FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time keeping

Time keeping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mber81 OP   Woman 27 weeks ago

visits Paisley, Scot, lives in Preston, Eng

Are you good at doing things in time, getting to places on time, estimating the time something will take?

If yes tell me your wizardry how do you do it?

If no join me in my oh shit sorry I am going to be late club and tell me why you think you are a terrible time keeper?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 27 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Yes I'm a good time keeper and one of my pet hates is bad time keeping

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

Adult with a job and actual responsibilities

By *icecouple561Couple 27 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm a good time keeper. If I have to be somewhere I estimate how long it will take me and allow enough time to get there.

By *ellinever70Woman 27 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I don't understand adults that aren't capable of being fairly organised re time.

We usually get enough practice at it

By *ife NinjaMan 27 weeks ago

Dunfermline

I am. My job revolves around time

By *agnar73Man 27 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Are you good at doing things in time, getting to places on time, estimating the time something will take?

If no join me in my oh shit sorry I am going to be late club and tell me why you think you are a terrible time keeper?"

Usually always on time.

Important things it’s backward planning, when do I need to be there and figuring how long to get there and how long to take to be ready. That way I start early enough to be on time.

Always on time, but sometimes get there too early which I find really annoying. A form of self harm

By *ilvelicker60Man 27 weeks ago

kettering

No wizardry about being on time. Having self respect and respect for others goes a long way

By *imi_RougeWoman 27 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Yes, I always count time backwards, knowing how long I need to get ready.

Say if I need to be somewhere for 12 and it takes me 30 minutes. I need to leave at 11.30, so latest I need to be up is 9.30.

2 hrs to get up, have coffee, shower, dressed, do face and hair.

My god I hate people that are always late!

Portsmouth

Also setting timers on my phone so I don't get distracted!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 27 weeks ago

Southampton

"My god I hate people that are always late! "

Me too !!

I’m awful at time keeping!

I’m trying to be better because I’m always rushing to leave the house causing myself unnecessary stress. I know how annoying it can be waiting on people who don’t show up when they say the will.

Never late. always plan to be half an hour early for anything.

I’d rather sit around for that half an hour, and have some time available for any issues that might have affected my journey, than be late.

By *lirty23Woman 27 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Yes, I always count time backwards, knowing how long I need to get ready.

Say if I need to be somewhere for 12 and it takes me 30 minutes. I need to leave at 11.30, so latest I need to be up is 9.30.

2 hrs to get up, have coffee, shower, dressed, do face and hair. "

I do this too

"Always on time, but sometimes get there too early which I find really annoying. A form of self harm "

See this is exactly what has happened to me this last few weeks.

45 mins early to the airport to pick someone up. 2 hours early to a site visit, an hour and a half early to another site visit, 45 min early to the train station, twice. Last night I was over an hour late but only by the time I wanted to be there no one was waiting for me. 30 mins late to meet a friend. Exactly 1 min late to three internal meetings.

The moment I try to 'be on time' I end up being late.

Maybe I just need to find a better wasting time when I am early hobby. And accept that if noone is waiting for me then it isn't being late.

By *andB130Couple 27 weeks ago

northampton

Never late here. Before we married she told me I must be a good timekeeper because she is. To be fair the Mrs told the truth and still is always ontime

I am reading the replies and realising that firstly I have clearly hit a nerve. And when people say they are on time they often mean they are quite early right?

I am most interested in people who are on time as in noore than 10 min early to where you need to be. Is this because you are going to the same places and so time estimation is easier? Is it different when it is a new place or travelling at a different time of the day?

Sorry to everyone that is upset about my also being late. Noone needs to accept other people being late. That is your choice. I will almost certainly be late for people iny life at some point but I can only assume the people who remain in my life see that I can bring other things to the relationship.

By *wist my nipplesCouple 27 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Has anyone heard of time blindness? It's a relatively new concept to me but one which makes a lot of sense for others I live with!

Mrs TMN x

Portsmouth

I travel most places in town by bus, so I always check the live app as I'm getting ready. Same with trains. So I can adjust my schedule or get a wriggle on!

By *alandNitaCouple 27 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I like to be on time but have a mate who is never ready on time...

Some people just seem to struggle with time keeping.

Nita

"Also setting timers on my phone so I don't get distracted!"

God bless Alexa for me.

By *ealitybitesMan 27 weeks ago

Belfast

I've never owned an alarm clock.

I can wake during the night and know what time it is to within 10 minutes.

I'm always early, never late and have little respect for repeat offenders.

I'm always on Time unless it's genuinely out of my control. Things happen but people being late irks me to the core!

"I am reading the replies and realising that firstly I have clearly hit a nerve. And when people say they are on time they often mean they are quite early right?

I am most interested in people who are on time as in noore than 10 min early to where you need to be. Is this because you are going to the same places and so time estimation is easier? Is it different when it is a new place or travelling at a different time of the day?

Sorry to everyone that is upset about my also being late. Noone needs to accept other people being late. That is your choice. I will almost certainly be late for people iny life at some point but I can only assume the people who remain in my life see that I can bring other things to the relationship. "

I usually get there about 10 minutes early

I just leave myself enough time. Especially if it's hospital appointments

"Always on time, but sometimes get there too early which I find really annoying. A form of self harm

45 mins early to the airport to pick someone up. 2 hours early to a site visit, an hour and a half early to another site visit, 45 min early to the train station, twice. Last night I was over an hour late but only by the time I wanted to be there no one was waiting for me. 30 mins late to meet a friend. Exactly 1 min late to three internal meetings.

Maybe I just need to find a better wasting time when I am early hobby. And accept that if noone is waiting for me then it isn't being late.

"

How do you manage to be so out on your timing

By *T SwingersCouple 27 weeks ago

Brazil

I'm always early but living in a country where it's normal to be an hour or so late.

If there are serious about a time they actually call it English time here

"Always on time, but sometimes get there too early which I find really annoying. A form of self harm

How do you manage to be so out on your timing"

Well this is my question how is everyone else not!? The super early ones were because I have never been to these places before. Google maps gave estimated driving between 2 and 2 hours 50 for one of them at the time I was traveling. So I gave myself 3 hours 15 mins as a buffer to park and get into the office I was going to. It took 2 hours including to find parking

The 30 min late one was because Google maps said about an hour and 15 min drive. I didn't know there was a match on. The traffic was awful and the car park I had selected no longer existed so it took an hour and 45 min.

"I've never owned an alarm clock.

I can wake during the night and know what time it is to within 10 minutes.

I'm always early, never late and have little respect for repeat offenders. "

I have no problem getting up. I have an alarm but usually wake before it around 545am.

"Has anyone heard of time blindness? It's a relatively new concept to me but one which makes a lot of sense for others I live with!

Mrs TMN x"

I have I need to look into this more!

Punctuality is one of my hang ups …

I’m painfully on time. Hate being late and pretty good on estimating how long things take.

By *essiCouple 27 weeks ago

suffolk

"Yes I'm a good time keeper and one of my pet hates is bad time keeping"

Exactly this..

By *ealitybitesMan 27 weeks ago

Belfast

I am used to always being on time for business meetings in places I've never been to or meeting customers and/or arranging delivery times.

I used to be the despatch supervisor for a fleet of 15 HGVs, each of which had to to 30 drops a day.

Customers would ring me for ETAs and I could check their current location and give them an estimate to within 10 mins.

This wasn't a requirement of the job because multidrops are notoriously difficult to predict.

It was just something I was able to do because I've always been a good timekeeper and been able to judge distances and travel times.

I don't mind people being late but I do mind those who are always late and try to pass it off as an endearing quality.

I'm good at time keeping and keeping them updated.

By *edeWoman 27 weeks ago

the abyss

Are they u going to be late again

By *edeWoman 27 weeks ago

the abyss

If you got off here you'd be ready in time

By *wingamajigsCouple 27 weeks ago

Folkestone

Pet peeve of mine (husband) people being late and being late. A is terrible for being late and has no concept of time management.

By *antra MassageMan 27 weeks ago

Old bog road

I hate being late, and can't understand why people can't be punctual. It's a sign of disorganised lifestyle, and lack of respect for others.

But, I'd like to understand why people behave like this.

"Has anyone heard of time blindness? It's a relatively new concept to me but one which makes a lot of sense for others I live with!

Mrs TMN x

I have I need to look into this more!"

Honestly, it makes so much sense. I'm not going to say it isn't infuriating when I'm often late because of others, because it defo is! Understanding why they are terrible at timekeeping does help, though.

Mrs TMN x

By *red333Man 27 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Are you good at doing things in time, getting to places on time, estimating the time something will take?

If no join me in my oh shit sorry I am going to be late club and tell me why you think you are a terrible time keeper?"

I have a sat nav tells me exactly how long it takes to get from A to B

By *oeBeansMan 27 weeks ago

Derby

I used to be a good time keeper until I started turning up 10minutes early to everything, being the first one there, and waiting half an hour for others to turn up.

No people have dragged me down to their level!

By *ouple24669Couple 27 weeks ago

Dundee

Mrs TMN x"

Sounds like someone just made that up to excuse people for being late.

If you’re going somewhere and it doesn’t impact anyone else when you arrive then fine. Otherwise have some respect for others and show up when you say you will.

[Removed by poster at 11/11/23 18:44:49]

Mrs TMN x

If you’re going somewhere and it doesn’t impact anyone else when you arrive then fine. Otherwise have some respect for others and show up when you say you will. "

Have you looked it up?

By *orbidden eastMan 27 weeks ago

london dodging electric scooters

Always have to be on time at the very least half an hour early. If it’s for a social, it’s just good time for a coffee

But if it’s me, I’m taking my sweet time

By *UCKY 69Man 27 weeks ago

norwich

I’m always try my best to be on time … I plan before

I hate beeing late .

By *utterfly64Woman 27 weeks ago

Raynes Park

Hate being late

By *ucka39Man 27 weeks ago

Newcastle

Prefer to be on time and maybe a little bit early so plan ahead. but dislike awaiting on someone who is going to be late... Kills the moment. Dislike plans changed last minute I'd rather not go

By *ellinever70Woman 27 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Mrs TMN x

If you’re going somewhere and it doesn’t impact anyone else when you arrive then fine. Otherwise have some respect for others and show up when you say you will.

Have you looked it up? "

For most adults, a complete inability to be able to be timeous would cause untold problems-work, children, appointments etc.

Surely they'd be really motivated to find strategies that would enable these aspects of their life to go as smoothly as possible

Well, yes.

For anyone who's interested, it can be one aspect of ADHD. And like any other aspect of neurodivergency, people often find strategies to help them deal with other people's expectations. It's not an excuse, but a reason.

Mrs TMN x

By *aiseiMan 27 weeks ago

Birmingham

Yep, usually very good but I get stressed AF if I think I’m going to be late, as I hate being so.

By *weetsmellingtreatsWoman 27 weeks ago

Gloucester

I find lateness rude.

It’s like saying your time is more important than mine as you clearly didn’t mind me having to wait for you.

Nope. I no longer wait for late people.

If I say 9pm you best be there cos 910pm I’m gone.

By *ouple24669Couple 3 weeks ago

Dundee

"Well, yes.

For anyone who's interested, it can be one aspect of ADHD. And like any other aspect of neurodivergency, people often find strategies to help them deal with other people's expectations. It's not an excuse, but a reason.

Mrs TMN x"

Not disputing this is now a “thing” which affects some people but let’s not pretend that 99.9% of peoples lateness is not rudeness and disrespectfulness of others time because that’s exactly what it is.

Not saying no one can ever be late as we’ve all had issues that make us late once in a while but I am speaking about the people (who we all know) that are ALWAYS late….and it’s nothing whatsoever to do with any “condition”.

By *r.Stephen-PickleMan 3 weeks ago

Ends

Amber81

Got excited when I saw this thread

By *ony MannMan 3 weeks ago

Ludgershall

Figure out how long it will take to get there, double it and set an alarm.

It works mostly, but make sure the satnav is correctly set and when you realise you are heading in the wrong direction make sure you actually press send on the text you have written.

Sorry lass, I know the way now.

By *enegadeMMan 3 weeks ago

oxford

Always got to give yourself a ‘safety cushion’ … maps will always tell me how long it takes…so I just set off early …

As for completing things in time… I just think its a little ‘self win’…

By *wist my nipplesCouple 3 weeks ago

"Well, yes.

Mrs TMN x

Not disputing this is now a “thing” which affects some people but let’s not pretend that 99.9% of peoples lateness is not rudeness and disrespectfulness of others time because that’s exactly what it is.

Not saying no one can ever be late as we’ve all had issues that make us late once in a while but I am speaking about the people (who we all know) that are ALWAYS late….and it’s nothing whatsoever to do with any “condition”. "

Been waiting 24 weeks for this response. Now that's what I call late

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 3 weeks ago

District 13

I’m never late and far too often early

Meet at say 1500

Minus travel to destination time 30mins for instance, get ready time 20mins and chill (make sure I’m as good as can be) time 40 mins so start at 1325

By *JB1954Man 3 weeks ago

Reading

Although I am retired. I hate being late for anything. Yes I have been late due to things totally out of my control, Accidents on roads which have meant even though left plenty of time to go somewhere . Being diverted and roads gridlocked .

My last job . The people who were late for shift . Were the ones who lived the nearest to factory. Did not leave leeway in case of accidents, weather etc.

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

Just the way I'm programmed no super chip

By *ust RachelTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Usualky I am an early bird, but I give myself more time than I might need.

If travelling anywhere using the M25, then all bets are off, as I always need more time than I ever thought I needed.

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Don’t do late and never have even if just meeting a friend for a coffee if we say 2pm I will be there 1:50. Think turning up late is height of ignorance.

» Add a new message to this topic