FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever cancelled a meet?

Have you ever cancelled a meet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And if so what reason for?

I have for the weekend because the woman in question seems to be a bunny boiler and is constantly messaging me on telegram at work, on a night waking me up and keeping me awake, and already using the terms “babe” “gorgeous” “honey”

It’s a bit much to be honest and she is stopping me from doing things on a night.

So do you think these are valid reasons?

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yeah that would worry me too tbf

By *onderTouchMan  over a year ago

Basildon

Very valid reason lol. Imagine how she’d behave once you put your dick inside her

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes. A whole plethora of reasons, sometimes we make the leap over to exchanging phone numbers and people think they don’t have to try anymore and we go back to the dreaded ‘how are you?’ 15 times a day. Or they’re wayyyy too keen. Or start telling me about kinks that turn my stomach. Or they move the goal posts ‘I know we said meet at 7, but let’s meet at 9, and only for an hour’. Plenty more.

It either works for me too, and I’m excited about meeting them, or I’m not and I don’t want anyones time to be wasted.

"Very valid reason lol. Imagine how she’d behave once you put your dick inside her "

I think the saying goes something like:

“Never put your dick in crazy”

Not about to do it tbh.

We did last night with some good play mate friends of ours. J had his 4th covid jab yesterday and always reacts badly to them. Luckily our play friends know him well and we have rearranged. x

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

No, of course not.

"Yes. A whole plethora of reasons, sometimes we make the leap over to exchanging phone numbers and people think they don’t have to try anymore and we go back to the dreaded ‘how are you?’ 15 times a day. Or they’re wayyyy too keen. Or start telling me about kinks that turn my stomach. Or they move the goal posts ‘I know we said meet at 7, but let’s meet at 9, and only for an hour’. Plenty more.

It either works for me too, and I’m excited about meeting them, or I’m not and I don’t want anyones time to be wasted."

But how are you? lol

Did you have a good birthday anyway?

Just the once when my period made an unexpected early appearance. They were very polite about it, but since they didn't want to reschedule I'm not sure they believed me.

When it turns into the endless messaging all banal. Or the fantasising starts (what will you be wearing etc). That said once got stood up so he could watch the football.

"Just the once when my period made an unexpected early appearance. They were very polite about it, but since they didn't want to reschedule I'm not sure they believed me."

Their loss

Yes had a guy turn up after having a few chats and what we like and out of the blue started talking about poo and other stuff not mentioned so asked him to leave which he did . He got blocked x

Not your fault.. they shouldn’t be so insecure.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Only due to work or small people emergencies

I have been stood up on a few cuppa morning socials, but I arrange them when I would be

going anyway, so it's no bother

By *agatoXXXMan  over a year ago

Carol Vorderman's underwear drawer.

I've only ever cancelled once, for medical reasons.

Yeah, I do all the time. I don't stand anyone up, but if it doesn't feel right I let them know I'm not feeling it.

Yeah, gave him a weeks notice though! I’m an adult I don’t ghost.

I have had to cancel a couple of times due to kids illness which can’t be helped.

Generally I’m pretty reliable as I hate being let down so won’t do that to others.

However I’m contemplating cancelling an arranged drink for tonight as the guy is coming across really pushy (feels like he has a total expectation we’re going to fuck) and I am not comfortable with that vibe. But if I do decide to cancel I will be honest as to why.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

Yep, I cancelled on a couple a few the morning of the meet. I felt awful with a D and V bug (sorry if you are eating, reading this!) I let them know as soon as I knew I couldn't meet and we rescheduled for a week later.

Cancellations and plans change, but that isnt a deal breaker, we are all adults here and sometimes life gets in the way!

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

"And if so what reason for?

I have for the weekend because the woman in question seems to be a bunny boiler and is constantly messaging me on telegram at work, on a night waking me up and keeping me awake, and already using the terms “babe” “gorgeous” “honey”

It’s a bit much to be honest and she is stopping me from doing things on a night.

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

"

I had ... but I never said concrete YES!I said depending on my mood..

And mood was crap

Yes cancelled when the chat became argumentative (I'd disagree with something and their response was a red flag).

I giggled when you said she was calling you babe and gorgeous. You realise a lot of guys do that to women from the first message?

Could be she is innocently misinterpreting signs.... or could be she's very bubbly with no sense of time or social sense of when to be messaging. Like perhaps she is neuro-divergent, that's not crazy just a bit different.

Could be....she's a strong personality doing the running and you prefer to do the chasing?

Those names aren't a red flag tbh, like someone said guys use them all the time casually. If they had a petname for you I'd be concerned maybe as thar would scream attachment.

Lots of possibilities is the bottom line, but I know I'd never appreciate having this situation aired out on a forum thread. Not cool.

By *hiskeyColaMan  over a year ago

Oswestry

Joking aren't ya!?

"Yes cancelled when the chat became argumentative (I'd disagree with something and their response was a red flag).

I giggled when you said she was calling you babe and gorgeous. You realise a lot of guys do that to women from the first message? "

So true lol!

By *ouplecu2015Couple  over a year ago

Reading

yes, it happened that my wife menstruated.

Very rare. It's usually when the chat starts to go left, they start talking about things they're into that I said I'm not or constantly demand pics and the chat starts to go stale.

I just say sorry not feeling it. Always trust your gut.

Yes once because it made my friend who i loved/love feel queezy so i called it off as she was uncomfortable that one act pretty much led to the greatest day of my life and the last time i was truly happy

Since then nothing seems to fill that void

Yep for reasons some listed above and just for the fact I’ve changed my mind, not on the mood anymore. If I do I will tell them and not just ghost.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Nope

"Very rare. It's usually when the chat starts to go left, they start talking about things they're into that I said I'm not or constantly demand pics and the chat starts to go stale.

I just say sorry not feeling it. Always trust your gut."

Actually come to think of it I've cancelled when that's happened too. We agreed a coffee and then they've changed it to dinner without discussion. They ramp up the sex chat. Byeeee!

Yes.

I was feeling frisky, found an attractive guy online and told him the hotel I was at. And then got too d*unk to cope with nerves. I was throwing up at the thought of a strangers cock cumming all over me so I cancelled.

I think he was disappointed.

OP you've done the right thing I reckon. Always trust your gut.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I hope the other party isn't reading this post.

I can't remember cancelling a meet personally, but if I haven't, then it's probably been good luck, as we're all potential victims of events beyond our control.

"Very rare. It's usually when the chat starts to go left, they start talking about things they're into that I said I'm not or constantly demand pics and the chat starts to go stale.

Actually come to think of it I've cancelled when that's happened too. We agreed a coffee and then they've changed it to dinner without discussion. They ramp up the sex chat. Byeeee!"

Yes and changing times all the time or days or the best I love they slip up and say they're partnered when have been asked more than once, saying don't accom as share house,don't have strangers over straight away etc.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Actually come to think of it I've cancelled when that's happened too. We agreed a coffee and then they've changed it to dinner without discussion. They ramp up the sex chat. Byeeee!"

This and some of the reasons mentioned above.

And you know what? Sometimes you just get a sense of unease about somebody during chats prior to the meet and if I have this sense of unease, I will cancel but not ghost.

Often, when they come back aggressively it tells me that my gut feeling was right in the first place.

Actually come to think of it I've cancelled when that's happened too. We agreed a coffee and then they've changed it to dinner without discussion. They ramp up the sex chat. Byeeee!

Yes and changing times all the time or days or the best I love they slip up and say they're partnered when have been asked more than once, saying don't accom as share house,don't have strangers over straight away etc."

Yes! When I met someone recently they changed the details so suddenly that I didn't keep up. And I wish I'd chatted longer, as I usually do.

Any hint of sex chat and I cancel. If they can't be respectful about a coffee then fuck nooooo.

This and some of the reasons mentioned above.

And you know what? Sometimes you just get a sense of unease about somebody during chats prior to the meet and if I have this sense of unease, I will cancel but not ghost.

Often, when they come back aggressively it tells me that my gut feeling was right in the first place. "

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

No but we've had one cancelled on us on the same day. We appreciate it happens and we never put ourselves out for anyone unless we've met someone before.

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

"

Anyone messaging me after 10pm or before 9am pisses me right off. I've dumped long time friends for this reason.

I wouldn't meet a stranger for a first meet after what you describe.

Other than the one thing above i cant think of another example barring maybe toothache or illness maybe

I try to be a man of my word if i say il meet il meet even if iv got a broken bone loyalty is very important to me so honouring your word comes with that

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

If my time isn't respected I'll cancel a meet and block them.

By *tuluMan  over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

Yes. Arrived outside the house to meet a couple in Blackburn and i could smell coming from inside the house. Biggest turn off for me. Just walked away without even ringing the doorbell

"Yes. Arrived outside the house to meet a couple in Blackburn and i could smell coming from inside the house. Biggest turn off for me. Just walked away without even ringing the doorbell "

Dandelions.

"Could be she is innocently misinterpreting signs.... or could be she's very bubbly with no sense of time or social sense of when to be messaging. Like perhaps she is neuro-divergent, that's not crazy just a bit different.

Could be....she's a strong personality doing the running and you prefer to do the chasing?

Those names aren't a red flag tbh, like someone said guys use them all the time casually. If they had a petname for you I'd be concerned maybe as thar would scream attachment.

Lots of possibilities is the bottom line, but I know I'd never appreciate having this situation aired out on a forum thread. Not cool."

She isn’t on Fab and no names have been mentioned.

"Yes. Arrived outside the house to meet a couple in Blackburn and i could smell what the cock was cooking coming from inside the house. Biggest turn off for me. Just walked away without even ringing the doorbell "

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Yep.

*Got called into work.

*Something felt off

*I simply wasn't feeling it so thought it kinder to cancel than have someone disappointed in person having taken the time to get ready and expense to travel

*gut rot

"Yep.

*Got called into work.

*Something felt off

*I simply wasn't feeling it so thought it kinder to cancel than have someone disappointed in person having taken the time to get ready and expense to travel

*gut rot"

I thought this said ‘something fell off’ and thought ‘fair…what though?!’ And then reread

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

By mutual agreement when its going to be too rushed or something genuinely gets in the way I would suggest - and have suggested Rescheduling - if we agree then cool - if there’s a proper emergency then I would with as much notice as i could give.

By *iss E99TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Taunton Somerset

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

"

What you described is absolutely a valid reason, I’ve had exactly the same scenario but with a guy, had to block his number in the end.

I’ve also cancelled when I’ll with the flu, guy in question was great and understood completely.

If it stops feeling right then cancel.

By *lex.and.SexCouple  over a year ago

Bedale

Sadly yes but we always try to give as much notice as possible and immediately offer a reschedule date.

The real difficulty comes where you are on the fence about whether to cancel due to odd behaviour in the immediate run up to the meet. We hate the idea of cancelling last minute, but are also really uneasy about the vibe being right at this point

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve been around fab for years, life has a habit of getting in the way at the most awful times.

Everything from child illness to poor mental health to, most recently, having someone smash my windscreen.

It happens.

The important thing is to communicate with the other person and (hopefully) rearrange at a better time.

As a side note, I really hope that the other person doesn’t read this OP, it’s not exactly respectful and if they do see it, I’m fairly certain that you won’t need to worry about how to cancel

"I’ve been around fab for years, life has a habit of getting in the way at the most awful times.

Everything from child illness to poor mental health to, most recently, having someone smash my windscreen.

It happens.

The important thing is to communicate with the other person and (hopefully) rearrange at a better time.

As a side note, I really hope that the other person doesn’t read this OP, it’s not exactly respectful and if they do see it, I’m fairly certain that you won’t need to worry about how to cancel "

He said above that she isn’t on fab BUT I still think it’s not a nice thing to share with a bunch of strangers even though she probably won’t see it!

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

I bet she’s delighted to hear that

But no, I’ve been lucky in that I’ve never had to cancel a meet. I have had to postpone a couple but with plenty of notice (like a few days) and on all occasions met at a rescheduled time.

I’ve only had one lass cancel on me, on the morning of a planned meet later in the evening, so again with plenty of notice. That was the only one where we never actually met.

Carlisle

"Yes. A whole plethora of reasons, sometimes we make the leap over to exchanging phone numbers and people think they don’t have to try anymore and we go back to the dreaded ‘how are you?’ 15 times a day. Or they’re wayyyy too keen. Or start telling me about kinks that turn my stomach. Or they move the goal posts ‘I know we said meet at 7, but let’s meet at 9, and only for an hour’. Plenty more.

It either works for me too, and I’m excited about meeting them, or I’m not and I don’t want anyones time to be wasted."

And that old chestnut ‘ are you allergic To duck tape?’

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I cancelled a meet in April as I had covid. The policeman who I was meeting said he didn't care and still wanted to meet. I declined.

Na don’t worry about it

Knob her anyway you never that might stop her pestering

Win win

Carlisle

"I cancelled a meet in April as I had covid. The policeman who I was meeting said he didn't care and still wanted to meet. I declined."
admittedly that was a police interview under caution - mot a meet!!

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Yes it was much too far. Shame as we chatted for a while and it seemed promising.

I've cancelled loads.

Usually because I just can't be arsed.

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

A few for various reasons.

Sick,

Family emergency,

Stuck at work

They started getting odd, or expecting more than agreed.

Found out single female wasn't single

Found out single female wasn't female

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

This weekend unfortunately - not fully on it and so it’s been rescheduled.

We don’t like to drop plans and this is the first time but all parties would rather it be hot AF rather than tame…

K

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We've had to cancel due to illness and work/family commitments. It's so disappointing but it can't be helped. We always try to rearrange as soon as possible.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

"

In the 10 or so years I've been using Fab, I have never cancelled on anyone. If I say I'll be there, I will be there

I can safely say no...

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

organised a hotel meet with one other person..then I noticed on there status update ..they we're inviting other people to it.. questioned them on it they ignored the question..so I just cancelled the hotel room... paying that little bit extra for a full refund is always a wise decision..

Have you ever cancelled?

#firstworldproblems

"

Just curious, why is she stopping you from doing things? Surely it's your choice if you reply or engage? Do you not put your phone on silent when you go to sleep?

If I cancel a meet it would be because of my 'hidden illness' or mother nature. Or a another very understandable reason. I don't remember doing so but I'm sure I have. I have had meets cancelled by others though. Usually work or double booking themselves are the reasons given.

T

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yeah I have a few times. Due to kids and other life things. I would never ever not turn up without letting someone know though. That’s despicable.

Yes, but as Nora said, life happens. I have never been a no show.

By *rNice.Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

" Bunny boiler " , and you haven t said if you ve even met her ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Someone had free time because their car breaks went. So could drive to me, as they weren't driving for work . I didn't cancel but just commented that it didn't sound safe.

I'd hate harm to have resulted, due to my decisions.

By *KG12Couple  over a year ago

Burnley

Only once due to the the monthlies

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I cancelled my first meet.

I had an accident the day before and landed in hospital

Fortunately I had photographic evidence

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

No

I'm not flaky

"No

I'm not flaky "

Have you read some of the reasons why people cancelled? They don't seem flaky.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Yes, only couple. Either not feeling well or something made me loose interest.

I cancelled a ‘maybe’. It was always a maybe so I think she understood.

But if I set a date and time, only an emergency would change it. I don’t cancel, they do.

By *iwatcher321Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

In my younger years nerves used to get the better of me (bi meets) but would always tell the truth, older gents were way more understanding, didnt happen often though! Now I have kids I occasionally have to delay but always upfront, never blank anyone, that's just wrong!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I once had a lady cancel a meet because “she had caught an STI”. Such a random admission led me to believe, it was bull shit and so out there, how could I possibly question it?

I guess I should have felt sorry for the guy she verified a week later!

Did she message back to rearrange. No she didn’t. Lol.

Oh and the lady that canceled a couple of weeks ago “because she had covid”. Still waiting for her to rearrange. The third time she has cried off. Lol.

Ayrshire

"No

I'm not flaky

Have you read some of the reasons why people cancelled? They don't seem flaky. "

Perhaps people shouldn't make commitments so easily

"No

I'm not flaky

Perhaps people shouldn't make commitments so easily "

Lol life isn’t predictable! And Fab is a nice side thing for most people not their entire life.

No tbh , l've been lucky to not have cancelled but was led up the garden path a few times but you learn ...once bitten twice shy

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Yes I’ve cancelled meeting people for so many reasons. Everything from “just can’t be arsed” to going off people while messaging, to serious real life stuff.

V x

Ayrshire

"No

I'm not flaky

Lol life isn’t predictable! And Fab is a nice side thing for most people not their entire life."

It's not that difficult to stick to a plan once it's been made

Near Marlborough

"No

I'm not flaky

Lol life isn’t predictable! And Fab is a nice side thing for most people not their entire life.

It's not that difficult to stick to a plan once it's been made "

Unless you don’t want to anymore. I’m

Not sticking to any plan if I change my mind.

V x

Ayrshire

"No

I'm not flaky

Unless you don’t want to anymore. I’m

Not sticking to any plan if I change my mind.

V x "

Which goes back to my earlier point

By *uffolksubWoman  over a year ago

Brandon

"No

I'm not flaky

So you wouldn’t cancel if you’d had an accident and were in hospital?!! Honestly, life isn’t always black and white is it?

Ayrshire

"No

I'm not flaky

So you wouldn’t cancel if you’d had an accident and were in hospital?!! Honestly, life isn’t always black and white is it? "

Well no

But disaster seems to happen to fab folks quite disproportionately

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I once cancelled as I came on my period early .... sometimes these things can be hard to judge.

Anyhow we rearranged and all was well.

B38

If it doesn't feel right then cancelling with warning is your perogative.

By *uffolksubWoman  over a year ago

Brandon

"No

I'm not flaky

So you wouldn’t cancel if you’d had an accident and were in hospital?!! Honestly, life isn’t always black and white is it?

Well no

But disaster seems to happen to fab folks quite disproportionately "

Your cynicism may be justified But sometimes stuff genuinely does happen and it’s not reasonable to tar everyone with the same brush in my opinion.

Yes we drove 3 hours payed for hotel room.exited to have fun. Get ghosted for a few hours said person wanted to extend another day. Umm no game over cancelled to full effect.

Near Marlborough

"No

I'm not flaky

Well no

But disaster seems to happen to fab folks quite disproportionately "

I don’t need a disaster. If I don’t want to then I’m going to cancel. Is there an expectation that if I say yes I then can’t say no?

V x

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Yes i did tonight.

Prev social meet, a spark. Meet arranged. Turned into a monitoring operation from him. Are you back home yet. Can you get this and that (not giving details here).

I felt under pressure.

Cancelled. Nicely. Abuse in response.

Always, always listen to that gut feeling.

Yes I've cancelled before. I don't owe anyone anything on here, nor do they owe me. I do give notice though, I wouldn't just fail to turn up.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"No

I'm not flaky

It's not a contract.

Ayrshire

"No

I'm not flaky

It's not a contract.

"

No

But it's a reasonable way of interacting with people

Honest question why is it the cancellation is always a single man ? Never had issues with couples .

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

I don't cancel very often.

At the weekend gad a meet planned for after work I ended up being there alot later/longer than planned because I couldn't just leave

The poor guy must of thought I was messing him around. I was sending him pictures to show I was at workand would be finishing soon

We had a great meet in the end

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 30/09/22 23:24:11]

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Once in the 10 years I've been here the reason was my period came early

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Just once. They wanted pictures of the inside of my house so they could check it was clean and tidy and that all my clothes were put away .

When I told them I was cancelling they said 'kind of ya' sarcastically, like I should meet them anyway out of the kindness of my heart. I've just had a look at the WhatsApp messages from them actually and they're even worse than I remembered, so many red flags, I'm glad I didn't meet them.

"No

I'm not flaky

Perhaps people shouldn't make commitments so easily "

I don't consider having a coffee or a drink a big commitment.

"Just once. They wanted pictures of the inside of my house so they could check it was clean and tidy and that all my clothes were put away .

When I told them I was cancelling they said 'kind of ya' sarcastically, like I should meet them anyway out of the kindness of my heart. I've just had a look at the WhatsApp messages from them actually and they're even worse than I remembered, so many red flags, I'm glad I didn't meet them."

good for you

B38

"Just once. They wanted pictures of the inside of my house so they could check it was clean and tidy and that all my clothes were put away .

When I told them I was cancelling they said 'kind of ya' sarcastically, like I should meet them anyway out of the kindness of my heart. I've just had a look at the WhatsApp messages from them actually and they're even worse than I remembered, so many red flags, I'm glad I didn't meet them."

I'd have cancelled too

So .. why men.. the majority of the time you cancel.its a oddity that women do. What is the issue. Enlighten our follies.

» Add a new message to this topic