FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disney Florida Bloody Hell

Disney Florida Bloody Hell

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's expensive !!!!

Have been there a few times before we had kids and now ours are getting to the age where we think they would love it we looked at the cost for the 4 of us

Nearly bloody fell of me chair !!!!

It's a £1000 just for the tickets for Disney nevermind getting there and the hotel etc

Can it be done for a resnable cost ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oundthebendMan  over a year ago

wales

It's expensive no matter how you do it I shopped around and for 2 adults 2 children in November it cost 4500

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/06/14 23:50:19]

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Disneyland Paris would be the cheaper option, sure the kids would love it.

Yes their is a cheaper option it's called Blackpool, th home of fish n chip cartons and dog shit

How many days is that for ?

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"It's expensive !!!!

Have been there a few times before we had kids and now ours are getting to the age where we think they would love it we looked at the cost for the 4 of us

It's a £1000 just for the tickets for Disney nevermind getting there and the hotel etc

"

It can't be worth that. I simply don't believe it's worth that.

By *oundthebendMan  over a year ago

wales

It's worth every penny.

Also been to Disneyland Paris and that's amazing too and a lot cheaper

Alton Towers is closer

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"It's worth every penny.

Also been to Disneyland Paris and that's amazing too and a lot cheaper "

Not to me but then I don't have kids anyway. Even if I did, that money would buy a hell of a lot more entertainment that one trip to somewhere that sounds like it's ripping off families.

I avoid places that jack up prices to ridiculous levels just because they have a famous name.

I took 7 people two years ago. With flights, accommodation, car rental and tickets to all the parks it cost nearly £12,000 (for two weeks).

Just cost me £1500 for 5 days in Disneyland Paris with two of my daughters, not including spending money which added another £1000. We'd been saving for a year though & it was a treat for my daughters 16th & my 50th birthdays. The memories we made were priceless though & will last a lifetime

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Happily our kids never wanted to do Disney at all!!!

"It's expensive !!!!

It can't be worth that. I simply don't believe it's worth that."

The price would be for entry to all four parks on seperate days, at least it was when I took our lot. That's actually quite a saving compared to paying for entry on the day...

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I also priced it this week and for 2 adults and 2 children it was over 4 grand not including park tickets or food! Would love to take the kids though

"I also priced it this week and for 2 adults and 2 children it was over 4 grand not including park tickets or food! Would love to take the kids though "

Food while you're over there is cheap, especially if you eat out each day. Find a local Ponderosa for breakfast (all you can eat for $5) and something like a Denny's for on the way home, you won't starve and its almost decent food.

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

Its worth checking out different airports too, flying into Tampa instead.

Its worth getting a villa, if you can get another family to share, you can save even more.

haven't been for a few years though

"Happily our kids never wanted to do Disney at all!!! "

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

Remember that old timeshare you've been paying for; well exchange it for accommodation over there then it's just flights and transfers.... food is cheaper outside of Disney, we had massive breakfasts and evening meal only. Then in park buy refillable drinks cups .... unlimited at 25 cents for a pint and a half......

Buy the 14 day entry tickets much cheaper than buying entry every day Orlando is much better and bigger than Paris ... plus no french is a bonus ...lol.

It can be done almost reasonably but remember it's a holiday of a lifetime and is going to be expensive. Just a question of how expensive....

Have fun....

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We are going this year.

Villa with car rental 15 minutes from Disney is £750 a week.

Flights £470 each.

I have done a multi park deal with the tickets. So we have them all 11 in total.

For 6 of us £2500.

Then another week in Key Largo £850 for the villa.

The flights were a massive difference between flying out on the Wednesday compared to the Saturday was £2200.

Staying on site at the Disney hotels is a lot more. A villa is by far the cheapest option but obviously it's self catering. Good I the parks is like any theme park ie/ not cheap. However you can now take food in and hire lockers in a central location...

kinky heaven

Go via new York two holidays in one

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

"It's expensive !!!!

"

Pick the tickets you want any anything else you want to do like the pirates dinner etc and then email all the companies to see what they will offer you. We saved a fairbit.

By *uncouple99Couple  over a year ago

colchester ish

We have booked to go this year for two weeks in August. £3850 including flights, hotel and a convertible. Never been before and we can't wait

Don't stay on site, hotels on international drive or in Kissimmee are much cheaper. Have a big breakfast and evening meal outside the park and just have a snack while in the park. Plan your itinerary use guides like tourguidemike to plan the best and most efficient way round the parks. Get there for "rope drop" when the parks open in the morning. The most popular rides have very long queues.

Disney also have some excellent restaurants. All the nationalities in world showcase are brilliant. A good place to eat before the fireworks at Epcot.

The California grill at the top of the contemporary resort is one of the best restaurants in the USA.

Rent the smallest car, see if they will give you a free upgrade. If they don't offer you one, you can still upgrade yourself.

Nothing else compares with the Disney magic, it is impossible to explain.

Also, if you get a chance, visit gatorland.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I did the trip in 1992, one adult and two children, self catering, new villa with a pool, car and Disney three day pass, spending money: £2,500. So £4,500 doesn't seem unreasonable to me if I'm honest.

Did Euro Disney too: no comparison.

"I did the trip in 1992, one adult and two children, self catering, new villa with a pool, car and Disney three day pass, spending money: £2,500. So £4,500 doesn't seem unreasonable to me if I'm honest.

Did Euro Disney too: no comparison."

What I've found is you can get there and stop for that but that does not include the park tickets , think it was nearly £1000 to do all of Disney and then there is universal sudios etc and then food etc

Think we best start saving now they might be able to go when they are 22

I priced a flydrive with virgin for may and they wanted £3400 for 4 of us. I priced it all seperately myself and came up with:

flights £1800 (Thomas Cook)

car hire £250

Villa £1100!

Do not book a package would be my advice and like others have said if you can be flexible on the day you fly, it can save you 100's.

No matter what way you go you'll get stung for the disney tickets but they're worth every penny!

Have fun when ypu get there

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am glad we went years ago now !....but...after going I would have paid double....it is fantastic.

Apparently the EuroDisney costs for those booking from the UK are significantly higher than those booking exactly the same package from Europe. Massively over priced but a great experience I'm sure.

In a toss-up between Paris or Florida Disney I find Disney Paris to be infinitely preferable to Disney Florida.

Although obviously Florida has the advantage of offering other theme parks too which probably makes it a more attractive holiday destination for many people..

But in my humble opinion Disney Paris Christmas events can't be beaten... they are utterly awesome .....and well deserve the name "Magic Kingdom"...

By *oudnproudWoman  over a year ago

penrith

We visit florida yearly.... the most we took was 11 people at the cost of 9.000 and the least we took was 5 for about 4500.

Split everything up, dont do a package holiday,

book hotel and flights seperate and also try and do a change, if your first port of international call is somewhere other than a big torist place its faster through customs and then once you hit florida international you dont need to go through customs... weve done newyork, chircargo, charlotte .

stay on international drive, and use public transport its so easy and a weekly pass is quite cheap. Also if your at the right end universal is within walking distance. And some of the hotels do provide transport to the disney transportation centre...

"We visit florida yearly.... the most we took was 11 people at the cost of 9.000 and the least we took was 5 for about 4500.

book hotel and flights seperate and also try and do a change, if your first port of international call is somewhere other than a big torist place its faster through customs and then once you hit florida international you dont need to go through customs... weve done newyork, chircargo, charlotte .

stay on international drive, and use public transport its so easy and a weekly pass is quite cheap. Also if your at the right end universal is within walking distance. And some of the hotels do provide transport to the disney transportation centre...

"

Wow thanks for that , so would you recommend buying the Disney tickets once we are there ?

There are forums dedicated to Disney

Try Disboards and look up tourguidemike it is worth paying to access these forums if need be. Lots of invaluable info that will save you bundles.

First tip book flights first, they are the toughest to get. There is no shortage of holiday accommodation in Florida. And lots of discounts when you get there.

Also, fly with empty suitcases. You will fill them when you get there

By *oudnproudWoman  over a year ago

penrith

"There are forums dedicated to Disney

Try Disboards and look up tourguidemike it is worth paying to access these forums if need be. Lots of invaluable info that will save you bundles.

First tip book flights first, they are the toughest to get. There is no shortage of holiday accommodation in Florida. And lots of discounts when you get there.

Also, fly with empty suitcases. You will fill them when you get there"

totally agree with this x

kinky heaven

"We visit florida yearly.... the most we took was 11 people at the cost of 9.000 and the least we took was 5 for about 4500.

Wow thanks for that , so would you recommend buying the Disney tickets once we are there ?"

Id certainly get them here, dome have special deals on look at the disboards

"It's expensive !!!!

The first time I went with my 3 kids was in 1998 when my eldest was coming up 18.For Disney,universal,cape Canaveral,accomm,flights and food it cost £5700.We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves but it was paid for from a legacy.

"

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

Floridatix dot com is another worth looking at for combined passes...

By *uslaffMan  over a year ago

manchester

"We have booked to go this year for two weeks in August. £3850 including flights, hotel and a convertible. Never been before and we can't wait "

Ditch the convertible,you'll want the air con pumping and the roof and windows up. We booked a soft top,but swapped it when we got there. A baby Bentley (Chrysler 300) was the same price.

Just a thought like !

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"We have booked to go this year for two weeks in August. £3850 including flights, hotel and a convertible. Never been before and we can't wait

Ditch the convertible,you'll want the air con pumping and the roof and windows up. We booked a soft top,but swapped it when we got there. A baby Bentley (Chrysler 300) was the same price.

Just a thought like !"

Agreed! Florida in August can be unbearable, a air conditioned car would be preferable to an open top.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Look at renting a holiday home a lot of British ex pats have brought holiday homes and rent them out...Florida being one of the main places...it can work out cheaper than a hotel and there are a lot within a short distance of Disneyland..Shame I'm not still with my ex husband as his sister worked there and used to get free tickets all the time

If the kids are under 10 then take them to Paris, cheaper and they won't notice the difference! if teenagers then Florida but don't book the parks for the whole holiday, there is more than Disney over there.

We went a few years ago for our honey moon stayed on international drive (which was the biggest shit heap ever) cost about 3k we are going again this year and are going to stay in Disney and use their food plan it's looking to be about £5k for the two of us for 7 nights. That's at one of their better hotels. Can't wait!

"We went a few years ago for our honey moon stayed on international drive (which was the biggest shit heap ever) cost about 3k we are going again this year and are going to stay in Disney and use their food plan it's looking to be about £5k for the two of us for 7 nights. That's at one of their better hotels. Can't wait!"

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on International Drive once. It was a shit heap so I vowed never to stay in another hotel over there again, so I always rent a villa on a golf resort now (I don't even play golf!).

International drive used to be the place to stay its a very tired Shithole now, stay in Kissimmee check out the factory outlets like belz for clothes

By *emon tart Double creamCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

It depends when you go and how you do it. Villas are cheaper than hotels however you then need a car to get around. If you stay around international drive, all the hotels will provide you with free transportation to all the parks, plus you are in the centre of things if you don't want to go to a park on a particular day or drive at all.

We've mainly been around Christmas time - before, during and after and i would say that was a better time to go rather than the summer holidays. The queues are a lot less for rides unless you go on Christmas Eve/day. The weather is still quite decent - shorts/tshirt weather in the day and you get to experience 'happy holidays' in a different country.

We've done both villa and hotel and I would go for a hotel on international drive every time. Loads of things to do and plenty of cheap restaurants too. With a villa, whilst there are a few things to do on complex, we found we were driving to restaurants most of the time.

I would also look at flying into Sanford instead as the 'smaller companies' mainly fly from/to there.

It can get expensive however it's the destination that appeals to young or old. Good weather all year round and suits all tastes, whether it's action and adventure or scenic and serene you are after. It is worth every penny.

Yes, Florida Disney is not cheap.

But then it is excellent value. Such quality too, and as someone said earlier, it is an holiday of a lifetime ( well, one of them).

Enjoy.

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

We did I drive in May 2012 two adults one 9 yr old cost for hotel flights car n insurance 2500 850 for the park tickets bought at I'm Disney store and online for universal took 1500 spendos came back with nothing total cost of holiday five grand look on daughters face as we wkwd through the gates of Disney priceless ...would we do it again .....in a heartbeat!!!!

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

We did I drive in May 2012 two adults one 9 yr old cost for hotel flights car n insurance 2500 850 for the park tickets bought at I'm Disney store and online for universal took 1500 spendos came back with nothing total cost of holiday five grand look on daughters face as we wkwd through the gates of Disney priceless ...would we do it again .....in a heartbeat!!!!

I'm going in October its a cheaper and the weather is still nice. Can't wait

October is a good time to go, the parks are less busy.

There are some excellent restaurants at the parks but they get booked up months in advance. You will need to go online to find out the info. There is one the Epcot with a glass wall looking into the aquarium which is good.

Disney character breakfasts get booked up fast too

» Add a new message to this topic