FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > vaccine passports

vaccine passports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

so wee Nicola is going to bring in vaccine passports for nightclubs, football etc if she can get it through parliament next week.workable or not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"so wee Nicola is going to bring in vaccine passports for nightclubs, football etc if she can get it through parliament next week.workable or not? "
I think a tweak is needed to accommodate those with a valid reason not to be vaccinated (religion etc) but I can't see why it isn't workable. Whether it is an acceptable route to take ... That's the hard question eh?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

The problem is that you have to rely on pubs, clubs, etc. to enforce this. Which, even with those willing, is going to be difficult.

I don't think they are necessarily a bad thing, just virtually impossible to make work.

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Better that than restrictions such as social distancing.

By *lydeXXXMan  over a year ago

Doncaster

It doesn't make sense. A vaccinated person could show proof and be allowed entry but could well be positive. An unvaccinated person could take a test and show themselves to be negative at the door and be refused entry.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"It doesn't make sense. A vaccinated person could show proof and be allowed entry but could well be positive. An unvaccinated person could take a test and show themselves to be negative at the door and be refused entry."

This.

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

"It doesn't make sense. A vaccinated person could show proof and be allowed entry but could well be positive. An unvaccinated person could take a test and show themselves to be negative at the door and be refused entry."

The sense is that the vaccinated person could still have it and pass it to the unvaccinated person and make them seriously ill. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it, it just reduces your chance of becoming seriously ill. Perfect sense.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"It doesn't make sense. A vaccinated person could show proof and be allowed entry but could well be positive. An unvaccinated person could take a test and show themselves to be negative at the door and be refused entry.

This.

Yep. It's not going to work. Which makes you wonder why the other parts of the UK are even considering it.

"

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"The problem is that you have to rely on pubs, clubs, etc. to enforce this. Which, even with those willing, is going to be difficult.

I don't think they are necessarily a bad thing, just virtually impossible to make work. "

Not really - we have been operating them for 5 weeks with no problems at all.

"The problem is that you have to rely on pubs, clubs, etc. to enforce this. Which, even with those willing, is going to be difficult.

I don't think they are necessarily a bad thing, just virtually impossible to make work.

Not really - we have been operating them for 5 weeks with no problems at all."

"We" being?

(genuinely curious, not being argumentative)

"We" being?

(genuinely curious, not being argumentative)"

I'm gonna imagine Cat meant her business.

"We" being?

(genuinely curious, not being argumentative)"

atlantisEVOLUTION stoke (swingers club)

Quite a few of the clubs are operating the same procedure/policy.

"We" being?

I'm gonna imagine Cat meant her business."

"We" being?

I'm gonna imagine Cat meant her business.

"

Ah! Yes, of course, a bit slow there!

Would it be fair to say then, that you are probably dealing with a different demographic, mindset, than your typical town centre pub?

I imagine as a private club, you have much more control (and engagement) with your guests. Including them booking attendance in advance?

I can see this type of scheme working quite well in that environment, or concerts, football matches.

I must admit my mind was more focused on the more casual end of the scale (i.e. pubs).

But the one thing that people are not is daft with regard to 'if I don't do it then I lose what I want'

We all had to use the pass at doors during the major parts of lockdown/s.

In our experience we have had only one anti-vax person want to visit - we offered a self test, but he still said no. So we simply told hime that we are not the club for him then.

More than 98% of people visiting already know from our website that it is needed - the rest are calling by phone and asking. All are providing the proofs needed without problems.

A Friend I have follows LFC everywhere, and already they are prepping for digital entry in light of latent policy (not really that latent as we all know it's probably going to come by the end of September).

It hasn't slowed us down at reception either. As we have worked out beforehand a method for doing it as people arrive.

Digitally it is done with advance ticket sales at events etc. It will slow the gates down, sure, but like all things the people and the businesses will bend and accommodate through need for sales and bums on seats.

Queen Nicky has said only 500 plus people events will need the passport. Many nightclubs are nowhere near that capacity. So it won't affect all venues in the same way.

[Removed by poster at 02/09/21 12:52:51]

Just to add: Many Concerts and events where starting to operate a 'digital proof of me' to stop ticket touting. That required them to send a proof of who they were when they bought the ticket. When they arrived at the concert they had to match the ticket and the 'digital proof of me' otherwise they would not be allowed in - valid ticket or not.

So they already have the means to do it.

*typo*

near ipswich

"But the one thing that people are not is daft with regard to 'if I don't do it then I lose what I want'

We all had to use the pass at doors during the major parts of lockdown/s.

In our experience we have had only one anti-vax person want to visit - we offered a self test, but he still said no. So we simply told hime that we are not the club for him then.

More than 98% of people visiting already know from our website that it is needed - the rest are calling by phone and asking. All are providing the proofs needed without problems.

A Friend I have follows LFC everywhere, and already they are prepping for digital entry in light of latent policy (not really that latent as we all know it's probably going to come by the end of September).

It hasn't slowed us down at reception either. As we have worked out beforehand a method for doing it as people arrive.

Digitally it is done with advance ticket sales at events etc. It will slow the gates down, sure, but like all things the people and the businesses will bend and accommodate through need for sales and bums on seats.

Queen Nicky has said only 500 plus people events will need the passport. Many nightclubs are nowhere near that capacity. So it won't affect all venues in the same way.

"

It wont affect many football teams either.

"

It wont affect many football teams either. "

lol.

It didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with one party controlling the media. One party controlling the message. One party deciding what is truth. One party censoring speech and silencing opposition. One party dividing citizens into US and THEM. And calling on their supporters to harass them. It started when good people turned a blind eye and let it happen.

Those in favour of these passports, are no better than the people who put the Jews onto trains. The people who segregated blacks and whites.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"It doesn't make sense. A vaccinated person could show proof and be allowed entry but could well be positive. An unvaccinated person could take a test and show themselves to be negative at the door and be refused entry.

The sense is that the vaccinated person could still have it and pass it to the unvaccinated person and make them seriously ill. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it, it just reduces your chance of becoming seriously ill. Perfect sense. "

I would prefer to be in a place with an unvaccinated person who has a negative test, than a vaccinated person who hasn't needed to do a test, and is less likely to be symptomatic, so could potentially spread it to everybody.

To me what would make sense is regardless of vaccination status or timeline from when they were vaccinated is that they show a negative test.

I really don't understand why this isn't something that would be acceptable because to me unless I'm somehow things on thing it seems a safer way than a vaccination record.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The sense is that the vaccinated person could still have it and pass it to the unvaccinated person and make them seriously ill. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it, it just reduces your chance of becoming seriously ill. Perfect sense.

I would prefer to be in a place with an unvaccinated person who has a negative test, than a vaccinated person who hasn't needed to do a test, and is less likely to be symptomatic, so could potentially spread it to everybody.

To me what would make sense is regardless of vaccination status or timeline from when they were vaccinated is that they show a negative test.

I really don't understand why this isn't something that would be acceptable because to me unless I'm somehow things on thing it seems a safer way than a vaccination record."

In an ideal world all admissions should be covid passport, plus negative test, plus temperature check. And depending on the type of event, plus mask and distancing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with one party controlling the media. One party controlling the message. One party deciding what is truth. One party censoring speech and silencing opposition. One party dividing citizens into US and THEM. And calling on their supporters to harass them. It started when good people turned a blind eye and let it happen.

Those in favour of these passports, are no better than the people who put the Jews onto trains. The people who segregated blacks and whites."

Come on, get real

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I really don't understand why this isn't something that would be acceptable because to me unless I'm somehow things on thing it seems a safer way than a vaccination record.

In an ideal world all admissions should be covid passport, plus negative test, plus temperature check. And depending on the type of event, plus mask and distancing."

no such thing as an ideal world,one persons ideal world wont be another persons ideal

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Surely the goons that went knocking on company doors asking what they had in place for COVID, could be retrained to ask companies what they are doing regards checking COVID documents.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"It didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with one party controlling the media. One party controlling the message. One party deciding what is truth. One party censoring speech and silencing opposition. One party dividing citizens into US and THEM. And calling on their supporters to harass them. It started when good people turned a blind eye and let it happen.

Those in favour of these passports, are no better than the people who put the Jews onto trains. The people who segregated blacks and whites.

Come on, get real "

You only say this because you support it

Do you think the Germans thought they were the bad guys? Or that they were righteous, like you do?

Come on, get real

Do you think the Germans thought they were the bad guys? Or that they were righteous, like you do?

"

I don't think supporting or not supporting vaccine passports is the clincher here.

It's more about the attempted comparison between people participating in a genocide, and those wishing to protect the population from a deadly virus.

Whether you think the passports are overreach of Government or not, you have to admit the comparison is stupid and offensive?

Come on, get real

I don't think supporting or not supporting vaccine passports is the clincher here.

It's more about the attempted comparison between people participating in a genocide, and those wishing to protect the population from a deadly virus.

Whether you think the passports are overreach of Government or not, you have to admit the comparison is stupid and offensive? "

if this is the argument one wants to take, brexit is probably closer. (I'm not drawing parallels here... But godwin can be used in many places ... Hence it being a poor argument to ever use)

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

So we are two weeks along from the OP's original post.

I'm sure there was another post running in the virus form regarding mandatory vaccination passports countrywide from the 1st of October.

What was the verdict?

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

Where does the proof of vaccine come from?

I only ask as my vaccine record is wrong as it shows I have been triple vaccined. I have asked for it to be amended but apparently it can't be.

How many others records are wrong?

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

According to the news the idea has been officially scrapped.

near ipswich

"According to the news the idea has been officially scrapped.

"

not in Scotland it hasn’t yet which was what the op was about

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"According to the news the idea has been officially scrapped.

not in Scotland it hasn’t yet which was what the op was about "

Ah ok.

Business owners in Scotland suffer again then?

[Removed by poster at 14/09/21 14:26:11]

England . . .

Todays Update was . . .

13:49

What is the 'plan B' for COVID this winter?

Sajid Javid has confirmed that the government has a "plan B" in place for over the winter.

He told MPs this will be used if the "pressures" on the NHS become "unsustainable".

Under plan B, the following will be put in place:

The public will be asked to be more cautious concerning COVID

Mandatory vaccine passports will be implemented in certain settings

Compulsory mask wearing will be implemented in certain settings

Work from home if you can could return for a period

However, Mr Javid said the UK should be able to handle another wave of COVID without lockdowns

But where would COVID passports be necessary?

Nightclubs, indoor settings with 500+ people

Festivals, outdoor settings with 4,000+ people

Any setting with more than 10,000 people

This will not apply to weddings, places of worship, funerals and protests

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-boris-johnson-announcement-coronavirus-winter-plan-12406800

By *as83xMan  over a year ago

N.West London

https://youtu.be/9bamaEMftg4 Dr. John Campbell Natural immunity is better overall.

No to vax passports, no to vaxes for those who had covid, no to jabs for children as they do not need it.

Follow trialsitenews on youtube and Rand Paul's senate hearings.

I certainly hope alternative lifestyle clubs are not buying into the narrative.

www.togetherdeclaration.org please sign if you understand the divisive nature of the vax passports and politricking.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Those in favour of these passports, are no better than the people who put the Jews onto trains. The people who segregated blacks and whites."

Utter bollocks

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

stop the world I’m getting off lol

» Add a new message to this topic