FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are good manners becoming a thing of the past

Are good manners becoming a thing of the past

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

This was something instilled in me as a child and something I've held onto all my life but more and more I am seeing just how damn right rude people are becoming.

Its easy to blame kids, but I see an amount of rudeness in some adults.

Just basic things like holding a door open for someone, saying hello to someone in the morning going into work or even at work moving out of someone's way if they are carrying something heavy but no some people would sooner walk over the top of you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree wholeheartedly you open a door for someone and they walk through as though you are invisible I usually say the word you are looking for is Thank You

the worst i have seen recently is a group of uni students in a full lift when a disabled girl wanted to use the lift they said "lifts full"

fully disgusted!!

Adults are terrible for it. Some nice respectful people but most are just downright rude.

manners and politeness cost nothing so why not use them i say

"the worst i have seen recently is a group of uni students in a full lift when a disabled girl wanted to use the lift they said "lifts full"

fully disgusted!!"

This actually wouldnt have troubled me as i would not want to be treated any differently to anyone else, Id just have waited till it came back down again

i would also say that but its a disabled lift and the building is 3 floors not much of a trip up the stair for young fit uni students

my older sisters ill mannered always has been, if another woman came to our house she would ignore them and she would watch television or do a crossword puzzle at the dinner table, or even worse she would be rude, agressive and insult them.

I always think its a bit rude to keep the televison on when you have visitors, its as if your not bothered about seeing them.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

I still hold doors open for people...let elderly on bus before myself..say please

and thankyou ..but sadly some parents morals towards their own kids is a disgrace. .. where have things gone wrong

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

You say it is easy for kids not to have manners, the amount of times I have let a family through a doorway only to have the adults walk past me and the child t say thanks. It is nice to know the kids have manners. Could this be due to the general lack of respect people have for each other.

its the world we live in.

everyone is about themselves and no one else.

rush rush rush i havent got time to say thankyou, its truly pathetic.

have always had manners and lack of them really annoys me.

but you know worse..

making me look a cunt for actually insisting others have them.

proof in point.

waiting for cashpoint.

me and an aul girl behind me.

3 cash machines.

3rd one was out of order.

2nd one became free, so i moved in

1st one then did, and out of nowhere a woman with 2 kids went to use it.

i said 'excuse me, that lady was behind me in waiting'

and the aul girl says 'no no, dont worry, i dont mind'

so now i look like a petty cunt for bringing it up.

sometimes wish i didnt bother

its true , im old fashioned , about opening doors , also giving my seat on the bus or the tube , i hate it when you see older lady, pregnant or with a child , and men sit there i once got up to give a pensioner my seat and a guy jumped on it , when i explined i did it for the old person , hios answer was , I PAID MY TICKET ,SO IM ENTITLED TO A SEAT, my anser , was get up or i will serarate you from your breathe , it worked , but what a dick head

"manners and politeness cost nothing so why not use them i say "

"its true , im old fashioned , about opening doors , also giving my seat on the bus or the tube , i hate it when you see older lady, pregnant or with a child , and men sit there i once got up to give a pensioner my seat and a guy jumped on it , when i explined i did it for the old person , hios answer was , I PAID MY TICKET ,SO IM ENTITLED TO A SEAT, my anser , was get up or i will serarate you from your breathe , it worked , but what a dick head "

ah yes, lovely polite manner of dealing with an awkward situation

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

I always try to be polite and hold doors etc. But its often not noticed. I just say your welcome. Often to be met by a blank stare. And often its the younger people who say thank you

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

I've been working I'm Portsmouth the last couple of weeks.

we should all aspire to their standards,of politeness,and manners.

To say I'm impressed,would be a massive understatement.

they are the very very nicest people.

» Add a new message to this topic