FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > curvy women

curvy women

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ap Adge OP   Man  over a year ago

Chester

Just reading a article about a. 16 plus size model who is a food blogger too. Should more cury girls be models I think they are all gorgeous. Paul

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yes there should be more plus size models but the media need to use them more....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i believe there is a market for everything. Id personally prefer to see a plus size girl model a plus sized item of clothing.

hate looking for clothes online in bigger sizes and a size 10-12 is wearing it.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"yes there should be more plus size models but the media need to use them more.... "

"i believe there is a market for everything. Id personally prefer to see a plus size girl model a plus sized item of clothing.

hate looking for clothes online in bigger sizes and a size 10-12 is wearing it. "

exactly...just know the clothes aren't gonna look like that on me

Yes I love curvy plus size ladies. They look great and are very easy on the eye.

im divided in my thoughts over if plus size models should be used more..

being a large lass myself it would be handy to see clothes made for bigger women being modeled by plus size ladies,, however its not healthy to be a large size and if it were widely and more openly promoted would it be sending out the message to people that its 'ok' when we all know the health benefits are not?

"im divided in my thoughts over if plus size models should be used more..

being a large lass myself it would be handy to see clothes made for bigger women being modeled by plus size ladies,, however its not healthy to be a large size and if it were widely and more openly promoted would it be sending out the message to people that its 'ok' when we all know the health benefits are not? "

Not healthy to be rake thin either but the media have no qualms using models that look like it. I wish they would use real sized people in an assortment of sizes.

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man  over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

It seems the fashion houses like to see their clothes on coat hangers, and that's why they use models that look like coat hangers.

Not for us we like healthy birds

" its not healthy to be a large size and if it were widely and more openly promoted would it be sending out the message to people that its 'ok' when we all know the health benefits are not? "

I agree with this. This whole Gok Wan-proud-of-your-curves thing promotes the idea to women of all ages that it is ok to be overweight - it will lead to a variety of health problems which is not only a problem for themselves but a huge drain on the NHS too. Of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either.

Healthy models makes sense.

" its not healthy to be a large size and if it were widely and more openly promoted would it be sending out the message to people that its 'ok' when we all know the health benefits are not?

I agree with this. This whole Gok Wan-proud-of-your-curves thing promotes the idea to women of all ages that it is ok to be overweight - it will lead to a variety of health problems which is not only a problem for themselves but a huge drain on the NHS too. Of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either.

Healthy models makes sense. "

" its not healthy to be a large size and if it were widely and more openly promoted would it be sending out the message to people that its 'ok' when we all know the health benefits are not?

I think the whole Gok thing is actually saying that we come in all shapes and sizes, and not all are stick thin. Some people can be fit as a fiddle but naturally carry curves and never be thin.

There is obviously a difference between those who are overweight and do anything about it, and those who try. But whilst trying you should still be able to dress nicely.

"

I think the whole Gok thing is actually saying that we come in all shapes and sizes, and not all are stick thin. Some people can be fit as a fiddle but naturally carry curves and never be thin.

There is obviously a difference between those who are overweight and do anything about it, and those who try. But whilst trying you should still be able to dress nicely. "

I agree with you. It is great that we do come in all shapes and sizes. And I know some people can be curvy AND healthy...I'm never going to be skinny or a 32" or 30" waist.

But the idea that women should be proud to be big girls (i.e. that dreadful Mika song) is a strange one. It is equally as ridiculous for fully grown men to be proud of beer bellies.

"

But the idea that women should be proud to be big girls (i.e. that dreadful Mika song) is a strange one. It is equally as ridiculous for fully grown men to be proud of beer bellies.

"

Personally i'm not proud of who i've become or what i look like, but until i shrink down i have to embrace my excessive curves in the meantime. There are admirers of every size. If we were all the same how tragically boring would this world be x

"

Personally i'm not proud of who i've become or what i look like, but until i shrink down i have to embrace my excessive curves in the meantime. There are admirers of every size. If we were all the same how tragically boring would this world be x"

"yes there should be more plus size models but the media need to use them more.... "

Totally agree

Curvy doesn't only mean larger. Lady is size 6 but still very curvy.

There is so much contradiction about size/shape/health.

Pick any one of the weekly celebrity magazines and on the cover there will be articles about a given celebrity's diet tips or 'bikini body'. And then criticism of another for buckling to pressure and losing weight or being too skinny in the first place.

I find this rather naïve. Do you really believe that the catwalk size 0 models are healthy? Do you think that collar bones and ribs sticking out promotes a good healthy image. There have been many reports of catwalk models existing on a diet of cocaine in order to not put weight on and retain the size 0 that the fashion houses demand. Is that healthy.

I also get sick of all this bigger people being a drain on NHS resources. I take it you've never been inside an eating disorder unit and the cost of inpatient care. Are anorexics a drain on resources?

"Not for us we like healthy birds "

By that comment are you suggesting that slim is always healthy? If so I think that's very offensive, I consider myself (save for a chronic condition) to be healthy. I walk 3 miles a day and eat healthily.

of course im not saying that size zero women arent healthy but the thread was about larger curvy women and plus size 16 models not the other end of the scale.

im a big girl and im fit as a fiddle had all kinds of tests done and was told im fitter than some skinny girls

not one health risk comes with me im glad to say

"im a big girl and im fit as a fiddle had all kinds of tests done and was told im fitter than some skinny girls

not one health risk comes with me im glad to say"

yet

By *hocolateRodMan  over a year ago

London and over UK

yes - i read that article as well - that model is gorgeous

have tucked away a mental pic of her for future reference!

s

I could look at Holly Willoughby all day, and she ain't no stick insect

"im a big girl and im fit as a fiddle had all kinds of tests done and was told im fitter than some skinny girls

yet "

That's a little harsh. Maybe her genes means she will stay healthy

yet "

yep, thought that at 32 as well. Now have a few problems, the obvious one being diabetes. Don't count your chickens just yet.....

yet

That's a little harsh. Maybe her genes means she will stay healthy"

true she might be, but you cant deny the risks are there just by being significantly over weight.

ah well no matter wat size we are risks are everywere so dont matter if im fat or skinny but deffo happy in my body and by god id change for no one lol

yet

true she might be, but you cant deny the risks are there just by being significantly over weight. "

To some people yes, but to others they can go all their life with no issues.

not one health risk comes with me im glad to say"

I have been overweight most of my adult life and have always been deemed healthy, same as yourself all routine tests showed I was healthy, then I developed two illnesses which are directly affected by my weight and are improving as I lose weight

It takes many years for the true effects of an unhealthy lifestyle (overeating is an unhealthy lifestyle) to show itself.

Now wheres the scones, cream and jam?

yet

true she might be, but you cant deny the risks are there just by being significantly over weight. "

i agree with u all but it still dont matter.... and the fact of the point is shud be more bbw models

I have been overweight most of my adult life and have always been deemed healthy, same as yourself all routine tests showed I was healthy, then I developed two illnesses which are directly affected by my weight and are improving as I lose weight

It takes many years for the true effects of an unhealthy lifestyle (overeating is an unhealthy lifestyle) to show itself.

Now wheres the scones, cream and jam? "

clotted cream? lol

yet

true she might be, but you cant deny the risks are there just by being significantly over weight.

To some people yes, but to others they can go all their life with no issues. "

i find it funny that your trying to justify that being overweight is healthy and acceptable..

yet

i find it funny that your trying to justify that being overweight is healthy and acceptable.. "

im not im saying im happy this way and u shud be on my side,, arent u not overweight?

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

BBWs aren't for me but each to their own. I prefer the slimmer lady. Being obese is not healthy in many ways but as long S people are happy with themselves what the hell.

Steve

yet

i find it funny that your trying to justify that being overweight is healthy and acceptable.. im not im saying im happy this way and u shud be on my side,, arent u not overweight?"

correct i am, i was referring to letsbehavingyou.

thats a fair point form all u bbw haters lol but we are on about modeling bigger clothes not about the skinny lovers

jeez u all love a good rant

yet

i find it funny that your trying to justify that being overweight is healthy and acceptable.. "

I'm not saying its acceptable, what I'm saying is that so much is put on weight and size, but not always looking at other factors.

If someone eats junk food everyday and is overweight and ill, then I have no sympathy. If. On the otherhand somepne leads a healthy lifestyle, but is deemed overweight just because that's how their body is, is another issue.

I'm overweight, I don't always eat well, but I partake in sport and physical activities every week. My blood pressure is better than most on my team. I am able to run long distances. To society who don't know me I'm labelled very unhealthy, to those who know me, I'm not. Based on bmi is should be 12 stone tops. My doctor has said it would pretty much kill me to get there, so who do I listen to? That is my argument.

By *ell you laterWoman  over a year ago

NEWCASTLE

I was a 26 last summer an understand how hard it can be getting clothes i hated shopping for clothes now I'm a 12 losing just over 12 stone shopping is so much quicker

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I was a 26 last summer an understand how hard it can be getting clothes i hated shopping for clothes now I'm a 12 losing just over 12 stone shopping is so much quicker "

wow, well done.

what an achievement

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"i believe there is a market for everything. Id personally prefer to see a plus size girl model a plus sized item of clothing.

hate looking for clothes online in bigger sizes and a size 10-12 is wearing it. "

This Morning is a case in point.. they have either stick thin models or when potraying larger sizes the model is a 16 size 6' model which totally defeats the message. I want to see normal average people model clothing.

NEWCASTLE

Its changed my life so much

"I was a 26 last summer an understand how hard it can be getting clothes i hated shopping for clothes now I'm a 12 losing just over 12 stone shopping is so much quicker "
well wats ur tip for lossing so much weight without the aid od surgery

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"It seems the fashion houses like to see their clothes on coat hangers, and that's why they use models that look like coat hangers.

"

you will find that a lot of designers are gay and design there clothe to fit pi-pubescent boys hence the skinny models

not the women who will actually wear them

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It seems the fashion houses like to see their clothes on coat hangers, and that's why they use models that look like coat hangers.

you will find that a lot of designers are gay and design there clothe to fit pi-pubescent boys hence the skinny models

not the women who will actually wear them "

why do they do that?

"I was a 26 last summer an understand how hard it can be getting clothes i hated shopping for clothes now I'm a 12 losing just over 12 stone shopping is so much quicker well wats ur tip for lossing so much weight without the aid od surgery"

yep, share the secret...well done you!!

NEWCASTLE

I had the op an never looked back i even had a. meet the night i got out of hospital lol

"I had the op an never looked back i even had a. meet the night i got out of hospital lol "
ah but we all cant get an op to cure out obesity so ill just have to get my self walking more lol

NEWCASTLE

I was in really good heath till i was put on some tablets an my weight just went crazy since losing all the weight iv not long had a full bust reconstruction as i had nothing left lol from a b cup to a nice dd

I find this rather naïve. Do you really believe that the catwalk size 0 models are healthy? Do you think that collar bones and ribs sticking out promotes a good healthy image. There have been many reports of catwalk models existing on a diet of cocaine in order to not put weight on and retain the size 0 that the fashion houses demand. Is that healthy.

I also get sick of all this bigger people being a drain on NHS resources. I take it you've never been inside an eating disorder unit and the cost of inpatient care. Are anorexics a drain on resources?"

I think you'll find I said "Of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either." Please read my comment before calling me naive. And overweight people are a drain on the NHS - the super-obese in this country cost the government £450 million a year.

Plus size models are hardly promoting healthy living and neither are stick thin models.

[Removed by poster at 30/06/12 19:08:36]

not the women who will actually wear them "

ridiculous. While I'd love designers to provide more clothes for bigger sizes, the fact that they're gay has nothing to do with this. Especially when you look at most of the dresses, which are very womanly.

It's Pride day, so don't make me come after you lol

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I'm classed as obese. My doctor says I should weigh in at 9st. I think I look ill at that weight.

I currently am 12 stone, after losing a stone by exercising. That isn't good enough for my doctor. I am still unhealthy. Until I told him I am currently running 6k in 30 minutes, that shut him up!!!

And overweight people are a drain on the NHS - the super-obese in this country cost the government £450 million a year.

Sadly a lot of self induced illnesses are a drain on the NHS

NEWCASTLE

[Removed by poster at 30/06/12 19:11:17]

This type of thread not only gets my blood boiling but it also makes me feel really uncomfortable and I think some people need to think about what they're saying and that people typing things aren't just avatars with names.

*Ruby steps off her soap box and thinks about opening a bottle of wine!*

ah ffs, once again, the big ladies are getting offended by the big people haters and the drama starts all over again.

I don't see why some feel they have to justify their size to complete strangers from the internet.

"I'm classed as obese. My doctor says I should weigh in at 9st. I think I look ill at that weight.

I currently am 12 stone, after losing a stone by exercising. That isn't good enough for my doctor. I am still unhealthy. Until I told him I am currently running 6k in 30 minutes, that shut him up!!! "

That's my argument.

I have noticed in threads like this they always go off on a different thread, the facts are too skinny is unhealthy too big is unhealthy, what people call plus size models size 14/16 is probably what is most healthy dependent on height,

I also get sick of all this bigger people being a drain on NHS resources. I take it you've never been inside an eating disorder unit and the cost of inpatient care. Are anorexics a drain on resources?"

You don't seem to have read that post thoroughly. Their last sentence was "of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either".

Fat people ARE a drain on the NHS and 98% of them are fat because they are gluttonous and lazy. This is NOT something to be proud of especially when there are millions if not billions of people in the world who don't have anything like enough to eat.

I also get sick of all this bigger people being a drain on NHS resources. I take it you've never been inside an eating disorder unit and the cost of inpatient care. Are anorexics a drain on resources?

I think you'll find I said "Of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either." Please read my comment before calling me naive. And overweight people are a drain on the NHS - the super-obese in this country cost the government £450 million a year.

"

As do drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers and people with carelessness catching stds. All causes a drain on our nhs.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and smokers are

and drinkers are

and multiple sexual swoppers are

and sports players are

and fast drivers are

"

As do drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers and people with carelessness catching stds. All causes a drain on our nhs. "

I quite agree - absolutely. I think I should take back the word drain. It does seem overly judgemental. I entirely understand people cannot always help these problems and the NHS should be there to help them. But surely if, as a society, we can be healthier it can be no bad thing?

You don't seem to have read that post thoroughly. Their last sentence was "of course we should not promote extreme skinniness either".

Fat people ARE a drain on the NHS and 98% of them are fat because they are gluttonous and lazy. This is NOT something to be proud of especially when there are millions if not billions of people in the world who don't have anything like enough to eat.

"

People starving is not down to people being obese. That is an outrageous thing to say! They are starving due to politics, corruption and weather conditions. If I eat less that food wont go to a starving person in Africa. If I pay plan international montly then I help someone in Africa.

Your _iews are warped.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

my brother in law is a Orthopedic surgeon and he laughs at the drain on the NHS.... he is adamant it is the casual drinkers

they get pissed, fall break their legs, arms

they are so pissed they cant operate till the next day, they come round from the surgery and the first words out of their mouth are: 'do I get to claim as I think the pavement was faulty'

"and smokers are

and drinkers are

and sports players are

and fast drivers are

"

..... that's me totally fekked then.

"and smokers are

and drinkers are

and sports players are

and fast drivers are

..... that's me totally fekked then. "

Me too!!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

yes there should be how many times do you flick thro a website or catalogue and see plus size clothing 14/32 always being modeld by the size 14 model come on desingers give the bigger girl a clue as to what the outfit will look like on a size 20 and over girl

why has a thread about a gorgeous curvy size 16 model turned into a bash the overweight for being a drain on the nhs thread?

I used to weigh over 30 stone, my bmi was 72 and was a size 32, I never had any weight related illness. I've lost over 18 stone and now size 14/16 with a bmi of 29. I agree that we should see clothes on all sizes.

"

My comment on naivety was in relation to the drain on NHS resorces comment. It is not true that the reason the NHS suffers financially is down to fat people becoming ill.

When you call fat people glutinous and lazy and not something to be proud of, then I ask you if you are aware of the billions it costs to treat smoking related illnesses. Self induced habit forming smoking of nicotine is nothing to be proud of wither is it?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I love being curvy.. granted I could loose some weight as diabetis is common in my family so hence why I am doing weight watchers but I only want to get down to a size 16... I quite like my boobs and when I loose weight they are the first things to go

"My comment on naivety was in relation to the drain on NHS resorces comment. It is not true that the reason the NHS suffers financially is down to fat people becoming ill.

When you call fat people glutinous and lazy and not something to be proud of, then I ask you if you are aware of the billions it costs to treat smoking related illnesses. Self induced habit forming smoking of nicotine is nothing to be proud of wither is it? "

But if there were less overweight people then there would be more funds available surely?

And I agree with your point on smoking too. And drinking. But I don't do either.

And I wouldn't call fat people gluttonous or lazy. That was uncalled for and shows a lack of understanding surrounding weight-based health issues

"why has a thread about a gorgeous curvy size 16 model turned into a bash the overweight for being a drain on the nhs thread?

I used to weigh over 30 stone, my bmi was 72 and was a size 32, I never had any weight related illness. I've lost over 18 stone and now size 14/16 with a bmi of 29. I agree that we should see clothes on all sizes."

And she's a sexy lady.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

To be honest it doesnt matter if a model is a plus size, my favourite was sophie dahl when she was a plus size model.

"plus size models are usually about a size 14 and six foot tall.

No model whether large or small is a true representation of mrs average

People starving is not down to people being obese. That is an outrageous thing to say! They are starving due to politics, corruption and weather conditions. If I eat less that food wont go to a starving person in Africa. If I pay plan international montly then I help someone in Africa.

Your _iews are warped. "

I understood what Sexyslut79 was saying, maybe look at the comment the other way round?

"My comment on naivety was in relation to the drain on NHS resorces comment. It is not true that the reason the NHS suffers financially is down to fat people becoming ill.

When you call fat people glutinous and lazy and not something to be proud of, then I ask you if you are aware of the billions it costs to treat smoking related illnesses. Self induced habit forming smoking of nicotine is nothing to be proud of wither is it?

But if there were less overweight people then there would be more funds available surely?

And I agree with your point on smoking too. And drinking. But I don't do either.

And I wouldn't call fat people gluttonous or lazy. That was uncalled for and shows a lack of understanding surrounding weight-based health issues"

But she did say 98% were gluttonous or lazy therefore not all are

By *hocolateRodMan  over a year ago

London and over UK

on a more frutiful topic - the curvy lady's name is robyn lawley - and i think she looks very sexy indeed

» Add a new message to this topic