FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > MEN!WOMEN...You really should...

MEN!WOMEN...You really should...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *renchbambi x OP   Woman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Make an effort to impress on your first meet!! I personally will always dress to impress you (men or women), regardless of the fact that after our first meet things may not move forward. It is my way of showing you respect for taking the time to meet with me. Yes I am old school and I will not change now!

I am therefore seriously turned off by those who come to meet me and have not made an effort to impress me..I do not ask for much..clean, smelling nice, dressed with clean clothes and wearing the most alluring, sexiest, dirtiest smile....What am I to think if none of the above apply to you? You are not interested and are just killing time till diner time? You are a slob and really don't give a monkey?

Open forum to all Ladies and Gents whether you are straight, gay, bi, TV, TS, CD to say what tilts the scale in the right direction for you!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im with you on that

Ditto here....should always make an effort to look and smell nice

[Removed by poster at 01/04/13 18:11:51]

I scrub everywhere for a first date. Sometimes I scrub a little too hard, and think "screw it, I'll stay in"!

Need to know basis

"Im with you on that "

Need to know basis

"I scrub everywhere for a first date. Sometimes I scrub a little too hard, and think "screw it, I'll stay in"!

"

Lmaooooooo!! Don't saty in!!

Need to know basis

"Ditto here....should always make an effort to look and smell nice "

Mmmmm My kind of girl!

"Ditto here....should always make an effort to look and smell nice

Mmmmm My kind of girl! "

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

I always make my first meet in a swimming pool .

what is dressed to impress tho?

Everyone has their own idea on that

I get really put off by guys who wear trainers, I hate them with a passion and think they shouldn't be worn outside a gym, yet loads of guys I meet turn up in trainers and probably think they look great, track suits are the same, or jeans and a trackie top, I just hate the look and I think they look like a chav on a night out with his mates, I did meet a guy once who had a tracksuit and trainers on and I knew as soon as I clapped eyes on him it wasn't going anywhere, when he asked me why I wasn't interested I was honest with him and he told me he had bought the tracksuit new for our meet, so he obviously had made an effort even tho he looked like he'd just turned up in his round the house slob out gear and it still put me off

So I think all because someone may look like they havnt made an effort that does not mean they havnt

I keep myself clean and bath/shower regularly personal hygiene is top of my list and would expect nothing less on a first meet. Finger and toe nails trimmed and shave my bits very important

Doesn't matter where I am going on what I am doing, I always dress to impress, I like to look good and it gives me pleasure that it is appreciated

well I like to look nice 24/7 not just on a date .. I do my hair and things every-day .. I get offers at the super market ,And men who clean my car. lol

"what is dressed to impress tho?

Everyone has their own idea on that

I get really put off by guys who wear trainers, I hate them with a passion and think they shouldn't be worn outside a gym, yet loads of guys I meet turn up in trainers and probably think they look great, track suits are the same, or jeans and a trackie top, I just hate the look and I think they look like a chav on a night out with his mates, I did meet a guy once who had a tracksuit and trainers on and I knew as soon as I clapped eyes on him it wasn't going anywhere, when he asked me why I wasn't interested I was honest with him and he told me he had bought the tracksuit new for our meet, so he obviously had made an effort even tho he looked like he'd just turned up in his round the house slob out gear and it still put me off

So I think all because someone may look like they havnt made an effort that does not mean they havnt "

I am not keen on trainers either, don't mind pumps...but one guy I met ages ago turned up in his football kit, not even clean at that

"I keep myself clean and bath/shower regularly personal hygiene is top of my list and would expect nothing less on a first meet. Finger and toe nails trimmed and shave my bits very important "
What about subsequent meets

"well I like to look nice 24/7 not just on a date .. I do my hair and things every-day .. I get offers at the super market ,And men who clean my car. lol "

Same here Jo

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

always make an effort, extra special effort for a meet - even just for a social - nothing like a bit of a tease.

Clean, tidy, nice shoes and well turned out.

Need to know basis

"well I like to look nice 24/7 not just on a date .. I do my hair and things every-day .. I get offers at the super market ,And men who clean my car. lol

Same here Jo "

I second...errrr third that!

Need to know basis

"always make an effort, extra special effort for a meet - even just for a social - nothing like a bit of a tease.

Clean, tidy, nice shoes and well turned out. "

Its a question of self respect too is it not?

Need to know basis

"

So I think all because someone may look like they havnt made an effort that does not mean they havnt "

Great conclusion...and I agree 100%!!

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"well I like to look nice 24/7 not just on a date .. I do my hair and things every-day .. I get offers at the super market ,And men who clean my car. lol "

Is that buy one get one free? ?

I always make the effort...

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I cant believe people turn up without making an effort. I want to be impressed so I will make an effort too, always.

What? You mean I've got to go to Decathlon's for the second time in three years and buy ANOTHER new T-shirt???????

Flippin eck, this swinging lark is bit bloomin dear!!

You'll be telling me I've got to update my 1976 original bottle of Brut33 next! That's been a damned good bird-puller over the years, that has....

(Only kidding..... in case any French people are reading....)

No-one is actually going to post on here that they don't bother washing and put on their old clothes that they do the gardening in though are they.

I dress the way I feel happy with. I don't wear make up every day for work but I do when I'm going out in the evening, and of course my clothes are more elegant in the evening than daytimes. We mainly go to clubs and there tends to be a dress code so I haven't found the track suit or football kit in evidence there.

guess its down to the person you are lol

some people do think theyve dressed and scrubbed up for the occasion

not gonna toot my own horn but ive always looked after my appearance and i dress well every day regardless

ive cared since i was a kid so its kinda second nature and just the norm

Make the effort for yourself......

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"No-one is actually going to post on here that they don't bother washing and put on their old clothes that they do the gardening in though are they.

I dress the way I feel happy with. I don't wear make up every day for work but I do when I'm going out in the evening, and of course my clothes are more elegant in the evening than daytimes. We mainly go to clubs and there tends to be a dress code so I haven't found the track suit or football kit in evidence there. "

Need to know basis

"What? You mean I've got to go to Decathlon's for the second time in three years and buy ANOTHER new T-shirt???????

Flippin eck, this swinging lark is bit bloomin dear!!

You'll be telling me I've got to update my 1976 original bottle of Brut33 next! That's been a damned good bird-puller over the years, that has....

(Only kidding..... in case any French people are reading....) "

OMG 'brut 33'!! memories of a whole year 'baby sitting'an 18 YO boy down in Surrey!!! Was it you??

Need to know basis

[Removed by poster at 01/04/13 20:29:05]

Need to know basis

"No-one is actually going to post on here that they don't bother washing and put on their old clothes that they do the gardening in though are they.

I dress the way I feel happy with. I don't wear make up every day for work but I do when I'm going out in the evening, and of course my clothes are more elegant in the evening than daytimes. We mainly go to clubs and there tends to be a dress code so I haven't found the track suit or football kit in evidence there. "

This is not about one's hygiene, it is a question whether you as a man/woman will make an effort to try an impress the person you are meeting for the first time. I was Not referring to Clubs..only social meets! Sorry if I was not clear enough!

I think you should always dress smart/ casual even if you only going to meet friends and not smelling like a skunk is always a must

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Make an effort to impress on your first meet!! I personally will always dress to impress you (men or women), regardless of the fact that after our first meet things may not move forward. It is my way of showing you respect for taking the time to meet with me."

FrenchBambi has genuine class

By *leasurexxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Think sometimes its not about the effort everyone has there own style..i love a man in a sexy pair of jeans and a t shirt that shows off there gorgeous body and strong arms....

Must smell delish tho too

Need to know basis

"Make an effort to impress on your first meet!! I personally will always dress to impress you (men or women), regardless of the fact that after our first meet things may not move forward. It is my way of showing you respect for taking the time to meet with me.

FrenchBambi has genuine class "

And you saw me in my bikers' gear!! Wow.. now that is a true compliment from a genuinely respectable man!!

I dress the way I feel happy with. I don't wear make up every day for work but I do when I'm going out in the evening, and of course my clothes are more elegant in the evening than daytimes. We mainly go to clubs and there tends to be a dress code so I haven't found the track suit or football kit in evidence there.

This is not about one's hygiene, it is a question whether you as a man/woman will make an effort to try an impress the person you are meeting for the first time. I was Not referring to Clubs..only social meets! Sorry if I was not clear enough! "

No need to apologise, people will answer how they wish and it does tend to go off on tangents at times.

In answer to you then, no I suppose I don't dress to try and impress someone per se, I dress to please myself. I think from my profile I give an impression of the kind of style I'm into. If someone was wishing to meet a woman wearing thigh high boots, a mini skirt and a boob tube then I probably wouldnt impress them by turning up in the dresses I like. I don't dress to try and fit in with what someone else wants and neither do I expect that off them. I prefer people to be at ease and confident within their own style.

I'd expect them to turn up as they do on a normal night out.

I agree with what NaughtyNymphos said in that someone who turns up in a tracksuit might feel great and dressed up in that. I've never actually met anyone whose clothes were a dealbreaker so I can't add any more than I have.

How I prepare myself for my meets is my own business.

I certainly would not be so bold to insist everyone else should do the same!

Need to know basis

I am once again 'lost in translation'! I never implied that anyone should dress according to anyone's likes or dislikes. I am happy to read that most people will turn up in whatever gear they feel is a representation of themselves, that is how it should be xx if one has a strong feeling about how the other person dresses and that's what they go by to move forward or not, its their decision. But please do not tell me that what the other person wears, how he/she smells/looks/talks/behaves etc.... does not matter to you...that would be a lie! I know....I know.... Get the machine guns out! Shoot me down but I am sticking to my gums because I am true to myself! because that is who I am.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i think you should prepare as you would like the the person meeting you to prepare. its only etiquette and courtesy

I always make sure i am freshly showered and have some nice fragrance on as well as having nice fresh breath and clean clothes regardless of if its a social or play meet.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I'm too unpretentious to "dress to impress". But I will make an effort to look presentable, and not like I just came from a hike in the woods. I prefer casual attire, but avoid jeans and a T-shirt, as a bit too casual. Attention to personal hygiene is incredibly important. I expect the same of the woman. Unless we're going somewhere fancy (which is unlikely on a 1st meet), if she dresses like a peacock, she may not be my type. I prefer more down-to-earth, like me.

I had one guy turn up here looking like Jim Royle right down to what looked like tomato sauce stain on his top and smelling horrid like he hadnt washed for a week or more

End of meet right there xx

Im always clean & well turned out,out of work clothes atleast meet or not.its called self pride lol

I wear track suits every day for my job, I still try to look nice, smart & presentable.

However on a meet I enjoy putting on a shirt & trousers. I always shower & shave in all the right areas, my nuts are the same as my head (don't get confused & call me a dickhead!).

A spray of deodorant all over, Calvin boxers & a splash of 1 million. I think I look & smell good.

If I've gone to the effort I would expect the same with whomever I'm meeting. If not then you can understand why some people don't get a second chance!

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"I had one guy turn up here looking like Jim Royle right down to what looked like tomato sauce stain on his top and smelling horrid like he hadnt washed for a week or more

End of meet right there xx "

no need to be horrible id just eaten a burger didnt realise i was wearing half of it

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

dress to impress is the only way for me.We don't do afternoon socials but eveningmeet in a pub.Dress/skirt,stockings and heels always.Hubby smart and shoes,not trainers

Clubmeet:i never wear a towl even in a wetclub!

Swingesrs who don't make an effort are not our cup of tea.

(susie)

"..., how he/she smells/looks/talks/behaves etc.... does not matter to you...that would be a lie! I know....I know.... Get the machine guns out! Shoot me down but I am sticking to my gums because I am true to myself! because that is who I am. "

How someone smells/looks/talks/behaves is nothing to do with the clothes or dressing to impress. You made a point about it being nothing to do with hygiene. All those things are very important to me and would certainly make a difference.

A lot of the guys I've met in one on one meets have worn suits, the others have worn smart casual. All of them smelt good and were groomed. I've never had anyone turn up looking scruffy, dirty clothes, unkempt etc, but that again would move into the realm of hygiene.

As I said previously, I meet most people via clubs and the clubs I attend have a strict dress code.

The one rule I do stick by is the garlic rule. I cannot stand the smell and taste or garlic and that would be a dealbreaker for me because it makes me heave and I can't bear people to be neaer me who've been eating it.. That person could be wearing an Armani suit and I still couldn't. But again that's nothing to do with the clothes.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I always make a point of turning up for my meets butt naked, that addresses any dress issues

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I don't mind casual wear but do insist on personal hygiene. I usually wear a nice dress, heels, stockings, nice undies. However, I have had a number of guys ask if I'll wear kinky clothes on a first meet. I never do for two reasons. One: I may not fancy him in the flesh so its easier to say no if its not all on display. Two: I live in a small avenue and when I open the front door I don't need my neighbours able to see me in crotchless knickers!

I always make an effort to look nice. Just the way I am

Am always freshly showered, clean shaven and dressed smart or smart caaual for every meet not just the first little effort kills no one

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Personally I do a lot of my meets in the daytime at home. I'd feel like such a tit getting into full on corset etc and killer heels to then sit on the sofa and await a knock on the door.I've reached a sort of compromise by wearing a nice basque or sexy undies along with stockings and suspenders, under a pretty dress of some sort. But then depending on the person I am meeting I have been known to go with a pair of nice jeans that I know make my bum look good, with a sexy low cut top, in order to tease whilst moving around the kitchen making a coffee lol. Of course no matter how I am dressed I am always clean and shaved etc.

I have, by request, opened the door wearing nothing but a sarong wrapped around me for a meet - each to their own!

"I had one guy turn up here looking like Jim Royle right down to what looked like tomato sauce stain on his top and smelling horrid like he hadnt washed for a week or more

End of meet right there xx "

Really lol some people surprise me lol

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

End of meet right there xx

Really lol some people surprise me lol"

I had one who absolutely reeked of booze. Met in a pub. He turned up in a taxi as he had just lost his licence due to driving over the limit. He wondered why I turned him down! And he was shorter than me in heels though his profile had said he was 6 feet.

» Add a new message to this topic