FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > see whos near

see whos near

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The see whos near part of the site will not work on my phone I have both gps and WiFi switched on , anyone any ideas ? My gps and WiFi both work so must be problem with this site .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What type of phone ? Have you cleared your location settings ? Etc, more info is needed before anyone can help.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Have you given your browser permission to use location settings for the Fab site?

"What type of phone ? Have you cleared your location settings ? Etc, more info is needed before anyone can help."
im using Samsung galaxy fame, as far as I can suss out its set up to allow my location to be shared .

What version of android are you running, i wrote a quick guide for samsungs running stock roms of 4.3 and above, there are slight changes where menus are in 4.1.2 and before.

give this lot a gander and see if it helps

pull down the notifications tab and press the cog button to bring up the settings menu.

select more

select location services in the permisions setting.

whats ticked ?, you need access to my location ticked and at least the use wireless networks ticked.

(You can use the gps option as well but be prepared for a big increase in power drain and a shorter battery life)

Open the stock browser

Press the menu button on your samsung to bring up the options, scroll to settings select that.

select privacy and security

scroll to location access, is enable loaction access ticked, if not tick it.

select clear location access,

Fully close the browser, not just minimize, as touch wiz can get jippy if you dont "start fresh"

Log back onto fab and try whos near

should get a "this site wants to know your location msg" and choose allow.

may take a min or 2 for msg to pop up, so just back out of whos near, perv... i mean browse, and try again.

should all be golden and working after that 

By *jensenCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

My phone is also struggling to pick up who's near.... Works sometimes, but not consistently. Its a Nokia Lumia 925 windows phone...??

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"What version of android are you running, i wrote a quick guide for samsungs running stock roms of 4.3 and above, there are slight changes where menus are in 4.1.2 and before.

give this lot a gander and see if it helps

pull down the notifications tab and press the cog button to bring up the settings menu.

"

Fell at the first hurdle I'm afraid. I did the drag down and it brought up notifications but all I got was 'Wi Fi Networks available,' and 'New voicemail' ?

"

Fell at the first hurdle I'm afraid. I did the drag down and it brought up notifications but all I got was 'Wi Fi Networks available,' and 'New voicemail' ?"

What type of phone is it ?

By *RUBYXCouple  over a year ago

North West

The same happend to me, I download a different browser called Firefox and it now works fine. X x

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I download a different browser called Firefox and it now works fine. X x"
In theory, any browser should work, with the correct settings. Loading a new browser will prompt you for the permissions, but finding and changing them in the existing browser would probably have worked just as well!

Warrington & Glasgow

"Fell at the first hurdle I'm afraid. I did the drag down and it brought up notifications but all I got was 'Wi Fi Networks available,' and 'New voicemail' ?"
At the top right of the Notification Screen there should be an icon for settings. You should also be able to find Settings in your list of apps.

All above failed to correct this its the site format that is wrong me thinks

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and it sorted it out

I had same problem but since i paid to be a site supporter i can see how close other members are tp me

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm 99% certain that has nothing to do with whether you can use Who's Near, although I think it allows to filter by your preferences!

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

manchester

Not sure if anyone can help

I want to get the mobile version it says it is at the bottom it's not there even when I open up in right browser x

Are you using the m.fabswingers.com web address ?

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

manchester

"Are you using the m.fabswingers.com web address ?"

Yes

And its just bringing you to the desktop website ?

If so its a cookie / cached page issue overriding the web address

Delete your cached pages first and try again see if that clears it, if not delete your cache and cookie data. Then try the mobile site again

"What version of android are you running, i wrote a quick guide for samsungs running stock roms of 4.3 and above, there are slight changes where menus are in 4.1.2 and before.

give this lot a gander and see if it helps. Everything is set as u said and still it persists, yet tells me accurately how far each user is on site, this is a site bug and needs fixing, FAB UPDATE UR APP IT AINT WORKING PROPERLY.

select more

select location services in the permisions setting.

whats ticked ?, you need access to my location ticked and at least the use wireless networks ticked.

(You can use the gps option as well but be prepared for a big increase in power drain and a shorter battery life)

Open the stock browser

Press the menu button on your samsung to bring up the options, scroll to settings select that.

select privacy and security

scroll to location access, is enable loaction access ticked, if not tick it.

select clear location access,

Fully close the browser, not just minimize, as touch wiz can get jippy if you dont "start fresh"

Log back onto fab and try whos near

should get a "this site wants to know your location msg" and choose allow.

may take a min or 2 for msg to pop up, so just back out of whos near, perv... i mean browse, and try again.

should all be golden and working after that 

"

Sorry you say it tells you accurately how far people are away,but theres still a problem ???

Must be your phone you turned on in your account

To any couples having this problem, if your partner is logged on at the same time as you the location finder will only pick up whichever of you signed in first.

Hope this helps

» Add a new message to this topic