FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Does this happen often?

Does this happen often?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elle111 OP   Woman 3 weeks ago

NI

So after the recent RVC social I had a message from a profile saying it was great to have met me at the event and that he would leave a veri later. Now I am usually good with names and faces and like an elephant I never forget no matter how many whiskeys have gone down! After a few q&a back and forth it was obvs he wasn’t even at the event, I told him he was lying and to wise up! Does this happen a lot here, it is very creepy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Some eejit just chancing his arm by the sound of it.

By *affa31Woman 3 weeks ago

Galway

It happened at one of my coffee socials, a guy claiming he was there when I know for sure he wasn’t (me and my list )

I guess they do it to try get a veri. It’s very annoying though.

By *SGalwayCoupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Galway

Pure chancer

NI

"It happened at one of my coffee socials, a guy claiming he was there when I know for sure he wasn’t (me and my list )

I guess they do it to try get a veri. It’s very annoying though. "

Especially at my age people would put it down to early onset dementia if it happened again lol. To go to the effort though is mad, he did have veris from some well known people so he didn’t need mine but I just didn’t trust the profile pics either. Anyway eyes opened wider again lol

By *ealitybitesMan 3 weeks ago

Belfast

Five or six years ago on a previous profile I was at an outdoor event with 25 other fabbers.

The next day I got a verification from a man I had never heard of or seen before and who definitely wasn't there the previous day.

I asked around and he had verified at least half a dozen others and none of them had any idea who he was.

We wondered if he had been there but had accidently written the verification from a second profile but there was no way of knowing.

I reported it and got it removed partly because I hadn't a clue about him and also because he verified me as a very sexy lady and he hoped to hook up with me again.

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Was hoping you were tipsy and given its dark in there thought he'd chance his arm.

By *adylaceWoman 3 weeks ago

Waterford City

Happens a lot unfortunately and I have the worst memory so genuinely might forget who I've chatted to. So I only verify people that I genuinely remember.

By *ublinstud_MisstattooCouple 3 weeks ago

City Centre

"So after the recent RVC social I had a message from a profile saying it was great to have met me at the event and that he would leave a veri later. Now I am usually good with names and faces and like an elephant I never forget no matter how many whiskeys have gone down! After a few q&a back and forth it was obvs he wasn’t even at the event, I told him he was lying and to wise up! Does this happen a lot here, it is very creepy. "

Never had this happen to this extent, but I always thought there would be people chancing this with fabbers that might not remember well who as at what event just to get a veri

NI

"

We wondered if he had been there but had accidently written the verification from a second profile but there was no way of knowing.

I reported it and got it removed partly because I hadn't a clue about him and also because he verified me as a very sexy lady and he hoped to hook up with me again. "

Haha Reality you might be a very sexy lady u should try it sometimes.

By *oxyvixen99Woman 3 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

Quite a few times and I've received veries from people I know I haven't met.

By *og-ManMan 3 weeks ago

somewhere

I get messages telling me not to veri them

By *aseylee324Couple 3 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

We got a message from someone saying sorry to have missed us at a recent event (we had briefly displayed a veri), pretty sure he wasn't there so ignored it.

Changing their arm

*chancing

What idiot would veri someone they don't remember meeting....

Galway

"What idiot would veri someone they don't remember meeting...."

Plenty

By *ealitybitesMan 3 weeks ago

Belfast

I verified a couple I had a 20 minute conversation with once at a social and they messaged asking who I had done that as we had never met? They claimed to have no memory of speaking to me and wouldn't be verifying me.

That same day on the chatgroup they told me it was lovely to meet me the night before and thanked me for the verification.

At the same event a woman I said hello to in the hotel hallway verified me as a great kisser and that she enjoyed our time together.

Poor memory, alcohol, overactive imagination or just pure ignorance.

Any number of reasons for dodgy veries.

By *heBlowinsCouple 3 weeks ago

West Cork

We get this a fair bit, not even from meeting in person but simply from (supposedly) chatting once or twice in the past few years.

I (Mr.) have a terrible memory and chat to a lot of folk and make no secret of it.. some guys try and take advantage but if I can't remember them, I treat them as if we never spoke.

Galway

"We get this a fair bit, not even from meeting in person but simply from (supposedly) chatting once or twice in the past few years.

I (Mr.) have a terrible memory and chat to a lot of folk and make no secret of it.. some guys try and take advantage but if I can't remember them, I treat them as if we never spoke."

Oh the guys that start a message with “hi stranger” like we’ve spoken before drive me nuts. I have a site supporter numbnuts, I know we haven’t spoken before

I’m guessing they do it to get a reply…more fool them!

By *tarboy300Man 3 weeks ago

DUB

Chancing his arm for sure

By *heBlowinsCouple 3 weeks ago

West Cork

"We get this a fair bit, not even from meeting in person but simply from (supposedly) chatting once or twice in the past few years.

I (Mr.) have a terrible memory and chat to a lot of folk and make no secret of it.. some guys try and take advantage but if I can't remember them, I treat them as if we never spoke.

Oh the guys that start a message with “hi stranger” like we’ve spoken before drive me nuts. I have a site supporter numbnuts, I know we haven’t spoken before

I’m guessing they do it to get a reply…more fool them!"

Bingo

By *adger BrocMan 3 weeks ago

Co. Cork

I’m guessing they do it to get a reply…more fool them!

Bingo "

Fab bingo!

Now that's an idea.

It might make an interesting numbers game on here.

By *iCuri0Man 3 weeks ago

Shannon

I've had a guy claim to see me on other apps that I'm not on

By *ungry CatCouple 3 weeks ago

Belfast

I know I'm being captain obvious here, but never ever ever trust that kind of claim!!!

If in doubt - always ask the organizer/host weather that person was even on a guest list or not!

By *eth TVTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Mid Meath

"What idiot would veri someone they don't remember meeting...."

To make them seem more popular and likeable and, ironically, trustworthy.

By *og-ManMan 3 weeks ago

somewhere

"What idiot would veri someone they don't remember meeting....

To make them seem more popular and likeable and, ironically, trustworthy."

Never looked at it in full....thats a good point

By *ubadubdubWoman 3 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"So after the recent RVC social I had a message from a profile saying it was great to have met me at the event and that he would leave a veri later. Now I am usually good with names and faces and like an elephant I never forget no matter how many whiskeys have gone down! After a few q&a back and forth it was obvs he wasn’t even at the event, I told him he was lying and to wise up! Does this happen a lot here, it is very creepy. "

I've had that happen. It's quite unsettling so I tend to not dwell on it. My method is simple 'no need for a veri thanks. happy fabbing' and shut it down.

By *ollypop9Woman 3 weeks ago

wouldn't you like to know

I had a guy write a paragraph of a veri about how much he enjoyed chatting with me at a social event and that we are now friends forever etc...

I didn't even speak to him that day.

» Add a new message to this topic