FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there such a thing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends...

Freedom has a price we all pay!

No... I don't think so if honest!

So conform rather than converse?

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Is there such a thing?

"

Not in the UK there isn't.

Under our Human Rights Act, we have NO freedom of speech.

"Is there such a thing?

Not in the UK there isn't.

Under our Human Rights Act, we have NO freedom of speech."

oh the human rights act..............fuckwits guide to the galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

As said... here in the UK as an Englishman ... No!

And if anyone can say we do lol.. they are nuts..

And thats all I'm saying on it...

Yep as long as no one is listening lol

but on the subject of conforming ...we are hardly all doing that or we wouldnt be on here surely

"but on the subject of conforming ...we are hardly all doing that or we wouldnt be on here surely"

I think you will find on topical threads that everyone is fking conforming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I think you will find on topical threads that everyone is fking conforming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh I don't know about that

Conforming in what way?

What is freedom of speech?

Is it the right to say whatever you feel, whenever you want to, regardless of how it affects others?

Should you have the right to freedom of speech if it incites racial hatred or religious bigotry?

Should religious fanatics have the right to freedom of speech also?

When one lives in a collective of many thousands of people, all with a myriad of different thought processes and beliefs surrounding those thoughts, you have an obligation to control what you say so that others aren't affected detrimentally by it whilst still exercising your right to say what you think.

And therein lies the crux of the matter: one's *right* to freedom of speech and one's *freedom* to express it.

With counter-argument the natural bed-fellow of free speech there will always come a time when free speech spills over into discord and violence. The true art of free speech is the ability to exercise it freely yet still be tolerant of the right to free speech of the people you disagree with. It's when this system breaks down that the government seeks to remove your right to freedom of speech. The moral is: police your own thoughts or have them policed for you.

"What is freedom of speech?

Is it the right to say whatever you feel, whenever you want to, regardless of how it affects others?

Should you have the right to freedom of speech if it incites racial hatred or religious bigotry?

When one lives in a collective of many thousands of people, all with a myriad of different thought processes and beliefs surrounding those thoughts, you have an obligation to control what you say so that others aren't affected detrimentally by it whilst still exercising your right to say what you think.

And therein lies the crux of the matter: one's *right* to freedom of speech and one's *freedom* to express it.

With counter-argument the natural bed-fellow of free speech there will always come a time when free speech spills over into discord and violence. The true art of free speech is the ability to exercise it freely yet still be tolerant of the right to free speech of the people you disagree with. It's when this system breaks down that the government seeks to remove your right to freedom of speech. The moral is: police your own thoughts or have them policed for you."

extremely well said..bravo

With counter-argument the natural bed-fellow of free speech there will always come a time when free speech spills over into discord and violence. The true art of free speech is the ability to exercise it freely yet still be tolerant of the right to free speech of the people you disagree with. It's when this system breaks down that the government seeks to remove your right to freedom of speech. The moral is: police your own thoughts or have them policed for you."

Yeah, what they said.

Have to agree wishy...

Spot on!

By *achaCouple  over a year ago

manchester

i find it strange when people get offended by words.....

l

x

By *teve_SoleilCouple  over a year ago

Malaysia

Well...the pen is sharper than the knife....:D...so they say....:D...

manchester

"Well...the pen is sharper than the knife....:D...so they say....:D..."

the penis mightier than the sword

"i find it strange when people get offended by words.....

l

x"

It's the thoughts behind the words that offend, and the actions inspired by the words that can hurt the most. It's simplistic to assume it's the words themselves that offend.

l

x

It's the thoughts behind the words that offend, and the actions inspired by the words that can hurt the most. It's simplistic to assume it's the words themselves that offend."

round of applause!! followed by a naughty sausage!!! xxxxxxxxx

I believe your words should be shown under forum rules. Very well put and true to the core xx

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

totally agree with wishy on this ,just wanted to add as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’

I think Freedom of speach does exist an example being the collective victory regarding the recent Gurkha campaign.

Without a "few good people" exercising freedom of speech on this issue and it gaining momentum .The govt of the day would of made a decision wholly against the wishes of its people.

I do believe the recent G20 actions signify that the rights of legitimate peaceful protesters {freedom of speach) are being eroded by the Terrorism act and hopefully some sanity will now prevail .

To the OP ..nice post x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Very well said !

In theory - Yes

In practice - No

"totally agree with wishy on this ,just wanted to add as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’

I think Freedom of speech does exist an example being the collective victory regarding the recent Gurkha campaign.

Without a "few good people" exercising freedom of speech on this issue and it gaining momentum .The govt of the day would of made a decision wholly against the wishes of its people.

I do believe the recent G20 actions signify that the rights of legitimate peaceful protesters {freedom of speech) are being eroded by the Terrorism act and hopefully some sanity will now prevail .

To the OP ..nice post x "

In fairness though... thats selective free speach...

And a good way for people from all forms of society to vent anger...

Not always so easy eh...

Some can sit and preach hatred for ages.. nothing done. Others can make a slip of the tongue in anger and frustration.. and yet be hung drawn and quartered for their troubles..

manchester

l

x

It's the thoughts behind the words that offend, and the actions inspired by the words that can hurt the most. It's simplistic to assume it's the words themselves that offend."

there are too many nutters in the world for me to care about them.

and actions inspired by words are very rare as its mostlty all talk.

if you let words get to you, every day you would be wound up. sorry, but i dont live like that...people can say what they want to me, its water off a ducks back.

l

x

l

x

It's the thoughts behind the words that offend, and the actions inspired by the words that can hurt the most. It's simplistic to assume it's the words themselves that offend.

there are too many nutters in the world for me to care about them.

and actions inspired by words are very rare as its mostlty all talk.

if you let words get to you, every day you would be wound up. sorry, but i dont live like that...people can say what they want to me, its water off a ducks back.

l

x"

There is too much free speech in this country, perhaps the price we pay for democracy, but we are an extremely tolerant society and the loonies/racsists/Geordies etc have a field day at times

"There is too much free speech in this country, perhaps the price we pay for democracy, but we are an extremely tolerant society and the loonies/racsists/Geordies etc have a field day at times"

Free speech and democracy do not go hand in glove. That's a fallacy. Free speech is the unalienable right of every person on the planet, democracy, however, is just the best of a bad bunch of systems for governing mass communities of people. Some of these systems allow greater tolerances of free speech, others supress it totally. None of them allow it unrestricted.

And I'm not a Geordie, I just live here

"There is too much free speech in this country, perhaps the price we pay for democracy, but we are an extremely tolerant society and the loonies/racsists/Geordies etc have a field day at times

Free speech and democracy do not go hand in glove. That's a fallacy. Free speech is the unalienable right of every person on the planet, democracy, however, is just the best of a bad bunch of systems for governing mass communities of people. Some of these systems allow greater tolerances of free speech, others supress it totally. None of them allow it unrestricted.

And I'm not a Geordie, I just live here "

I agree, but democracy allows free speech, just ask the Chinese/Koreans/Tibetans etc etc. just feel we allow it to literaly at times in this country.

I know your a Manc, but I'm just poking fun at Geordies at present, makes me feel a little better football wise lol

"I know your a Manc, but I'm just poking fun at Geordies at present, makes me feel a little better football wise lol"

Think I better put you straight BF.

You'll love this as it confirms what everyone says about Man Utd supporters...

I was born in London, support Man Utd and now live in Gateshead. It's a long story why I support MU and not a London club, suffice it to say I have an older brother who, at the age of 5, threatened to 'kick my head in' if I supported the same team as him - Spurs. Glad he warned me off hahaha

"I know your a Manc, but I'm just poking fun at Geordies at present, makes me feel a little better football wise lol

I was born in London, support Man Utd and now live in Gateshead. It's a long story why I support MU and not a London club, suffice it to say I have an older brother who, at the age of 5, threatened to 'kick my head in' if I supported the same team as him - Spurs. Glad he warned me off hahaha"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS!!!!!

"I know your a Manc, but I'm just poking fun at Geordies at present, makes me feel a little better football wise lol

I was born in London, support Man Utd and now live in Gateshead. It's a long story why I support MU and not a London club, suffice it to say I have an older brother who, at the age of 5, threatened to 'kick my head in' if I supported the same team as him - Spurs. Glad he warned me off hahaha

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS!!!!!"

Well, take comfort from that fact that I was raised in Luton and they have just been dumped out of the feckin League altogether!!... At least I'll get to see them play next season when they come up to Gateshead lol

By *edhot4blkCouple  over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

if a blk man can call another blk man a "" nigger "" and its classed as a term used in friendship why when a white person calls a blk guy a nigger it isnt

"if a blk man can call another blk man a "" nigger "" and its classed as a term used in friendship why when a white person calls a blk guy a nigger it isnt"

A black man feels that a white man using the term is using it derogatorily whereas another black man can use it humourously. Black comedians often use the term in their act, and it does come across as comical, but it's a word that's been too sensitised for white people to use it and not offend black people. However, I have seen two black men calling each other 'nigger' during an argument that led directly to them punching the heck out of each other.

I guess it's not the word that is used but the context in which it is employed.

*I've used the terms 'black' & 'white' simply to mark the difference between the two races. I know some 'black' people prefer the term 'coloured' or 'african' but I'm not making any distinction between any of them. It's simply an illustration.

York/London/Crantock

i couldnt give a toss what colour they are blk or white as long as they have a 10" dick and can breathe thru their ears...lol

all over the place

"if a blk man can call another blk man a "" nigger "" and its classed as a term used in friendship why when a white person calls a blk guy a nigger it isnt"

its abou8t ownership of the word black people can identify with the word nigger as it is contextualised as part of there history and it makes it ok for them to use .A similar situation raised itself with the word Spastic when people who have cerebral palsy wanted to use it in a promo video about there disability. There was much debate and the ownership issure Re"nigger" was used to justify its use .

By *uttonBiMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield B73 5XP

Good post and well said

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"if a blk man can call another blk man a "" nigger "" and its classed as a term used in friendship why when a white person calls a blk guy a nigger it isnt

A black man feels that a white man using the term is using it derogatorily whereas another black man can use it humourously. Black comedians often use the term in their act, and it does come across as comical, but it's a word that's been too sensitised for white people to use it and not offend black people. However, I have seen two black men calling each other 'nigger' during an argument that led directly to them punching the heck out of each other.

I guess it's not the word that is used but the context in which it is employed.

*I've used the terms 'black' & 'white' simply to mark the difference between the two races. I know some 'black' people prefer the term 'coloured' or 'african' but I'm not making any distinction between any of them. It's simply an illustration."

Asked godfather of my kids why he hates word "nigger" his answer was simple, "a Nigger is a black guy/mate who will rob your house, then simpathise with you that you got robbed!"

While working in one job I often had to sit next to 2 black ladies, one litraly shouted the whole building down if you dared use the word "Black", the other did same if you used "Coloured"

We had a writen warning from local council, for leaving a few hedge trimmings in driveway (I hadn't finished clearing up yet due to rain) yet the council cut, mow and clear up neighbours garden due to the fact she loves yelling "It's because i'm black!"

Friend after 5yrs in hostel/council waiting list, was thrown out after hiting an asian guy, he caught stealing his stuff, when he asked council for help, as he was now on street! they replyed "Are you on drugs or of ethnic minority?" when he replyed "No" they sent him away!

There is no freedom of speach in the uk, anymore, unless you are a member of an ethnic minority (though the term Minority sure is geting stretched these days)

id better stay outta this one .........

yeah there is a level of freedom of speech....your all doing that on here!

Bristol

Almost forgot, having family in south africa, I find it highly commical, that majority of blacks I meet who get pissy, at "Black" "Coloured" or "Nigger" have no bloody clue that I realy am insulting them when I say "Kaffa"

Wife is Polish, yet people can happily call her "pollock" and nobody starts yelling about racism!

Bristol

"yeah there is a level of freedom of speech....your all doing that on here!"

You suprise me Gothica, far from it, we have the right to say it, but any mod/admin can simply remove anything we post simply because they disagre, there by removing our rights

all over the place

"yeah there is a level of freedom of speech....your all doing that on here!

You suprise me Gothica, far from it, we have the right to say it, but any mod/admin can simply remove anything we post simply because they disagre, there by removing our rights "

but surely thats to do with the fair running of the site and the law of the land .If you write something in the forums that isa defamatory the individual can sue as if it had been published in a newspaper.There has been several test cases found in favour of the complainant and penalties and costs in the thousands

Now if i ran a site like this i would want to make sure those writs were not coming my way.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You suprise me Gothica, far from it, we have the right to say it, but any mod/admin can simply remove anything we post simply because they disagre, there by removing our rights "

The only way a post is removed is if it is against rules or offending a lot of people.

If it is removed just because you think a mod disagreed with it, I would report the profile.

Look at it this way. We have the right to chat about anything on this forum, we have the right to stand in front of an audience and talk about our own personal, religious or political views and we have the right to debate. Compared to many places (past and present) we have a high level of freedom of speech, where even having different politics can lead to you being murdered! We are definitely nowhere near being a Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia or present day Zimbabwe....yet.

When it comes to the forum there has to be rules and a level of tact as the site is used by a large number of people with various views, sexual orientations, colour, religion etc and a line has to be drawn as to what is classed as overstepping the mark. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this politically correct society we live in and i do think personal liberty is being eroded away each year, but on a personal level i don't want people to feel so offended that they no longer feel able to be on this site or post on the forums.

I do think people have been programmed to be overly sensitive and overreact to the merest of things but maybe that has a lot to do with people being told what to think by the PC brigades that infect the media, the government and organisations like the BBC…oh and those lawyers who want you to sue for absolutely anything to make them a lot richer!

Maybe sometimes the moderators do delete comments that could be left and sometimes they may leave comments that should be removed instantly, but if we are allowed to say and do what we want on here then we wouldn’t need moderators and how long would it take until the site becomes a spiteful, nasty place where arguments and aggression become the norm. I’m sure most people don’t like being insulted because of their colour, sexual preferences, weight, height, politics, religion etc and so some rules have to be in place to keep the forums and the site a welcoming place for all. I for one am happy that there are some rules in place because it has affected me quite recently. Someone thought they were being clever and witty (or it may have been a disguised attack) by posting a comment about me supposedly being miserable, making everyone else miserable and then described me killing myself…..yeah hilarious eh! As I have never spoken to that person and that person knew nothing about me or what my current situation is I was offended, quite shocked and upset. I complained and the moderator then deleted the pathetic comment which was welcomed by me. If there were no rules in place and people were allowed to say absolutely anything I am sure the forums would soon be a battleground, which in the worst possible case scenario could spill over into real life. Imagine what would happen if people attacked each other in the forums, began to hate each other and then bumped into each other at a social etc…..

The latter part of that is about me and to be honest, if you had had the bollocks to PM me instead of just moaning to a mod I would have had it removed myself. If someone offended me, I would be on their case straight away, never mind the mods!!

Now Listen, I want to apologise openly to you here and now, your right, I don't know you, but you must know I have a starnge and sometimes dark sense of humour.

I'm sorry if I upset you, I was not aware of your situation or I would never in a million years have posted what I did, so once again sorry

P.S. If those are your real teeth, I am really scrared now!!

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

"Look at it this way. We have the right to chat about anything on this forum, we have the right to stand in front of an audience and talk about our own personal, religious or political views and we have the right to debate. Compared to many places (past and present) we have a high level of freedom of speech, where even having different politics can lead to you being murdered! We are definitely nowhere near being a Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia or present day Zimbabwe....yet.

When it comes to the forum there has to be rules and a level of tact as the site is used by a large number of people with various views, sexual orientations, colour, religion etc and a line has to be drawn as to what is classed as overstepping the mark. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this politically correct society we live in and i do think personal liberty is being eroded away each year, but on a personal level i don't want people to feel so offended that they no longer feel able to be on this site or post on the forums.

I do think people have been programmed to be overly sensitive and overreact to the merest of things but maybe that has a lot to do with people being told what to think by the PC brigades that infect the media, the government and organisations like the BBC…oh and those lawyers who want you to sue for absolutely anything to make them a lot richer!

Maybe sometimes the moderators do delete comments that could be left and sometimes they may leave comments that should be removed instantly, but if we are allowed to say and do what we want on here then we wouldn’t need moderators and how long would it take until the site becomes a spiteful, nasty place where arguments and aggression become the norm. I’m sure most people don’t like being insulted because of their colour, sexual preferences, weight, height, politics, religion etc and so some rules have to be in place to keep the forums and the site a welcoming place for all. I for one am happy that there are some rules in place because it has affected me quite recently. Someone thought they were being clever and witty (or it may have been a disguised attack) by posting a comment about me supposedly being miserable, making everyone else miserable and then described me killing myself…..yeah hilarious eh! As I have never spoken to that person and that person knew nothing about me or what my current situation is I was offended, quite shocked and upset. I complained and the moderator then deleted the pathetic comment which was welcomed by me. If there were no rules in place and people were allowed to say absolutely anything I am sure the forums would soon be a battleground, which in the worst possible case scenario could spill over into real life. Imagine what would happen if people attacked each other in the forums, began to hate each other and then bumped into each other at a social etc….. "

I'm going to have to read this fully another time, (phones dont have a big screen) but at first pass I'm impressed.

"The latter part of that is about me and to be honest, if you had had the bollocks to PM me instead of just moaning to a mod I would have had it removed myself. If someone offended me, I would be on their case straight away, never mind the mods!!

Now Listen, I want to apologise openly to you here and now, your right, I don't know you, but you must know I have a starnge and sometimes dark sense of humour.

I'm sorry if I upset you, I was not aware of your situation or I would never in a million years have posted what I did, so once again sorry

P.S. If those are your real teeth, I am really scrared now!!"

Saying if i had the bollocks to PM you instead of complaining is probably not the best way to start an apology, but an apology is an apology i guess.

To begin with i haven't met or spoken to you, i don't know anything about you or your type of humour and because we are complete strangers i had no idea if your comment was in jest or an attack. To be honest i didn't contact you because how i felt after reading the comment and how i'm feeling at this time i just didn't have the energy or will to get into a possible slanging match and so chose to put in a legitimate complaint (not a moan) to the moderators and it was sorted.

Thanks for the apology, it is appreciated!

"The latter part of that is about me and to be honest, if you had had the bollocks to PM me instead of just moaning to a mod I would have had it removed myself. If someone offended me, I would be on their case straight away, never mind the mods!!

P.S. If those are your real teeth, I am really scrared now!!

Saying if i had the bollocks to PM you instead of complaining is probably not the best way to start an apology, but an apology is an apology i guess.

To begin with i haven't met or spoken to you, i don't know anything about you or your type of humour and because we are complete strangers i had no idea if your comment was in jest or an attack. To be honest i didn't contact you because how i felt after reading the comment and how i'm feeling at this time i just didn't have the energy or will to get into a possible slanging match and so chose to put in a legitimate complaint (not a moan) to the moderators and it was sorted.

Thanks for the apology, it is appreciated! "

OK Craig, lets call it quits, but you have been on here 8 months and have seen me posts lots, but no matter, end off.

cyber hand shake, but no tongues!

manchester

You suprise me Gothica, far from it, we have the right to say it, but any mod/admin can simply remove anything we post simply because they disagre, there by removing our rights

but surely thats to do with the fair running of the site and the law of the land .If you write something in the forums that isa defamatory the individual can sue as if it had been published in a newspaper.There has been several test cases found in favour of the complainant and penalties and costs in the thousands

Now if i ran a site like this i would want to make sure those writs were not coming my way. "

can you provide links to these claims?

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

i believe in free speech.

I talk ALL the time and no-one ever listens - bit like these so called MP's really except they are allowed to make more claims than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

all over the place

Now if i ran a site like this i would want to make sure those writs were not coming my way.

can you provide links to these claims?"

yes i will pm you .

manchester

can you provide links to these claims?

yes i will pm you ."

ok, i'm waiting..

all over the place

[Removed by poster at 27/05/09 15:46:04]

all over the place

can you provide links to these claims?"

i have sent you 4 or 5 cases ..and as you can see they are big money sums if you search further you will find many more examples

ya got to be careful what you say in cyberworld it is currently like publishing it in print .and the law is under review .inserting something as opinion can help but not always

To misquote Denis Diderot:

“People will never be free until the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Cheerful today aint I lol

all over the place

[Removed by poster at 27/05/09 17:28:26]

all over the place

"To misquote Denis Diderot:

“People will never be free until the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Cheerful today aint I lol"

cool quote ...like it

By *olymanMan  over a year ago

south london

There are no "real" freedoms of any kind (speech, action or thought) in any society that is GOVERNED...

One's only true freedoms are those that one allows oneself and exist primarily in the mind and emotions... but those themselves are governed by who you are and therefore differ greatly for each one of us.

However, when one grant's oneself such freedoms... there are usually consequences to be dealt with...

Some very good posts here (a excellent one by Gothica, I haven't quoted it as it would lengthen the thread needlessly but a really well thought out response. Done freely too

To answer another post about being sued for libel for an abusive post made on a forum such as this; I'd like to remind you that we register on this site as a nickname and are not required to supply our real names (I'd give a false one if we had to anyway), so I really don't see how Mr.WishynSiren can be hauled into court for libellous remarks?

The only way I can be traced is via my IP address and I'm not at all sure if this forum has the capability to record IP addresses. In any case, I can visit an obscure Russian website and mask my true IP address, then I can say what I want. The only way to silence me is to ban my account, but have I not exercised my right to free speech?

Yes, I have, but I would have abused that right by making defamatory remarks and therefore deserve to be gagged.

We must always remember that we are responsible for the words we utter and in our abscence our words become representative of our personas, ergo, my words ARE me, they have my thoughts behind them and express my beliefs and views on whatever issue I have commented on. If they are deemed to be hateful, malicious, insulting or intend to defraud anyone for anything then it is correct that they should be condemned and/or censored.

But we have to be careful here as who censors the censors?

York/London/Crantock

i think to be honest one should be allowed to say what one wants to say as long as its not abusive to the person u are saying it to..

an asian guy mailed me 3 days ago and wanted to meet but i told him no thank u i dont meet asians and he replied that i was being a racist...does this mean i have to shag every colour, race, and creed to prove im not a racist..if so im gonna be a busy girl..xxx stella

exactly right - if your freedom of speech upsets, affects, abuses others then there is no place for it in this day and age

ur all gay

lol kitty back in fighting form again - chavtastic - give our love to alfie moon

"lol kitty back in fighting form again - chavtastic - give our love to alfie moon"

his name is Alfie_Joe LOL not moon will do sex pot xx

"lol kitty back in fighting form again - chavtastic - give our love to alfie moon

his name is Alfie_Joe LOL not moon will do sex pot xx"

Or affectionately known as AJ shoplifter extraordinaire lol

Shut it chav !!!

south london

FREEDOM is a completely RELATIVE concept. It is relative to who you are, where you are and when you are.

To this effect it is an ILLUSION in which we indulge ourselves in order not to have to face the true nature of our existence... that we are ultimately enslaved... by our peers, by society, by economics, by our bodies, by our emotions, by our upbringing, by our environment, by our beliefs, by physics, by chemistry, by biology and by our very thoughts...

There are those who claim that all this can be transcended (even to the extent of physical immortality... TAOISM) yet I have not been fortunate enough to have met anyone who has attained such freedom... Maybe that's not possible till One achieves it oneself... Oh Well I'll keep trying I guess..

lol very zen - dope at this time of day OMG

south london

No dope... I'm cultivating a natural high.. The existence of cells receptors for externally administered substances are a clear indication of our ability to internally produce the same substance...

[Removed by poster at 28/05/09 15:57:34]

"No dope... I'm cultivating a natural high.. The existence of cells receptors for externally administered substances are a clear indication of our ability to internally produce the same substance..."

True freedom can only be achieved when one removes the trappings that society places upon us - or was that socks, while posing semi naked for pictures ?? lol

south london

Are we getting personal here??? If so say what you mean... after all you're free to speak, right....

all over the place

"Some very good posts here (a excellent one by Gothica, I haven't quoted it as it would lengthen the thread needlessly but a really well thought out response. Done freely too

To answer another post about being sued for libel for an abusive post made on a forum such as this; I'd like to remind you that we register on this site as a nickname and are not required to supply our real names (I'd give a false one if we had to anyway), so I really don't see how Mr.WishynSiren can be hauled into court for libellous remarks?

The only way I can be traced is via my IP address and I'm not at all sure if this forum has the capability to record IP addresses. In any case, I can visit an obscure Russian website and mask my true IP address, then I can say what I want. The only way to silence me is to ban my account, but have I not exercised my right to free speech?

Yes, I have, but I would have abused that right by making defamatory remarks and therefore deserve to be gagged.

We must always remember that we are responsible for the words we utter and in our abscence our words become representative of our personas, ergo, my words ARE me, they have my thoughts behind them and express my beliefs and views on whatever issue I have commented on. If they are deemed to be hateful, malicious, insulting or intend to defraud anyone for anything then it is correct that they should be condemned and/or censored.

But we have to be careful here as who censors the censors?"

exactly right re ip spinning it is the site owners now who act as publishers and would bear the brunt of a defamaation action.

"Are we getting personal here??? If so say what you mean... after all you're free to speak, right...."

You have my humble apologies - sock abuse is just wrong !

There is no freedom of speech in reallity . One mans freedom is another mans prison, no matter what you say it will always be misconstrued by someone who thinks it is not right to say something.

As to my freedom of speech i am fine since they unglued my lips at the hospital, just gotta wait until my tongue goes down now..lol

York/London/Crantock

stuff the do gooders if u wanna say it its worth saying, there are far to many people these days just sitting, waiting to have a go

If you visit countries that genuinely have no freedom of speech, you'll realise how much freedom we really do have.

While i respect freedom of speech, nobody should have the right to shout fire in a crowded theatre.

That said, it feels like every month we have a little less freedom than we used to.

Forum Mod

"If you visit countries that genuinely have no freedom of speech, you'll realise how much freedom we really do have.

While i respect freedom of speech, nobody should have the right to shout fire in a crowded theatre.

That said, it feels like every month we have a little less freedom than we used to."

What if there's a fire in a crowded theatre?

all over the place

"If you visit countries that genuinely have no freedom of speech, you'll realise how much freedom we really do have.

That said, it feels like every month we have a little less freedom than we used to.

What if there's a fire in a crowded theatre?"

bloody good point there sexybum

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

[Removed by poster at 29/05/09 15:20:47]

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Yorkshiremans mantra:-

See all, hear all, say nowt.

Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.

Good advice!

I speak my mind and if no one likes it tuff shit! lol

south london

"Are we getting personal here??? If so say what you mean... after all you're free to speak, right....

You have my humble apologies - sock abuse is just wrong !"

Just so happens it was a very cold floor and I happen to have very sensitive and quite unattractive feet... in fact I'm very sensitive all over... inside and out... I'm a walking erogenous zone and life gets complicated when you're like that....

apology accepted...

» Add a new message to this topic