FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No milk please were vegan

No milk please were vegan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Vegan activists blocking a dairy farm thingy somewhere in the U.K.

About time us meat eaters blocked a few vegans..

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are unhappy apparently about the amount of Methane gas produced by the farting cows . .

So what do we do, cull all of the cows and cattle?

Fareham

When will they block the avocado plantations we ask?

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

If you fully understood the issues around dairy farming with regards to environmental destruction and animal cruelty, your comments would be so flippant.

By *onzo888100Man  over a year ago

Bangor

"So what do we do, cull all of the cows and cattle?"

Cull the vegans!

Fareham

"If you fully understood the issues around dairy farming with regards to environmental destruction and animal cruelty, your comments would be so flippant."

I’ll be as flippant as I darn well choose. Milk is excellent food for children. Who needs avo frickn cado?

Climate change is bought on by deforestation and transport of fruit and veg too.

"So what do we do, cull all of the cows and cattle?

Cull the vegans! "

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"They are unhappy apparently about the amount of Methane gas produced by the farting cows . .

"

I produce a lot of that. Do they want to ban me too?

"If you fully understood the issues around dairy farming with regards to environmental destruction and animal cruelty, your comments would be so flippant.

I’ll be as flippant as I darn well choose. Milk is excellent food for children. Who needs avo frickn cado?

Climate change is bought on by deforestation and transport of fruit and veg too."

Babies can be fed from their mothers until they are two or longer so cows milk is not really needed. Also, not everyone is vegan/dairy free through choice.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

If they are breaking the law then I hope that they’ll be prosecuted accordingly. If they are found guilty, then the dairy farm should then sue for lost earnings and any damages.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"If they are breaking the law then I hope that they’ll be prosecuted accordingly. If they are found guilty, then the dairy farm should then sue for lost earnings and any damages."

Preach. Absolutely.

Vegan swingers, now there's an oximoron...

You wouldn't dare say "milk my balls" for fear of upsetting the mood and sparking a debate...

Do vegans swallow sperm?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"They are unhappy apparently about the amount of Methane gas produced by the farting cows . .

I produce a lot of that. Do they want to ban me too? "

Yes! You are on Greta Thurnberg’s hit list.

Apparently, potato milk is now a thing

"Apparently, potato milk is now a thing "

Potato, pea, soya, nut.. The choice is amazing

Let the baby calves drink their mothers milk

"Apparently, potato milk is now a thing

Let the baby calves drink their mothers milk "

Yes. Love oat milk also.

Ampthill

"Milk is excellent food for children. Who needs avo frickn cado?"

Milk is an excellent food for children… of cows! We as humans don’t need cows milk. Modern agriculture is destroying vast quantities of forest at ion to clear land to grow crops to feed cattle to be used for beef and dairy… which we don’t need. The planet is at the tipping point of no return…

Yes, some avocado production isn’t ethical, and is challenged and rightly so. But it can be ethically produced.

Yes. Love oat milk also. "

Oh yeah, oat - the most environmentally friendly!

Ampthill

"Cull the vegans! "

No need… if we as a species don’t change our ways and fast, we’re culling everyone!

Do vegans use things like bleach or sprays to actively kill 99% of germs?

If they do are germs not living organisms and therefore shouldn't be killed?

Not wanting to make light of anyone's life choices but Mr A was question this yesterday when he noticed the kitchen wipes were ok for use by vegans.

"Do vegans use things like bleach or sprays to actively kill 99% of germs?

Not wanting to make light of anyone's life choices but Mr A was question this yesterday when he noticed the kitchen wipes were ok for use by vegans."

i guess cleaning products probably still have nasty chemicals in them, but in your example the wipes won't contain any animal products

To your second point.. There clearly are lots of people, vegan +non-vegan who try not to cause harm to waterways etc and will try to use non-harmful chemical products.. I guess with all things it requires a level of consciousness, combined with desire and an understanding of impact(s)

Gloucestershire

Yes! You are on Greta Thurnberg’s hit list."

Could be worse. I could be on her hot list

I produce a lot of that. Do they want to ban me too? "

Me too, they should have been at my house at the weekend after I ate turkey x

"If you fully understood the issues around dairy farming with regards to environmental destruction and animal cruelty, your comments would be so flippant."

I wasn't being flippant, the news article states they are unhappy with the methane gas produced.

We are talking here about an illegal protest. It's not a thread about animal cruelty.

Gloucestershire

Me too, they should have been at my house at the weekend after I ate turkey x"

Did you have sprouts too?

Ampthill

"I wasn't being flippant, the news article states they are unhappy with the methane gas produced.

We are talking here about an illegal protest. It's not a thread about animal cruelty."

Funny how we all sat back and allowed the government to reduce our rights to protest…

The particular protest is concerned with the environmental impact of dairy production, not just the methane produced by cattle.

By *attsixty6Man  over a year ago

Amlwch

Not wanting to make light of anyone's life choices but Mr A was question this yesterday when he noticed the kitchen wipes were ok for use by vegans."

You've got to laugh

Amlwch

"If you fully understood the issues around dairy farming with regards to environmental destruction and animal cruelty, your comments would be so flippant.

Climate change is bought on by deforestation and transport of fruit and veg too."

You don't "need" cows' milk, unless someone can offer evidence to the contrary and we're the only species that drinks milk as adults.

Fareham

Climate change is bought on by deforestation and transport of fruit and veg too.

You don't "need" cows' milk, unless someone can offer evidence to the contrary and we're the only species that drinks milk as adults.

"

Straw man. I never said need.

Ampthill

"

About time us meat eaters blocked a few vegans.."

Ive saved you a job.

Amlwch

Straw man. I never said need."

Please point out where I said you did.

You did write

"Who needs avo frickn cado"? To which I countered

"You don't "need" cows' milk" if that's too difficult a concept, fair enough.

Fareham

You did write

"You don't "need" cows' milk" if that's too difficult a concept, fair enough. "

You stressed need. It’s a straw man tactic in argument.

Wow. Just...wow. This may be a joke, but there are undoubtedly people who genuinely think this. Makes me sad

"

Ive saved you a job."

Amlwch

You did write

"You don't "need" cows' milk" if that's too difficult a concept, fair enough.

You stressed need. It’s a straw man tactic in argument. "

You clearly don't understand what strawman actually means, well you probably do but are now deflecting because you missed the pisstake from your "Who needs avo frickn cado" comment, don't worry, I'm sure no one noticed.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Vegan activists blocking a dairy farm thingy somewhere in the U.K.

Those women are blocking the road again. It's about time us men blocked a few women.

Those non whites are blocking the road again. It's about time us whites blocked a few non whites.

Those Jews are blocking the road again. It's about time us Nazis blocked a few Jews.

Those Christians are blocking the road again. It's about time us non Christians blocked a few Christians.

Those working classes are blocking the road again. It's about time us Factory Owners blocked a few workers.

Those homeless are blocking the road again ..........

By the time the ignorant people learn what the blockades are for - it will be too late for them and their families.

Vegans are not just animal mad crazies..... they have a view of the future.....

Those earthlings are blocking the way again ....... it's about time we non earthlings roasted a few more earthlings...

A close friend of mine lives on a farm as her husband works on the farm.

It's mainly crops but they do have small beef and Lamb herds.

The farmer and his family have had death threats!

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"

It's actually from cows burping not farting

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

Let the baby calves drink their mothers milk "

If we were not going milk cows would be no cows and no calves.calves are fed on mothers milk how else would tjey survive and yes i am a dairy farmer and i happy show anyone round my farm explain how it works etc

Plus how many air miles etc how bigger carbon foot print for your nut milk. We on target to be carbon neutral

If we were not going milk cows would be no cows and no calves.calves are fed on mothers milk how else would tjey survive and yes i am a dairy farmer and i happy show anyone round my farm explain how it works etc

Plus how many air miles etc how bigger carbon foot print for your nut milk. We on target to be carbon neutral "

Exactly this.

People don't seem to understand we don't have wild cows. If we don't eat them and don't milk them there would be no cows.

King's Crustacean

Plus how many air miles etc how bigger carbon foot print for your nut milk. We on target to be carbon neutral

Exactly this.

People don't seem to understand we don't have wild cows. If we don't eat them and don't milk them there would be no cows. "

Do you see that as a good thing or not ?

Exactly this.

People don't seem to understand we don't have wild cows. If we don't eat them and don't milk them there would be no cows.

Do you see that as a good thing or not ?"

I dont see is as either. If people want to eat milk and consume dairy products let them, If people dont want to do that, let them. There are health pros and cons for both types of diets as well as environmental ones.

walsall

There’s a difference between need and want. I want cows milk because it tastes much better than the alternative.

Ampthill

"If people want to eat milk and consume dairy products let them, If people dont want to do that, let them."

Regardless of cost and consequences?

"If people want to eat milk and consume dairy products let them, If people dont want to do that, let them.

Regardless of cost and consequences?"

There is cost and consequences to having a full plant based diet to so yes.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Animal cruelty of any has no place in farming

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

People don't seem to understand we don't have wild cows. If we don't eat them and don't milk them there would be no cows. "

Where do you think cows came from? Made in a lab?

Humans took them out of 'the wild'.

Many types of cow could go back into the wild and live.

"

Many types of cow could go back into the wild and live. "

And where is this wild that you speak of? If everybody turned vegan we would need the land to farm crops.

"

And where is this wild that you speak of? If everybody turned vegan we would need the land to farm crops.

"

Ermmm, we do grow crops to feed animals then eat the animals or their products. Veganism or vegetarianism would see a net gain in land, regardless of other arguments for or against.

"

Ermmm, we do grow crops to feed animals then eat the animals or their products. Veganism or vegetarianism would see a net gain in land, regardless of other arguments for or against."

So where exactly are all the animals that we no longer farm going to go?

King's Crustacean

"If people want to eat milk and consume dairy products let them, If people dont want to do that, let them.

There is cost and consequences to having a full plant based diet to so yes. "

What are the consequences ?

"

"

Oh.. We would grow LESS crops globally and use less resources to feed the same population (because we wouldn't need to grow plants to feed the animals, that are then slaughtered to feed humans... Does it make sense?) (back to the rainforest that is being cleared to support animal farming)

There is cost and consequences to having a full plant based diet to so yes.

What are the consequences ? "

Well firstly totally healthy animals that could not be returned to the wild would be slaughtered absolutely no purpose.

Secondly we don't have enough people currently to pick harvests so there will be a shortage of labour.

"

Oh.. We would grow LESS crops globally and use less resources to feed the same population (because we wouldn't need to grow plants to feed the animals, that are then slaughtered to feed humans... Does it make sense?) (back to the rainforest that is being cleared to support animal farming) "

Where is your nearest rainforest fir all the farm animals to return to?

Plus how many air miles etc how bigger carbon foot print for your nut milk. We on target to be carbon neutral "

Well environmentally it would definitely be better if we consumed oat milk unless we had naturally occurring nuts in region! Did you see the BBC milk environment impact comparison , i thought it was really interesting (even nut is better than dairy, but you are right that transportation costs should be factored for all of the supply chains) : https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/vegan-diet-better-environment

Amlwch

Blimey feral cows

All that would happen is herds would reduce in size to meet the demand, it's simple economics.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I wonder if they have stopped eating fruit and veg that has to be transported across the continents.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Milk is made for baby animals to drink, it’s not for us to consume, we made our own problems with intolerances to all types of food really. We have created the problem of farming animals that aren’t indigenous to our country, even chickens were imported.

It’s like everything we all think it’s great until it’s not

"

Oh.. We would grow LESS crops globally and use less resources to feed the same population (because we wouldn't need to grow plants to feed the animals, that are then slaughtered to feed humans... Does it make sense?) (back to the rainforest that is being cleared to support animal farming)

Where is your nearest rainforest fir all the farm animals to return to?

"

I believe the current 'crop' would be consumed pretty quickly.. So you just wouldn't breed new animals, because you wouldn't need them for the food chain.. Maybe that's what the zoos of the future will contain .... Farm animals!!

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Exactly this.

Which would be better for the cows!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It is a complex ethical question for which there is no right answer. But if you are in the company of vegetarian or vegan folk for dinner, it's easier to be polite and eat the same food than it is to be obnoxious and demand bacon. Also, you can sometimes discover some delicious new recipes.

"

Ermmm, we do grow crops to feed animals then eat the animals or their products. Veganism or vegetarianism would see a net gain in land, regardless of other arguments for or against.

So where exactly are all the animals that we no longer farm going to go?

"

Presumably there would be a reduction in breeding programmes over time, so fewer cattle would be bred and born. Over time, numbers could reduce without any cattle being 'put down' or rehomed. The whole world won't go vegan overnight, no matter how right or wrong it is.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

You shouldn't drink that stuff anyway.... it's not in sync with evolution..

"It is a complex ethical question for which there is no right answer. But if you are in the company of vegetarian or vegan folk for dinner, it's easier to be polite and eat the same food than it is to be obnoxious and demand bacon. Also, you can sometimes discover some delicious new recipes."

You would eat like a queen if you came to visit me

Regardless of cost and consequences?"

yes

Regardless of cost and consequences?yes "

What about the cost to the NHS?? Should i (vegan) subsidise your* (non-vegan) poor choices?? Ooo its a really interesting debate

** not you persay, just general population musing

Ampthill

"Well firstly totally healthy animals that could not be returned to the wild would be slaughtered absolutely no purpose. Secondly we don't have enough people currently to pick harvests so there will be a shortage of labour."

In the intensive industrialised agriculture used globally, few if any animals bread naturally. Its all artificial insemination. We don’t wander the plains hunting, they are bread, raised and slaughtered in captivity. If we aren’t exploiting them, we don’t create them.

A lack of people to harvest crops is the weakest argument ever against veganism.

Regardless of cost and consequences?yes

What about the cost to the NHS?? Should i (vegan) subsidise your* (non-vegan) poor choices?? Ooo its a really interesting debate

** not you persay, just general population musing"

There is absolutely no evidence that you are healthier just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!

King's Crustacean

I don't care who drinks milk.

I do care who keeps cows permanently pregnant so that they will produce milk (done by artificial insemination - no sex or bull required ) and takes away their young right in front of them and then gets them pregnant again.

And holds them still in cage like constructions to milk and allow young to feed and kills them when they can no longer give birth or milk.

Cows are born into a life of servitude. Anyone who thinks it's rosy down on the farm - doesn't think.

Substitute cow for woman.

A bit like women in Gilead.

Fuck them. Birth them. Let them feed the baby. Kill them.

"Well firstly totally healthy animals that could not be returned to the wild would be slaughtered absolutely no purpose. Secondly we don't have enough people currently to pick harvests so there will be a shortage of labour.

In the intensive industrialised agriculture used globally, few if any animals bread naturally. Its all artificial insemination. We don’t wander the plains hunting, they are bread, raised and slaughtered in captivity. If we aren’t exploiting them, we don’t create them.

A lack of people to harvest crops is the weakest argument ever against veganism. "

Who who's going to harvest the crops then tell me how that is a poor argument?

ashford

"It is a complex ethical question for which there is no right answer. But if you are in the company of vegetarian or vegan folk for dinner, it's easier to be polite and eat the same food than it is to be obnoxious and demand bacon. Also, you can sometimes discover some delicious new recipes."

I'm veggie but still cook meat for meat eaters this eve I'm making roast gammon I shall have the veg just omit the meat doing cauliflower cheese roast and mash cabbage carrots broccoli and yorkies x

There is absolutely no evidence that you are healthier just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!"

Oh but there is definitely evidence wait are you teasing me?

Unless you mean people eating 'junk' food and rubbish in general (the 'C' diet - cridps, chips, chocolate?), in which case i wholeheartedly agree

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

There is absolutely no evidence that you are healthier just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!"

We were gatherers before we became hunters, we ate grass, herbs, root veg, nuts and seeds, the occasional bit of shellfish, it’s basically the best diet you can have

There is absolutely no evidence that you are healthier just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!

Oh but there is definitely evidence wait are you teasing me?

Unless you mean people eating 'junk' food and rubbish in general (the 'C' diet - cridps, chips, chocolate?), in which case i wholeheartedly agree

"

I'm not teasing you, I think you are deliberately trying to be controversial and say that people who eat meat are making a poor choice and you are subsidising them through the NHS.

You can choose not to eat meat you cannot tell me that I am costing the NHS simply because I choose to eat meat.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I grew up on a dairy and lamb farm. Our small heard was looked after and treated well. They came into the milking parlour on their own accord with my pet pony in with them.

Do I think we're breeding cows to produce too much milk these days? Yes. So I think we should go back to a more sustainable way of farming also yes. But people want their cheap milk so supermarkets push farmers to the max. In my opinion it should be the supermarkets these people should be protesting towards and pay a fair price for milk, eggs and everything else. There's a reason why suicide is one of biggest killers in agriculture, I don't like this added stress on farmers who have no control. It's the supermarkets that cause much of this misery.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"It is a complex ethical question for which there is no right answer. But if you are in the company of vegetarian or vegan folk for dinner, it's easier to be polite and eat the same food than it is to be obnoxious and demand bacon. Also, you can sometimes discover some delicious new recipes.

You would eat like a queen if you came to visit me "

Oo, what do queens eat? I've always wondered if the ambassador really has ferrero rocher, I bet that they have much better stuff that us plebs have never even heard of

Also, that does sound lovely!

"I grew up on a dairy and lamb farm. Our small heard was looked after and treated well. They came into the milking parlour on their own accord with my pet pony in with them.

Do I think we're breeding cows to produce too much milk these days? Yes. So I think we should go back to a more sustainable way of farming also yes. But people want their cheap milk so supermarkets push farmers to the max. In my opinion it should be the supermarkets these people should be protesting towards and pay a fair price for milk, eggs and everything else. There's a reason why suicide is one of biggest killers in agriculture, I don't like this added stress on farmers who have no control. It's the supermarkets that cause much of this misery. "

Morrisons I think it was actually tried that and had 2 different types of milk. One that was cheap and from high intensely farmers and 1 that was more expensive but more sustainable and less intensive but they stopped doing it because people didn't buy the more expensive milk.

King's Crustacean

I tried to put a link for Dominion on youtube but google wanted me to register and give my personal details so I wouldn't watch it or get the link.

I've seen it before though and it does discredit things for me such as the laughable notion of 'free range' ..... and 'humane' treatment.

If you can't stomach Dominion please do look up Earthling Ed on youtube or his own website or TED for his ted talks.

His answers to the 10 most asked Q's is enough for someone with mild interest

Enjoy and learn.

La la land

"I grew up on a dairy and lamb farm. Our small heard was looked after and treated well. They came into the milking parlour on their own accord with my pet pony in with them.

Do I think we're breeding cows to produce too much milk these days? Yes. So I think we should go back to a more sustainable way of farming also yes. But people want their cheap milk so supermarkets push farmers to the max. In my opinion it should be the supermarkets these people should be protesting towards and pay a fair price for milk, eggs and everything else. There's a reason why suicide is one of biggest killers in agriculture, I don't like this added stress on farmers who have no control. It's the supermarkets that cause much of this misery.

Morrisons I think it was actually tried that and had 2 different types of milk. One that was cheap and from high intensely farmers and 1 that was more expensive but more sustainable and less intensive but they stopped doing it because people didn't buy the more expensive milk."

That's the thing, public demands low priced food, supermarkets give them it. So the whole farming industry suffers. I've seen a lot of noise about how badly dairy cows are treated. But the farms I go on the ladies are waiting by the gates waiting to come off the fields to milk. These are however, small scale Welsh farms. Ours tend to be tiny to our English equivalents.

By *iltopbearMan  over a year ago

Norfolk

Why don't we all go back to foraging, gathering and hunting?

Supermarkets have made life way too easy for us.

Are some of you forgetting exactly why farming was taken up? To feed an ever increasing population.

Stop breeding more mouths to feed maybe?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Not wanting to make light of anyone's life choices but Mr A was question this yesterday when he noticed the kitchen wipes were ok for use by vegans.

i guess cleaning products probably still have nasty chemicals in them, but in your example the wipes won't contain any animal products

To your second point.. There clearly are lots of people, vegan +non-vegan who try not to cause harm to waterways etc and will try to use non-harmful chemical products.. I guess with all things it requires a level of consciousness, combined with desire and an understanding of impact(s) "

I clean my decking, patio, , bathroom, widows, kitchen with hot water with a tiny amount of bio hand soap and tiny bit of powdered bleach , it’s way less harmful and saves having loads of totally unnecessary cans and bottles of cleaners . You don’t need to be vegan or activist to think , research and look after the planet and your finances.

Ampthill

"There is absolutely no evidence that you are just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!"

Hold my coffee…

On a personal level I could show you my own medical records which, since turning vegan almost two years ago, has almost put diabetes into remission, transformed my cholesterol levels, got my BMI green, and reduced my weight.

If you’re genuinely interested in the benefits (including health) then watch the following:

Forks over knives

What the health

Cowspiracy

Then come back on here and comment.

"There is absolutely no evidence that you are just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!

Hold my coffee…

On a personal level I could show you my own medical records which, since turning vegan almost two years ago, has almost put diabetes into remission, transformed my cholesterol levels, got my BMI green, and reduced my weight.

If you’re genuinely interested in the benefits (including health) then watch the following:

Forks over knives

What the health

Cowspiracy

Then come back on here and comment."

I will come and on here and comment regardless as to whether I choose to read the links you have sent me thank you.

I'm glad your health is improved but I think it is wrong to tell people that they are making poor choices simply because they decide to eat meat.

Ampthill

"So I think we should go back to a more sustainable way of farming also yes. But people want their cheap milk so supermarkets push farmers to the max. In my opinion it should be the supermarkets these people should be protesting towards and pay a fair price for milk, eggs and everything else."

I was at a talk by Chris Packham the other weekend and he made this very point. Allow farmers get a realistic price reflecting the true cost of the chicken, milk, etc. so they can invest in more sustainable, ethical and ecological farming. I agree.

** not you persay, just general population musing"

yes just like we subsidies others that use the NHS but that's a different topic nothing to do with protests against farms.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"Why don't we all go back to foraging, gathering and hunting?

Supermarkets have made life way too easy for us.

Are some of you forgetting exactly why farming was taken up? To feed an ever increasing population.

Stop breeding more mouths to feed maybe?"

Farming was actually taken up between 20 and 30,000 years ago to increase calories for less effort than hunting and gathering. The process of switching to cereal for the bulk of calories and stockpiling food is what created diseases and wars and more people now die each year of overeating than under eating. So stopping breeding won’t actually help, we need to change what we eat

La la land

"There is absolutely no evidence that you are just because you have a plant based diet, in fact some people are advised by their medical professionals not to go vegan so there is no proof to suggest you cost the NSH less than a meat eater. I think it is appaling that you suggest somebody who eats meat is somehow making poorer choices regarding their health than you are!

Hold my coffee…

Forks over knives

What the health

Cowspiracy

Then come back on here and comment."

That's not proof, and I suspect those sites have their own bias. I'm doubtful they are peer reviewed.

On a personal level I had to go diary free for 2 years for my breastfed children. And it impacted my health negatively.

But I don't judge others health or anything else. And I'm glad you've improved yours with your diet

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Ah if only you lived round here dear OP. How you could glory at the sound of the heifers calling for their calves as they have been taken away to slaughter. Calves that are only produced to keep said heifers in a state of permanent pre/post pregnancy so that they lactate to produce the milk you so desire.

Farming animals is unintentionally cruel, no matter how kindly you do it I am afraid, at some point an animal is being exploited or slaughtered. If you are non-vegan, that’s cool, but you do have to own that fact, juvenile animals are taken from their mothers and slaughtered for meat, or cat food or haribos, or to keep their mothers producing milk in an exploitation Merry-go-round

Ampthill

"I think it is wrong to tell people that they are making poor choices simply because they decide to eat meat."

It wasn’t me that said that. I was countering your statement that there was no evidence a vegan diet was healthier. There is lots of evidence if you choose to look it up. So, if I believe a vegan diet is healthier, then by default I would be saying choosing to eat meat is a pour choice. It is, especially if it’s processed!

Would it be wrong to say someone is making a poor choice if they lived on junk food, used tobacco, or drank to excess?

"I think it is wrong to tell people that they are making poor choices simply because they decide to eat meat.

It wasn’t me that said that. I was countering your statement that there was no evidence a vegan diet was healthier. There is lots of evidence if you choose to look it up. So, if I believe a vegan diet is healthier, then by default I would be saying choosing to eat meat is a pour choice. It is, especially if it’s processed!

Would it be wrong to say someone is making a poor choice if they lived on junk food, used tobacco, or drank to excess?"

No because its none of my business! Unless you specifically ask somebody to comment on your health and choices then it's no one else's business or right to comment.

Ampthill

"That's not proof, and I suspect those sites have their own bias. I'm doubtful they are peer reviewed."

For clarity, they are documentary films rather than websites. Take a look! And remember agriculture has its own bias.

But a question… what’s the difference between the cow and the donkey on your childhood farm? Why eat one and not the other? Some countries do…

Speciesism needs to end.

Ampthill

"No because its none of my business! Unless you specifically ask somebody to comment on your health and choices then it's no one else's business or right to comment. "

So why do governments advise people to quit smoking and drink responsibly?

ashford

"Ah if only you lived round here dear OP. How you could glory at the sound of the heifers calling for their calves as they have been taken away to slaughter. Calves that are only produced to keep said heifers in a state of permanent pre/post pregnancy so that they lactate to produce the milk you so desire.

Farming animals is unintentionally cruel, no matter how kindly you do it I am afraid, at some point an animal is being exploited or slaughtered. If you are non-vegan, that’s cool, but you do have to own that fact, juvenile animals are taken from their mothers and slaughtered for meat, or cat food or haribos, or to keep their mothers producing milk in an exploitation Merry-go-round"

Yes it's very sad when the lambs are taken from the field at bottom of daughters garden! The mumas call for days for their bubas! The bubas must do the same! Heart breaking x

"No because its none of my business! Unless you specifically ask somebody to comment on your health and choices then it's no one else's business or right to comment.

So why do governments advise people to quit smoking and drink responsibly?"

That is the government and they are offering support for people to quit smoking or drink responsibly they are not making any judgements as to why they do it or telling them that other people have to subsidise them through the NHS.

Ampthill

"That is the government and they are offering support for people to quit smoking or drink responsibly they are not making any judgements as to why they do it or telling them that other people have to subsidise them through the NHS. "

Where was the judgement?

And there is a lot of judgement around smoking and drinking.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

"Ah if only you lived round here dear OP. How you could glory at the sound of the heifers calling for their calves as they have been taken away to slaughter. Calves that are only produced to keep said heifers in a state of permanent pre/post pregnancy so that they lactate to produce the milk you so desire.

Farming animals is unintentionally cruel, no matter how kindly you do it I am afraid, at some point an animal is being exploited or slaughtered. If you are non-vegan, that’s cool, but you do have to own that fact, juvenile animals are taken from their mothers and slaughtered for meat, or cat food or haribos, or to keep their mothers producing milk in an exploitation Merry-go-round

Yes it's very sad when the lambs are taken from the field at bottom of daughters garden! The mumas call for days for their bubas! The bubas must do the same! Heart breaking x"

That is the cruel reality of animal farming I am afraid. People try and dress it up, with “they have a good life etc. Etc. Etc. But the truth is thus and always has been. You have to accept that if you eat meat or dairy products or wear wool or leather. Is it right? I cannot judge, that’s not my place and it’s not what my post is about I guess, just the reality of farming. No more. No less

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

Its actually the belching that produces more methane, cows have 4 stomachs and burp more than fart!

walsall

"

Oh.. We would grow LESS crops globally and use less resources to feed the same population (because we wouldn't need to grow plants to feed the animals, that are then slaughtered to feed humans... Does it make sense?) (back to the rainforest that is being cleared to support animal farming) "

Rainforests full of farm animals…..yep, that sounds feasible.

"

Rainforests full of farm animals…..yep, that sounds feasible."

Airlifting them in one at a time

I’m a strict vegan, I say vegan I only eat fish, or anything that lives in or on water, so fish and duck, also anything that lives near water, so fish, duck, pigs, cow and sheep. So apart from that I’m strict vegan, for example I will not drive through a town or city with ham in the name, so the Midlands is pretty much a no go for me.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"I’m a strict vegan, I say vegan I only eat fish, or anything that lives in or on water, so fish and duck, also anything that lives near water, so fish, duck, pigs, cow and sheep. So apart from that I’m strict vegan, for example I will not drive through a town or city with ham in the name, so the Midlands is pretty much a no go for me. "

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I dont dislike vegans but I could not eat a whole one

"No because its none of my business! Unless you specifically ask somebody to comment on your health and choices then it's no one else's business or right to comment.

So why do governments advise people to quit smoking and drink responsibly?

That is the government and they are offering support for people to quit smoking or drink responsibly they are not making any judgements as to why they do it or telling them that other people have to subsidise them through the NHS. "

Ok..So think about if someone needs a particular drug or maybe fertility treatment.. but their local authority doesn't have the budget because its dealing with all the people needing dietary related health issues thst actually are preventable.. So if we reduced the preventable health related things, then maybe there would be more budget to support people who need other services??

My friend needed fertility treatment.. Its expensive, so they could only have 2 goes on the NHS.. They self funded a further 6 themselves, but it didn't have the outcome they hoped for.

The choices we make are up to us.. But there is cause and effect all around us

This is not a personal pop at anyone, just discussion thoughts... i think the thread has been quite enlightening in honesty and 'food' for thought

The problem is a lot of people seem so far away from the reality of food production. Reading comments on here stating that we would have much more land available if no animals would be farmed is not true to a certain point. Take our hill sheep and beef farm. We can grow grass to feed animals but there is no chance that it would be suitable to grow crops so that land then would become unproductive and thousands of acres in the UK would become the same. Also growing crops does not mean that nothing gets killed, as vermin has to be controlled through various methods, and becoming organic is not an ideal answer either, as yields are not as high and the cost of production much higher. The constant drive for cheap food the decreasing land area due to the constant building and growing

population can only mean that things have to intensify all the time which wich makes becoming sustainable difficult, while striving towards becoming carbon neutral. There is no ideal solution, it's a case of everything in moderation.

Stop eating cows and there will be about 20 left in the uk in 5 years in a zoo

ashford

"Stop eating cows and there will be about 20 left in the uk in 5 years in a zoo"

That's cool with me x

Fareham

Farming animals is unintentionally cruel, no matter how kindly you do it I am afraid, at some point an animal is being exploited or slaughtered. If you are non-vegan, that’s cool, but you do have to own that fact, juvenile animals are taken from their mothers and slaughtered for meat, or cat food or haribos, or to keep their mothers producing milk in an exploitation Merry-go-round"

Why would I glory? I just think people target dairy in cotton clothes, drive, consume plastic like there is no tomorrow and target one thing for the worlds problems.

Try stopping potash mining so we can’t grow so much thus reduce the earths population?

Everyone’s live squashes plenty of other species lives. I put back in my garden which is a haven of insect life. Some mammals too.

"Stop eating cows and there will be about 20 left in the uk in 5 years in a zoo

That's cool with me x"

Well arnt you quiet the animal lover, breeding cows etc for feeding is the sole reason they have not been wiped out to build more houses the land they use would be taken instantly if We all

Went vegan

ashford

That's cool with me x

Well arnt you quiet the animal lover, breeding cows etc for feeding is the sole reason they have not been wiped out to build more houses the land they use would be taken instantly if We all

Went vegan "

It Is better for an animal to naturally die out than to b kept for the sole reason to feed us vile humans imo! And houses will allways need to be built ! Weather there are cows or not! X

That's cool with me x

Went vegan "

Hang on, they are being bred to die.. They don't skip around a field for 30-40 years

Ampthill

"The problem is a lot of people seem so far away from the reality of food production."

That’s a big part of the problem…

Unaware that live male chicks are put in a mincer to make feed for hens, because they can’t lay eggs.

Unaware that chickens are over fed to grow faster, such that they haven’t developed their legs to support their own weight, hence sit in their own shit all day.

…to list just too examples. There are lots more. It’s not all cosy cutesy cottages with happy animals roaming free that kids tv portrays. Ask yourself where the food you eat comes from, how it lived and died, and get understanding of what your diet does to yourself, the world around you, and the other species in it.

"The problem is a lot of people seem so far away from the reality of food production.

Unaware that live male chicks are put in a mincer to make feed for hens, because they can’t lay eggs.

Unaware that chickens are over fed to grow faster, such that they haven’t developed their legs to support their own weight, hence sit in their own shit all day.

…to list just too examples. There are lots more. It’s not all cosy cutesy cottages with happy animals roaming free that kids tv portrays. Ask yourself where the food you eat comes from, how it lived and died, and get understanding of what your diet does to yourself, the world around you, and the other species in it."

Fucks given = 0 I eat meat over chemicals

ashford

"The problem is a lot of people seem so far away from the reality of food production.

…to list just too examples. There are lots more. It’s not all cosy cutesy cottages with happy animals roaming free that kids tv portrays. Ask yourself where the food you eat comes from, how it lived and died, and get understanding of what your diet does to yourself, the world around you, and the other species in it.

Fucks given = 0 I eat meat over chemicals "

How much methane do humans make? I say people should stop breeding!

Ampthill

"Fucks given = 0 I eat meat over chemicals "

You can get vegan junk food, which I guess is what you’re eluding too, but depending on what you eat, your meat isn’t chemical free either!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

…to list just too examples. There are lots more. It’s not all cosy cutesy cottages with happy animals roaming free that kids tv portrays. Ask yourself where the food you eat comes from, how it lived and died, and get understanding of what your diet does to yourself, the world around you, and the other species in it."

I don't think life is a rosey cottage farm, I know where meat comes from, I would be prepared to kill it cook it eat it. There isn't much of an animal I wouldn't eat, including heart, liver, kidneys, trotters etc.

I enjoy eating meat. I like. The taste, the texture, the smell. I have enjoyed some vegetarian food cooked by a friend but I do miss meat.

If you choose not to eat meat I respect that choice.

"Fucks given = 0 I eat meat over chemicals

You can get vegan junk food, which I guess is what you’re eluding too, but depending on what you eat, your meat isn’t chemical free either!"

When most vegans need to supliment there poor diet with vitamin this and vitamin that to get the nutrients required as an omnivore your just pissing in the wind,

You can get vegan junk food, which I guess is what you’re eluding too, but depending on what you eat, your meat isn’t chemical free either!

When most vegans need to supliment there poor diet with vitamin this and vitamin that to get the nutrients required as an omnivore your just pissing in the wind, "

Everyone in the western hemisphere is recommended to take vit D

Otherwise, if you are a healthy individual, eating your daily dozen, the only other thing we need is B12.. Usually this is added to food products... It is synthetic whether you absorb it from an animal that has been injected, or whether you drink it through your choice of milk(s) etc

If you are not a healthy individual you should not be shamed into not taking whatever vitamins or supplements that you need

When most vegans need to supliment there poor diet with vitamin this and vitamin that to get the nutrients required as an omnivore your just pissing in the wind,

Otherwise, if you are a healthy individual, eating your daily dozen, the only other thing we need is B12.. Usually this is added to food products... It is synthetic whether you absorb it from an animal that has been injected, or whether you drink it through your choice of milk(s) etc

If you are not a healthy individual you should not be shamed into not taking whatever vitamins or supplements that you need"

But that's the point most people that have a healthy balanced diet that doesn't exclude any of the food groups don't need any vitamins or supplements.

If you are not a healthy individual you should not be shamed into not taking whatever vitamins or supplements that you need

But that's the point most people that have a healthy balanced diet that doesn't exclude any of the food groups don't need any vitamins or supplements. "

I agree - healthy balanced diet (that's not what he was implying tho)

La la land

There's a few of you who appear to be vegan on this thread and I was thinking on the weekend. Do you have pets? And how does that work with the vegan ideologies?

King's Crustacean

"There's a few of you who appear to be vegan on this thread and I was thinking on the weekend. Do you have pets? And how does that work with the vegan ideologies? "

We don't eat them.

King's Crustacean

I guess it depends on the vegan and the type of pet.

I don't have pets and won't have pets. That's according to my own beliefs

"There's a few of you who appear to be vegan on this thread and I was thinking on the weekend. Do you have pets? And how does that work with the vegan ideologies?

We don't eat them. "

Or breed then, or steal their milk

La la land

"There's a few of you who appear to be vegan on this thread and I was thinking on the weekend. Do you have pets? And how does that work with the vegan ideologies?

We don't eat them. "

Well I hope you didn't

There was a news article in the local press on a puppy farm. And just got me wondering if there was a difference that's all.

La la land

We don't eat them.

Or breed then, or steal their milk "

Puppy farms are pretty horrible places and they are bred for people to buy. And some breeds have been bred so they have respiratory problems or hips so narrow they can't deliver their litters.

King's Crustacean

We don't eat them.

Well I hope you didn't

There was a news article in the local press on a puppy farm. And just got me wondering if there was a difference that's all. "

I'm always surprised at people who are outraged at societies that eat dogs whilst chowing down on a lamb chop.

I'm against puppy farms and against dogs being bred as designer toys for the ignorant.

But that's the point most people that have a healthy balanced diet that doesn't exclude any of the food groups don't need any vitamins or supplements.

I agree - healthy balanced diet (that's not what he was implying tho) "

Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The vegan stazi always mention cows farting but never acknowledge that pet dogs fart and it will come as a shock to them...people fart and in my experience...no human farts longer or louder and stinkier than a vegan...

We don't eat them.

Well I hope you didn't

There was a news article in the local press on a puppy farm. And just got me wondering if there was a difference that's all.

I'm always surprised at people who are outraged at societies that eat dogs whilst chowing down on a lamb chop.

I'm against puppy farms and against dogs being bred as designer toys for the ignorant."

Specism??

La la land

We don't eat them.

Well I hope you didn't

I'm against puppy farms and against dogs being bred as designer toys for the ignorant."

I agree with you it's strange how we view different animals depending on societal norms.

Ampthill

"Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do. "

BOLLOX!

Healthy and balanced can be achieved with a vegan diet. Before you spout bullshit actually do your research. Meat and dairy are not essential to a balanced diet. Understand nutrition, vitamins, etc and actually study the subject. If you think you cannot have a healthy balanced diet as a vegan you are simply incorrect! Most vegans will have a healthier than average diet because we care about such things.

Chelmsford

"Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do.

BOLLOX!

Healthy and balanced can be achieved with a vegan diet. Before you spout bullshit actually do your research. Meat and dairy are not essential to a balanced diet. Understand nutrition, vitamins, etc and actually study the subject. If you think you cannot have a healthy balanced diet as a vegan you are simply incorrect! Most vegans will have a healthier than average diet because we care about such things."

Apparently a vegan diet makes people snappy..

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

I just get pissed off at the righteousness of some (not all) vegans. We all seem to be condemned to hell if we don't agree with them. Whatever happened to free choice?

Some very interesting points on both sides. Acrimony and abuse not called for. Give peas a chance.

Chelmsford

Lettuce forget our differences

King's Crustacean

Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do. "

No. It means that all macros are balanced and food GROUPS are not overlooked.

Vegans get all their protein from plants. They don't cut out food GROUPS.

Non vegans don't necessarily eat a wide range of food groups.

Ampthill

"There's a few of you who appear to be vegan on this thread and I was thinking on the weekend. Do you have pets? And how does that work with the vegan ideologies? "

Great point! And one I’ve considered as I’ve a dog. In the strictest, theoretical terms it is wrong, as the animal is being exploited for human gain. But the upside is the animal has a very happy and nurtured live with their needs and welfare taken care of.

Puppy farms, and many types of dog breading, is abuse.

Imagine having to eat three plates of brocopkust to get my 30g of protein at every meal 7 times a day

"Lettuce forget our differences "

Do vegans swallow cum? Or is that against there believes as well?

La la land

Great point! And one I’ve considered as I’ve a dog. In the strictest, theoretical terms it is wrong, as the animal is being exploited for human gain. But the upside is the animal has a very happy and nurtured live with their needs and welfare taken care of.

Puppy farms, and many types of dog breading, is abuse."

So does this mean vegans tend to own mutts rather than predigree dogs due to breeding for aesthetic looks alone?

"Imagine having to eat three plates of brocopkust to get my 30g of protein at every meal 7 times a day "

It’s easy if you try.

"Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do.

BOLLOX!

Healthy and balanced can be achieved with a vegan diet. Before you spout bullshit actually do your research. Meat and dairy are not essential to a balanced diet. Understand nutrition, vitamins, etc and actually study the subject. If you think you cannot have a healthy balanced diet as a vegan you are simply incorrect! Most vegans will have a healthier than average diet because we care about such things."

Why don't you learn to be polite and have a civilised debate! I have got that information from the NHS website so I suggest you take it up with them if you disagree on the definition of a balanced diet and calm down a little!

King's Crustacean

"Imagine having to eat three plates of brocopkust to get my 30g of protein at every meal 7 times a day "

Who the fuck does that ? No one with any brains.

I like some seitan or tempeh or soy beans or vegan sausage or a good ole shepherds pie with quorn vegan mince or a nice roast dinner with seitan .......loads of gravy, stuffing, roasties, yorkies...... lush.

Chelmsford

As I said.

Vegetables like peas make you snappy...

King's Crustacean

"I just get pissed off at the righteousness of some (not all) vegans. We all seem to be condemned to hell if we don't agree with them. Whatever happened to free choice? "

You're thinking of unreasonable people. Not vegans.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Seaspiracy much bigger issues

"

Healthy and balanced means you don't cut out any food and vegans do. "

Well on that point we will have to differ x

I just had my health MOT and got excellent feedback... They told me my diet is as good as can be and it is the best thing i can do to protect my health and body

"I just get pissed off at the righteousness of some (not all) vegans. We all seem to be condemned to hell if we don't agree with them. Whatever happened to free choice?

You're thinking of unreasonable people. Not vegans."

Unreasonable people can also be vegans.

"As I said.

Vegetables like peas make you snappy..."

Can't we meat in the middle Tom ?

"As I said.

Can't we meat in the middle Tom ? "

No, the steaks are too high.

"

I just had my health MOT and got excellent feedback... They told me my diet is as good as can be and it is the best thing i can do to protect my health and body "

I have never said it is not possible to be healthy having a vegan diet. The definition of a balanced diet is not cutting out any food group which is what I was saying in relation to the use of supplements and vitamins.

"Imagine having to eat three plates of brocopkust to get my 30g of protein at every meal 7 times a day

It’s easy if you try."

"Imagine having to eat three plates of brocopkust to get my 30g of protein at every meal 7 times a day

It’s easy if you try.

"

Thank fuck, I thought that was going to go unnoticed.

READING

I might be wrong, but aren't our teeth designed to eat both meat and plants? Has evolution/creator got it wrong ?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

If you are not a healthy individual you should not be shamed into not taking whatever vitamins or supplements that you need"

Vitamin B12 is naturally occurring in all animal sources of food, but most predominantly in the liver and muscle tissue (including human liver and muscle tissue). Far smaller quantities are secreted in animal milks or eggs. Grazing animals only require supplementation if being grazed on soils deficient in cobalt.

The above statement is scientifically accurate and is not intended to fall on on side or other of the vegan/non-vegan debate.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

We don't eat them.

Or breed then, or steal their milk "

People do breed dogs and steal their children from them for monetary gain though. In wild fog packs children stay with the family for years and help the alpha females raise more young to grow the pack.

King's Crustacean

"The vegan stazi always mention cows farting but never acknowledge that pet dogs fart and it will come as a shock to them...people fart and in my experience...no human farts longer or louder and stinkier than a vegan..."

As much as I hate putting powder in your keg Tom, the average dog owner does more harm to the environment than a 4 x 4. If we count up dog food production and transport etc ..... never mind the farts and shits.

"As I said.

No, the steaks are too high."

Agreement seems to be medium to rare.

King's Crustacean

"I might be wrong, but aren't our teeth designed to eat both meat and plants? Has evolution/creator got it wrong ?"

Tell you what. You chase a hippo , bring it to the ground then rip your way through it's hide with your puny canines and I'll buy that one.

King's Crustacean

"As I said.

No, the steaks are too high.

Agreement seems to be medium to rare."

None of you will be well done after this thread.

Chelmsford

"The vegan stazi always mention cows farting but never acknowledge that pet dogs fart and it will come as a shock to them...people fart and in my experience...no human farts longer or louder and stinkier than a vegan...

As much as I hate putting powder in your keg Tom, the average dog owner does more harm to the environment than a 4 x 4. If we count up dog food production and transport etc ..... never mind the farts and shits. "

I knew it.

Scientifically proven that vegan with a dog does more harm that good to the planet...

King's Crustacean

"I just get pissed off at the righteousness of some (not all) vegans. We all seem to be condemned to hell if we don't agree with them. Whatever happened to free choice?

Unreasonable people can also be vegans. "

But not all vegans are unreasonable people.

It’s easy if you try.

Thank fuck, I thought that was going to go unnoticed. "

I fear you're casting pearls before meat-substitute swine on this thread.

By *..FirstMan  over a year ago

london

The self righteous woke and their politically correct agenda blows my mind and the eco bunnies who go on about reducing our carbon footprint … why not reduce the number of feet?

Here is a plan, stop breeding and overpopulating the planet and be the omnivore that nature made you. Also stop with the “meat substitute” shit, if eating meat is wrong… it is wrong… fucking quorn sausage ffs!

I compare vegan meat substitutes to a paediatric sex doll, wrong is wrong!

Rant over, I really am a nice guy to have at a BBQ.

King's Crustacean

"The vegan stazi always mention cows farting but never acknowledge that pet dogs fart and it will come as a shock to them...people fart and in my experience...no human farts longer or louder and stinkier than a vegan...

As much as I hate putting powder in your keg Tom, the average dog owner does more harm to the environment than a 4 x 4. If we count up dog food production and transport etc ..... never mind the farts and shits.

I knew it.

Scientifically proven that vegan with a dog does more harm that good to the planet..."

No Tom. No.

You don't know the good they do to measure one against the other. Stick to what you know.

But not all vegans are unreasonable people."

No one said they are!

King's Crustacean

The self righteous woke and their politically correct agenda blows my mind and the eco bunnies who go on about reducing our carbon footprint … why not reduce the number of feet?

Here is a plan, stop breeding and overpopulating the planet and be the omnivore that nature made you. Also stop with the “meat substitute” shit, if eating meat is wrong… it is wrong… fucking quorn sausage ffs!

Rant over, I really am a nice guy to have at a BBQ."

paediatric ?

King's Crustacean

But not all vegans are unreasonable people.

No one said they are!

"

Unreasonable people can also be carnivores.

"

I just had my health MOT and got excellent feedback... They told me my diet is as good as can be and it is the best thing i can do to protect my health and body

I have never said it is not possible to be healthy having a vegan diet. The definition of a balanced diet is not cutting out any food group which is what I was saying in relation to the use of supplements and vitamins. "

Oh I'm confused? I don't understand the link to vit +supplements?? If you are healthy /have a balanced diet, the only things we (general population, vegan

AND non-vegan) need are vit D + b12.. But we all need those, otherwise we'll die [eventually]

By *..FirstMan  over a year ago

london

paediatric ? "

Metaphorically speaking, playing with a child sex doll is bad, not quite a paedo but not far off… I draw the same parallel with veggies trying to create synthetic meat… if it is wrong they should stick to lentils and kale…

King's Crustacean

I'd like to say i'd never eat anything with a face but that's not strictly true

READING

But not all vegans are unreasonable people."

that's why I said 'some (not all)'

King's Crustacean

paediatric ?

Metaphorically speaking, playing with a child sex doll is bad, not quite a paedo but not far off… I draw the same parallel with veggies trying to create synthetic meat… if it is wrong they should stick to lentils and kale…"

Meat eaters are creating synthetic meat.......... They like meat

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Yes. Love oat milk also.

Not for my guts it's not!

IBS uses a lot of trees!???

Oh yeah, oat - the most environmentally friendly! "

paediatric ?

Metaphorically speaking, playing with a child sex doll is bad, not quite a paedo but not far off… I draw the same parallel with veggies trying to create synthetic meat… if it is wrong they should stick to lentils and kale…"

It's probably because they still crave the taste if they are used to eating meat for a long time. I used to miss the taste of fish, when i stopped eating meat. I found i could recreate the "smokey" flavour though, using alternative methods. Sort of like vaping i guess.