FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Childhood memories

Childhood memories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there one place you went to as a child year after year on holiday. My grandparents had a caravan at Valley farm in Clacton and every school holiday was spend there during the 70's and early 80's.

Have so many fond memories of that place I am thinking about getting a caravan there myself.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to go to Clacton but hated it, my fondest memories are of days spent at Walton on the naze, I've taken my children there and intend to often in the future.

Walton was too posh for us. Holland on sea was the furthest we went along the coast.

I lived in four different countries before I was 10 and visited many countries inbetween so I have loads of childhood memories.

I'd love to go back and see where I used to live

My nan's house in South Wales. The street was so steep I was always terrified the car was going to roll down backwards.

By *ooking for bbwsCouple  over a year ago

secret garden chilling, always something to do in the garden

Yep, f went to corwall for lots of holl her uncle ad a carvan site... one day on a walk me sis an nan saw wot we thought a tiger, but turned out to be a cat lol...

Having been born in Clacton and with family still living there I can safely say it's nothing like it was, and that any memories of it you may have will be destroyed if you go to visit

"Walton was too posh for us. Holland on sea was the furthest we went along the coast."

Too posh? It was just a quiet little area, but not as quiet as frinton. Going back I realised why we used to go there, not many rides/amusements so no constant nagging to go on things. A day on the beach with a picnic, hunting for crabs and eating ice cream. Can't beat a cheap and fun day out

"Having been born in Clacton and with family still living there I can safely say it's nothing like it was, and that any memories of it you may have will be destroyed if you go to visit"

So I hear.

Barmouth in Wales was and still is lovely to visit. Lots of nice windy beaches

We used to go Alton towers when you could camp there and it was just a castle and a garden!.

I think my kids would be slightly disappointed if I took them back to that

Cornwall...very happy memories

"Having been born in Clacton and with family still living there I can safely say it's nothing like it was, and that any memories of it you may have will be destroyed if you go to visit"

I have a theory that adults remember these places fondly and decide to move there to raise their own children. Only to discover that seaside towns are lacking in employment opportunities and their children grow up to find nothing to do

My dad buying me my first MX bike.

I was 7 years old and the handlebars were ABOVE my head.

He had to lift me on and off the bike until was about 9...then I could just about get off myself.

My Nan's house overlooking Lake Windermere. My family moved house a lot when I was little so my Nan's was, and still is, the only constant house where we belonged.

Nell

Somewhat... my parents are big into narrowboating so we went on two week round trips to the Fairport Convention Festival at Cropredy when I was 8, 9, 13 & 17.

Oh, and from the ages of 11 until 16 I stayed at my step dad's mum's in Skegness for two weeks every summer.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"My Nan's house overlooking Lake Windermere. My family moved house a lot when I was little so my Nan's was, and still is, the only constant house where we belonged.

Nell"

Spookily similar to me!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Chapel st leanards, then got posh and owned a caravan at wells then got posher and owned a chalet back at chapel only the chalet was bought when my son was born for his holidays.

But when i close my eyes i can still smell the first caravans we stayed in with gas lamps

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Used to go to combe haven at st leonards with best mate and her mum n dad rented a caravan for 2 weeks had to fetch water from a stand pipe every morning went back in our 20;s on our own with posher caravans wasnt the same only entertainment was better

A small caravan park between Corwen and Llandrillo that has the River Dee running through the bottom of it and a stream running down from the hills into the River that ran through the centre of it. Spent many a week swimming, fishing and messing about in a dinghy in the River Dee and building stone damns and skimming stones on the stream.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Blackpool. Every year, 1 week in the summer. And if my Dad pulled enough over time then a weekend trip to see the Illuminations too.

Fond, fond childhood memories. I have photos of me playing the drums and the organ in the Tower Ballroom when I was 5.

When my Grandparents died we threw their ashes off the end of Central Pier.

» Add a new message to this topic