Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *till gameMan 2 weeks ago

fox hat

"What does it mean to you?"

Not a lot if you don’t have good health

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

This is deep for this time of night, Mrs NC!

It's a necessity to acquire stuff needed for life and to make life possible/enjoyable. I'm not minded to collect it really.

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple 2 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"One way ticket to freedom "

So you see it as a means to an end?

By *ucka39Man 2 weeks ago

Newcastle

An accessory for fulfillment enjoyment and misery

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What does it mean to you?

Not a lot if you don’t have good health "

True but being in poor health is easier if you have enough money

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"This is deep for this time of night, Mrs NC!

It's a necessity to acquire stuff needed for life and to make life possible/enjoyable. I'm not minded to collect it really. "

I've been thinking about it today, prompted by quite a lot of people seeming to take pride in not spending much.

I don't collect it either be because I don't see the point of it for its own sake

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"An accessory for fulfillment enjoyment and misery "

Misery?

Newcastle

"An accessory for fulfillment enjoyment and misery

Misery?"

Well the happiness never lasts long from enjoyment which turns into misery

fox hat

True but being in poor health is easier if you have enough money"

I suppose it could make it a bit more comfortable, but when your terminally ill, money means nothing

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I suppose it could make it a bit more comfortable, but when your terminally ill, money means nothing "

Money itself doesn't really mean anything in my opinion anyway, its what it can buy that's meaningful.

By *uctifanoWoman 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Money cannot buy the important things in life… health, happiness, love… however it IS the oil in making those things run smoothly. What’s that saying… “I’d rather be a sick rich man than a sick poor man”

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Misery?

Well the happiness never lasts long from enjoyment which turns into misery "

Aww. Like a hangover

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Money cannot buy the important things in life… health, happiness, love… however it IS the oil in making those things run smoothly. What’s that saying… “I’d rather be a sick rich man than a sick poor man” "

Agreed. Everything is a tiny bit easier if you can afford to have the heating on

By *eroLondonMan 2 weeks ago

Covent Garden

A Platinum Site Supporter Pass.

Glasgow

"Money cannot buy the important things in life… health, happiness, love… however it IS the oil in making those things run smoothly. What’s that saying… “I’d rather be a sick rich man than a sick poor man”

Agreed. Everything is a tiny bit easier if you can afford to have the heating on"

Aye exactly, British summers eh lol

fox hat

I suppose it could make it a bit more comfortable, but when your terminally ill, money means nothing

Money itself doesn't really mean anything in my opinion anyway, its what it can buy that's meaningful. "

What can a dying man buy that’s meaningful?

Glasgow

A Platinum Site Supporter Pass."

Thought you had that

Newcastle

Misery?

Well the happiness never lasts long from enjoyment which turns into misery

Aww. Like a hangover "

What's one of those I know my limits

By *hippy57Man 2 weeks ago

Chelmsford

My mate goes on about winning multi millions on lottery,I do the hot picks ,anything a bonus,happy to win from £1 to £250,000 ,I prefer to see others enjoy ,money to me would be to treat others

Glasgow

Money itself doesn't really mean anything in my opinion anyway, its what it can buy that's meaningful.

What can a dying man buy that’s meaningful?"

Deep question but maybe think of someone dying in a third world country for example… that person might be in pain, no clean water, no comfortable bed, no carers, no pain relief and many other things. Dying will never be easy and death IS the great leveller but money can without doubt ease the transition

By *hippy57Man 2 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Yes indeed ,like to think in this day and age that people all over the world should give help to others ,not just money but time

fox hat

Deep question but maybe think of someone dying in a third world country for example… that person might be in pain, no clean water, no comfortable bed, no carers, no pain relief and many other things. Dying will never be easy and death IS the great leveller but money can without doubt ease the transition "

Even though I’m dying , I’m not a selfish man , I always think there are people out there having it tougher than me , I mostly stay cheerful and positive but money can not bring me that alone

By *igharryMan 2 weeks ago

Manchester

Absolutely hate it. Have dreamt of disconnecting from the world and living self sufficient from the land many times.

Alas it’ll probably just remain a dream

Glasgow

Deep question but maybe think of someone dying in a third world country for example… that person might be in pain, no clean water, no comfortable bed, no carers, no pain relief and many other things. Dying will never be easy and death IS the great leveller but money can without doubt ease the transition

Even though I’m dying , I’m not a selfish man , I always think there are people out there having it tougher than me , I mostly stay cheerful and positive but money can not bring me that alone "

I’m sorry to hear that and not belittling ill health or death. I get and did agree that money cannot buy the important things in life further back in the thread but it can certainly smooth a lot of hardship, pain and suffering x

By *ellinever70Woman 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Having enough of it is one less thing to worry about in life

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

The world

Dorchester

"What does it mean to you?The world "
Especially cash

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 2 weeks ago

St Leonards

It means "I am money. A vehicle towards distribution of goods and services, and a shorthand to stimulate innovation. I am worthless without a central authority guaranteeing my value, yet that guarantee itself is premised on the stability of that central authority, itself a premise on unproven ground. Hence money loses value as central authorities lose their stability. I do, in fact, only grow on the Magic Money Tree, which is the material expression of faith in a central authority underwriting my distributable value. I also have little to no relationship with a national deficit in a currency issuing nation, because a national deficit is also a government surplus in currency issuing nations. Private debt, however, I do have a powerful relationship to. Hence QE and Austerity somewhat got my merits upside down, whereas the national debt post-WW2 and the way the printed funds (debt=surplus if invested across the population) built the post WW2 boom years, for Boomers and Xs to enjoy, whereas Millennials and Zs are stuck within the Austerity field of monetary and fiscal policy. Which destroys lives and growth.

I am money. I don't do what you think I do. I am a product of a central authority, given use through populations and markets. But it is not the market that gives me value. It is the distributable goods and services within a connected population, underwritten by a stable central authority.

I am valueless without that.

I am money.

Remember me? You had me once."

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 2 weeks ago

somewhere

The old saying "doesn't bring you happiness" is partly true but also makes life a damn sight easier!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 2 weeks ago

Leeds

Numbers and paper I use in exchange for goods and services, I am a consumer therefore I consume.

The mr

By *ot to giggleWoman 2 weeks ago

Coventry

money - you get stuck in a wheel of making money and wanting to make more money - the more you have the more you spend.

step off that treadwheel is a brave thing to do but so liberating.

i have had lots of money and i have had none. Having none is far easier because you know exactly what you have and where to go.

I can make money I need, i can find little things to do to be rewarded for those jobs to be able to exchange for what i want.

One day we will just have a worth and scan for what we need. ....... too deep?? yea think i been having lessons on Klunge

By *ellinever70Woman 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"money -

Having none is far easier because you know exactly what you have and where to go.

"

I'm not sure those who don't have enough to get by day to day would agree

Dorchester

"It means "I am money. A vehicle towards distribution of goods and services, and a shorthand to stimulate innovation. I am worthless without a central authority guaranteeing my value, yet that guarantee itself is premised on the stability of that central authority, itself a premise on unproven ground. Hence money loses value as central authorities lose their stability. I do, in fact, only grow on the Magic Money Tree, which is the material expression of faith in a central authority underwriting my distributable value. I also have little to no relationship with a national deficit in a currency issuing nation, because a national deficit is also a government surplus in currency issuing nations. Private debt, however, I do have a powerful relationship to. Hence QE and Austerity somewhat got my merits upside down, whereas the national debt post-WW2 and the way the printed funds (debt=surplus if invested across the population) built the post WW2 boom years, for Boomers and Xs to enjoy, whereas Millennials and Zs are stuck within the Austerity field of monetary and fiscal policy. Which destroys lives and growth.

I am money. I don't do what you think I do. I am a product of a central authority, given use through populations and markets. But it is not the market that gives me value. It is the distributable goods and services within a connected population, underwritten by a stable central authority.

I am valueless without that.

I am money.

Remember me? You had me once.""

lol

By *he love catsCouple 2 weeks ago

South Wales

We were happy when we didn't have much and equally happy now we have enough. Health is far more important to us.

Dorchester

Money is the way of paving the things we do having said that we do them why? Is out time on earth worthless or as klunge said do we value ourselves more because of how much we have, say for example I'm wealthy and can afford a £220m yacht is that yacht going to make me any happier than say the guy who can only afford the £2,200 yacht?

Coventry

"money -

Having none is far easier because you know exactly what you have and where to go.

I'm not sure those who don't have enough to get by day to day would agree "

i have been there - i had less than none - i found a way - im not decrying those who are finding life hard. But is all about money. and that treadwheel of wanting and needing more all the time. I have actually walked that path.

Coventry

"Money is the way of paving the things we do having said that we do them why? Is out time on earth worthless or as klunge said do we value ourselves more because of how much we have, say for example I'm wealthy and can afford a £220m yacht is that yacht going to make me any happier than say the guy who can only afford the £2,200 yacht? "

you keep your yacht - i get sea sick on a calm sea

Dorchester

"money -

I'm not sure those who don't have enough to get by day to day would agree

i have been there - i had less than none - i found a way - im not decrying those who are finding life hard. But is all about money. and that treadwheel of wanting and needing more all the time. I have actually walked that path. "

The yellow brick road..... Because because because?

Dorchester

"Money is the way of paving the things we do having said that we do them why? Is out time on earth worthless or as klunge said do we value ourselves more because of how much we have, say for example I'm wealthy and can afford a £220m yacht is that yacht going to make me any happier than say the guy who can only afford the £2,200 yacht?

you keep your yacht - i get sea sick on a calm sea "

lol

By *arden5Man 2 weeks ago

Woking

No matter how much or how little money you have and i have been down both paths

The one thing you can do is take it with you

Dorchester

"No matter how much or how little money you have and i have been down both paths

The one thing you can do is take it with you "

can't you meant can't lol

By *immyinreadingMan 2 weeks ago

henley on thames

Security, comfort, and a good solid starting point for living my life.

I’ve been broke, am pretty comfortable now, financially, and that change didn’t happen by accident … hard work, tough choices, discipline and perseverance, and decent luck along the way.

By *arla SwingerWoman 2 weeks ago

Somewhere

I don't needs lots of money, but enough to get me away from renting would be nice. Enough to live on comfortably but simply, but with a bit extra saved up for emergencies would be even nicer. At the end of my days I'd like enough to cover my own funeral, and a modest lump sum to help my children out.

henley on thames

"We were happy when we didn't have much and equally happy now we have enough. Health is far more important to us."

Amen to that. Health is so important. Money helps to smooth over some of the wrinkles in daily life, but being fit and healthy are the real luxuries

By *esthetic21Man 2 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Sadly we can't live without it.

By *r John WickMan 2 weeks ago

The Continental

A necessary evil.

By *emorefridaCouple 2 weeks ago

La la land

I means a lot, it's what puts the roof over my head and pays my bills. Growing up without it meant hardship and living in a miserable house because of it.

I earn enough that it didn't matter that my kid came home with the sole of his trainer flapping in the wind. I just jumped in the car and went and got him new ones. That to me is a privilege.

By *s2andyou2Couple 2 weeks ago

Borders

Airplane tickets

Mrs

By *allandy64Man 2 weeks ago

Sheffield

Having choices

By *ockney-JMan 2 weeks ago

Thailand 3 weeks

[Removed by poster at 09/05/24 08:34:23]

By *ockney-JMan 2 weeks ago

Thailand 3 weeks

Compare the happiness and contentedness of an average materialistic westerner with a Hindu Sadhu leading an ascetic life and you will see who is truly happy out of the two. Those Sadhus have it right, as far out as it may seem to our western conditioning

By *arshacdTV/TS 2 weeks ago

leeds

"An accessory for fulfillment enjoyment and misery "

Preach!!

By *hrimper36Couple 2 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

Food

Bills

Eating in restaurants.

Not money oriented at all .

T

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What can a dying man buy that’s meaningful?"

Nothing spiritually or emotionally meaningful. Perhaps physical comfort.

By *orl1971Couple 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Was it a millionaire who sang the line ‘Imagine no possessions’.

When you have more than enough it means nothing but when you don’t have any it means everything.

Family, health, happiness, relationships, experiences mean more than material things. That Ferrari is a dream car until you have had a few and then it’s just a car. A dream house just becomes your home. The thrill of material things fades.

fox hat

Nothing spiritually or emotionally meaningful. Perhaps physical comfort."

Thank you for giving me your view, I’m not normally one to be negative about my situation, it was good to write down my frustrations, am back to positive mode today

By *atnip make me purrWoman 2 weeks ago

Reading

It matters if you don't have enough.

henley on thames

"Was it a millionaire who sang the line ‘Imagine no possessions’.

When you have more than enough it means nothing but when you don’t have any it means everything.

Family, health, happiness, relationships, experiences mean more than material things. That Ferrari is a dream car until you have had a few and then it’s just a car. A dream house just becomes your home. The thrill of material things fades. "

… I agree to a point, that it’s easy to become used to what you once considered luxuries. But not completely.

The Ferrari is a good example. For most owners, it’s still their pride and joy, no matter what other possessions they have. No, it’s not the same excitement today as the first time they fired it up, but the fun doesn’t fade completely.

By *2000ManMan 2 weeks ago

Worthing

Something to be used wisely for a rainy day.

By *ora the explorerWoman 2 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"It matters if you don't have enough. "

This

By *BWLOVER1965Man 2 weeks ago

My Own Little World

I’ll tell you when I win euro millions

By *bi HaiveMan 2 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Money?

It's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

By *r.Stephen-PickleMan 2 weeks ago

Ends

some imagined thing that has created so much division and inequality.

By *rHotNottsMan 2 weeks ago

Dubai

A very useful tool if used wisely, but also can be as traction from real joy/happiness.

I think being taught to manage small amounts is very helpful training to manage very large amounts

» Add a new message to this topic