FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Better than desktop!

Better than desktop!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The web app is genuinely better to use that the desktop version........ Please modernise the desktop one! Also a tablet web app would be cool

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"The web app is genuinely better to use that the desktop version........ Please modernise the desktop one! Also a tablet web app would be cool"

What changes would you make to modernise the desktop site?

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A friends button at the top of the page would be cool, along side the hotlist, forum buttons etc...

By *uietman1964Man  over a year ago

carlow

I am no techie but cannot use or see cams on my new samsung..any solution?

"The web app is genuinely better to use that the desktop version........ Please modernise the desktop one! Also a tablet web app would be cool

Admin x"

If you could change the website so when I message a woman, they HAVE to meet me, that would be great

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Admin x

If you could change the website so when I message a woman, they HAVE to meet me, that would be great "

Good luck with that one

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Good luck with that one "
Dear Jezebel .....

By *ayandess1Couple  over a year ago

bridgwater

I never use the desktop one now. Its too difficult to navagate and I find it a little confusing. I use the mobile site. Even on my desktop pc I will uaually find it easier on the mobile site.

The Hci on the desktop version is terrable. Text menus are difficult to navagate and the general layout is counter intuitive.

It needs to be modernised and iconised. The mobile version has links that are easy to recognise and this makes the experience more pleasent. The desktop version is confusing and I hate having to hunt for a link.

If you could create a docked area within the header that had a navagation system similar to the mobile version you would be onto a winner.

A perfect example . Mobile tells me I have a message by turning yellow and displaying an easily noticable icon. The desktop version shows me a tiny piece of text that I have to manually check to make sure its not changed.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

The desktop website does need a face lift.

In general the site, does feel a little old fashioned in it's look and feel, while still functional using the latest web design features would bring the site up to date.

With Responsive web design their becomes a decreased need to design a website for different devices, this gives the user a better experience when using different devices, with the look and feel of the website consistent across multiple devices.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's not really a case of making changes..... It just needs a complete UI redesign, it's very text based and old fashioned. But the mobile app is really very good, just get the same people who designed that to design a new desktop one and voila!

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"It's not really a case of making changes..... It just needs a complete UI redesign, it's very text based and old fashioned. But the mobile app is really very good, just get the same people who designed that to design a new desktop one and voila!"

Like I said you don't need two designs one for desktop and one for mobile, just 1 design that is Responsive web design, it will work out the device and then the output will respond correctly to display everything correctly.

Usually best to buy this type of design from an actual web designer with experience in design as php/asp programmers don't make very good website designs as it's a different skill set, but if your willing to do small changes to the CSS you can make a cheap template fit what you're looking for with just a few hours of effort.

The best bit about Responsive web design is it gives a great user experience and feel across all devices.

Most large website don't have a mobile version of there website anymore as this take extra effort that is now not required.

"The web app is genuinely better to use that the desktop version........ Please modernise the desktop one! Also a tablet web app would be cool"

I use the mobile site on my tablet, just put the m. Instead of www....

» Add a new message to this topic