FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Amazon taxed

Amazon taxed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dsindy OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Source BBC. Not sure if I could post link so have not.

Amazon have paid £290 million in tax as sales surged to £14 BILLION. By my poor maths that's fractionally over 2%.

Wish I could get away with 2% taxation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Source BBC. Not sure if I could post link so have not.

Amazon have paid £290 million in tax as sales surged to £14 BILLION. By my poor maths that's fractionally over 2%.

Wish I could get away with 2% taxation."

Tax isn’t calculated on revenue

By *dsindy OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Correct. Tax is calculated by how much your high priced legal team can hide, write off or manipulate by saying the profits are based in another....more laid back tax calculation country shall we say

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Wish I could get away with 2% taxation.

Tax isn’t calculated on revenue

"

Its not taxed on how much you make?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Correct. Tax is calculated by how much your high priced legal team can hide, write off or manipulate by saying the profits are based in another....more laid back tax calculation country shall we say "

So true

here

"Correct. Tax is calculated by how much your high priced legal team can hide, write off or manipulate by saying the profits are based in another....more laid back tax calculation country shall we say "

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Ah yes, the fascinating story of Luxembourg and one Jean-Claude Juncker..... remember him?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i pay only 3% tax on my business and its perfectly legal

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Companies aren't taxed on turnover.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

How many employees does Amazon have ? All paying taxes! And then they pay taxes as well.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Sales (AKA Turnover) is not profit. Taxes are calculated on profit not sales.

Also is that 14 billion their world wide sales or just in the UK?

If it is world wide then why should the UK have a right to all the tax?

I'm pretty sure they will be paying tax in lots of other countries.

Grantham

Amazon, Apple etc pay the relavent taxes for the country they are in.

At the present time, its just impossible for them to pay any more tax. The system just won't allow it.

Incidently, all these US "giants" have passed on the newl) 2% digital tax to their customers and suppliers!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Correct. Tax is calculated by how much your high priced legal team can hide, write off or manipulate by saying the profits are based in another....more laid back tax calculation country shall we say

Ah yes, the fascinating story of Luxembourg and one Jean-Claude Juncker..... remember him?

"

Yes I remember him. Although after a few large Brandies I doubt that he remembers much.

Luxembourg is quite useful though.

When we drive down to Spain we always top up the diesel and stock up on ciggies there.

Ciggies are just over a fiver against France at nearly a tenner, and diesel is usually around 1€ a litre against around 1.60 on the French motorways.

It's cheap so we use it. Why not?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

So cynical,but internationa; companies can subvert national tax systems.

You want to stop it do not buy off these companies,boycott them etc.Without us buying they do not make money.Stop the global economy etc

It is the way of the world

liverpool

"How many employees does Amazon have ? All paying taxes! And then they pay taxes as well.

"

And?

liverpool

"Amazon, Apple etc pay the relavent taxes for the country they are in.

At the present time, its just impossible for them to pay any more tax. The system just won't allow it.

Incidently, all these US "giants" have passed on the newl) 2% digital tax to their customers and suppliers! "

I thought there were some issues concerning amazon re tax?

liverpool

"Correct. Tax is calculated by how much your high priced legal team can hide, write off or manipulate by saying the profits are based in another....more laid back tax calculation country shall we say So cynical,but internationa; companies can subvert national tax systems.

You want to stop it do not buy off these companies,boycott them etc.Without us buying they do not make money.Stop the global economy etc

It is the way of the world "

I think that's the 1st time I have ever agreed with you.

I dont particularly like Amazon but you cannot fault the service they provide.

Bristol

"How many employees does Amazon have ? All paying taxes! And then they pay taxes as well.

And?"

Because that’s how it’s worked out, companies pay tax according to profits ect. If you employ people it’s taken into account that you provide a employment to people who pay tax.

Take away the company = no jobs = no tax being paid by employees no revenue for government.

They pay the tax that the rules say they have to pay.

Only a fool would pay more then they need to.

liverpool

And?

Because that’s how it’s worked out, companies pay tax according to profits ect. If you employ people it’s taken into account that you provide a employment to people who pay tax.

Take away the company = no jobs = no tax being paid by employees no revenue for government.

Only a fool would pay more then they need to."

So you are quite happy for companies to make millions of pounds and pay as little in tax as possible?

here

And?

So you are quite happy for companies to make millions of pounds and pay as little in tax as possible?"

Are you unhappy with companies investing in infrastructure and jobs ?

liverpool

And?

So you are quite happy for companies to make millions of pounds and pay as little in tax as possible?

Are you unhappy with companies investing in infrastructure and jobs ?"

Strange answer.

here

And?

Strange answer.

"

Not really ... think about it.

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

Not really ... think about it."

Well 1st of all it's a question not an answer.

When a company does well the profits are made through the hard work of the employees. So they are hardly doing anyone a big favour.

I dont think its unreasonable therefore to expect it to pay it's fair share in tax.

So my original question still stands.

here

And?

Strange answer.

When a company does well the profits are made through the hard work of the employees. So they are hardly doing anyone a big favour.

I dont think its unreasonable therefore to expect it to pay it's fair share in tax.

So my original question still stands."

And how is the company able to grow and employ more people ?

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

And how is the company able to grow and employ more people ?"

By making money

And?

Strange answer.

And how is the company able to grow and employ more people ?"

It's an excellent point. There is a real danger of tiny companies like Amazon being unable to grow or employ more than 2 or 3 people...

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

It's an excellent point. There is a real danger of tiny companies like Amazon being unable to grow or employ more than 2 or 3 people..."

liverpool

Paying someone to work their arse of for less than £9an hour has become an act of altruism.

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money"

You know it costs you money to make money ?

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

You know it costs you money to make money ?"

Another very good point. Amazon is famously poor.

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

You know it costs you money to make money ?"

I'm lost at to what you are trying to make?

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Another very good point. Amazon is famously poor."

no one is denying that Amazon makes money

The point is for them to make money, and provide employment, there has to be growth investment... which costs money

Its the same for all companies big and small.

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

The point is for them to make money, and provide employment, there has to be growth investment... which costs money

"

I'm sure that plucky little underdog would really struggle to survive if it paid more than a pittance in tax. Why don't more people have sympathy for such an incredibly rich multinational?

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

"

Maybe we should just exempt them from paying tax completely?

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

I'm sure that plucky little underdog would really struggle to survive if it paid more than a pittance in tax. Why don't more people have sympathy for such an incredibly rich multinational?"

Some plucky little underdogs are actually using Amazon to grow their business... and doing very well, perhaps better than they would have done had they stuck their head in the sand and simply moaned about how terrible Amazon is...

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Maybe we should just exempt them from paying tax completely?"

Who said anything about exempting them from paying tax... and why would we.

They pay the same tax that any other business is required to, calculated on profits - sales minus costs1

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

I'm sure that plucky little underdog would really struggle to survive if it paid more than a pittance in tax. Why don't more people have sympathy for such an incredibly rich multinational?

Some plucky little underdogs are actually using Amazon to grow their business... and doing very well, perhaps better than they would have done had they stuck their head in the sand and simply moaned about how terrible Amazon is..."

Have we reached the point of this conversation where you give up defending Amazon directly and try to shift the goalposts?

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Some plucky little underdogs are actually using Amazon to grow their business... and doing very well, perhaps better than they would have done had they stuck their head in the sand and simply moaned about how terrible Amazon is...

Have we reached the point of this conversation where you give up defending Amazon directly and try to shift the goalposts?"

Just to be clear... from a business point of view I dislike Amazon, always have and always will.

Are they paying the required tax on profits - yes.

They use the same rules available to all businesses.

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Have we reached the point of this conversation where you give up defending Amazon directly and try to shift the goalposts?

Just to be clear... from a business point of view I dislike Amazon, always have and always will.

"

Not really the point. Is Amazon paying too little in tax? Yes. Clearly.

If the laws let them pay that amount, the laws are grotesquely unfair.

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

If the laws let them pay that amount, the laws are grotesquely unfair."

How would you calculate tax for businesses?

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

"

Ah now we've reached the point of this discussion where you apply that old trick that I need to know every tiny detail of tax law otherwise I have no right to comment on this issue.

Couldn't experts in law and tax be consulted about how much Amazon should actually pay? That wouldn't be too hard.

Are you actually happy Amazon pays so little in tax btw?

liverpool

The all party select committee has slammed Amazon for the amount of tax they pay,calling it 'obnoxious'

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Ah now we've reached the point of this discussion where you apply that old trick that I need to know every tiny detail of tax law otherwise I have no right to comment on this issue.

Couldn't experts in law and tax be consulted about how much Amazon should actually pay? That wouldn't be too hard."

You are unhappy with the amount of tax they pay, so you don’t think it’s fair to tax a company on its profits .

You don’t need to know about corporate tax structures to be able to make a suggestion .

How much should they be paying ?

(Ps..whether I am happy or not about how much tax they pay is irrelevant , but I do think the tax they pay is in line with the same rules used by businesses in the country - as long as they are legal then I’m ok with it. I’m very happy they are investing so much into infrastructure and job creation - 2 new massive DCs in the North East )

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Couldn't experts in law and tax be consulted about how much Amazon should actually pay? That wouldn't be too hard.

You are unhappy with the amount of tax they pay, so you don’t think it’s fair to tax a company on its profits .

You don’t need to know about corporate tax structures to be able to make a suggestion .

(Ps..whether I am happy or not about how much tax they pay is irrelevant , but I do think the tax they pay is in line with the same rules used by businesses in the country - as long as they are legal then I’m ok with it. I’m very happy they are investing so much into infrastructure and job creation - 2 new massive DCs in the North East )"

Pretty sure we covered this. I'm not an expert in every detail of tax and law. That's why I suggested experts should be asked how much Amazon should actually pay.

And I'm not surprised you're happy with what Amazon pays in tax. After all, you have spent some time defending them.

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

(Ps..whether I am happy or not about how much tax they pay is irrelevant , but I do think the tax they pay is in line with the same rules used by businesses in the country - as long as they are legal then I’m ok with it. I’m very happy they are investing so much into infrastructure and job creation - 2 new massive DCs in the North East )"

So the select committee have got it all wrong?

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

(Ps..whether I am happy or not about how much tax they pay is irrelevant , but I do think the tax they pay is in line with the same rules used by businesses in the country - as long as they are legal then I’m ok with it. I’m very happy they are investing so much into infrastructure and job creation - 2 new massive DCs in the North East )

Pretty sure we covered this. I'm not an expert in every detail of tax and law. That's why I suggested experts should be asked how much Amazon should actually pay.

And I'm not surprised you're happy with what Amazon pays in tax. After all, you have spent some time defending them."

Sounds like you don't want to stick your neck out and make a suggestion.

You think/feel that 290 million on sales of 14 billion isn't enough and will say so.

So what figure would make you feel happy - a ballpark/finger in the wind figure will be acceptable.

(Ps. I'm not defending Amazon, I'm defending the right of any business to pay the required amount of tax according to the law)

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

And I'm not surprised you're happy with what Amazon pays in tax. After all, you have spent some time defending them.

You think/feel that 290 million on sales of 14 billion isn't enough and will say so.

So what figure would make you feel happy - a ballpark/finger in the wind figure will be acceptable.

(Ps. I'm not defending Amazon, I'm defending the right of any business to pay the required amount of tax according to the law)"

This is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I'll say it once more. I'm not an expert in every detail of tax and law. That's why I suggested experts should be asked how much Amazon should actually pay.

See, I actually believe in listening to experts.

And yes you are defending Amazon paying a pittance in tax. You have been doing that for qute a long time on this thread. It's odd you can't see as much.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Has Amazon broken any laws in relation to their tax payments?

If they have then prosecute.

If they have not then change the law but be aware if you change the law it affects many companies not just Amazon

"Has Amazon broken any laws in relation to their tax payments?

If they have not then change the law but be aware if you change the law it affects many companies not just Amazon

"

Absolutely. If they've broken laws, they should be prosecuted.

If they haven't, the laws clearly need changing.

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

(Ps. I'm not defending Amazon, I'm defending the right of any business to pay the required amount of tax according to the law)

This is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I'll say it once more. I'm not an expert in every detail of tax and law. That's why I suggested experts should be asked how much Amazon should actually pay.

And yes you are defending Amazon paying a pittance in tax. You have been doing that for qute a long time on this thread. It's odd you can't see as much."

If its only experts who can suggest company tax amounts why are you commenting that they are not paying enough?

Whats your basis for thinking its not enough.

Why are you able to think its not enough but unable to say how much is a more appropriate amount?

If they haven't, the laws clearly need changing."

Just an aside..would be ironic slightly if they have broken any law..then be hounded by a government that admits to breaking international law.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

If they haven't, the laws clearly need changing..

Just an aside..would be ironic slightly if they have broken any law..then be hounded by a government that admits to breaking international law. "

Ha fair point. As far as I know they are within the law so unless those laws are changed the situation will remain. If the law is changed it is changed for all not just Amazon and not all companies are as wealthy as them

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

And yes you are defending Amazon paying a pittance in tax. You have been doing that for qute a long time on this thread. It's odd you can't see as much.

If its only experts who can suggest company tax amounts why are you commenting that they are not paying enough?

Why are you able to think its not enough but unable to say how much is a more appropriate amount?

"

Why am I claiming Amazon should pay more tax. Hmmmm dunno. Maybe, just maybe, a vast and rich company should pay more than about 2% tax on their earnings.

The average worker pays a much higher rate, despite earning far, far less.

Isn't that enough to say perhaps, just perhaps, something unfair is going on?

I never claimed to be an expert on tax, but it seems blindingly obvious that Amazon pays far too little in tax.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

And?

Only a fool would pay more then they need to."

Wasn't there a few directors complaining at the beginning of the lockdown, they had legally paid very little in tax. They wanted more of a hand out from the government than they were entitled to, due to the handouts being based on tax paid.

liverpool

And?

Wasn't there a few directors complaining at the beginning of the lockdown, they had legally paid very little in tax. They wanted more of a hand out from the government than they were entitled to, due to the handouts being based on tax paid."

Apparently its perfectly acceptable for big companies to hire armies of accountants to exploit every loophole in the sun but if someone blags the sick they are public enemy no 1.

You have to wonder who they will then blame if they cant have an operation as the NHS is skint.

liverpool

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

Why am I claiming Amazon should pay more tax. Hmmmm dunno. Maybe, just maybe, a vast and rich company should pay more than about 2% tax on their earnings.

I never claimed to be an expert on tax, but it seems blindingly obvious that Amazon pays far too little in tax."

I'm guessing companies like Amazon have teams of accountants.

So what do they actually do?

Look for ways in which the company can pay as least tax as possible.

What happened with all then celebs a few years ago who got done with 'aggressive accounting 'was it called?

here

And?

Strange answer.

By making money

I never claimed to be an expert on tax, but it seems blindingly obvious that Amazon pays far too little in tax."

If you think its blindingly obvious they are paying too little in tax, what do you think is a blindly obvious amount they should be paying.

You have worked out that 290 million is approximately 2% of their sales of 14 billion. If you think that's not enough, what percentage should it be, and would you really charge the amount of business tax to be paid based on the sales revenue.

Annnnd round and round it goes. *sigh*

Do I think it's blindingly obvious one of the richest companies in the world should pay more tax here since they only pay about 2%? Um ... yes.

Am I a tax expert? And did I ever claim to be? Um... no.

Another revelation.: it's easy to tell water is wet without having a PHD in any science.

here

"Annnnd round and round it goes. *sigh*

Do I think it's blindingly obvious one of the richest companies in the world should pay more tax here since they only pay about 2%? Um ... yes.

Am I a tax expert? And did I ever claim to be? Um... no."

I'm not suggesting you are a tax expert... but you say it is blindingly obvious they are not paying enough tax.

You can stop this going round and round by answering a really simple question that requires no expertise or tax knowledge - it would be your opinion - what amount should they pay?

I'm not suggesting you are a tax expert... but you say it is blindingly obvious they are not paying enough tax.

You can stop this going round and round by answering a really simple question that requires no expertise or tax knowledge - it would be your opinion - what amount should they pay?

"

I have a strange feeling of deja vu. Almost like we've been here before...

How many times do I need to say I'm not a tax expert? I'd ask experts who have no links to Amazon whatsoever.

here

How many times do I need to say I'm not a tax expert? I'd ask experts who have no links to Amazon whatsoever."

So how do you know 293 million isn’t enough ?

How many times do I need to say I'm not a tax expert? I'd ask experts who have no links to Amazon whatsoever.

So how do you know 293 million isn’t enough ?"

Aaaand we're back here again. It's almost as if you didn't bother to read a previous comment. So here it is again. Copied and pasted. Enjoy:

Am I a tax expert? And did I ever claim to be? Um... no

Have a bonus copy and paste that seems relevant:

Another revelation.: it's easy to tell water is wet without having a PHD in any science.

here

Aaaand we're back here again. It's almost as if you didn't bother to read a previous comment. So here it is again. Copied and pasted. Enjoy:

Am I a tax expert? And did I ever claim to be? Um... no"

tax isn’t calculated on sales ...

"

Yes. Tax is calculated on a bunch of things. That doesn't change the fact Amazon has paid a pittance in tax here compared to what they earn. And that seems grotesquely unfair. What is so hard to understand about this?

here

Yes. Tax is calculated on a bunch of things. That doesn't change the fact Amazon has paid a pittance in tax here compared to what they earn. And that seems grotesquely unfair. What is so hard to understand about this?"

How much have they earned ?

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I often wonder what the reaction of the authorities would be if one of the big accountancy firms arrived outside a Job Centre or a food bank and explained to the poor and hungry all the benefits they were legally entitled to , completing all the complicated forms and pointing out any legitimate loop holes in "the system"

Yes. Tax is calculated on a bunch of things. That doesn't change the fact Amazon has paid a pittance in tax here compared to what they earn. And that seems grotesquely unfair. What is so hard to understand about this?

"

You know... it's increasingly clear this will be a pointless and endless discussion.

The amounts Amazon have earned and paid in tax are easy to google. Look em up.

Many people think they pay far too little in tax. I'm one of them. You're not. That rather sums it all up, doesn't it?

here

You know... it's increasingly clear this will be a pointless and endless discussion.

Many people think they pay far too little in tax. I'm one of them. You're not. That rather sums it all up, doesn't it?

"

They pay the tax they are legally due to pay - just like any other business.

That sums it up

That sums it up "

(And the laws are grotesquely unjust.)

You missed that bit.

here

That sums it up

You missed that bit."

Which part of the law is unjust - the tax rate of 19%, business rates, not paying tax on infrastructure investment ?

That sums it up

You missed that bit.

Which part of the law is unjust - the tax rate of 19%, business rates, not paying tax on infrastructure investment ?"

Just reread our conversation from the following copied and pasted paragraph. Then go and watch Groundhog Day.

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

Dont be ridiculous , we / businesses pay corperation / tax on what we earn and what the income is £

What stupid comment.

Grantham

As its been proved (Apple v EU), these American giants have the best lawyers possible. The EU are finding it very hard to bring these companies into line.

And to me, this was one of the flaws with John McDonnel's plan to hit them with higher taxes to fund Labour's spending plans. They are always one step ahead, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"

I wonder what Amazon's PAYE bill is every month??

here

I wonder what Amazon's PAYE bill is every month?? "

30k employees .... I'm thinking it may be grotesquely substantial.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2020/feb/05/amazon-workers-protest-unsafe-grueling-conditions-warehouse

Those workers must consider themselves blessed

liverpool

6 years ago there was a formal European investigation into the amount of tax paid.

Recently, as mentioned yday the all party committee on responsible tax said ansxkn had a 'moral duty 'to pay more tax.

Obviously I'm not an expert on tax but you would have thought there was something amiss if the highest levels of british and European gmnts were making a stand?

Apparently not.

here

how immoral of them to invest in creating more jobs...and pay the required amount of tax...

liverpool

"how immoral of them to invest in creating more jobs...and pay the required amount of tax...

"

Yep.

Think they are just about ready for sainthood according to that guardian article.

"how immoral of them to invest in creating more jobs...and pay the required amount of tax...

"

You know what else used to create jobs and be in line with the law? Slavery.

(It didn't make it right, though.)

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"6 years ago there was a formal European investigation into the amount of tax paid.

Recently, as mentioned yday the all party committee on responsible tax said ansxkn had a 'moral duty 'to pay more tax.

Obviously I'm not an expert on tax but you would have thought there was something amiss if the highest levels of british and European gmnts were making a stand?

Apparently not."

they say moral duty what does the law say? because uf there within the law there doi.g nothing wrong mabey these goverments should change the law to make em pay more tax why aint they doi.g that instead of telling them morally they have to pay more.no one pays more than they legally have to

"6 years ago there was a formal European investigation into the amount of tax paid.

Apparently not.

they say moral duty what does the law say? because uf there within the law there doi.g nothing wrong mabey these goverments should change the law to make em pay more tax why aint they doi.g that instead of telling them morally they have to pay more.no one pays more than they legally have to"

When laws are unjust, it's perfectly possible to do wrong while obeying the letter of the law.

But yes the laws should be changed.

It's likely certain laws tend not to be changed because certain rich and powerful people benefit from eg tax havens and loopholes.

liverpool

Apparently not.

they say moral duty what does the law say? because uf there within the law there doi.g nothing wrong mabey these goverments should change the law to make em pay more tax why aint they doi.g that instead of telling them morally they have to pay more.no one pays more than they legally have to"

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

Is it acceptable for big companies to pay as little tax as possible?

borehamwood

"I often wonder what the reaction of the authorities would be if one of the big accountancy firms arrived outside a Job Centre or a food bank and explained to the poor and hungry all the benefits they were legally entitled to , completing all the complicated forms and pointing out any legitimate loop holes in "the system" "

if you dont mind reading pages and pages and pages of stuff its quite easy to get more than they want to give you in benefits.there not even loopholes its just the yob centre will only give you the bare minimum and will never be firthcoming about what your actually entitled to.hey i likley to have to sign on before he end of the year and i wont be settling for the 70 odd quid a week they offer

borehamwood

Apparently not.

they say moral duty what does the law say? because uf there within the law there doi.g nothing wrong mabey these goverments should change the law to make em pay more tax why aint they doi.g that instead of telling them morally they have to pay more.no one pays more than they legally have to

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

Is it acceptable for big companies to pay as little tax as possible?"

it might not be acceptable no but again are they breaking the law? if not why wont goverments here and in europe change the law? it seems strange that they say they should pay more tax but wont do anything to make them.like i said who in there right mind would pay more than they are supposed to?? i dont know anyone who would pay more tax than they have to.

liverpool

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

it might not be acceptable no but again are they breaking the law? if not why wont goverments here and in europe change the law? it seems strange that they say they should pay more tax but wont do anything to make them.like i said who in there right mind would pay more than they are supposed to?? i dont know anyone who would pay more tax than they have to. "

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

The issue is most working people dont get a chance to decide what tax they pay.

They are told and if they blag it they go to jail.

Big companies like Amazon and numerous others use every trick in the book to pay as little as possible.

Look at that phillip green cunt..he is a millionaire and swerved paying £160m in tax

How the fuck is that right?

borehamwood

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

it might not be acceptable no but again are they breaking the law? if not why wont goverments here and in europe change the law? it seems strange that they say they should pay more tax but wont do anything to make them.like i said who in there right mind would pay more than they are supposed to?? i dont know anyone who would pay more tax than they have to.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Big companies like Amazon and numerous others use every trick in the book to pay as little as possible.

Look at that phillip green cunt..he is a millionaire and swerved paying £160m in tax

How the fuck is that right?"

again are they breaking any laws? if not then thats life.if it upsets you so much lobby your m.p write letters start a campaign.moaning on a swingers site isnt gina change anything

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

again are they breaking any laws? if not then thats life.if it upsets you so much lobby your m.p write letters start a campaign.moaning on a swingers site isnt gina change anything"

It's a politics forum. It's not unreasonable to discuss this here.

Also, as I said earlier, slavery used to be legal. In your view, does that mean slavery was fine and above board?

PS legal or not, slavery is bad.

liverpool

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

again are they breaking any laws? if not then thats life.if it upsets you so much lobby your m.p write letters start a campaign.moaning on a swingers site isnt gina change anything"

Do you know if the NHS runs out of money and people start dying because the hospital cant afford Medical equipment.

Will you shrug your shoulders and say that's life?

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

again are they breaking any laws? if not then thats life.if it upsets you so much lobby your m.p write letters start a campaign.moaning on a swingers site isnt gina change anything

Do you know if the NHS runs out of money and people start dying because the hospital cant afford Medical equipment.

Will you shrug your shoulders and say that's life?"

Noooo I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

But he might shrug and say "that's death."

liverpool

When you have thousands of people sleeping rough..kids going hungry..but normal people are happy to defend one of the richest people on the planet for exploring tax loopholes..you know you are lost down the rabbit hole.

No proper working class party would stand a chance in this country.

borehamwood

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Also, as I said earlier, slavery used to be legal. In your view, does that mean slavery was fine and above board?"

so now amazon are like plantation owners lol ffs get a grip man.dont like em dont give em your money i know i dont

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Also, as I said earlier, slavery used to be legal. In your view, does that mean slavery was fine and above board?

so now amazon are like plantation owners lol ffs get a grip man.dont like em dont give em your money i know i dont"

Not what I said at all.

Slavery used to be legal. By your logic, does that mean it was perfectly fine?

borehamwood

"When you have thousands of people sleeping rough..kids going hungry..but normal people are happy to defend one of the richest people on the planet for exploring tax loopholes..you know you are lost down the rabbit hole.

No proper working class party would stand a chance in this country.

"

i didnt say i was defending them at all im saying no one will pay anymore tax than they legally have to.i dont know 1 self empiyed person who pays the right amount of tax.and i hate to break it to you but we have had homelessness and kids goung hungry fir decades it nit just happend in the last 10 years no matter how much you like to think it has. like i said get of your arse lionel and do something about it. forward the revelution and all that

borehamwood

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

so now amazon are like plantation owners lol ffs get a grip man.dont like em dont give em your money i know i dont

Not what I said at all.

Slavery used to be legal. By your logic, does that m

ean it was perfectly fine?"

haha wonderd how long it would take you to put words in my mouth lol where have i said slavery was ok. love the way you keep saying amazon are like slave owners there employees are free to leave whenever they want and im pretty sure they dont keep them in chains. surprissed you not called me a bootlicker or some sort of ist yet.thats udually you lot on the lefts go to thing if someone dont agree with your view of the world

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Not what I said at all.

ean it was perfectly fine?

haha wonderd how long it would take you to put words in my mouth lol where have i said slavery was ok. love the way you keep saying amazon are like slave owners there employees are free to leave whenever they want and im pretty sure they dont keep them in chains. surprissed you not called me a bootlicker or some sort of ist yet.thats udually you lot on the lefts go to thing if someone dont agree with your view of the world"

Again, not at all what I said. I simply asked if you thought slavery was fine since it used to be in line with the law. That's the logic you've been applying by arguing it's ok that Amazon pay v little tax since it's all legal.

I didn't say Amazon were like slave owners at all.

You still haven't answered the question, by the way. How hard is it to say that slavery is and was bad, even when it was legal?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Nobody wants to pay more taxes than they have to not your local plumber or a big multi billion pound company.

True the employed don't have a choice how much tax they pay but luckily there ae big companies that will employ them and pay extra tax, NI, pension etc on top of their normal wages for the privilege.

Its the government who is responsible for tax rules and regulations and its their duty to cover up loopholes and make the regulations clearer so there aren't any.

borehamwood

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Not what I said at all.

haha wonderd how long it would take you to put words in my mouth lol where have i said slavery was ok. love the way you keep saying amazon are like slave owners there employees are free to leave whenever they want and im pretty sure they dont keep them in chains. surprissed you not called me a bootlicker or some sort of ist yet.thats udually you lot on the lefts go to thing if someone dont agree with your view of the world

Again, not at all what I said. I simply asked if you thought slavery was fine since it used to be in line with the law. That's the logic you've been applying by arguing it's ok that Amazon pay v little tax since it's all legal.

You still haven't answered the question, by the way. How hard is it to say that slavery is and was bad, even when it was legal?"

refer yiu to the top of this i never said slavery was right .i never would say slavery was right i was born in a different centuary.but um sure if you went back to the 1800s majirity of people would have a different opinion on it.as for amazon like i said to lionel if it bothers you that much start a campaign against them.harrass your m.p or be like me dont give them your money simple. i kniw you think that morally people should do the right thing but they dont.if its legal people will do it.if its not legal they wont.why is it so hard for you to realise not everyone thinks the same as everyone else.personaly im gad we aint all the same i cant think of anything more boring

Apparently not.

So I'll ask a 2nd time.

So it's not acceptable.?

Thank you.

Not what I said at all.

You still haven't answered the question, by the way. How hard is it to say that slavery is and was bad, even when it was legal?

refer yiu to the top of this i never said slavery was right .i never would say slavery was right i was born in a different centuary.but um sure if you went back to the 1800s majirity of people would have a different opinion on it.as for amazon like i said to lionel if it bothers you that much start a campaign against them.harrass your m.p or be like me dont give them your money simple. i kniw you think that morally people should do the right thing but they dont.if its legal people will do it.if its not legal they wont.why is it so hard for you to realise not everyone thinks the same as everyone else.personaly im gad we aint all the same i cant think of anything more boring"

Oddly enough, you still haven't said slavery was wrong. You seem remarkably resistant to saying that simple thing. That's slightly worrying.

Moving on...

Sure, times change. We'll never truly know what was in the head of anybody back then. But when a thing is legal, certain people will argue that means it's fine to do. That's why I confronted you with this example on this particular thread.

I actually do boycott Amazon. But I think writing to somebody in the political process would achieve nothing at all. And I'm discussing this issue here because it's the topic of the thread.

And here, you say things that really don't stack up. You said "i kniw you think that morally people should do the right thing but they dont.if its legal people will do it.if its not legal they wont."

People don't do the right thing just because it's morally right? Really? So people don't help each other just because it's right? And they don't give to charity just because it's right? People don't stand up for others or save the lives of others because it's right? (There are many examples that show these things happen. Not always of course, but there are many examples.)

And people never do illegal things? Really? And people only do things if they're legal? Really?

And I know different people think in different ways. Everybody does. I'm not even sure why you threw that odd accusation at me at the end.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

So if I'm right,people are suggesting that Amazon pay UK tax on sales in other countries ?

Seems a bizarre suggestion even from a swinger lol

borehamwood

If you read my last reply you will see i said I've reversed slavery was right and never would.just because I'm not saying what you want me to say your trying to say I agree with slavery lol.give your head a wobble mate.trying to shame me won't work.now run along young man xx

borehamwood

damn auto text ive reserved should read never said

"If you read my last reply you will see i said I've reversed slavery was right and never would.just because I'm not saying what you want me to say your trying to say I agree with slavery lol.give your head a wobble mate.trying to shame me won't work.now run along young man xx"

I just think it's bizarre you're so resistant to simply saying slavery was wrong. It's very odd.

Oh well, you don't want to say it. Have a nice day.

Manchester

"So if I'm right,people are suggesting that Amazon pay UK tax on sales in other countries ?

Seems a bizarre suggestion even from a swinger lol"

It’s like this

Amazon sell £100million goods in U.K. .

They make say £10million profit . Tax on that in UK 22% . So tax payable would be £2.2million

Their Irish office knows they are going to make £10million in UK so they invoice U.K. office £10million as a service charge before l accounts done.

Result - U.K. makes no profit . Ireland makes £10million and then pays tax at 7% £700k

Amazon save £1.5 million in taxes .

It’s really that simple . Just add billions instead of Millions .

Ireland is now the 7th richest country in the world due to big tech companies registering in Dublin for tax purposes.

The only tax Amazon pay in U.K. is council tax and PAYE.

Their big profits are scuttled away sharpish .

liverpool

"So if I'm right,people are suggesting that Amazon pay UK tax on sales in other countries ?

It’s like this

They make say £10million profit . Tax on that in UK 22% . So tax payable would be £2.2million

Their Irish office knows they are going to make £10million in UK so they invoice U.K. office £10million as a service charge before l accounts done.

Result - U.K. makes no profit . Ireland makes £10million and then pays tax at 7% £700k

Ireland is now the 7th richest country in the world due to big tech companies registering in Dublin for tax purposes.

"

How is that legal?

here

It’s like this

"

Since 2015 Amazon have reduced/stoppd the practice of using corporate structure to shift profits (Prior to 2015 it was Luxembourg that was used - I always thought it crazy that supplier invoices were sent to Slough, but made out to Amazon sarl Luxembourg )

Manchester

It’s like this

How is that legal?"

Perfectly legal

Most major shipping lines such as Maersk are based in Denmark as ship owners only pay around 3% corporation tax there.

Every global shipping company has an office in Copenhagen.

The owner of the Daily Mail lives in Wiltshire but claims non domicile residence as do all the Rusdian billionaire residents of London.

They all pay Zero tax.

It’s knowing how to play the system.

Most global monster corporations avoid serious tax. It’s how their owners become Billionaires.

The EU had started the process to clamp down. The elite of the UK poured money into backing Brexit.

It made me laugh when Cummings claimed the elite wanted to stay in the EU. The bloody don’t.

They have no intention of being collared by the EU.

The rich backed Boris election to leader of the Tory party. One investment company gave him £850k

Ask yourself why would they do that?

The same company made £350m in currency trades the day of the referendum result being announced.

Vested interests - of course there are.

The rest of us are just muppets along for the ride.

liverpool

It’s like this

How is that legal?

Perfectly legal

Most major shipping lines such as Maersk are based in Denmark as ship owners only pay around 3% corporation tax there.

Every global shipping company has an office in Copenhagen.

The owner of the Daily Mail lives in Wiltshire but claims non domicile residence as do all the Rusdian billionaire residents of London.

They all pay Zero tax.

It’s knowing how to play the system.

Most global monster corporations avoid serious tax. It’s how their owners become Billionaires.

The EU had started the process to clamp down. The elite of the UK poured money into backing Brexit.

It made me laugh when Cummings claimed the elite wanted to stay in the EU. The bloody don’t.

They have no intention of being collared by the EU.

The rich backed Boris election to leader of the Tory party. One investment company gave him £850k

Ask yourself why would they do that?

The same company made £350m in currency trades the day of the referendum result being announced.

Vested interests - of course there are.

The rest of us are just muppets along for the ride. "

And as evidenced in this thread, unless it affects then directly,people literally couldnt give a fuck.

Instead they will complain about immigrants or scroungers..but millionaires playing the system.. what are you going to do?

Bristol

Millionaires tend to employ people scroungers don’t

liverpool

"Millionaires tend to employ people scroungers don’t "

They should use that as the tory motto

» Add a new message to this topic