FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Polite reply?

Polite reply?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else find it a bit annoying if you’ve spent time to write a message that’s clearly not a cut and paste to someone for them to read it and not reply?

I’ve spent time filling my profile, have pics and a verification yet getting a message read is near impossible and getting a reply is a no go

I treated to hear anyone’s thoughts?

Ps. I don’t message any profiles unless they specifically say they’re seeking single males.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

You you reply to every bit of mail in your none Fab personal inbox?

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

No reply is a reply of sorts.

Just take it as they aren't interested and move on.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

"You you reply to every bit of mail in your none Fab personal inbox? "

*Do

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman  over a year ago

In the clouds

The amount of messages I get, I'd need a P.A to reply to them all, ain't nobody got time for that

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

No

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't and I don't even get that many messages.

I just don't see the point in wasting time replying for you to then reply when I know I'm not interested.

Sometimes I do feel a bit bad because generally I get really nice messages. Still not replying though!

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

They were just not interested. They saw your photos and were not attracted to you. Sorry if being harsh.

I got a nice and polite message from a young man yesterday morning. It was just an introduction, hoping to chat more. Very polite and charming. He attached a body photo. His body shape was exactly the one I am very attracted to, so I replied. We met up in person within a couple of hours.

If I hadn’t been attracted, I probably wouldn’t have replied. In FAB’s etiquette, a no reply means “I am not interested”. People need to understand this instead of overthinking.

I have done really polite replies and explained why not interested ... and the just got harassed back.

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Does anyone else find it a bit annoying if you’ve spent time to write a message that’s clearly not a cut and paste to someone for them to read it and not reply?

I’ve spent time filling my profile, have pics and a verification yet getting a message read is near impossible and getting a reply is a no go

Ps. I don’t message any profiles unless they specifically say they’re seeking single males."

Manage your expectations is a good starting place.

By *iasubTV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

For me its just easier not to as sometimes people can get abusive and rude. For me its just not worth the hassle to reply

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

"Does anyone else find it a bit annoying if you’ve spent time to write a message that’s clearly not a cut and paste to someone for them to read it and not reply?

Ps. I don’t message any profiles unless they specifically say they’re seeking single males."

Just delete your sent messages and be amazed when you you get a reply

Haha! Maybe that’s the way to go!

By *ischiefManaged69Couple  over a year ago

Preston

I'll try something different than my usual message Vs junkmail response.

If the person you messaged, replied with a list of the reasons they were rejecting you, would you feel better than just being deleted and blocked? D&B is sometimes just a quick, polite way of saying not for me/us without going into details.

Ye maybe I’m a little naive as to how most people react. Probably a lot are getting abuse

Personally I’d appreciate it but can see others point

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

I probably only reply to about 80% of my messages - & most of those quickly fizzle out

if I was to read them (& pay attention) & reply to them all with a coherent response I'd have to give up work!

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

OP, I know it can be frustrating but they don’t owe you a reply. In fact, a non-reply is a reply in itself.

Some women get hundreds of messages and don’t have the time.

Some women try to be polite but then get either begging or abuse for their troubles.

Best thing is to adjust your thinking towards this and treat a reply as a nice bonus.

Good luck

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

No reply = no thank you.

I do personally reply to most, but then it's hassle, especially from single guys, they use it as a conversation starter to get us to meet, we don't meet men so now I've started to just delete

Mrs

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Serious question? If they aren't interested, what possible reason is there for them to reply?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"For me its just easier not to as sometimes people can get abusive and rude. For me its just not worth the hassle to reply "

Indeed

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Does anyone else find it a bit annoying if you’ve spent time to write a message that’s clearly not a cut and paste to someone for them to read it and not reply?"

No.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

No reply is a reply in itself.

When I first joined fab I'd run out of messages before I could finish saying no thank you to all the unsuitable offers. And that's back when I had time to actually read them all.

Don't take it to heart OP. The people you stand out to as compatible will reply. If someone isn't interested, then you don't have to waste your time reading their no thanks or giving another polite but pointless reply to that.

By *iasubTV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Ye maybe I’m a little naive as to how most people react. Probably a lot are getting abuse

Personally I’d appreciate it but can see others point "

From experience there is normally quite a bit of abuse or rudeness that follows a kind no thank you. Thats why i dont bother replying anymore

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

God, not another......

Essentially I’m not bothered as I copy/paste every message I send.

Including this one.

Only kidding… I don’t care at all. Last person I blocked because I felt bad if they was still looking at my profile wondering when il respond.

"Some women get hundreds of messages and don’t have the time.

Some women try to be polite but then get either begging or abuse for their troubles.

Best thing is to adjust your thinking towards this and treat a reply as a nice bonus.

Good luck "

Ye maybe I’m looking at it like a tinder kinda thing… I actually have no issues meeting women in general.

I would actually like to find someone that sexually has the same interests me and that’s why I’m mainly on here.

Awkward having that convo when it comes up like… hey, I’d really like to bring other people in

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Fab is a harbour perpetually beset by the most thunderous of typhoons, OP. Eventually, your ever-elusive ship will come in.

By *ornish1982Man  over a year ago

Redruth

"The amount of messages I get, I'd need a P.A to reply to them all, ain't nobody got time for that "

Totally understandable in your case x

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Some women get hundreds of messages and don’t have the time.

Good luck

Ye maybe I’m looking at it like a tinder kinda thing… I actually have no issues meeting women in general.

I would actually like to find someone that sexually has the same interests me and that’s why I’m mainly on here.

Awkward having that convo when it comes up like… hey, I’d really like to bring other people in "

thats what they all say

By *ornish1982Man  over a year ago

Redruth

"I have done really polite replies and explained why not interested ... and the just got harassed back. "

Will never understand why people need to be rude, if someone says no its a no, I say thank you for the reply and move on xx

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Why message and forget about it, if you get no response, then move on.

If they delete it then, as everyone above is saying, its a reply of sorts. Don't take it to heart and some people simply don't have the time to reply.

You can always block then as well, simply a way of not messaging them again.

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

You’re not new to fab or the forums so I’m surprised if you’ve not seen similar threads before there’s tons of them. Usually newbies though.

Why people (especially women) don’t reply:

Cos we get a lot of messages and it would take forever! I’m not even some hot young thing and even I get about 100 messages a day! I have a life! Ain’t got time to read and reply to all them!

Cos when we DO reply “no thanks” however politely we get:

“Why? I’m great” nobody’s that great and nobody appeals to everyone! Even good looking celebs don’t appeal to everyone!

“But I am amazing in bed” bollocks! A good time sexually is mostly about compatibility not the skill of one party.

“Well you’re fat/ugly/old I wouldn’t have shagged you anyway” lovely! Just what I wanna read! and if that was true…why’d you message?!

Sometimes it can be FAR worse than the last one and inc threats of violence etc (which if I do get, I report their sorry arse!)

I operate a 2 strikes policy now after learning that if someone hasn’t had a reply from me they get a “stop think!” Message if they message a second time. Blocked!

Also block for bareback, 420 friendly, misogynistic profiles, stats or forum posts (if they’re local to me), posting identifying pics of other women on single males profile…

I’m quite brutal perhaps? I consider it discerning.

Single guys need to behave sensibly, understand that however traditionally good looking they may be that doesn’t mean they’ll be for everyone, understand that if someone isn’t interested shown eg by a lack of reply, leave them the hell alone!

Even if they change their mind (rare) they can then find you.

Glasgow

"I have done really polite replies and explained why not interested ... and the just got harassed back.

Will never understand why people need to be rude, if someone says no its a no, I say thank you for the reply and move on xx"

Sometimes a conversation leads to a no because they don’t have the approach or interests that match mine, or they say something stupid/offensive!

Then again it’s usually trying to change my mind again at which point “the fact you can’t take no for an answer here simply confirms I’ve made the right decision!” Then they also are blocked

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes. A lot of people find it annoying op

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I will always try and reply if the sender has an ok profile or has written a decent message,even of its a no thanks.

I have lots of filters on though, so don't receive the volume of mail other ladies might.

If i get a 2 word message or one from a blank/crap profile then I'll delete.

I appreciate it can be frustrating op ,why not delete any sent messages from your outbox & if you het a reply its a bonus.

By *eliciousDiva69Woman  over a year ago

Schitts Creek

I occasionally will send a polite reply if I think someone’s put effort into a message, or if they’ve made me laugh. I do find though that this often leads to lots of follow up messages and sometimes abuse, which is why lots of people opt for delete or block & delete.

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

You've got a well written profile so I wouldn't spend too much time on your messages. Most will look at your profile before opening it anyway. If you're what they are looking for they'll reply, if not you've not wasted much time. K

"You've got a well written profile so I wouldn't spend too much time on your messages. Most will look at your profile before opening it anyway. If you're what they are looking for they'll reply, if not you've not wasted much time. K"

Thanks. Like I say, always send pics, don’t harass and I don’t send messages unless they say single males. Try and be personal and do out in effort.

It is what it is…. I’ll keep your advice in mind

Enjoy your bank holiday!

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

No reply is still a reply - it means ‘no thanks’.

You chose to send an unsolicited message and they have the choice to respond, ignore, delete or block.

Many people will also look at a profile before opening a message, so if they’re not interested, the content of the message often won’t even be seen. I would suggest you don’t spend too much time on it.

Glasgow

Fact you’ve got about getting no replies on your bio would make me delete and no reply alone tbh

"Fact you’ve got about getting no replies on your bio would make me delete and no reply alone tbh "

To be honest the ones that do get read are normally left like that and not deleted. If they’re deleted then I would personally take that as a reply in itself. The ones that are left read are just a little confusing. Maybe that’s just me

I know you can’t tell if the person behind the screen is a weirdo or not but I’d hope that my profile reads well enough to show I’m just a genuine guy. Appreciate your opinion though.

By *r - Mrs BCouple  over a year ago

scotland

We used to reply to most messages but we have found if you give an inch they sometimes take a mile .

You say politely they are not for you or what you are looking for and they still try to get into a big conversation with lots of questions about your preferences etc . It can be easier to just not reply

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

we try to reply to everyone so to say ... but the odd single male or sometimes one person from a couple will pester us for more messages .... it is best to move on if people have not replied (we get about 60 enquiries a day) x Anne & George

I try to reply if they’ve made an effort to read the profile and say something beyond a one-liner, textspeak or cut and paste.

I make this pretty clear in the profile so feel quite entitled to ignore messages/profiles that don’t appeal.

iPhones have a neat little facility to send a polite reply without typing the whole thing out too which I use a lot.

Rarely had any problems with persistence beyond the odd idiot who doesn’t seem to understand why everyone doesn’t fancy them!

By *cunnylassCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We NEVER reply if we're not interested.This approach has served us well over the years as we rarely get any form of abuse!

M and M

"Fact you’ve got about getting no replies on your bio would make me delete and no reply alone tbh

To be honest the ones that do get read are normally left like that and not deleted. If they’re deleted then I would personally take that as a reply in itself. The ones that are left read are just a little confusing. Maybe that’s just me

I know you can’t tell if the person behind the screen is a weirdo or not but I’d hope that my profile reads well enough to show I’m just a genuine guy. Appreciate your opinion though. "

There's nothing to be confused by though. The site FAQs clearly state no reply = no thanks. I'm not sure why some people find this confusing. It couldn't be any clearer.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

the ladies get hundreds of messages, i would just say move on

The amount of messages women get daily is alot (!) So it isn't easy to reply to every single one.

I usually delete straight away if their profile is empty, no pics or they haven't attached one or If they're not verified or local.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

"They were just not interested. They saw your photos and were not attracted to you. Sorry if being harsh.

I got a nice and polite message from a young man yesterday morning. It was just an introduction, hoping to chat more. Very polite and charming. He attached a body photo. His body shape was exactly the one I am very attracted to, so I replied. We met up in person within a couple of hours.

If I hadn’t been attracted, I probably wouldn’t have replied. In FAB’s etiquette, a no reply means “I am not interested”. People need to understand this instead of overthinking. "

Unfortunately she is right for once

Ps. I don’t message any profiles unless they specifically say they’re seeking single males.

OP, I know it can be frustrating but they don’t owe you a reply. In fact, a non-reply is a reply in itself.

Some women get hundreds of messages and don’t have the time.

Good luck "

exactly this

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most messages from men that I get have had reasonably good effects put into them. But they need to be sent without any expectations that you are owed anything, from the unsolicited contact.

If you truly cannot accept this, then Fab may not be the place where you will be comfortable.

It is all about profile pics and it selling you. Does it trulymark you out uniquely from any other man?

No….. When I’ve sent a ‘no thanks’ they always reply with ‘ can I ask why’……. So I just delete

"No….. When I’ve sent a ‘no thanks’ they always reply with ‘ can I ask why’……. So I just delete "

Can I ask why lol

Familiarise yourself with the site FAQs OP.

Nobody owes you a reply.

They didn't ask you to message them.

You're coming across as havong an entitled attitude

"No….. When I’ve sent a ‘no thanks’ they always reply with ‘ can I ask why’……. So I just delete

Can I ask why lol "

When pork scratchings are on the table

"Familiarise yourself with the site FAQs OP.

Nobody owes you a reply.

They didn't ask you to message them.

You're coming across as havong an entitled attitude

"

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

No. Mainly because I don’t message anyone first!

But as a woman, you have to understand the inbox we have. It is choc full (ish) of folk asking how your day has been, if you’re horny, what you’re wearing, if you’re available to meet now. Never mind the ones who send you their Black Lace (the publisher not the band) version of their hottest sexual fantasy, thinking you’ll be so wet at their words that you’ll offer to drive 5 miles (or 500) to suck them off.

Men most likely get a “wank at mine in 20 minutes?” Kind of message.

It just gets a bit meh. It is nothing personal. It’s just the overall effect of Fab.

Men outnumber women. Women get bogged down.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

We used to reply to most but now we just delete if someone just has cock pics or a blank profile or isn’t our type.

No point replying to say no thanks when a delete or non response says the same.

K

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"They were just not interested. They saw your photos and were not attracted to you. Sorry if being harsh.

If I hadn’t been attracted, I probably wouldn’t have replied. In FAB’s etiquette, a no reply means “I am not interested”. People need to understand this instead of overthinking. "

Completely agree with this. A well crafted profile and a thoughtful message are meaningless if the person doesn't find you attractive. It's how the game works.

» Add a new message to this topic