FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is Boris incompetent?

Is Boris incompetent?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ervent_fervour OP   Man  over a year ago

Halifax

Yes or no. No dilly dallying. No flip flopping.

And no. I don't mean is he just a bit crap. I mean incompetent.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes or no. No dilly dallying. No flip flopping.

And no. I don't mean is he just a bit crap. I mean incompetent. "

Is the Pope catholic?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Biting my tongue, mmmphyesphhhm.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Is this a trick question?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's almost a pointless question because I don't think he's even trying to be a good prime minister for the country. Can you be incompetent at something you're not really trying to achieve?

He just wants to be important and rich and shag around.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He is surrounded by an incompetent cabinet and he says things without thinking about weather it can be done.

If you look at the world he is the same as many other leaders.

Boris is gutless and is not firing the idiots around him.

He is poor very poor and could do a lot better but incompetent is not the right word for me

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Yes

He's not incompetent in everything. He has several children.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Yes

His one skill is bullshitting stupid people. Three word slogans dictate our society.

What happened to the brain of the average person? Have they all gone on holiday?

The guy is false beyond description and when you scrutinise yes he is incompetent.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

"No"

He was best of bad bunch when voted Prime Minister. Even I would have won election against Corbyn.. He walked into a fire with Brexit and is now in middle of the Tsunami that came after it. Doing as well as can be expected. Its not the Governments fault we goong back into localise lockdown its the members of the public who have no common sense.

Manchester

He’s good at bullshitting.

Not a good liar as he keeps getting caught.

Can’t count as not sure how many children.

He’s good at getting an argument of pro Brexit across to people who have little knowledge of the impact ( Cameron to blame here) but to then not actually have an actual plan. That’s incompetent.

A low tax, high tech off shore country likened to Taiwan or Singapore is what’s being pushed. Ask the low paid of both countries how that’s working out. The rich seem to be doing just dandy thanks ( James Dyson being one)

Anyone see a pattern here.

Incompetent and not fit for office is my opinion

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Out of his depth..

A classis Bertie bullshitter who has been found out..

"It's almost a pointless question because I don't think he's even trying to be a good prime minister for the country. Can you be incompetent at something you're not really trying to achieve?

He just wants to be important and rich and shag around.

"

Spot on, he just doesn’t care, he will be gone in less than 12 months

Manchester

"No

He was best of bad bunch when voted Prime Minister. Even I would have won election against Corbyn.. He walked into a fire with Brexit and is now in middle of the Tsunami that came after it. Doing as well as can be expected. Its not the Governments fault we goong back into localise lockdown its the members of the public who have no common sense."

Locking down earlier would have helped - that’s the government.

Different rules in each region Wales Scotland England NI should be the same. The government needs to address that but no effort there.

Lack of PPE . The home office were warned about the lack of kit two years before and did nothing . That’s the government.

Strange how when we didn’t have masked they weren’t needed. Now we’ve got a supply they are mandatory. The advice was there but subdued .

Government action much earlier would have resulted in the stupid public not being such a great risk.

The government is shocking.

How was Boris allowed to get that top job. Oh yes hedge fund and Russian backing to become leader and therefore prime minister..

The Brexit fiasco and Corbyn not understanding the consequences of an early election has resulted

in this country being handed over to be run by a corrupt leader and supported by a legion of yes men that is just too shocking to believe is real.

He's successful by his own measure. He's got a good control over the media, has people voting for him regardless of his much open distain he shows for normal folk and he can freely implement policies that benefit himself and his Eton buddies.

He's made the most of the Covid situation as a smoke screen for causing the most beneficial version of brexit for himself and his mates.

So I would suggest he's not incompetent.

He's incompetent at the job he's supposed to be doing; doing the best for this country and its people.

However he's competent at bullshitting.

"He's incompetent at the job he's supposed to be doing; doing the best for this country and its people.

However he's competent at bullshitting. "

Can you only be incompetent, if you're trying and failing?

What about if you don't care, and don't try?

"He's incompetent at the job he's supposed to be doing; doing the best for this country and its people.

However he's competent at bullshitting.

Can you only be incompetent, if you're trying and failing?

What about if you don't care, and don't try?"

A fair point.

OK here's a thing he's plainly incompetent at despite trying: PMQs.

liverpool

He's successful by his own measure. He's got a good control over the media, has people voting for him regardless of his much open distain he shows for normal folk and he can freely implement policies that benefit himself and his Eton buddies.

He's made the most of the Covid situation as a smoke screen for causing the most beneficial version of brexit for himself and his mates.

So I would suggest he's not incompetent."

That down to him or cummings?

And if he is showing disdain for such people doesnt that say more about them than him?

With Spitting Image returning, there may be another question in this area... Who's more incompetent: Johnson or his puppet?

I really hope Spitting Image shows the Cummings puppet with its hand up Johnson's arse at all times.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"No

He was best of bad bunch when voted Prime Minister. Even I would have won election against Corbyn.. He walked into a fire with Brexit and is now in middle of the Tsunami that came after it. Doing as well as can be expected. Its not the Governments fault we goong back into localise lockdown its the members of the public who have no common sense."

members of the public with no common sense. You have just explained brexit and the 2019 GE results...

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"No

He was best of bad bunch when voted Prime Minister. Even I would have won election against Corbyn.. He walked into a fire with Brexit and is now in middle of the Tsunami that came after it. Doing as well as can be expected. Its not the Governments fault we goong back into localise lockdown its the members of the public who have no common sense.

Different rules in each region Wales Scotland England NI should be the same. The government needs to address that but no effort there.

Lack of PPE . The home office were warned about the lack of kit two years before and did nothing . That’s the government.

Strange how when we didn’t have masked they weren’t needed. Now we’ve got a supply they are mandatory. The advice was there but subdued .

Government action much earlier would have resulted in the stupid public not being such a great risk.

How was Boris allowed to get that top job. Oh yes hedge fund and Russian backing to become leader and therefore prime minister..

The Brexit fiasco and Corbyn not understanding the consequences of an early election has resulted

in this country being handed over to be run by a corrupt leader and supported by a legion of yes men that is just too shocking to believe is real.

"

Completely disagree with countries in the uk should be following the same rules. Scotland was a couple of weeks behind England. Therefore , coming out of lockdown at the same time would have been stupid. Infact, what we saw in England was coming out of lockdown when London rates had dropped leaving other areas of the uk with higher rates and look where we are now..

We didn't need masks back at the start for the same reason we don't wear masks for flu. However, as time went by we understood that covid is often asymptomatic and therefore people with covid could unknowingly spread whilst out and about.

Yup

His Party is as well

I hope the reason for his performance is that he’s just incompetent, because the alternative reason for some of the decisions his party have made is far more terrifying.

Corbyn would have been a poor prime minister, but he earned my vote because I guessed that Johnson would turn out to be every bit as appalling as he has. (Well, that and the fact that I loathe the tories with every fibre of my being).

Manchester

"No

Completely disagree with countries in the uk should be following the same rules. Scotland was a couple of weeks behind England. Therefore , coming out of lockdown at the same time would have been stupid. Infact, what we saw in England was coming out of lockdown when London rates had dropped leaving other areas of the uk with higher rates and look where we are now..

We didn't need masks back at the start for the same reason we don't wear masks for flu. However, as time went by we understood that covid is often asymptomatic and therefore people with covid could unknowingly spread whilst out and about."

I didn’t make it clear admittedly but my point regarding restrictions on groups needs to be uniform

The mixed messages are leading to confusion but more worryingly apathy. Ultimately people will ignore them.

We don’t wear masks for flu due to a certain level of immunity in society. Yes I mean flu not colds.

There were no masks available for staff both in hospitals and care homes, along with aprons gloves etc. Hospital workers probably died as a result.

The guidance stated masks would probably help but at the time we weren’t sure, I agree.

It was played down at the time and whilst I have no proof I suspect it was to avoid panic buying and draining the poor supplies the NHS were scrambling to secure.

The government counted buckets and mops as PPE supplied. Utter lies.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"No

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Yes.

-Matt

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Needs to wise up and quick. Anyone see the college media visit yesterday? Totally wrong on all covid procedures.

Here's a tip for free. When you announce restrictions, make sure you hand out a briefing paper at the same time. No confusion then.

By *astMidsCouple555Couple  over a year ago

Leicester

A lazy,incompetent charlatan who is being found out. Completely out of his depth. His circus act has exhausted its potential now.

in Lancashire

"Needs to wise up and quick. Anyone see the college media visit yesterday? Totally wrong on all covid procedures.

Here's a tip for free. When you announce restrictions, make sure you hand out a briefing paper at the same time. No confusion then.

"

What was interesting to about that for me was I heard Gillian Keegan on R4 in the morning who also had no idea, it seems someone decided not to firm up the position with Boris who his aides must have known would be asked the same question..

Or did he think he knew..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Needs to wise up and quick. Anyone see the college media visit yesterday? Totally wrong on all covid procedures.

What was interesting to about that for me was I heard Gillian Keegan on R4 in the morning who also had no idea, it seems someone decided not to firm up the position with Boris who his aides must have known would be asked the same question..

Or did he think he knew.."

There is a thought that by keeping the relevant people in the dark, then it will make you look better.

That worked out well!

"No"

"He is surrounded by an incompetent cabinet and he says things without thinking about weather it can be done.

He is poor very poor and could do a lot better but incompetent is not the right word for me"

If he fires some of his ministers who will he replace them with? the current cabinet are the best out of a very shit bunch

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

It's hardly a revelation given his track record over 10 or more years

The sad thing is that he was elected by people that knew this.

liverpool

"

He thinks he is above being briefed.

Arrogant and incompetent at the same time.

He will go down as 1 of the worst PMS we have ever had

here

"No

"

YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

he has taken a big pay drop from his newspaper column talking about bendy bananas and his after-dinner speeches for the well-heeled.

I think history will show us the Perfect Storm, even after 11 years of austerity Labour voters couldnt vote for Corbyn and Abbott, and Lib Dems had a leader more at home as a girl guide doing show and tell

liverpool

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

he has taken a big pay drop from his newspaper column talking about bendy bananas and his after-dinner speeches for the well-heeled.

I think history will show us the Perfect Storm, even after 11 years of austerity Labour voters couldnt vote for Corbyn and Abbott, and Lib Dems had a leader more at home as a girl guide doing show and tell"

So they voted for Rees mogg,Patel and grayling instead

thornaby

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

I think history will show us the Perfect Storm, even after 11 years of austerity Labour voters couldnt vote for Corbyn and Abbott, and Lib Dems had a leader more at home as a girl guide doing show and tell

So they voted for Rees mogg,Patel and grayling instead "

thornberry and Abbott were two of the worst mps to ever go on question time wtf did labour let them on the show you must agree with that mate

liverpool

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

So they voted for Rees mogg,Patel and grayling instead thornberry and Abbott were two of the worst mps to ever go on question time wtf did labour let them on the show you must agree with that mate "

Abbott isnt a front bench mp.

By all accounts she is a very popular local mp and works very hard for her constituents.

Rees mogg wouldnt piss on working people if they were on fire.

Grayling has given new meaning to the word incompetence.

And Patel would deport her own family to got approval from the daily mail

thornaby

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

So they voted for Rees mogg,Patel and grayling instead thornberry and Abbott were two of the worst mps to ever go on question time wtf did labour let them on the show you must agree with that mate

By all accounts she is a very popular local mp and works very hard for her constituents.

"

yes but about question time you must of cringed like me when they were on and I was a labour supporter like you

liverpool

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

So they voted for Rees mogg,Patel and grayling instead thornberry and Abbott were two of the worst mps to ever go on question time wtf did labour let them on the show you must agree with that mate

yes but about question time you must of cringed like me when they were on and I was a labour supporter like you "

Like I said she isnt a front bench mp but is obviously very popular in her constituency.

liverpool

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

yes but about question time you must of cringed like me when they were on and I was a labour supporter like you "

Have a look at for patel on qt where Ian hislop shreds her.

By *uvhandle20Man  over a year ago

SE London

No he is great in dropping meaningless soundbites and in impersonating a comedian. He is incompetent as a politician and not really good as a journalist. I would hire him as a court jester if he was funny.

thornaby

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

yes but about question time you must of cringed like me when they were on and I was a labour supporter like you

Like I said she isnt a front bench mp but is obviously very popular in her constituency."

wow so you don’t think they were car crashes then I think yr blind to anything negative about the Labour Party mate

liverpool

"YES, YES, YES!

But he dosent care,

Like I said she isnt a front bench mp but is obviously very popular in her constituency. wow so you don’t think they were car crashes then I think yr blind to anything negative about the Labour Party mate "

Sigh.

For the 3rd time I dont think she is a great front bench mp and she certainly didnt come across well on qt.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

Yes.

That was easy!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Since the terms of your question allow for no nuance at all; I'll have to go with yes - on the assumption you mean in relation to doing his job.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Incompetent, buffoonish, odious, lying, mysogenistic, racist, elitist......

All applicable adjectives (in my opinion).

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"He is surrounded by an incompetent cabinet and he says things without thinking about weather it can be done.

He is poor very poor and could do a lot better but incompetent is not the right word for me"

Fook! when _mmablu said that, I nearly fainted!

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 09:22:55]

the wetlands

Why would he fire the idiots around him ?

He picked them especially BECAUSE they are idiots to suoport his dictatorship

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 09:44:14]

the wetlands

The fact that he gets completely destroyed by Starmer at PMQ every week isn't really confidence inspiring.

Hopefully he's gone before Christmas and we don't get to see him celebrate his one and only objective of 'getting it done"

As the Prime Minister, yes. It’s pretty clear the job is beyond him.

I’m sure there are things he is good at but his current role is not one of them.

By *ountry Boy FreshMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Lets be honest he is the same as most politicians of all parties the only positive is that he is more passionate in his delivery.

"Lets be honest he is the same as most politicians of all parties the only positive is that he is more passionate in his delivery. "

Boris Johnson?

Or are you thinking of a different Boris?

liverpool

"Lets be honest he is the same as most politicians of all parties the only positive is that he is more passionate in his delivery. "

You should post more often

Halifax

If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. "

1.Questions don't necessarily work like that do they.

2.yes I have my own opinion. I asked because I wondered what others generally thought..

3. Don't be so presumptuous!

Halifax

"No

We didn't need masks back at the start for the same reason we don't wear masks for flu. However, as time went by we understood that covid is often asymptomatic and therefore people with covid could unknowingly spread whilst out and about."

Hmm.

Except Covid is *slightly* more contagious, and(cough cough) *slightly* more likely to kill someone or fuck their pulmonary or other health up for god knkws how long.

Halifax

"No

We didn't need masks back at the start for the same reason we don't wear masks for flu. However, as time went by we understood that covid is often asymptomatic and therefore people with covid could unknowingly spread whilst out and about.

I didn’t make it clear admittedly but my point regarding restrictions on groups needs to be uniform

The mixed messages are leading to confusion but more worryingly apathy. Ultimately people will ignore them.

We don’t wear masks for flu due to a certain level of immunity in society. Yes I mean flu not colds.

There were no masks available for staff both in hospitals and care homes, along with aprons gloves etc. Hospital workers probably died as a result.

The guidance stated masks would probably help but at the time we weren’t sure, I agree.

It was played down at the time and whilst I have no proof I suspect it was to avoid panic buying and draining the poor supplies the NHS were scrambling to secure.

The government counted buckets and mops as PPE supplied. Utter lies.

"

The mixed messages bit is what mostly prompted tto offer tthe question.

Him getting the restrictions wrong for the north East when asked. Even though he's PM.. then coming out the next day and stating that the rules/restrictions weren't confusing.

Unless you're stupid(or an incompetent PM), obviously.

Halifax

I've found one poster who does think he's competent! Plus one hedging it by saying he's competent at being incompetent (or something).

The nos have it!

(where were you lot at the last election?)

liverpool

"I've found one poster who does think he's competent! Plus one hedging it by saying he's competent at being incompetent (or something).

The nos have it!

(where were you lot at the last election?) "

I think a lot of people are embarrassed.

Halifax

Bloody ought to be!

Evidence had been there all along.

And if you're Tory, then they could have picked someone who at least goes through the pretence of TRYING to look and be effective in their job.

But no, let's pick Boris as he's got a glint in his eye, is funny, and is 'one of us' (I quote some naive/idiotic person on here from a few months ago).

Carry on o infantilising of world politics..

By *uwwwMan  over a year ago

south birmingham

as a pm who is supposed to look after the country well obviously no, hes hopeless. but in doing the job he was supposed to do hes doing brilliantly. theres other people and groups we should perhaps be more concerned about though, boris is only a small part. mathew elliot, shankar singham, 55 tufton street, the CATO organisation to name but a few having big impacts on us at the mo.

I think he is an opportunist

quam scurra appellatus est,

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Is Johnson incompetent? I don’t even understand how the question can be asked? The guy is utterly useless. I didn’t expect him to be any better to be honest but for a lot people coming up with two sentences in Latin and bullshit stuff to make his way to the top was enough to get their vote. The guy hasn’t done anything remotely successful in his life.

Bristol

Do you mean he sounds more convincing and more credible when he lies? Lying and bullshiting louder and more passionately is the way then.

"No

. Agreed they voted the Tories in

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yessss.......Oh and always was and always will be....

Take a look at his interview on Granada TV, it was pathetic

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Have just seem some bits from his speech at the conference full of crap.

liverpool

"Have just seem some bits from his speech at the conference full of crap. "

You sound surprised?

"Have just seem some bits from his speech at the conference full of crap. "

Build, Back , Greener

"Have just seem some bits from his speech at the conference full of crap.

Build, Back , Greener "

It's actually build back better

Same slogan being used by democrats in the States, Tories, Macron in France, Merkel, Canada, new Zealand it's almost universal in the Western hemisphere.

It's like they all got together and decided on a slogan to bullshit us all with

Build, Back , Greener

Same slogan being used by democrats in the States, Tories, Macron in France, Merkel, Canada, new Zealand it's almost universal in the Western hemisphere.

It's like they all got together and decided on a slogan to bullshit us all with "

Hi used ‘build back greener’ today, he is obviously trying to think out of the box

liverpool

Build, Back , Greener

It's like they all got together and decided on a slogan to bullshit us all with "

Another 3 word slogan for simpletons to understand.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Build, Back , Greener

It's like they all got together and decided on a slogan to bullshit us all with

Hi used ‘build back greener’ today, he is obviously trying to think out of the box "

He's started talking like a socialist - he wants the country to change for the better; and not go back to the way things were.

In the eyes of most Tories, that's enough to make him incompetent.

They needn't worry, though. He's a lying cunt, so he doesn't mean a word of it.

Even if he did, they'd get rid of him and choose a leader more towards the Farage end of the spectrum.

It's what they've become - in order to please 'Little England'.

here

[Removed by poster at 06/10/20 19:01:59]

here

" Another 3 word slogan for simpletons to understand. "

Which one, “under new management” or “a new leadership”? ... oh hang on ..

" Another 3 word slogan for simpletons to understand.

"

Yes, Labour had to have one too, for all the thick Tories who still think Jeremy Corbyn is the Labour leader.

here

Yes, Labour had to have one too, for all the thick Tories who still think Jeremy Corbyn is the Labour leader. "

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?

Yes, Labour had to have one too, for all the thick Tories who still think Jeremy Corbyn is the Labour leader.

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?"

As if you didn't know.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?"

Think he was leader of some political party once but that's only hear say

liverpool

"

Under new management?

Ha ha seriously?

Frankie Boyle was great on him

liverpool

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?

Think he was leader of some political party once but that's only hear say"

I heard he had something called principles?

milton keynes

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?

I heard he had something called principles?"

That's the problem with hear say

liverpool

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?

That's the problem with hear say"

Yeah they were a shite band.

milton keynes

Who’s Jeremy Corbyn?

That's the problem with hear say

Yeah they were a shite band."

Lol

I bet he has endless nights without sleep worrying what all the experts on fab think if him!

Lol

liverpool

I bet he has endless nights without sleep worrying what all the experts on fab think if him!

Lol "

You realise this is a politics forum right?

Lol "

Exactly.

He doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They have such a tight grip on the media and they know people will keep voting for them no matter how badly they fuck them.

An 80 seat majority on election day is the only evidence we need as to how competent he is. The stock market rising substantially ( prior to Covid 19 ) is further indication of confidence in both him and his government . He has successfully steered the ship through some very stormy waters during Covid 19 ( maybe some decisions would have been different with the benefit of hindsight but we can ignore those whose only attribute is to criticise and get things right after the event ).

The only judgement day that will matter is the next general election and hopefully by then the economy will be back on track.

Opinions that count most are not of those who shout loudest and constantly criticise. The silent majority will cast their opinion on election day and hopefully the 2019 electiion success will be repeated with an even larger majority

London

And no. I don't mean is he just a bit crap. I mean incompetent. An 80 seat majority on election day is the only evidence we need as to how competent he is. The stock market rising substantially ( prior to Covid 19 ) is further indication of confidence in both him and his government . He has successfully steered the ship through some very stormy waters during Covid 19 ( maybe some decisions would have been different with the benefit of hindsight but we can ignore those whose only attribute is to criticise and get things right after the event ).

The only judgement day that will matter is the next general election and hopefully by then the economy will be back on track.

Opinions that count most are not of those who shout loudest and constantly criticise. The silent majority will cast their opinion on election day and hopefully the 2019 electiion success will be repeated with an even larger majority "

Thinking he can do the job and him being able to the job are two completely different things. The election just shows that he can talk a good game. The problem is he can't back it up!

The stock market rising was simply a reflection of a majority government finally in power as opposed to the constant tussling between warring factions in 2016 to 2019. They could have given a monkey the keys to No10 with that majority and the City would be happy.

Also, the amount of U-turns this government has made shows that "successfully steering the ship" is a rose tinted assessment of the government's handling of this pandemic. Johnson's lack of decisive action meant the UK was playing catch up to every issue this crisis has laid out and his cabinet (with the noted exception of Sunak) have underperformed in their designated tasks.

liverpool

And no. I don't mean is he just a bit crap. I mean incompetent. An 80 seat majority on election day is the only evidence we need as to how competent he is. The stock market rising substantially ( prior to Covid 19 ) is further indication of confidence in both him and his government . He has successfully steered the ship through some very stormy waters during Covid 19 ( maybe some decisions would have been different with the benefit of hindsight but we can ignore those whose only attribute is to criticise and get things right after the event ).

Opinions that count most are not of those who shout loudest and constantly criticise. The silent majority will cast their opinion on election day and hopefully the 2019 electiion success will be repeated with an even larger majority "

so

Strange feeling of deja-vu

This post is a testament to the power of the media.

It's very interesting.

Interesting that you choose a rising stock market to show his competence and not say... the rising use of food banks or the growing disparity between rich and poor.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

The guy has to do something.

If he calls a lockdown he gets lambasted.

If he doesnt he gets lambasted.

If people die he gets lambasted.

If people cant work he gets lambasted.

He is walking the line of economy vs lives. He can isolate everyone and the virus dies away. The economy also dies and with it the thin veneer of civilisation we like to cling to.

If no one isolates the economy survives but loads die.

It is a balance ofkeeping people alive without going back yo bartering rabbits for milk.

Yes he is making mistakes, and hindsight is showing that but someone has to do the job and i dont envy him it.

I dont agree with all his decisions but we have to do something and he has got that job.

Opinions that count most are not of those who shout loudest and constantly criticise. The silent majority will cast their opinion on election day and hopefully the 2019 electiion success will be repeated with an even larger majority

This post is a testament to the power of the media.

It's very interesting."

I'm not sure interesting is the word I'd choose. Depressing would describe it better for me.

[Removed by poster at 08/10/20 09:38:09]

Thinking he can do the job and him being able to the job are two completely different things. The election just shows that he can talk a good game. The problem is he can't back it up!

The stock market rising was simply a reflection of a majority government finally in power as opposed to the constant tussling between warring factions in 2016 to 2019. They could have given a monkey the keys to No10 with that majority and the City would be happy.

Also, the amount of U-turns this government has made shows that "successfully steering the ship" is a rose tinted assessment of the government's handling of this pandemic. Johnson's lack of decisive action meant the UK was playing catch up to every issue this crisis has laid out and his cabinet (with the noted exception of Sunak) have underperformed in their designated tasks.

"

Isn't it that the monkey got the keys to No10? The problem is the city doesn't look happy.

We were given the choice back in Dec 2019 between the village idiot and another village idiot. It's the same in America As they have the hobsons choice of 1 dementia suffering septuagenarian and another doddering septuagenarian. It looks to me as if sane people no longer want to do the job and leave it to any old sod that comes along nowadays. No wonder we are in such a mess.

What haS an 80 seat majority got to do with how competent he is? He and Cummings might be good at winning elections, doesn’t mean he is a good and competent PM

London

Isn't it that the monkey got the keys to No10? The problem is the city doesn't look happy. "

The City is not happy because now the reality kicked in. Johnson has no vision. All he wanted was the power but there's no identity to his premiership.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

yes post closed

It would be fun to see something like this: "Admin has closed this thread after deciding the answer to the topic is bloody obvious."

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

of course he isn't, where is your proof?

North East

"The guy has to do something.

If he calls a lockdown he gets lambasted.

If he doesnt he gets lambasted.

If people die he gets lambasted.

If people cant work he gets lambasted.

He is walking the line of economy vs lives. He can isolate everyone and the virus dies away. The economy also dies and with it the thin veneer of civilisation we like to cling to.

If no one isolates the economy survives but loads die.

It is a balance ofkeeping people alive without going back yo bartering rabbits for milk.

Yes he is making mistakes, and hindsight is showing that but someone has to do the job and i dont envy him it.

I dont agree with all his decisions but we have to do something and he has got that job.

"

well said

of course he isn't, where is your proof?"

PMQs every Wednesday, catching COVID after boasting he shook hands with people infected, numerous government fuck ups and U turns during the pandemic by his ministers etc etc

PMQs every Wednesday, catching COVID after boasting he shook hands with people infected, numerous government fuck ups and U turns during the pandemic by his ministers etc etc "

Hey you're not allowed to use facts on here. That's so unfair!

North East

PMQs every Wednesday, catching COVID after boasting he shook hands with people infected, numerous government fuck ups and U turns during the pandemic by his ministers etc etc "

who has time to watch PMQ, too busy working

PMQs every Wednesday, catching COVID after boasting he shook hands with people infected, numerous government fuck ups and U turns during the pandemic by his ministers etc etc

who has time to watch PMQ, too busy working "

Fair play. Sounds like you do more work than Johnson.

who has time to watch PMQ, too busy working "

Have you ever heard of the BBC iPlayer? I don’t blame you for not watching though but you asked for proof and I gave it to you .

Fair play. Sounds like you do more work than Johnson."

Exactly, he has had more holidays than Judith Chalmers, not to mention he attended less than half of the initial Cobra meetings

North East

Fair play. Sounds like you do more work than Johnson."

it's all the civil servants that do the work, Mr Johnson just has to stand up and speak

it's all the civil servants that do the work, Mr Johnson just has to stand up and speak"

Really? That is his only job? Well he is crap at public speaking as well,

it's all the civil servants that do the work, Mr Johnson just has to stand up and speak"

Is that all the PM has to do? Gosh. Shame he's incompetent even at that. Where's the proof, you say? PMQs, as already stated. And here's another one. He fucked up when explaining his own rules about the rule of 6.

North East

it's all the civil servants that do the work, Mr Johnson just has to stand up and speak

Is that all the PM has to do? Gosh. Shame he's incompetent even at that. Where's the proof, you say? PMQs, as already stated. And here's another one. He fucked up when explaining his own rules about the rule of 6. "

love it how I can dangle a bit of bait and loads start getting their knickers in a twist!

Is that all the PM has to do? Gosh. Shame he's incompetent even at that. Where's the proof, you say? PMQs, as already stated. And here's another one. He fucked up when explaining his own rules about the rule of 6.

love it how I can dangle a bit of bait and loads start getting their knickers in a twist! "

Just helpfully providing facts.

PS my knickers can't get in a twist as I'm going commando today.

North East

love it how I can dangle a bit of bait and loads start getting their knickers in a twist!

Just helpfully providing facts. "

sounds like you have time to watch the news, good luck with that

love it how I can dangle a bit of bait and loads start getting their knickers in a twist! "

I was laughing at you, obviously you couldn’t have been serious, no one who defends Boris is

sounds like you have time to watch the news, good luck with that"

Do you work 24 hours a day then?

sounds like you have time to watch the news, good luck with that"

Um... yes?

You know what'll really blow your mind? I sometimes even read the news, too. Amazing I find time for that as well, eh?

Lol

Exactly.

He doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They have such a tight grip on the media and they know people will keep voting for them no matter how badly they fuck them. "

Tight grip on the media?

What media are you seeing?

I’ve only ever seen anti Tory/Boris/Govt views on everything mainstream

And him not giving a fuck (as you so eloquently put it) is his his best feature for me lol

I know who I would enjoy a few drinks with

Lol

Exactly.

He doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They have such a tight grip on the media and they know people will keep voting for them no matter how badly they fuck them.

Tight grip on the media?

And him not giving a fuck (as you so eloquently put it) is his his best feature for me lol

"

I was seeing the mainstream newspapers, BBC, itv, sky, channel four. All of which treated the Tories favourably during the last election.

And you're perfectly entitled to like a PM who openly has contempt for the people he's supposed to be working on behalf of. No kink shaming here.

But if more people did care, maybe the country wouldn't be in the relatively poor shape it's in now.

I'm wouldn't argue he's not a fun person to be friends with (assuming you're wealthy and/or went to Eton). And I remember when he was on HIGNFY. He was genuinely funny.

[Removed by poster at 08/10/20 20:08:00]

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

".

Tight grip on the media?

"

They boycott the only TV sources that question them. The Guardian and Mirror are the only newspapers that dissent. What news sources are you seeing?

And I want competence from a government, not company down the pub.

Lol

Exactly.

Tight grip on the media?

"

Yes, because not giving a fuck is exactly what you want in a Prime Minister

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Particularly when he doesn't give a fuck about doing his job.

Bristol

Great quote from Boris regarding the Queen’s Birthday bash:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the recipients of this year's honours were "a testament to the sort of country we are - caring, compassionate and resolute in the face of a global pandemic".

"Great quote from Boris regarding the Queen’s Birthday bash:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the recipients of this year's honours were "a testament to the sort of country we are - caring, compassionate and resolute in the face of a global pandemic".

"

Did he manage to say that with a straight face?

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 10/10/20 00:53:22]

Bristol

"Great quote from Boris regarding the Queen’s Birthday bash:

Did he manage to say that with a straight face? "

Boris is an expert at keeping a straight face when talking crap and when lying. However, it’s reassuring to hear that the Tories know that being compassionate and caring is what we should be aiming for. It’s just a shame that every Tory prime minister does the complete opposite.

liverpool

He said the other week Britain will be making 70%of ppe

Private eye have reported its actually 30%

Complete lack of surprise.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

YES

here

Does that include the gloves which they said wasn't included in the figure of 70% ppe made in uk ?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yes, but then he is acting on the advice he is given, so that makes them incompetent. And all of them are self serving.

"Yes, but then he is acting on the advice he is given, so that makes them incompetent. And all of them are self serving. "

But he’s not, which is becoming increasingly clear.

By *oopaandchampersCouple  over a year ago

St Johns

Brexit and Covid this year... who needs that when your salary is a fraction of the BBC 's luvvies salaries...could the opposition do better..dream on.

"Brexit and Covid this year... who needs that when your salary is a fraction of the BBC 's luvvies salaries...could the opposition do better..dream on."

The answer is almost certainly yes but please keep getting angry at the BBC rather than the government which is orchestrating this historic fuck up.

North East

"Brexit and Covid this year... who needs that when your salary is a fraction of the BBC 's luvvies salaries...could the opposition do better..dream on.

The answer is almost certainly yes but please keep getting angry at the BBC rather than the government which is orchestrating this historic fuck up."

could anyone else have done any better?

liverpool

"Brexit and Covid this year... who needs that when your salary is a fraction of the BBC 's luvvies salaries...could the opposition do better..dream on."

Yeah who saw Brexit coming?

"Brexit and Covid this year... who needs that when your salary is a fraction of the BBC 's luvvies salaries...could the opposition do better..dream on.

The answer is almost certainly yes but please keep getting angry at the BBC rather than the government which is orchestrating this historic fuck up.

could anyone else have done any better?"

Absolutely, and this government still could, by delaying Brexit until we have recovered from this pandemic so we don’t have a massive double hit to the economy.

could anyone else have done any better?"

Yes. Look at other countries. Pretty much everyone handled Covid better.

in Lancashire

Absolutely, and this government still could, by delaying Brexit until we have recovered from this pandemic so we don’t have a massive double hit to the economy."

This..

The absolute common sense approach would have been to put Brexit on hold given the massive economic hit this virus has and will bring ..

However zealots rarely possess it let alone apply it..

Absolutely, and this government still could, by delaying Brexit until we have recovered from this pandemic so we don’t have a massive double hit to the economy.

This..

The absolute common sense approach would have been to put Brexit on hold given the massive economic hit this virus has and will bring ..

However zealots rarely possess it let alone apply it.."

Seeing as we're talking about Boris being incompetent.

He's actually competently using Covid to keep Brexit out of the news as he tries to force through the version of no deal/shit deal, that's most beneficial to himself. Meanwhile has a ready made excuse/distraction for all the shit Brexit is causing.

in Lancashire

This..

He's actually competently using Covid to keep Brexit out of the news as he tries to force through the version of no deal/shit deal, that's most beneficial to himself. Meanwhile has a ready made excuse/distraction for all the shit Brexit is causing."

Every cloud eh..

This..

He's actually competently using Covid to keep Brexit out of the news as he tries to force through the version of no deal/shit deal, that's most beneficial to himself. Meanwhile has a ready made excuse/distraction for all the shit Brexit is causing."

That’s a fair point, very well made. I suppose that Boris is very competent at being incredibly self serving but not so much at the whole doing what’s best for the country thing, that goes along with being PM.

This..

He's actually competently using Covid to keep Brexit out of the news as he tries to force through the version of no deal/shit deal, that's most beneficial to himself. Meanwhile has a ready made excuse/distraction for all the shit Brexit is causing.

That’s a fair point, very well made. I suppose that Boris is very competent at being incredibly self serving but not so much at the whole doing what’s best for the country thing, that goes along with being PM."

I honestly don't think he puts any effort into doing what's best for the country.

He puts in the bare minimum. Meanwhile spends a lot of time and energy giving out lucrative government contracts to his friends and family. Etc.

So asking if he is incompetent is a difficult question to answer. As he's not trying to be.

Maybe the question shoulda been: is Johnson a twat?

North East

yawn

"yawn"

Insightful contribution. Thank you.

North East

"yawn

Insightful contribution. Thank you."

you are very welcome

"Maybe the question shoulda been: is Johnson a twat?"

That's an entirely different proposition.

By *ireman28Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Nottinghamshire

Hands down the most incompetent PM ever!

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Well lots of idiots voted for him.

Only them selfs to blame.

Is the Pope catholic?"

......and does he wear a silly hat?

» Add a new message to this topic