, how's you' ... Did we decide on the correct response?

Limerick

"I got one! just now, 'well, how's you' ... Did we decide on the correct response? "

The correct response is 'I's fine' as suggested by Delectable above. I've used it twice today, it was very satisfying

By *eralt80Man 3 weeks ago

cork

"I got one! just now, 'well, how's you' ... Did we decide on the correct response?

The correct response is 'I's fine' as suggested by Delectable above. I've used it twice today, it was very satisfying "

Ireland, the land of poets

By *Belfast_FellaMan 3 weeks ago

belfast

I do say out loud it but I do find a message that just says it to be really off putting, especially as an opener.

Limerick

"I do say out loud it but I do find a message that just says it to be really off putting, especially as an opener."

Seems to be a nordy thing alright because I've never, ever in my life heard it in person

Limerick

"I got one! just now, 'well, how's you' ... Did we decide on the correct response?

The correct response is 'I's fine' as suggested by Delectable above. I've used it twice today, it was very satisfying

Ireland, the land of poets "

In fairness the second person who said it had read this thread and was taking the p*ss

By *aptain Caveman41Man 3 weeks ago

Home

I'm more of a "how's things' fella

dublin/galway

"I do actually say it

B warned I may even add in 'hun' just to really annoy the posh folk

And I'll respond in my best Limerick accent 'yerrah grand girl, how's she cuttin' "

Lol.i do sometimes miss limerick

» Add a new message to this topic