FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help from you fitness and gym junkies...

Help from you fitness and gym junkies...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I (MrN) do not have time to go to the gym as I watch the kids while the missis works evenings and after switching jobs I have lost some size muscle wise have put on some pudding. We are having a home gym but until the garden is finished we are using a room in the house so space is an issue also.

So my question is do any of you gym/fitness nuts have a rowing machine you would reccomend? Our budget is up to £200 so the concept machines are way out of budget. This will be to accompany some weights.

Thanks in advanced.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Costco have a rowing machine on offer this month, look on their website. Might be too dear though

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There are places which sell ex gym equipment, you may get a pro rower for your budget.

if you want to burn off the belly then your best bet is morning fasted cardio on whatever piece of cardio equipment you invest in

i`d be hitting the tarmac for a 5am run myself

Scunthorpe

"

i`d be hitting the tarmac for a 5am run myself"

You certainly would be by yourself..... At that time of day

There are loads or good rowers on ebay..

I bought a good treadmill from this lot

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/

Thanks and I will have a look at the sites mentioned.

I know a few people who work at Costco so I will see if they can do a deal and I always forget about ebay.

As for running I think I may start running work again. I do enjoy training so it shouldn't take to long to get back into it just lacking the equipment now as the only time is when the kids are in bed.

Without sounding all 'cliche' or be seen as not giving sound advice but i'd say from that £200, you may just have to spend £20/£30 in my opinion.

Just invest in some second hand free weights and that should be enough provided of course you're eating properly. It all comes down to what you eat - you are what you eat they say.

Now, i know you're working and looking after the little ones. Do you think you can fit in a run/jog/power walk of some sort in your day? That would help as well.

In my opinion no need to waste money on equipment. Use your own body weight, the free weights, have a run outside, be careful of what you eat and that should be more than enough.

I'm not completely the best person to give advice but i think that would help without burning a hole in your pocket.

Have you any free time during the day, as my lunch hour doubles as my training hour and I know a few who get up before the kids and get it done then

"Without sounding all 'cliche' or be seen as not giving sound advice but i'd say from that £200, you may just have to spend £20/£30 in my opinion.

Just invest in some second hand free weights and that should be enough provided of course you're eating properly. It all comes down to what you eat - you are what you eat they say.

Now, i know you're working and looking after the little ones. Do you think you can fit in a run/jog/power walk of some sort in your day? That would help as well.

In my opinion no need to waste money on equipment. Use your own body weight, the free weights, have a run outside, be careful of what you eat and that should be more than enough.

I'm not completely the best person to give advice but i think that would help without burning a hole in your pocket.

"

Free weights is what I like using, I can probably get a rowing machine cheaper but was thinking if not then that is the most I'd spend. The rowing machine is to replace the running as I literally have no time to go after work any more, it also good for working your whole body.

My diet does need adjusting as I don't think eating everything in sight will cut it lol.

So free weights, rower and adjusted diet and I am good to go. I have trained before but the rowing machine something new as I suck at running and i don't fancy running around the dining table because I can't get to the local park (five minutes away).

Scunthorpe

If running is your thing, then why not get a treadmill rather than a rower..

"If running is your thing, then why not get a treadmill rather than a rower.."

It isn't but i did it anyway as I needed to lol.

I have a similar time issue and find the 24hr gyms help. i train at 4am. also ebay or ex catalog stores

"I have a similar time issue and find the 24hr gyms help. i train at 4am. also ebay or ex catalog stores"

I have a 24hour gym near my work, I keep looking at the site and ive been there before. I could join and train at 5ish and hope that it is dead at that time in the morning as I enjoy solitude when training which is why I train at home usually.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Lower the daily calories or at least the carbs in the diet.

Do something thats going to up the cardiovascular (running, power walking, cycling) for weight loss.

Try floor exercises sit ups, crunchies, varied press ups if your looking to bring some tone back.

All the best

"Lower the daily calories or at least the carbs in the diet.

Do something thats going to up the cardiovascular (running, power walking, cycling) for weight loss.

Try floor exercises sit ups, crunchies, varied press ups if your looking to bring some tone back.

All the best "

I do tend to eat well but its the large portions and the lack of excercise that lets me down lol.

» Add a new message to this topic