FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Phone Number & Social Media

Phone Number & Social Media

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethmeonfire OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Dublin

Interesting fact here that if you message someone on fab, exchange numbers and save the contact, it will trigger an interesting process.

You might start receiving that person’s facebook or instagram profile as a recommendation.

Anyone else encountered that as it is happening full force on my account.

Obviously, won’t be reaching out on social media

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *electableicecreamMan 3 weeks ago

The West

"Interesting fact here that if you message someone on fab, exchange numbers and save the contact, it will trigger an interesting process.

You might start receiving that person’s facebook or instagram profile as a recommendation.

Obviously, won’t be reaching out on social media "

I imagine that it's only possible if you allow social media accounts access to your contacts?

Dublin

Despite blocking them

Seems like a lot of data sharing happening within Meta

By *panishRebelMan 3 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"Interesting fact here that if you message someone on fab, exchange numbers and save the contact, it will trigger an interesting process.

Obviously, won’t be reaching out on social media "

If you don't want this to happen, change your social media settings.

The West

I'm not sure I underhand you. Meta doesn't have access to your contacts unless you explicitly grant it access.

You can also unlink meta apps so they don't share data but if you've already given access and they were linked in the first place then that horse has left the barn.

By *ealitybitesMan 3 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't have anything linked so I've never had this particular issue but I can't believe how naive some people can be in regard to social media.

In the last few weeks on FB business pages I have read comments from people who post regularly in the forums here.

How do I know who they are? Probably because they have exactly the same profile pic on both platforms.

By *outhDublinMan86Man 3 weeks ago

shankill

I imagine that it's only possible if you allow social media accounts access to your contacts?"

It also works the other way. If you’re in someone else’s phone book and they upload contacts.

It’s kinda scary that apps can ingest contacts like this and there’s no fine grain controls like they do for photos and location (only allow this photo, or general area or use location just this once)

By *r_Insatiable666Man 3 weeks ago

Cork

If you have whatsapp, and you filled in your email, they are connected in meta and that's how that happens. The truth is if you even talk about something, it will appear in your suggestions/ads ect.

The West

I imagine that it's only possible if you allow social media accounts access to your contacts?

It also works the other way. If you’re in someone else’s phone book and they upload contacts.

It’s kinda scary that apps can ingest contacts like this and there’s no fine grain controls like they do for photos and location (only allow this photo, or general area or use location just this once) "

That's a fair point that I hadn't considered.

By *om TangoMan 3 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

It happened me from another site. Exchanged numbers and she messaged a few days later saying she found me on tictok. Worked out for the best. We’re now very good friends and meet up every other weekend.

By *inkanddesireCouple 3 weeks ago

Sth Dublin

Happened to me

By *itenurse69Couple 3 weeks ago

Fermanagh, Monaghan,

Happened to me on telegram, a work college asked me one day was it me on telegram, unfortunately I had my fab name also on telegram

Even though i had rejected to sync my phone contacts.

Dublin

It has gone up for me recently since I have a good few fab friends and their contacts, profile on facebook and instagram is popping left, right and centre.

It is scary though if you had a stalker or pushy person

By *ublinstud_MisstattooCouple 3 weeks ago

City Centre

I imagine that it's only possible if you allow social media accounts access to your contacts?"

Actually noticed that it's not always the case

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 3 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"Happened to me on telegram, a work college asked me one day was it me on telegram, unfortunately I had my fab name also on telegram

Even though i had rejected to sync my phone contacts. "

Ah balls, I thought since I hadn’t synced my contacts I was undiscoverable to normals

» Add a new message to this topic