FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Location settings

Location settings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey ya'll

Ok so I'm having trouble with location settings, I've tried looking for the "3 dots" as the help page suggests but can't find them, when I go on people near me it's bringing people up in Spain and all-sorts, as much as I'd love to be in Spain I'm not haha!

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm guessing that you've been to Spain recently?

Is the location that's given when you switch on Who's near correct for your location? For Rhyl you could expect around 53.32,-3.49.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I'm guessing that you've been to Spain recently?

Is the location that's given when you switch on Who's near correct for your location? For Rhyl you could expect around 53.32,-3.49."

Yeah I work offshore and my rigs in las palmas so just down a month out there, I just cant seem where to find the bit to change it. Cheers

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Your phone needs to get a clear GPS signal for the location to change. I've found in the past that if the phone isn't getting a clear GPS signal, and your browser asks for location, the phone will be "helpful" and supply the last known location, even though that's miles away!

This is a post I made on another thread:
"You haven't said which phone, but have you had a look at a GPS specific app, to get a better idea of why you're GPS isn't working properly?

On Android, there's GPS Essentials which will give you in-depth info e.g. how many satellites your phone has a view of and whether it can get a stable fix. Once you have the GPS sorted out, you'll be able to see whether you still have a browser issue."

» Add a new message to this topic