FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PTSD Ross Kemp

PTSD Ross Kemp

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

presenting a programm on soldiers who have come back from theatre, traumatised. On right now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

its like the tv times in here tonight

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

have seen similar programmes before and it is quite upsetting to watch but on occasions quite inspirational as well ..I have a lot of respect for all the military

By *hris148Man  over a year ago

Channel?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Having suffered with PTSD myself (and still receiving treatment) I find it hard to watch these shows. Ross is great though and does loads of work for H4H. I can't help but respect the guy...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

were I religious I would pray that the current support is better than it was post the FI conflict..

the numbers are pretty shocking..

Sat watching it now and thinking of some of my great mates bringing tears to me thinking of some past times

I found it very insightful and sad at the same time. Ross Kemp comes across well and deals with the poor guys in a sensitive way. Still... so sad that some of these guys (and women) are scarred for life.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

people are very resourseful in all kinds of situations .. the human spirit and a resolute attitude gets you through at times ...ive recently lost the use of an arm and been advised it is probably permanent .. cried dor about 10 minutes and then realised that this wont achieve anything and then came up with a game plan that is actually practical

"people are very resourseful in all kinds of situations .. the human spirit and a resolute attitude gets you through at times ...ive recently lost the use of an arm and been advised it is probably permanent .. cried dor about 10 minutes and then realised that this wont achieve anything and then came up with a game plan that is actually practical "

Sounds like you are very practical and a survivor - I do wonder though re PTSD whether that is more about what the soldiers watched and did than about their own physical injury?

"people are very resourseful in all kinds of situations .. the human spirit and a resolute attitude gets you through at times ...ive recently lost the use of an arm and been advised it is probably permanent .. cried dor about 10 minutes and then realised that this wont achieve anything and then came up with a game plan that is actually practical

Sounds like you are very practical and a survivor - I do wonder though re PTSD whether that is more about what the soldiers watched and did than about their own physical injury? "

For me it was a combination of things. I saw a lot of action between 1999 and 2006 from Sierra Leone, Iraq and also Afghanistan.

The final straw was getting blown up in a mortar attack, I was wounded and saw a couple of mates killed and badly hurt.

Took me a very long time to get to grips with it and still have moments of anxiety.

The care I received was exemplary while I was under the care of the army, not so good once I hit civvy street though...

"people are very resourseful in all kinds of situations .. the human spirit and a resolute attitude gets you through at times ...ive recently lost the use of an arm and been advised it is probably permanent .. cried dor about 10 minutes and then realised that this wont achieve anything and then came up with a game plan that is actually practical

Sounds like you are very practical and a survivor - I do wonder though re PTSD whether that is more about what the soldiers watched and did than about their own physical injury? "

You are absolutely correct it has nothing to do with physical injury, although someone with a physical injury could suffer PTSD along side the injury.

I have Chronic PTSD and I'm actually on Day2 of a 6 week programme with Combat Stress. They use CBT to help veterans deal with the disorder.

Civilians clearly can suffer PTSD as well if for example they have been involved in an accident or house fire etc. However where the civilian may have suffered one traumatic experience the veteran more than likely has gone through several over the course of many years.....that is what makes it more complex to treat. Veterans also suffer with the constant state of Hyper Vigilence and Hyper Arrousal which is symptomatic of the disorder as well.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Sounds like you are very practical and a survivor - I do wonder though re PTSD whether that is more about what the soldiers watched and did than about their own physical injury?

You are absolutely correct it has nothing to do with physical injury, although someone with a physical injury could suffer PTSD along side the injury.

I have Chronic PTSD and I'm actually on Day2 of a 6 week programme with Combat Stress. They use CBT to help veterans deal with the disorder.

Civilians clearly can suffer PTSD as well if for example they have been involved in an accident or house fire etc. However where the civilian may have suffered one traumatic experience the veteran more than likely has gone through several over the course of many years.....that is what makes it more complex to treat. Veterans also suffer with the constant state of Hyper Vigilence and Hyper Arrousal which is symptomatic of the disorder as well. "

Good luck with your treatment I know a few that have gone through it and it's been a great success

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Channel?

"

I was more of a Blue Stratos man maself

» Add a new message to this topic