FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Divine emotions

Divine emotions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I heard anger described as a divine emotion.

How do you view anger?

What is your divine emotion?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Grief...you may have a faith, but sometimes it doesn't help you understand why a person/being is taken away from you

"Grief...you may have a faith, but sometimes it doesn't help you understand why a person/being is taken away from you "

Oh darling, grief is a big one. Be glad for the time you had together, we are all temporary.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anger was the only emotion I knew for so many years & I'd say it's the most powerful of emotions.

"Anger was the only emotion I knew for so many years & I'd say it's the most powerful of emotions.

"

Was any of the anger useful or was it powerful and destructive?

"Anger was the only emotion I knew for so many years & I'd say it's the most powerful of emotions.

Was any of the anger useful or was it powerful and destructive?"

Mostly destructive but always powerful. I seem to relate to anger more than any other emotion

Emotions that cannot be controlled are the most powerful. Pure rage being one of them. A soldier in the heat of battle is said to have a red mist descend upon him and he becomes a 'berserker', completely devoid of anything outside of his sphere of vision at that time. Focussed on killing and oblivious to friend or foe.

I don't believe a woman has the capacity for Pure Rage. She experiences what it is to give life and I don't believe she could take it under such conditions that would provoke Pure Rage.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Emotions that cannot be controlled are the most powerful. Pure rage being one of them. A soldier in the heat of battle is said to have a red mist descend upon him and he becomes a 'berserker', completely devoid of anything outside of his sphere of vision at that time. Focussed on killing and oblivious to friend or foe.

I don't believe a woman has the capacity for Pure Rage. She experiences what it is to give life and I don't believe she could take it under such conditions that would provoke Pure Rage."

What if the mother whose offspring are threatened/harmed?

Mostly destructive but always powerful. I seem to relate to anger more than any other emotion "

I used to be an angry young man but time has tempered me. Experience taught me that if I cannot control or change something then I should not worry over it. Indifference replaced anger in my life and even though I can be described as someone with a short fuse, it is rarely ever lit and I am never drawn to violence as violence is the weapon of the ignorant.

[Removed by poster at 31/01/13 00:12:58]

"Emotions that cannot be controlled are the most powerful. Pure rage being one of them. A soldier in the heat of battle is said to have a red mist descend upon him and he becomes a 'berserker', completely devoid of anything outside of his sphere of vision at that time. Focussed on killing and oblivious to friend or foe.

I don't believe a woman has the capacity for Pure Rage. She experiences what it is to give life and I don't believe she could take it under such conditions that would provoke Pure Rage.

What if the mother whose offspring are threatened/harmed? "

Desperation would be the key emotion driving her I think, but I'm not a woman so I can't answer definitively. Maybe you can. x

p.s. Of course a woman will kill to protect her young, but I still don't believe she'd do it in pure rage. In the back of her mind would be the ultimate goal of rescuing her young from danger. Pure rage wouldn't think of that, only killing.

Mostly destructive but always powerful. I seem to relate to anger more than any other emotion

I used to be an angry young man but time has tempered me. Experience taught me that if I cannot control or change something then I should not worry over it. Indifference replaced anger in my life and even though I can be described as someone with a short fuse, it is rarely ever lit and I am never drawn to violence as violence is the weapon of the ignorant."

I have control over my rage/anger now after a few years of learning to channel it into a positive and use it to drive myself forward.

I've learnt to also find calmness through drawing and 'cough' poetry.

"p.s. Of course a woman will kill to protect her young, but I still don't believe she'd do it in pure rage. In the back of her mind would be the ultimate goal of rescuing her young from danger. Pure rage wouldn't think of that, only killing."

What is it about men, apart from testosterone, that makes them capable of this level of red mist rage? I suppose when we have women fully in combat on the front-line your theory will be tested.

I used to be an angry young man but time has tempered me. Experience taught me that if I cannot control or change something then I should not worry over it. Indifference replaced anger in my life and even though I can be described as someone with a short fuse, it is rarely ever lit and I am never drawn to violence as violence is the weapon of the ignorant.

I have control over my rage/anger now after a few years of learning to channel it into a positive and use it to drive myself forward.

I've learnt to also find calmness through drawing and 'cough' poetry. "

Don't be embarrassed admitting to writing poetry. I write it too and I find it very therapeutic in just leaving the outside world behind for a few hours while I strive to write something perfect (I prefer the challenge of structured poetry that has to conform to style and meter). Try writing a Villanelle and it can be infuriating until you finish it and then it is sublime.

I've learnt to also find calmness through drawing and 'cough' poetry. "

Your anger did serve a positive purpose then. You were led to a creativity you might never have explored but for your anger. I'll have to start a Rusty and Wishy poetry thread one day soon.

Most of mine is pretty dark and morbid but it's one of few ways I have of releasing how I feel. Like my art work aswell ie the chest tat and I also have my own Gravestone tattoo'd to which yes is weird but I like it.

"Most of mine is pretty dark and morbid but it's one of few ways I have of releasing how I feel. Like my art work aswell ie the chest tat and I also have my own Gravestone tattoo'd to which yes is weird but I like it. "

Dark on paper is much better than over someone's face with a fist. Anger always finds a way out, either as rage or depression.

"p.s. Of course a woman will kill to protect her young, but I still don't believe she'd do it in pure rage. In the back of her mind would be the ultimate goal of rescuing her young from danger. Pure rage wouldn't think of that, only killing."

You don't believe that any woman could kill in pure rage, there are many women who are safely locked up in our prisons who have done.

"p.s. Of course a woman will kill to protect her young, but I still don't believe she'd do it in pure rage. In the back of her mind would be the ultimate goal of rescuing her young from danger. Pure rage wouldn't think of that, only killing.

You don't believe that any woman could kill in pure rage, there are many women who are safely locked up in our prisons who have done. "

Think he meant a woman protecting her child wouldn't have the initial feeling of anger. It would be fear and to protect her child, not pure anger

But yes there are many women who do/have killed do to anger.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't believe a woman has the capacity for Pure Rage. She experiences what it is to give life and I don't believe she could take it under such conditions that would provoke Pure Rage."

There has been a lot of research around rage, murder and the difference ways it manifests between genders.

It was largely driven by how many men successfully used blind rage (temporary insanity) as a defence for murder… being pushed and pushed and eventually snapping. Yet women who killed their partners after being pushed and pushed didn’t snap into a blind rage… they were much more focused, patient and planned in their actions. The courts often reading this as being cold and calculated premeditation and the murders often happened hours and even days after the pushing incident.

Women generally are the greater plotters than men…. with the patience to wait weeks for the big sting.

There has been a lot of research around rage, murder and the difference ways it manifests between genders.

It was largely driven by how many men successfully used blind rage (temporary insanity) as a defence for murder… being pushed and pushed and eventually snapping. Yet women who killed their partners after being pushed and pushed didn’t snap into a blind rage… they were much more focused, patient and planned in their actions. The courts often reading this as being cold and calculated premeditation and the murders often happened hours and even days after the pushing incident.

Women generally are the greater plotters than men…. with the patience to wait weeks for the big sting.

"

Does the plotting dilute the purity of the emotion?

Does the plotting dilute the purity of the emotion?"

I doubt that can be answered as a generalised yes or no..... but that mist sure did fucking hang around for a long time with some of them.... and yet they managed to hide it until ready to pounce.

[Removed by poster at 31/01/13 20:35:23]

Divine, is a religious term meaning "god like". I don't think anger is a god like emotion lol.

"Divine, is a religious term meaning "god like". I don't think anger is a god like emotion lol."

The wrath of god?

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Anger is so often the secondary emotion covering hurt and sadness - displaying anger is more acceptable particularly for men than showing upset,

"Divine, is a religious term meaning "god like". I don't think anger is a god like emotion lol."

Have you ever read the Old Testament?

"Anger is so often the secondary emotion covering hurt and sadness - displaying anger is more acceptable particularly for men than showing upset,"

That's how I had thought of it but I am being challenged to think of anger as a primary emotion.

"Divine, is a religious term meaning "god like". I don't think anger is a god like emotion lol.

The wrath of god?"

Ha, that's a stretch. I think something classed as Divine would be something like a miracle or a vision.

Not that I believe in God...

"Divine, is a religious term meaning "god like". I don't think anger is a god like emotion lol.

The wrath of god?"

The gods get angry to.

Read Noah's ark

"p.s. Of course a woman will kill to protect her young, but I still don't believe she'd do it in pure rage. In the back of her mind would be the ultimate goal of rescuing her young from danger. Pure rage wouldn't think of that, only killing.

What is it about men, apart from testosterone, that makes them capable of this level of red mist rage? I suppose when we have women fully in combat on the front-line your theory will be tested."

I don't think everyone in a battle situation gets the "red mist" either. In the second world war lots of soldiers wouldn't kill another man. They recieved desensitization where they were near enough brain washed!

What is it about men, apart from testosterone, that makes them capable of this level of red mist rage? I suppose when we have women fully in combat on the front-line your theory will be tested.

I don't think everyone in a battle situation gets the "red mist" either. In the second world war lots of soldiers wouldn't kill another man. They recieved desensitization where they were near enough brain washed!"

If the red mist clouded every encounter then wars would be even bloodier than they are already.

» Add a new message to this topic