By *ove.2lick OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Worcester

How difficult to say

"thank we are not interested"

After reading messages

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *toC Thats MeWoman 3 weeks ago

Sheffield

Imagine sending that reply to 324 messages. And getting a response back from everyone of them asking why.

By *uliette500Woman 3 weeks ago

Hull

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

That fact people don't reply or delete your message tells you they are not interested.

By *mber and FireCouple 3 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

"Imagine sending that reply to 324 messages. And getting a response back from everyone of them asking why.

"

And then imagine the persistence in ignoring you anyway.

By *idden Gem69Woman 3 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"Imagine sending that reply to 324 messages. And getting a response back from everyone of them asking why.

"

this

By *ullsfan77Man 3 weeks ago

Torquay

It’s almost like going for a job with hundreds of other applicants. Some job adverts even state “If you don’t hear anything, assume you are unsuccessful “.

I would say that for this site and all the others-no reply =not interested. If I had over 300 messages (can but dream) I’d find it difficult to find the time to reply to them all, let alone with any constructive feedback!

By *ockney-JMan 3 weeks ago

Thailand 3 weeks

No response is a response, as harsh as it seems

By *VoluptasxWoman 3 weeks ago

southwest

[Removed by poster at 29/04/24 20:37:20]

By *VoluptasxWoman 3 weeks ago

southwest

"It’s almost like going for a job with hundreds of other applicants. Some job adverts even state “If you don’t hear anything, assume you are unsuccessful “.

I would say that for this site and all the others-no reply =not interested. If I had over 300 messages (can but dream) I’d find it difficult to find the time to reply to them all, let alone with any constructive feedback!"

I think it’s more like getting unsolicited advertising mail through your front door, followed by some marketing guy from Lidl turning up and asking you why you aren’t interested in his waterproof mattress covers and telling you that you’re rude for not saying no thanks.

By *BWLOVER1965Man 3 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Unfortunately like a lot of posters say some get hundreds of messages per day way more men on hear and women have a large choice of men to choose from

Get involved in forums more games etc I know it’s been said before

By *elloWoman 3 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

It's not difficult at all, but why should anyone send that. They didn't ask you to send them a message so why should they respond when they're obviously not interest.

When I get unsolicited post or spam email from companies I don't contact the company and say thank you but no thanks

By *ittlebirdWoman 3 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

Difficult

By *amantha_JadeWoman 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

As difficult and annoying as it would be to have to contact every company that sends you junk mail to tell them you’re not interested. No response is a response.

By *r John WickMan 3 weeks ago

The Continental

It’s not difficult.

BUT……the inexcusable abuse some get for simply saying no thanks, is what makes it easier for the recipient to not respond.

By *mma1973Woman 3 weeks ago

graffiti bridge

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

So if you send 50 messages to women everyday, do you really want 49 messages saying no thanks everyday?

By *heBelladonnaWoman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere Out There In The World

"

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

"

Or worse..

By *ustBoWoman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't get messages but I still don't reply to people I'm not interested in. I don't want to open lines of communication with them because 1 I'm not interested and 2 if I do then tighten my filters again they will be able to bypass those from then on .So I learned early on to not reply.It may seem harsh but it's how I do fab. And it's the same when I send a first message I don't automatically expect a reply from the person just because I sent them a message first.

By *iscean_dreamMan 3 weeks ago

Port talbot

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

No reply tells you exactly that without actually having to write it to everyone!

By *otswoldCurvesWoman 3 weeks ago

Cotswolds

"It’s not difficult.

BUT……the inexcusable abuse some get for simply saying no thanks, is what makes it easier for the recipient to not respond. "

Or the repeated messages .... a week or so later when they've forgotten you already said no thanks.

By *hetalkingstoveMan 3 weeks ago

London

I always think people (men) who want this haven't thought it through.

Do you really want to open Fabs, see you've got ten messages and have them all be "no thanks"? Sounds depressing as fuck, personally.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 3 weeks ago

S. Herts

Ben Kingsley borrowed his lines in Sexy Beast from reading his fab inbox. Facts. Possibly.

The Big Smoke

"Ben Kingsley borrowed his lines in Sexy Beast from reading his fab inbox. Facts. Possibly. "

S. Herts

"Ben Kingsley borrowed his lines in Sexy Beast from reading his fab inbox. Facts. Possibly.

"

Can’t tell how pleased I am someone got the reference.

The Big Smoke

"Ben Kingsley borrowed his lines in Sexy Beast from reading his fab inbox. Facts. Possibly.

Can’t tell how pleased I am someone got the reference. "

I fucking love it

By *hoirCouple 3 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

This seems entitled. You are not entitled to the attention of anyone, ever.

C

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple 3 weeks ago

Sunderland

No response is a no thanks. No one owes anyone any of their time.

Mr

By *lfacatMan 3 weeks ago

Cumbria

In an ideal world everybody who was turning some one down would right a polite thanks but no thank message but this isn’t an ideal world…

No reply is a reply…

All the best

IA

By *inkForLifeCouple 3 weeks ago

North Shields

100 messages a day, 30 seconds per message to read and reply, if you're very fast, who has 50 minutes a day to say no thanks.

By *urvyD-and-J2Couple 3 weeks ago

Leighton Buzzard

We respond to every mesage that had code word witch is in our profile if no code word means they have just looked at photos so get no reply

By *eroLondonMan 3 weeks ago

Mayfair

It's not difficult at all, my saintly young Sirrah. We menfolk are surrounded by some of the finest illiterate women, who seemed to have coalesced within the Fab quagmire of eternal hope and perpetual disappointment.

How on Earth these harpies are unable to even muster a single "no thank you" is beyond me. One or two swipes on the keyboard is all it takes, heck - they might even burn a calorie or two as they move their dainty fingers along the keyboard of regret.

Pay no heed to them. They waste our time, they fritter away lost opportunities of quality shags and classy bonks. They've never had it so good.

graffiti bridge

I used to be on a site that had a polite rejection button, and I still received abuse for rejecting someone. The block button here is amazing as a rejection button

By * man -Man 3 weeks ago

Bath

I always reply back

By *illy IdolMan 3 weeks ago

Somewhere near the middle

"It's not difficult at all, my saintly young Sirrah. We menfolk are surrounded by some of the finest illiterate women, who seemed to have coalesced within the Fab quagmire of eternal hope and perpetual disappointment.

How on Earth these harpies are unable to even muster a single "no thank you" is beyond me. One or two swipes on the keyboard is all it takes, heck - they might even burn a calorie or two as they move their dainty fingers along the keyboard of regret.

Pay no heed to them. They waste our time, they fritter away lost opportunities of quality shags and classy bonks. They've never had it so good.

"

As you say, lazy on the keyboard...

By *olvesGentMan 3 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

If people don't reply then it's pretty clear they aren't interested without having to reply, surely, op?

The Big Smoke

"It's not difficult at all, my saintly young Sirrah. We menfolk are surrounded by some of the finest illiterate women, who seemed to have coalesced within the Fab quagmire of eternal hope and perpetual disappointment.

"

And you said I’m sassy today

By *ot to giggleWoman 3 weeks ago

Coventry

without replying to individual comments on here - you dont take a no thanks because the reply comes back as why.

you dont take a your not my type because the reply comes back as well what is your type and why is it not me.

you dont take im not meeting anyone because the reply comes back as what are you doing on here then.

and comments about women frittering away opportunity because they are on fab although may be said in jest are repeated to our faces when we say no because you have 100 men chasing you and you should be grateful!!

SO accept its a no thanks or its a block or its just deleted - it all means the same - not interested move on

By *lder.Woman 3 weeks ago

Not Local

"I used to be on a site that had a polite rejection button, and I still received abuse for rejecting someone. The block button here is amazing as a rejection button"

We could do with a polite ejection button and blast them out into space.

By *atty CoramWoman 3 weeks ago

Wimbledon

To be fair to the OP - he has assiduously read and responded to every message on this thread thus proving his own theory.

It is only right and just that every woman he contacts does the same...

the same as he has done on this forum post.

Thanks in advance for you kind response op.

By *iscean_dreamMan 3 weeks ago

Port talbot

"I used to be on a site that had a polite rejection button, and I still received abuse for rejecting someone. The block button here is amazing as a rejection button"

Sorry but you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, please rest assured that if a position becomes available in the future you will be contacted

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 3 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Not difficult at all.

graffiti bridge

"I used to be on a site that had a polite rejection button, and I still received abuse for rejecting someone. The block button here is amazing as a rejection button

We could do with a polite ejection button and blast them out into space. "

Yes please

Worcester

So sorry to everyone. It was just a question on forum to talk something. After reading everyone comment it's look like backfired me. Apologies to everyone. I m not angry to any women or any thing it was just question for forum

So sorry and I will send every single person who commented here a sorry message.

Hope u all understand ??????????

By *naswingdressWoman 3 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

https://m.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#noreply

This might help

By *bi HaiveMan 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I used to be on a site that had a polite rejection button, and I still received abuse for rejecting someone. The block button here is amazing as a rejection button

Sorry but you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, please rest assured that if a position becomes available in the future you will be contacted "

Bagsy doggy.......

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 3 weeks ago

North West

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

Why should anyone waste their precious energy on negatives ?

By *uenevereWoman 3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"So sorry to everyone. It was just a question on forum to talk something. After reading everyone comment it's look like backfired me. Apologies to everyone. I m not angry to any women or any thing it was just question for forum

So sorry and I will send every single person who commented here a sorry message.

Hope u all understand ??????????"

I don’t think you need to apologise... this topic comes up regularly.

It's good that you wanted to get people responding but maybe try something more positive or lighthearted next time

By *he turned me GreyCouple 3 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

Entitlement is so 1980's

Mr

By *idden Gem69Woman 3 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"So sorry to everyone. It was just a question on forum to talk something. After reading everyone comment it's look like backfired me. Apologies to everyone. I m not angry to any women or any thing it was just question for forum

Hope u all understand ??????????"

Theres no need to send personal apology messages, its a forum toi can post what you want juat not everyone will have the same opinion as you

By *heBelladonnaWoman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere Out There In The World

Can you not keep in this post?

By *anJenny 181Couple 3 weeks ago

Preston

Maybe we are a bit odd but we like to reply occasionally we don't.

We are all looking to play and you have to be in it to win it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

OP is offering free data input services and messaging 24/7 for those who need it.

Meanwhile, he goes back to Fab terms and conditions/help FAQ, realizing that no reply equals no thanks.

Worcester

Tried to sent my apologies in private to most of u. Few of u already blocked or I m out side age range so please accept my apologies here.

Didn't thought that I will get that kind of response or hurt all of u.

Sorry

By *ed VoluptaWoman 3 weeks ago

Wirral.

"Tried to sent my apologies in private to most of u. Few of u already blocked or I m out side age range so please accept my apologies here.

Sorry"

Don't worry about it. Folk are just jesting with you.

By *partharmonyCouple 3 weeks ago

Ruislip

Why should they bother to put more effort into a reply than most people put into their original message? Most of them just say "Hi" or "hru" or similar. Why should we go to the trouble of hitting reply and typing anything coherent to garbage like that when we've already said in our profile that we're not interested in people who don't have anything interesting to say and we're not looking for single men. This is on our profile already!

Grrr.

By *luffy TailWoman 3 weeks ago

Stockton-on-Tees

When you do tell them you're not interested, all you get is abuse and/or numerous more messages from them

By *amesjohn70Man 3 weeks ago

Biggleswade

"When you do tell them you're not interested, all you get is abuse and/or numerous more messages from them"

Shocking

By *oody BMan 3 weeks ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

"How difficult to say

After reading messages

That fact people don't reply or delete your message tells you they are not interested. "

^ this mate. And on the scale of difficulty, it’s a LOT easier for them to NOT reply.

By *hrimper36Couple 3 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

For us it’s not difficult op and that’s what we did when you messaged but living in France which is VERY clear on our profile we don’t get HUNDREDS of messages like most.

The rules state no reply = no thank you but I’d guess you never read the rules did you.

Best of luck.

T

By *andyfloss2000Woman 3 weeks ago

ashford

Rude not to answer after reading a message! Which is why if I open a message I will allways reply! Hence why most of my messages remain yellow unopened x

By *carlet SeductionWoman 3 weeks ago

Maidstone

It's not difficult, it's just easier not to reply.

By *Four_uCouple 3 weeks ago

from the land of milk & honey

[Removed by poster at 30/04/24 06:28:29]

By *inAndTonic21Couple 3 weeks ago

Merseyside

I don’t mind saying no thank you to decent messages but it is hard to keep explaining why.

By *r-8-BBCMan 3 weeks ago

LONDON

"

Copy and paste

By *Four_uCouple 3 weeks ago

from the land of milk & honey

Welcome to the swinging game. You are going to need a much thicker skin if you are going to survive in this particular pond! It's a tough and harsh place to be at times.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 3 weeks ago

somewhere

"It’s almost like going for a job with hundreds of other applicants. Some job adverts even state “If you don’t hear anything, assume you are unsuccessful “.

I would say that for this site and all the others-no reply =not interested. If I had over 300 messages (can but dream) I’d find it difficult to find the time to reply to them all, let alone with any constructive feedback!"

Think I might use that on my profile "thank you for your application, however if you do not hear back from me, it means you have been unsuccessful"

By *armandwet50Couple 3 weeks ago

Manchester

Copy and paste "

"Copy and paste" still takes time

By *ennylewis2016Couple 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

Even if you just delete, you occasionally get the odd person who turns snotty and says ‘a no thank you would’ve been nice instead of just being rude and deleting.’ You can’t win.

By *irtyDoughnutMan 3 weeks ago

East Grinstead

"Even if you just delete, you occasionally get the odd person who turns snotty and says ‘a no thank you would’ve been nice instead of just being rude and deleting.’ You can’t win. "

That's when you send them the link that says no response is a response it means no! Lol

By *eally_RosieWoman 3 weeks ago

Local to Scunthorpe

I reply to every message that is polite, well considered against my profile, and where the sender has a decent profile, even if it’s to say no thanks.

In reality… that’s only a handful each day, perhaps less.

All one liners, ghost profiles, FAF, not in my preferences, explicit pics, or miles away… go straight in the bin. If they are too ignorant to realise why, that’s not my problem xx

By *sian flowerWoman 3 weeks ago

????

I’ve tried that, replying back no thanks not interested but guys want an explanation instead of graciously backing off. I ain’t got time for that tried it pass.

By *_Mr.K_xMan 3 weeks ago

Worcestershire

I get the frustration OP, but unfortunately this is just the way it is.. as many have said some women/couples get hundreds and hundreds of messages a day... probably with the subject of "hi, how are u?" Or "wanna fuck?" So it'd be physically and mentally exhausting to reply to every single one of those.

Try not logging in to your email for a year and then seeing how full your spam or junk folder is, but then being asked to reply to every single junk message in there.

By *weet and SpiceCouple 3 weeks ago

Around the Midlands

We try and reply to the decent messages but it can be overwhelming at times, so usually some just get missed or binned

By *stwo2023Couple 3 weeks ago

Worcester

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

Why would you want an inbox full of rejection? What good is that going to do you?

By *ablo minibar123Woman 3 weeks ago

"Tried to sent my apologies in private to most of u. Few of u already blocked or I m out side age range so please accept my apologies here.

Sorry"

I doubt you have hurt anyone , they are just disagreeing with you. You haven't caused them pain.

S. Herts

No apology was or is neeed OP. There are many many things in the forums which do need an apology and never get one, this is not one of them.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 3 weeks ago

Leeds

Do you reply to all the spam in your email inbox OP? I mean it's only polite to say no not interested right?

No one asked you to message & no one is entitled to a reply.

No reply - no thank you.

Mrs

By *inglelady2022Woman 3 weeks ago

inverness

Haha yes this happens to me a lot. Then they usually block me when I point that out. It's far easier to delete the message. A polite no often ends up in them asking why I don't find them attractive.

By *ullsfan77Man 3 weeks ago

Torquay

Thankyou for the apology but it was not necessary. In fact, it gave those of us new to this scene a good insight into how some things work. Yes, it can be very frustrating when you type out a number of very carefully crafted messages but a thread like this confirms that the recipient also has 300 more carefully crafted messages that they do not physically have time to read. I also get why you should take a no reply as “no thanks” as you don’t want to open lines of communication with someone who you are not interested in. I do get some no thanks messages but I don’t reply to them as I have taken it that the recipient doesn’t want to talk to me. But I do keep them to serve as a list for me of women not to message again.

By *onameyet2Man 3 weeks ago

chorley

So, as someone said earlier, “no response is actually a response” therefore all of us who receive no responses are actually quite popular , hurrah

By *irthandgirthMan 3 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Fab Etiquette (and rules) is that no response is a response. Which is why you may get a warning if you try to sens another message.

As many ladies will attest though, a simple 'no thank you' can often get a reply of 'but why not'... and on and on. How many times do you want or expect someone to say no thank you in various ways? And this can be the polite version.

Don't take it personally.

By *oyoteUglyWoman 3 weeks ago

somewhere

Even with filters off I get about 10 messages a day and could easily reply to all. I don't as I really don't see the point if I'm not interested.

By *ccasionallyNaughtyWoman 3 weeks ago

Sussex

What does the OP do when the "I'm just doing a quick survey" or "have you recently been injured in an accident?" people ring their mobile? You know, the people that harvest your number from somewhere and ring daily to pester you.

I bet the OP hangs up like the rest of us, and don't engage in a full conversation with someone who is trying every number in the hope that someone will "bite".

Fabs is rather the same.... Men in particular will scattergun every woman in a 50 mile radius in the hope that one might reply...

By *weet LisaTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Crawley

"To be fair to the OP - he has assiduously read and responded to every message on this thread thus proving his own theory.

It is only right and just that every woman he contacts does the same...

the same as he has done on this forum post.

Thanks in advance for you kind response op."

This X100. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Tatty. I will continue reading this thread now with hope and expectation that your response from the OP is forthcoming.

By *irthandgirthMan 3 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Even with filters off I get about 10 messages a day and could easily reply to all. I don't as I really don't see the point if I'm not interested. "

I'm just after where you got those socks...

By *layfullsamMan 3 weeks ago

Solihull

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

No reply is saying that, do you reply to unsolicited post through your letterbox

Think it’s in the t&c’s of the site

A couple replies thanks but no thanks then they’re hit with 20 replies asking why

By *red333Man 3 weeks ago

Dorchester

Its not difficult but what they usually do is block you if they aren't interested

By *he Unknown maleMan 3 weeks ago

Cotswolds

I no longer bother sending messages . It really is a complete waste of time just to be ignored . If somebody wants to meet they will contact me I'm sure

"Its not difficult but what they usually do is block you if they aren't interested "

I hear that 'b' word more than the 'f' word on here. It is a filter for us all.We are not all meant to like each other in this fab world.

By *ild_oatsMan 3 weeks ago

the land of saints & sinners

"How difficult to say

After reading messages "

No reply is … Thank, but no thanks

It’s Fab 101

Time to put on some big boy pants….

By *red333Man 3 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Its not difficult but what they usually do is block you if they aren't interested

I hear that 'b' word more than the 'f' word on here. It is a filter for us all.We are not all meant to like each other in this fab world."

Nope i hear what you're saying and it really is a relief to know you're blocked and don't have to come up with another unique message based on the target profile and add humour and a tastefully done pic

By *emonbuttercreamWoman 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

Oh god, extremely difficult.

By *rivateparts!Man 3 weeks ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I don't get or send random messages anymore.

By *oofer1Man 3 weeks ago

consett

Regretted a few d*unk ones but love a good reply

By *parkle1974Woman 3 weeks ago

Leeds

Not difficult at all, it's all the crap received after it that's the problem.

As the site FAQ says...no reply is a reply.

By * man -Man 3 weeks ago

Bath

Sid fella? I’m sorry I’m not interested. Happy fabbing! x

The Big Smoke

"I don't get or send random messages anymore."

This is a lie… incoming random message alert

For the sake of messages that are not nice ..not interested for that reason instant filter

By *rivateparts!Man 3 weeks ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"I don't get or send random messages anymore.

This is a lie… incoming random message alert "

Ssssshush!

"What does the OP do when the "I'm just doing a quick survey" or "have you recently been injured in an accident?" people ring their mobile? You know, the people that harvest your number from somewhere and ring daily to pester you.

I bet the OP hangs up like the rest of us, and don't engage in a full conversation with someone who is trying every number in the hope that someone will "bite".

Fabs is rather the same.... Men in particular will scattergun every woman in a 50 mile radius in the hope that one might reply... "

This is very irksome

By *achig11Man 3 weeks ago

Manchester

Interesting thread

By *esthetic21Man 3 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I reckon though alot of the time women miss out on decent men when they just have too many messages and do a bulk delete the guy then thinks oh they're not interested and people miss out on potential friends/meetings through no ones fault. If I message someone and I dont get response (usually unread) I just leave it

"When you do tell them you're not interested, all you get is abuse and/or numerous more messages from them"

Even on here

» Add a new message to this topic