FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you a clapper when the plane takes off and lands

Are you a clapper when the plane takes off and lands

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Not me but lots do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes of course!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Jesus no.

By *ood time Chris BMan  over a year ago

TAUNTON AREA

Why would any adult do such a childish thing

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Almost. When we raced a storm back from Gran Canaria and the pilot landed in a hurry, we all hit the seat in front as he slammed on the breaks, and came skidding to a halt.

That was a phew! moment and I clapped in my head.

East London

"Why would any adult do such a childish thing "

Relief man, relief!

By *iquid GoldCouple  over a year ago

gloucestershire

If I were a pilot and everyone started clapping I would feel totally offended. Like they hadn’t expected me to do it successfully but because I did I deserve a round of applause. Strange.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Can’t clap when my hands are gripping the armrests so tightly

By *orthseatiger69Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

No, that would be like clapping the bus driver at every stop

No… I’ve flown so often over the last 20 yrs the novelty wore off…

King's Crustacean

"If I were a pilot and everyone started clapping I would feel totally offended. Like they hadn’t expected me to do it successfully but because I did I deserve a round of applause. Strange. "

I always think that. Was everyone expecting her to crash ? Do you clap everytime the checkout boy says the total and hands you the bill ? Do you clap every time someone stops at a red light ?

Weird

But not as weird as people who EXPECT a thank you for stopping at a red light.

King's Crustacean

"No, that would be like clapping the bus driver at every stop "

You are so right! That's hilarious.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I really can't fathom why anyone would do this. Do the people that do it also clap bus drivers when they pull up at a bus stop, train drivers when they stop at a station, or taxi drivers when they reach their destination?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom was on a plane when the pilot announced on the tannoy that we were coming into land. The man in the next seat started panicking and grabbed the seat in front.

It's a bloody woman flying the plane he cried

Tom tried to reason with him and explained that many commercial pilots are women these days and they are just as good as flying planes as the men. Besides that Tom said, Stop panicking, it's not as if she has to reverse the plane ..

King's Crustacean

"Tom was on a plane when the pilot announced on the tannoy that we were coming into land. The man in the next seat started panicking and grabbed the seat in front.

Tom tried to reason with him and explained that many commercial pilots are women these days and they are just as good as flying planes as the men. Besides that Tom said, Stop panicking, it's not as if she has to reverse the plane .."

Oh do other ism jokes Tom. Is it overlook the ism day today ?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

How can they clap if they're talking effing selfies? FFS

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

No. Next.

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

They must be right sad cunts to clap

Hooray we took off

Hooray we didn't die

Get your shots

Holly and Phil should be sacked

I support ukraine

Fuck off

By *umagain58Man  over a year ago

London

Never. Lady friend with me does. I hold her hand tight and she needs hugs

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

there was the time when we flew into hong kong airport in 1987 to play some gigs. the aircraft had a terrible time trying to skirt around a typhoon enroute, got struck by lightning, lost the use of some engines and only just had enough altitude to get onto the runway. there was a lot more than clapping that day.

North Angus

My cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story.

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

King's Crustacean

"My cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story.

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else."

Amazing. Especially that last sentence.

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple  over a year ago

here & there

God no….

North Angus

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

Amazing. Especially that last sentence."

He also got a cat stuck in his ass but that’s a different story

Never

Chelmsford

"Tom was on a plane when the pilot announced on the tannoy that we were coming into land. The man in the next seat started panicking and grabbed the seat in front.

Tom tried to reason with him and explained that many commercial pilots are women these days and they are just as good as flying planes as the men. Besides that Tom said, Stop panicking, it's not as if she has to reverse the plane ..

Oh do other ism jokes Tom. Is it overlook the ism day today ? "

Reversism Granny ?

Stockport

They did that when I was a bus driver in relief . they use to look pale aswell.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Only once did we clap when our plane landed. The pilots thoroughly deserved it. It was very icy and we had to circle to lose fuel, then there was talk of diverting and finally they decided they could do it. I don't know if you've ever been on a plane that slewed sideways as the wheels touched down

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Never been on one x

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

Did they clap for the NHS too?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Only after a stormy landing in florida

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

Nah I don't receive applause when I do my normal job, so I don't see those pilots should do either

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

No very crass and American.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Jesus no."

^^^Granny speaketh the truth

King's Crustacean

He also got a cat stuck in his ass but that’s a different story "

Ginger ?

Stockport

"Never been on one x"
I will send my private jet over for you. You got room in your back garden to land . Xx

Only once coming down in a crosswind, so much so I could literally see UP the runway… how that pilot got it down I never know but yeah…the clapping for the pilot was real!

More of a prayer

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Nah, just happy that the physics was proved correct again

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

Crumbs!

God no

Absolutely mental

Yeah and I wank the postman off every time he drops a letter through my door

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

I really don’t get why ppl do that I find it quite bizarre. Some take offs and landings are particularly precarious, but I’d still expect the pilot to land or get the plane off the ground safely. That’s their job right?

King's Crustacean

"Yeah and I wank the postman off every time he drops a letter through my door "

How does he manage on the days he doesn't write to you.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Why is clapping on a plane so wrong? Is this another of those things that we may not do for fear of appearing uncool?

North Angus

He also got a cat stuck in his ass but that’s a different story

Ginger ?"

Persian

"Yeah and I wank the postman off every time he drops a letter through my door

How does he manage on the days he doesn't write to you."

The milkman instead

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Never been on one xI will send my private jet over for you. You got room in your back garden to land . Xx "

Ty and no tad crowded out there but a nice little green out front x

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

If the turbulence is bad I clap woop and blummin cry when I land

East London

"Only once did we clap when our plane landed. The pilots thoroughly deserved it. It was very icy and we had to circle to lose fuel, then there was talk of diverting and finally they decided they could do it. I don't know if you've ever been on a plane that slewed sideways as the wheels touched down "

Don't underestimate the fear in someone who is scared of flying and on a plane in dodgy weather conditions.

I'm an atheist but I'd be thanking God in your situation.

East London

"Why is clapping on a plane so wrong? Is this another of those things that we may not do for fear of appearing uncool?"

I thank the bus driver when I get off a bus. Only the EL ones though. No idea why.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Only once did we clap when our plane landed. The pilots thoroughly deserved it. It was very icy and we had to circle to lose fuel, then there was talk of diverting and finally they decided they could do it. I don't know if you've ever been on a plane that slewed sideways as the wheels touched down

Don't underestimate the fear in someone who is scared of flying and on a plane in dodgy weather conditions.

I'm an atheist but I'd be thanking God in your situation. "

I think we were. A friend of mine is terrified of flying. He was praying so loud on a flight he was on that surrounding passengers asked him to "shut the fuck up"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why is clapping on a plane so wrong? Is this another of those things that we may not do for fear of appearing uncool?

I thank the bus driver when I get off a bus. Only the EL ones though. No idea why."

Me too. I show my appreciation to retail staff by saying thank you, I greet taxi drivers and thank them at journey's end, I say "thank you" to cabin crew when disembarking, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to clap the pilots.

Tom tried to reason with him and explained that many commercial pilots are women these days and they are just as good as flying planes as the men. Besides that Tom said, Stop panicking, it's not as if she has to reverse the plane .."

He also got a cat stuck in his ass but that’s a different story "

North West

"Why is clapping on a plane so wrong? Is this another of those things that we may not do for fear of appearing uncool?

I thank the bus driver when I get off a bus. Only the EL ones though. No idea why.

Me too. I show my appreciation to retail staff by saying thank you, I greet taxi drivers and thank them at journey's end, I say "thank you" to cabin crew when disembarking, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to clap the pilots."

I wanted to do more than clap the KLM pilot who flew the plane to Madrid in July

Chelmsford

Me too. I show my appreciation to retail staff by saying thank you, I greet taxi drivers and thank them at journey's end, I say "thank you" to cabin crew when disembarking, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to clap the pilots.

I wanted to do more than clap the KLM pilot who flew the plane to Madrid in July "

Give him the clap?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wanted to do more than clap the KLM pilot who flew the plane to Madrid in July "

is that allowed while they're flying the plane? There's always autopilot I suppose

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

I wanted to boo last time as our flight was 3 hours late but the other half wouldn't let me.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I’m happy to give anyone the clap!

North West

I wanted to do more than clap the KLM pilot who flew the plane to Madrid in July

is that allowed while they're flying the plane? There's always autopilot I suppose "

I was hoping for a post-flight invite to his hotel room

Alas, no such luck!

By *ood time Chris BMan  over a year ago

TAUNTON AREA

"They must be right sad cunts to clap

Hooray we took off

Hooray we didn't die

Get your shots

Holly and Phil should be sacked

I support ukraine

Fuck off "

Fantastic answer

By *unx2019Couple  over a year ago

Moray

More fun making adverse comment on their flying, ex RAF so making a remark usually puts a smile on their faces

By *S chanel demarTV/TS  over a year ago

peterborough

I realise it's nerves, but ffs, it's embarrassing....

My ass gose like the clappers during those points

As it’s the only time the pilot is in charge off the plane

The rest off the way it’s all computers

So it’s about the only time your in real danger

By *tuluMan  over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

Generally. No. But once on a Ryanair flight back to Liverpool from Portugal the pilot pretty much belly flopped the plane onto the runway. He got a sarcastic slow clap from most of the passengers on board

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

No. Not at all

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I don’t clap the plumber when he rods me drains..

..that may or may not be a euphemism

By *ingeandTCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

No! But almost did after a successful bumpy landing after an aborted landing last year….

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

On a flight to Ibiza, a young lady announced loudly it was her first ever time flying. On final approach, she kept repeating nervously... "I've got my eyes closed. Are we on the floor yet?"

We clapped when landed - not for the faultless flying but happy we'll soon get away from her ...

By *urhamdebbiecdTV/TS  over a year ago

bishop auckland

No it’s stupid

By *urhamdebbiecdTV/TS  over a year ago

bishop auckland

I once had a grown man clap then sing

3 cheers for the pilot the pilot the pilot

He smokes and he drinks and he probably stinks

3 cheers for the pilot the best in the land

( he was American)

The only thing that claps when the plane lands is my ass as I exit the aircraft and run down the stairs.

I clap when I’m handed my bag of kfc, not because they have done a good job but because it’s kfc

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's funny but the last 2x I have flown I have been sleeping before we have taken off and then get woken up with the bump when we land.

By *ab FunstersCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Absolutely no way...yaay applause for the person doing their job..woooo

No and we also don’t stand up after landing with our necks bent awkwardly for 20 minutes as soon as the seat belt sign goes off.

Fuckwits.

By *ab FunstersCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Why is clapping on a plane so wrong? Is this another of those things that we may not do for fear of appearing uncool?"

It's just moronic behaviour..

By *omethingfun96Couple  over a year ago

greater london

No

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"No and we also don’t stand up after landing with our necks bent awkwardly for 20 minutes as soon as the seat belt sign goes off.

Fuckwits. "

North West

"No and we also don’t stand up after landing with our necks bent awkwardly for 20 minutes as soon as the seat belt sign goes off.

Fuckwits. "

We're always last one off. We get funny looks as we stay seated and don't move!

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

Ask

I witnessed clapping upon landing for the first time this year, I thought it was a myth until then. All I could manage was to laugh at the absurdity!

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Fuckwits. "

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

North West

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off "

Not when you're last off because the disability people forgot about you and the cabin crew are desperate to disembark! But in principle, yeah

Fuckwits. "

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

Not when you're last off because the disability people forgot about you and the cabin crew are desperate to disembark! But in principle, yeah "

If you're still on the plane when the next lot of people get on, do you get a free flight?

chester

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

Not when you're last off because the disability people forgot about you and the cabin crew are desperate to disembark! But in principle, yeah "

Oh bloody hell!!! Hope they remembered you eventually x

Nah I'm always bitterly disappointed I haven't been blown to bits tbh.

North West

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

Not when you're last off because the disability people forgot about you and the cabin crew are desperate to disembark! But in principle, yeah

If you're still on the plane when the next lot of people get on, do you get a free flight? "

I did ask where it was going next. I didn't fancy Aberdeen

North West

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

Oh bloody hell!!! Hope they remembered you eventually x"

The cabin crew and a lovely Norwegian couple got me off

God no! It’s the pilot’s job to take off and land! No fucker applauds me when I submit a tender. Get a bloody grip!

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

Ask

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

The cabin crew and a lovely Norwegian couple got me off "

Shouldn't this be in the Stories and Fantasies forum?

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

Not personally. But so what if people do? Some people are terrified of flying so its their way of saying thank f*** we're here in one piece!!

North West

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

The cabin crew and a lovely Norwegian couple got me off

Shouldn't this be in the Stories and Fantasies forum? "

It most certainly wasn't my fantasy at 11pm on a Sunday night, when I had work the next morning and had travelled solo in my wheelchair from Toledo to Madrid; Madrid to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Manchester. The only fuckers to forget to assist me were Manchester.

So, the Norwegians who'd sat next to me, plus KLM cabin crew got me out. The dishy pilot was on the outbound journey, not return.

chester

Fuckwits.

Haha same here

Happy to be last off

The cabin crew and a lovely Norwegian couple got me off "

Happy ending then

Only when it lands safely, I think it's just the passengers showing their appreciation.

Stockport

"Only when it lands safely, I think it's just the passengers showing their appreciation."

is that allowed while they're flying the plane? There's always autopilot I suppose "

That's why there are two pilots..

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I'd be more likely to clap if Jet2 announce they'll never play Jess Fucking Glynn over and over on every fucking flight ever again!!!

I'm going to bring this back into fashion. I went on a plane today and I started a clap. It was a bit lacklustre if I'm honest but I'll keep trying.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Not me but lots do "
no I'm too busy trying to stay calm

Peterborough

"I'd be more likely to clap if Jet2 announce they'll never play Jess Fucking Glynn over and over on every fucking flight ever again!!! "

Yes! I hate that Super Mario groupie.

Peterborough

"Not me but lots do no I'm too busy trying to stay calm"

I get that. I am scared of heights and love flying: you'd think the two wouldn't mix...but if you imagine a bird whose wings were clipped and could no longer fly, then that's me.

I have taken some beautiful arial photos of my old address from a helicopter and done a better job than Google Earth. Scary AND exciting. Addictive too.

By *inAndTonic21Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

We don’t but it’s fun when others do xx

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

When it finally starts taxiing to the runway.

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Is that actually a thing?!

By *arahsluttyireTV/TS  over a year ago

on the move

Should be shot!!! We’ll be clapping the postman putting letters in the door and people handing you back change in the shop next

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I find this behaviour very strange, no one claps when any other mode of public transport sets off.

The mr

Hell no!

usually got my head up my bum if its been a bad flight ...try to sit at the back of a plane .........they never reverse into mountains

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

No, totally bizarre. It's like those that clap didn't expect to land safely!

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

Hell no and I’ve not heard it done since back in the 70s

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

No. Why would you clap for auto pilot?

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Only me then?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

If this is the case you all should clap for me when the lights come on,

By *idlandiaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else."

Did he cum?

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

God no. Why on earth would you? Unless it was d as one kind of emergency landing.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

No. I am the type to kiss the ground when we land

(Clap)

Dear god no no no no no

North West

"Dear god no no no no no"

Is that your prayer when the turbulence hits?

» Add a new message to this topic