FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No subject line

No subject line

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTable OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

Leeds

What are all the profiles going to do that sat type chicken in the subject line to show you've read the profile.

Very random updates from fab today.

Mrs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Leeds

Say**

By *r John WickMan 2 weeks ago

The Continental

The new demand will be to post pic’s up doing certain things.

“Hold up today’s copy of The Sun, whilst doing a handstand, with an ice pop stuck up your nostrils. Failure to do so and I/we’ll delete and block”

By *ustardChuckerMan 2 weeks ago

Exetershire

Type 'chicken' as the first word in your message?

By *agnar73Man 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

‘Chicken’

Hello random person,

Persuasive paragraph

Name x

Not that difficult?

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 2 weeks ago

London (She/ Her)

Of all the changes the fab inbox desperately needs (ever heard of a search function, fab?), they decided to introduce one that’s totally unhelpful.

Again, feels like it’s a change totally beneficial only from the single male user’s perspective. As a single woman, I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages.

By *oodmessMan 2 weeks ago

yumsville

The next move will be auto replies like computer says no, admin will deal with it, away from my desk for a week, error code 27404, out for lunch, you're my jam, free in 1/2hr, are you exceptional.

By *obilebottomMan 2 weeks ago

All over

There will be a default option set to 'Free now' unless you turn it off

By *ickshawedCouple 2 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages. "

I had someone message me from a thread this morning. The message starts "Reply to forum post "How big is your"". You can see that before you open the message.

By *ayRyuMan 2 weeks ago

Harrogate

"The new demand will be to post pic’s up doing certain things.

“Hold up today’s copy of The Sun, whilst doing a handstand, with an ice pop stuck up your nostrils. Failure to do so and I/we’ll delete and block” "

Got in the handstand but the ice pop melted and blinded me so couldn't get the picture. Damn you!

By *iddlesticksMan 2 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages.

I had someone message me from a thread this morning. The message starts "Reply to forum post "How big is your"". You can see that before you open the message. "

It’s not quite the same as

I want to smash your back doors in or Piss in my arse as a bold introduction to the message is it.

Leeds

"Type 'chicken' as the first word in your message?"

Chicken

Pineapple

Dr martens

Duck

Xylophone

Whatever they ask for.

Mrs

By *zoreanMan 2 weeks ago

Witney

I, for once, love this change, it's annoying having to be the most exceptional person just to be granted a "no" in a reply. At least this way I can cut my time short instead of thinking about a "exceptional unicorn" line to add on the subject.

By *till gameMan 2 weeks ago

fox hat

Adapt and overcome

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

"What are all the profiles going to do that sat type chicken in the subject line to show you've read the profile.

Very random updates from fab today.

Mrs "

thats technology for you constantly doing things that the masses don't want it to do, they never seem to ask, they just do it

By *ittlebirdWoman 2 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"Of all the changes the fab inbox desperately needs (ever heard of a search function, fab?), they decided to introduce one that’s totally unhelpful.

Again, feels like it’s a change totally beneficial only from the single male user’s perspective. As a single woman, I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages. "

100% agree. It’s shit. End of my ted talk..

By *in89Man 2 weeks ago

Bristol

"Of all the changes the fab inbox desperately needs (ever heard of a search function, fab?), they decided to introduce one that’s totally unhelpful.

Again, feels like it’s a change totally beneficial only from the single male user’s perspective. As a single woman, I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages. "

I'm a single male and truthfully I don't see the point in it. Surely all it will do is further increase the attempt to persuade by pic of dick and how magically hard it is for you.... like you girls don't get enough

By *herry delightWoman 2 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I forgot one like it, it makes it easier to navigate and quicker to message.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 2 weeks ago

Reading

At least if it is a response to a forum post that will still be indicated in the message.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 2 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I liked the message header line. Giving them one less step to do when they already bypass the you already messaged this person, this person isn't looking for your category warnings, and failing to bother reading the profile just seems a way to miraculously increase the amount of spam women get in their inboxes.

I wouldn't have thought it was possible to encourage more pointless messages. But they've really pulled it out the hat with this one

By *avinaTVTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Have they also made the profile thumbnails bigger and clearer?

By *avinaTVTV/TS 2 weeks ago

"Have they also made the profile thumbnails bigger and clearer?"

In the search results lists, I mean...

By *heHoneyMonster69Man 2 weeks ago

Warminster

They’ve changed things!

*Groans in autist*

By *odgerMooreMan 2 weeks ago

Carlisle

So now ladies are going to have to read messages rather than see a subject of Cocksnot up yer fartpipe and instantly know its a swipe right!!!

By *ycanNightsMan 2 weeks ago

Workington

Oh ...I didn't realise they'd made a change....wtf was the point in that.

By *imi_RougeWoman 2 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Now it's quicker for them to msg

Hi

Hey

Wuu2

Faf

Great

The Big Smoke

"Now it's quicker for them to msg

Hi

Hey

Wuu2

Faf

Great "

I’m missing the fuck now ones…

By *eeliciouschaosWoman 2 weeks ago

Wherever

If anything, makes it easier to block.

Positive feedback

Leeds

"If anything, makes it easier to block.

Positive feedback "

How does that work? Genuinely curious?

Mrs

By *ed VoluptaWoman 2 weeks ago

Wirral.

I've got to say I don't like it.

I prefer to look at someone's profile before I decide if I want to reply, but now when I click their username it opens the message instead

I'll have to remember to click on their profile pic instead

The Big Smoke

"I've got to say I don't like it.

I prefer to look at someone's profile before I decide if I want to reply, but now when I click their username it opens the message instead

I'll have to remember to click on their profile pic instead "

Same… all those beautiful yellow messages opened

Wherever

Positive feedback

Mrs "

When you click the profile name, like you used before, it takes you straight to the message, instead to the profile, like it was before.

The block button is just there, if the message is vile, you don’t need to open the profile to block, if it makes sense.

By *ou only live onceMan 2 weeks ago

London

Ah, I understand the other thread now...

London (She/ Her)

Yeah, I appreciate most of fab’s money is going to come from single male users and so on that over-simplistic level it makes sense to make their fab- lives easier even if it impacts badly on women’s. But it’s actually shooting themselves in the foot, Fab should be bending over backwards to bring single women in, makes our lives here safe and fun, because more women being here will bring and keep more single men.

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

its not necessarily beneficial to single males either... how are the ladies we are messaging going to know if its a continuation of a chat or the start of one with someone who has never messaged you before?

there are enough single males who arent exactly chuffed about this either, when you take into consideration the many suggested changes that would improve things but are always dismissed

By *ou only live onceMan 2 weeks ago

London

I hadn't thought of that, but just tested it and the first line of my prospective message to you was "reply to forum thread..." so you'll hopefully still be able to zone in pretty quickly, but I appreciate probably less quickly than beforehand.

By *kphooeyMan 2 weeks ago

Finchley

Oh dear, that is no good, I really on the subject line to pique my interest.

London (She/ Her)

Again, feels like it’s a change totally beneficial only from the single male user’s perspective. As a single woman, I find it helpful to see when someone is messaging me in response to a forum thread game, for eg, I can zone in on opening those messages.

I hadn't thought of that, but just tested it and the first line of my prospective message to you was "reply to forum thread..." so you'll hopefully still be able to zone in pretty quickly, but I appreciate probably less quickly than beforehand."

It’s good they have included that line automatically, thank you for testing

The Big Smoke

Is anyone going to start a petition to bring it back?

By *anBerksMan 2 weeks ago

Berkshire

I don’t like it. There, I’ve said it!

By *heeliechairMan 2 weeks ago

Essex

Next thing they will do is refund all the site supporters

Leeds

Positive feedback

Mrs

When you click the profile name, like you used before, it takes you straight to the message, instead to the profile, like it was before.

The block button is just there, if the message is vile, you don’t need to open the profile to block, if it makes sense."

Ah yes I get you now.

Mrs

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Yeah, I appreciate most of fab’s money is going to come from single male users and so on that over-simplistic level it makes sense to make their fab- lives easier even if it impacts badly on women’s. But it’s actually shooting themselves in the foot, Fab should be bending over backwards to bring single women in, makes our lives here safe and fun, because more women being here will bring and keep more single men. "
The site certainly won't have done it on behalf of men its probably something to do with memory or some technical reason

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 2 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Positive feedback "

But being able to block straight from the message is not new,that was already there. That's where i do most of my blocking from

Wherever

Positive feedback

But being able to block straight from the message is not new,that was already there. That's where i do most of my blocking from "

That’s right but now it’s just one click. So - open message, read, block if vile, without a need to look at profile whereas before it was open profile first, open message, respond or block.

Or was it just me

By *esthetic21Man 2 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Oh yea

By *partharmonyCouple 2 weeks ago

Ruislip

I don't see how removing functionality is a step forward. Who exactly was asking for this?

By *z_GoatCouple 2 weeks ago

London

I don't even go to the forums let alone post on it but I totally agree, there are 99 things to sort out and this one is by far the most ridiculous. Someone's subject gives me a clear indication if I should delete their message or not. It serves no practical purpose because some of us prefer people to make an effort on reading our profiles and also on the message they send and the subject was a clear indication.

Get rid of the countless ghost profiles profiles first Fab.

» Add a new message to this topic