FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Susan Boyle

Susan Boyle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who remembers that day when they saw Susan Boyle and I bet a lot of people out there started laughing but the way that she came out on stage and then when that voice came out of her mouth absolutely fantastic nobody gave her a chance but when she sang it was beautiful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Who remembers that day when they saw Susan Boyle and I bet a lot of people out there started laughing but the way that she came out on stage and then when that voice came out of her mouth absolutely fantastic nobody gave her a chance but when she sang it was beautiful "

Was laughing more at Simon's reaction if you each him closely he mouths something lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me new about her well before she went famous she only lives about a mile and hafe from me

She was regular know for geting up and singing at karaoke nights in the local pubs around the area

I think she showed “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”

Yes I do, vividly, I was watching Bargain Hunt on the other side and the blue team were just pipped to the post, it was truly nail biting stuff.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't assess people's musical ability based on their looks, so I didn't laugh.

Susan Boyle is OK as a singer but she's nothing special. We know personally many people can sing as well as her and get no recognition. Her stardom is a lot more to do with the Simon Cowell media machine than her musical ability. She was in the right place at the right time.

I don't mean this to begrudge her success. I'd do the same thing in her shoes. I'm just saying success is not entirely representative of talent.

"I don't assess people's musical ability based on their looks, so I didn't laugh.

Susan Boyle is OK as a singer but she's nothing special. We know personally many people can sing as well as her and get no recognition. Her stardom is a lot more to do with the Simon Cowell media machine than her musical ability. She was in the right place at the right time.

I don't mean this to begrudge her success. I'd do the same thing in her shoes. I'm just saying success is not entirely representative of talent. "

In her case though it was’nt because of her looks but because of her talent.if she was just an ok singer then she would’nt be as successful as she has been to date

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"Yes I do, vividly, I was watching Bargain Hunt on the other side and the blue team were just pipped to the post, it was truly nail biting stuff. "

Oh I remember that, it was the spoon that won it for the reds right, Katherine Southon if I recall, what an episode that was

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I think that is a prime example of people judging before they know all facts.

"Yes I do, vividly, I was watching Bargain Hunt on the other side and the blue team were just pipped to the post, it was truly nail biting stuff.

Oh I remember that, it was the spoon that won it for the reds right, Katherine Southon if I recall, what an episode that was"

Emotional scenes

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"I think she showed “don’t judge a book by it’s cover” "

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"Yes I do, vividly, I was watching Bargain Hunt on the other side and the blue team were just pipped to the post, it was truly nail biting stuff.

Oh I remember that, it was the spoon that won it for the reds right, Katherine Southon if I recall, what an episode that was

Emotional scenes "

The "reacts to" vids on YouTube for that episode is something else

By *etnetWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Oh her voice was just amazing! Wonder what she’s up to these days

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"I don't assess people's musical ability based on their looks, so I didn't laugh.

I don't mean this to begrudge her success. I'd do the same thing in her shoes. I'm just saying success is not entirely representative of talent.

In her case though it was’nt because of her looks but because of her talent.if she was just an ok singer then she would’nt be as successful as she has been to date"

I disagree totally. Somebody average can be very successful if marketed in the right way. There are many singers who are far better than Susan Boyle who don't have her success because they haven't had the Simon Cowell publicity machine thrown at them.

Look at Jedward for example. They are literally terrible. I saw them on TV performing at some music festival. They were complete amateurs. I was embarrassed watching them. Their success is a triumph of marketing over ability.

I'm not saying for a moment Susan Boyle is bad like they are. I'm just saying marketing and publicity can give somebody's career a boost that makes great talent unnecessary. She's not a great singer. She's maybe a bit above average. But publicity and marketing has made her her popular. The whole Simon Cowell thing is about making him money, not finding the best in their field.

» Add a new message to this topic