FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anything for yo cupcake

Anything for yo cupcake

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Do you think we stereotype in terms of accents? For example it has been suggested that people fro Birmingham sound thick...It got me thinking with watching the advert that uses the opening title of this thread. I quite like the Black Country lingo..Do you think if people have a "well to do accent" they go further in life?? I don't believe that as no matter where you are from you can achieve anything...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

God I hate that advert. I have to turn over for a minute so I don't have to watch it. It goes right through me. Horrible!!!

By *wbbabeWoman  over a year ago

clacton

Yeah I bloody hate that advert

On the whole I think accents add a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to people, but there have been times when I've been happy to be able to stop listening to a few

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i like the black country accent although that advert does my head in, mainly because my nephew think he can speak a different language now so quotes it all the time lol

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

"Yeah I bloody hate that advert"

me too

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

"Do you think we stereotype in terms of accents? For example it has been suggested that people fro Birmingham sound thick...It got me thinking with watching the advert that uses the opening title of this thread. I quite like the Black Country lingo..Do you think if people have a "well to do accent" they go further in life?? I don't believe that as no matter where you are from you can achieve anything... "

I get the cupcake thing every day at work.

I am actually a yammer but accept it as obviously our office isn't educated in the difference.

I don't have a well to do accent but one day I do hope to achieve 2 goals in life. Breathing through my ears and getting a bigger penis without surgery

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

had an australian friend stay over once, they said they have never known a country, with such a small land mass, have so many regional accents.

very true when you think about it

"Do you think we stereotype in terms of accents? For example it has been suggested that people fro Birmingham sound thick...It got me thinking with watching the advert that uses the opening title of this thread. I quite like the Black Country lingo..Do you think if people have a "well to do accent" they go further in life?? I don't believe that as no matter where you are from you can achieve anything...

I am actually a yammer but accept it as obviously our office isn't educated in the difference.

I don't have a well to do accent but one day I do hope to achieve 2 goals in life. Breathing through my ears and getting a bigger penis without surgery "

Nutter!!!!

I can not bare that advert it makes me cringe every time it hear it.

I don't even know if it's made up or not because I've never ever heard anyone speak like that

Great Wyrley

"i like the black country accent although that advert does my head in, mainly because my nephew think he can speak a different language now so quotes it all the time lol"

Ahem, abinya wench

(translated in to 'well hello the fine vixen' for those that don't understand black country )

I speak quite well ...posh actually

Accents only give character....people shouldn't be stereotyped because of them

"I can not bare that advert it makes me cringe every time it hear it.

I don't even know if it's made up or not because I've never ever heard anyone speak like that "

It's meant to be those from Dudley...

evesham

"i like the black country accent although that advert does my head in, mainly because my nephew think he can speak a different language now so quotes it all the time lol

Ahem, abinya wench

(translated in to 'well hello the fine vixen' for those that don't understand black country )

"

ahhhh i used to have an FB who called me wench lol

Great Wyrley

"Do you think we stereotype in terms of accents? For example it has been suggested that people fro Birmingham sound thick...It got me thinking with watching the advert that uses the opening title of this thread. I quite like the Black Country lingo..Do you think if people have a "well to do accent" they go further in life?? I don't believe that as no matter where you are from you can achieve anything...

I don't have a well to do accent but one day I do hope to achieve 2 goals in life. Breathing through my ears and getting a bigger penis without surgery

Nutter!!!! "

For the record I am a 'nutter' that has a penchant for home made apple crumble cough cough hint hint

By *aul.J.JMan  over a year ago

Telford/North West

That advert does my nut in.......suppose it's a successful one though as it gets people talking so the advertisers have done their job right.....

as for making us lot sound thick.....well its open to debate slight difference in dialect in different areas in a reigon can make a big difference

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I hope it's an exaggerated accent - the cupcake one.

Great Wyrley

"i like the black country accent although that advert does my head in, mainly because my nephew think he can speak a different language now so quotes it all the time lol

Ahem, abinya wench

ahhhh i would love to have an FB who called me wench lol"

Edited the typo for you!

"I can not bare that advert it makes me cringe every time it hear it.

I don't even know if it's made up or not because I've never ever heard anyone speak like that

It's meant to be those from Dudley... "

I've met and heard a fair few people in my life but can honestly say I can't ever have met anyone from Dudley. I'm glad really cos however nice they may be of they spoke like that I may just of had to walk away

I absolutely hate that advert, and see it as personally offensive.

Although I don't speak like that, I am from Brum originally and am so angry that they think it's ok to portray the accent in that way....

Nutter!!!!

For the record I am a 'nutter' that has a penchant for home made apple crumble cough cough hint hint "

It's chocolate fudge cake this week...I never eat it friends come round and eat it lol

evesham

"I absolutely hate that advert, and see it as personally offensive.

Although I don't speak like that, I am from Brum originally and am so angry that they think it's ok to portray the accent in that way....

"

but the brummy accent is not the black country accent - i nearly got booted out of chams for saying it was once

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Lenny Henry is from Dudley, Fank Skinner is from nearby Warley, and they don't speak like that.

Neither do I.

That advert sounds like a cross between a Brummie and Yamyam.

I'm from Brierley Hill

evesham

[Removed by poster at 28/02/14 21:16:54]

Great Wyrley

Nutter!!!!

For the record I am a 'nutter' that has a penchant for home made apple crumble cough cough hint hint

It's chocolate fudge cake this week...I never eat it friends come round and eat it lol"

Wow heaven!! Baking that changes each week!! Love it!!

One day I will have friends.......................

Nutter!!!!

It's chocolate fudge cake this week...I never eat it friends come round and eat it lol"

Love chocolate fudge cake

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Lenny Henry is from Dudley, Fank Skinner is from nearby Warley, and they don't speak like that.

Neither do I.

That advert sounds like a cross between a Brummie and Yamyam.

I'm from Brierley Hill

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

The mention of that dreadful advert made my head explode. What was the question again?

By *artinichilled1TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The people who did this advert should be shot!lol.

Nutter!!!!

It's chocolate fudge cake this week...I never eat it friends come round and eat it lol

One day I will have friends......................."

Ya think??

Im not originally from england and absolutely love the varied and colourful different accents you hear here, I think the stereotyping works both ways I have seen people who are incredibly intelligent judged as 'thick' because they have what are deemed 'regional' accents and I have met wonderful, down to earth, kind people who are sneered at as being 'stuck up' for having 'well spoken' accents

you called?

"The mention of that dreadful advert made my head explode. What was the question again?

"

Thankfully Cheeky's onto cake now instead

Great Wyrley

Nutter!!!!

Ya think?? Can I please be your friend? You can have a slice or portion of whatever I am baking anytime "

Awww thanks hun

Nutter!!!!

Ya think?? Can I please be your friend? You can have a slice or portion of whatever I am baking anytime

Awww thanks hun "

Cheeky

It's a badly done accent, sounds neither Brum nor Yam-Yam.

But yes to answer your question I think a Brum/Black Country accent is generally received as stupid sounding.

As a Manc living here for 14 years I can confirm that your Brummie/Yam-Yam is no bigger a dip-shit than anyone else.

Still glad I have a strong Manc accent though, soz lovely Brummies.

Mrs D

I can't stand it. specially the man omg. Sorry to anyone from there but it's exaggerated surely. I have a friend from Birmingham and she doesn't talk like that

Great Wyrley

Nutter!!!!

Ya think?? Can I please be your friend? You can have a slice or portion of whatever I am baking anytime

Awww thanks hun

Cheeky "

I am sure I do not know what you mean

I'm very glad I don't have the local accent of the county in which I was born.

It's generally equated with being thick, backward and inbred.

I have noticed today, however, I've become very lazy with how I speak, dropping letters and using words such as "dunno".

Great Wyrley

"dip-shit"

I haven't heard that term for ages!!

"It's a badly done accent, sounds neither Brum nor Yam-Yam.

But yes to answer your question I think a Brum/Black Country accent is generally received as stupid sounding.

As a Manc living here for 14 years I can confirm that your Brummie/Yam-Yam is no bigger a dip-shit than anyone else.

Still glad I have a strong Manc accent though, soz lovely Brummies.

Mrs D"

I still have a strong South London accent so totally understand where you are coming from

"dip-shit

I haven't heard that term for ages!!"

Love a good throw-back insult. lol

"dip-shit

I haven't heard that term for ages!!"

I use muggy cunt a lot and I can hear my South London accent come out good and proper

"I can't stand it. specially the man omg. Sorry to anyone from there but it's exaggerated surely. I have a friend from Birmingham and she doesn't talk like that "

Brum accent is very soft. Only Brummie I can think of who sounds like a proper Brummie is probably Cat Deeley. It's very soft. What most people think of as Brummie is actually deep Black Country.

I live in Walsall, when my parents come I have to translate for my mother. She thought all the market-stall holders and shop owners were polish, no mum, they're just yam-yams!

Great Wyrley

"dip-shit

I use muggy cunt a lot and I can hear my South London accent come out good and proper "

Wow!! I never use the 'C' word in front of a woman unless its dirty talk lol

"dip-shit

I use muggy cunt a lot and I can hear my South London accent come out good and proper "

Duncan says that one well too

By *ickedxxxCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I hate that advert !!!! I hope I do not sound like that when I speak.

"dip-shit

I use muggy cunt a lot and I can hear my South London accent come out good and proper

"

I swear like a sailor don't worry I won't swear in front of your parents lol

Great Wyrley

"I can't stand it. specially the man omg. Sorry to anyone from there but it's exaggerated surely. I have a friend from Birmingham and she doesn't talk like that

Brum accent is very soft. Only Brummie I can think of who sounds like a proper Brummie is probably Cat Deeley. It's very soft. What most people think of as Brummie is actually deep Black Country.

I live in Walsall, when my parents come I have to translate for my mother. She thought all the market-stall holders and shop owners were polish, no mum, they're just yam-yams!"

Wasn't Cat from Cannock?

I had heard she used to bank with actually I won't name the bank but it was in Cannock

Great Wyrley

"dip-shit

I swear like a sailor don't worry I won't swear in front of your parents lol "

If you ain't feeding me I ain't taking you home to my mum!!

"dip-shit

I swear like a sailor don't worry I won't swear in front of your parents lol

If you ain't feeding me I ain't taking you home to my mum!! "

I'll bring cake lol

"I can't stand it. specially the man omg. Sorry to anyone from there but it's exaggerated surely. I have a friend from Birmingham and she doesn't talk like that

I live in Walsall, when my parents come I have to translate for my mother. She thought all the market-stall holders and shop owners were polish, no mum, they're just yam-yams!

Wasn't Cat from Cannock?

I had heard she used to bank with actually I won't name the bank but it was in Cannock"

Sutton Coldfield I think.

am I the only one who had to google Yam Yam lol...?!

forums ~ learn something new everyday

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Wasn't Cat from Cannock?

I had heard she used to bank with actually I won't name the bank but it was in Cannock

Sutton Coldfield I think."

Yup - Sutton Coldfield, went to school in Great Barr

"am I the only one who had to google Yam Yam lol...?!

forums ~ learn something new everyday "

It's because they use yo and yam etc...

forums ~ learn something new everyday "

is it a northern version of a yum yum?

is it a northern version of a yum yum? "

It's like are you I think.

But instead of are you, they said you/am which became yam

Like you am coming to the shops?

Yam comin?

Most people would be completely unable to decipher it when it's spoken properly.

I love it, but I love all dialects.

Great Wyrley

is it a northern version of a yum yum?

It's like are you I think.

But instead of are you, they said you/am which became yam

Like you am coming to the shops?

Yam comin?

Most people would be completely unable to decipher it when it's spoken properly.

I love it, but I love all dialects."

http://www.thedialectdictionary.com/view/letter/Black+Country/

My first serious bf was from Duudlyyyyy

He spoke posh though.

By *lassyandadventurousMan  over a year ago

England and Wales

To you outsiders...dont mix up brummie and black country accents.

They are totally different

evesham

"To you outsiders...dont mix up brummie and black country accents.

They are totally different"

see!!! thats what i said!!

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Most definitely ppl stereo type. Im a manchester lad born an bread or more the point salford and I work 40ish mile from home in Preston. I fully admit I have a real bread salford twang but I know of nobody who says skaha or talk even remotely like the galager brothers but every day I hear ppl trying to copy my voice at work saying scatter or any of the other of the so called manchester terms. Really pisses you off after a while

evesham

"Most definitely ppl stereo type. Im a manchester lad born an bread or more the point salford and I work 40ish mile from home in Preston. I fully admit I have a real bread salford twang but I know of nobody who says skaha or talk even remotely like the galager brothers but every day I hear ppl trying to copy my voice at work saying scatter or any of the other of the so called manchester terms. Really pisses you off after a while "

doubleaside...madforet

thats my mancestahhhhh impression

Manchester

"Most definitely ppl stereo type. Im a manchester lad born an bread or more the point salford and I work 40ish mile from home in Preston. I fully admit I have a real bread salford twang but I know of nobody who says skaha or talk even remotely like the galager brothers but every day I hear ppl trying to copy my voice at work saying scatter or any of the other of the so called manchester terms. Really pisses you off after a while

doubleaside...madforet

thats my mancestahhhhh impression "

Grrrrr theres always 1 piss take lmao

"Most definitely ppl stereo type. Im a manchester lad born an bread or more the point salford and I work 40ish mile from home in Preston. I fully admit I have a real bread salford twang but I know of nobody who says skaha or talk even remotely like the galager brothers but every day I hear ppl trying to copy my voice at work saying scatter or any of the other of the so called manchester terms. Really pisses you off after a while "

I'm Salford too and still as strong as evr.

A guy at work repeats after me (Every time I say it)

"Y'ariiiiiiite" in a whiney tone ( as in you alright for those not in the know)

By *anatee175Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

"Yeah I bloody hate that advert"

Yeah me too

Manchester

"Most definitely ppl stereo type. Im a manchester lad born an bread or more the point salford and I work 40ish mile from home in Preston. I fully admit I have a real bread salford twang but I know of nobody who says skaha or talk even remotely like the galager brothers but every day I hear ppl trying to copy my voice at work saying scatter or any of the other of the so called manchester terms. Really pisses you off after a while

I'm Salford too and still as strong as evr.

A guy at work repeats after me (Every time I say it)

"Y'ariiiiiiite" in a whiney tone ( as in you alright for those not in the know)"

Yep im with ya I get that all the time to the 1st millon times it was almost funny but its a little tedious after that

» Add a new message to this topic