FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Care for the Elderly and Afghans

Care for the Elderly and Afghans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can it be done?

It's a tory plwdge to not raise taxes, but, havent they broken plenty of them anyway?

If so, aren't the general people in the street squeezed enough? I doubt the heavily wealthy tories & their rich chums, especially those who made a fortune out of covid will be contributing much if at all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can it be done?

It's a tory plwdge to not raise taxes, but, havent they broken plenty of them anyway?

If so, aren't the general people in the street squeezed enough? I doubt the heavily wealthy tories & their rich chums, especially those who made a fortune out of covid will be contributing much if at all

"

Tax income could increase from all the brexit payrises that are coming through even without changing rates

Not being in Afghanistan saves money (maybe) which could could cover the cost of the people fallout.

Care is a huge issue that noone wants to face (although May tried didn't she?)

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

If you want a care service fit for purpose, then expect to pay for it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Stopping some people making obscene profits would be a start

"Stopping some people making obscene profits would be a start "

This is my thoughts! Current policy is to hit the lower / working class and let big companies, individuals pay little to no tax

"Can it be done?

Tax income could increase from all the brexit payrises that are coming through even without changing rates

Not being in Afghanistan saves money (maybe) which could could cover the cost of the people fallout.

Care is a huge issue that noone wants to face (although May tried didn't she?)"

‘All the Brexit pay rises’ ???

"Can it be done?

"

The number of Afghan refugees is so insignificant as to be financially meaningless, especially when compared to the social care sector that has been massively underfunded for a decade.

I’m really unsure as to why Afghan refugees would be brought into it if I’m honest.

The proposed NI hike won’t affect pensioners so that’s a huge proportion of Tory voters who won’t be affected.

The cold hard fact is that if, as a society, we don’t want old people’s savings taken and houses to be sold to pay for their care then we have to be prepared to pay more tax during our working lives.

"Can it be done?

‘All the Brexit pay rises’ ???"

lorry drivers... Fruit pickers ... (It's a little toungue on cheek, but wages are on the up in some areas)

"Can it be done?

The number of Afghan refugees is so insignificant as to be financially meaningless, especially when compared to the social care sector that has been massively underfunded for a decade.

I’m really unsure as to why Afghan refugees would be brought into it if I’m honest.

The proposed NI hike won’t affect pensioners so that’s a huge proportion of Tory voters who won’t be affected.

The cold hard fact is that if, as a society, we don’t want old people’s savings taken and houses to be sold to pay for their care then we have to be prepared to pay more tax during our working lives."

old people’s savings and houses are being sold to pay for care though (those that have any)

Tory style management of the country's tax collection and who pays isn't fit for purpose. Its a monumental problem.

20,000 Afghans over 5 years may not be as big a problem, but a problem it is! Local councils are being prepared but government are just dumping them into areas without consultation with local authorities, into student accommodation up here

"Can it be done?

‘All the Brexit pay rises’ ???lorry drivers... Fruit pickers ... (It's a little toungue on cheek, but wages are on the up in some areas)"

Could the afghan refugees fill the short fall?

"Can it be done?

The cold hard fact is that if, as a society, we don’t want old people’s savings taken and houses to be sold to pay for their care then we have to be prepared to pay more tax during our working lives.

old people’s savings and houses are being sold to pay for care though (those that have any)

Tory style management of the country's tax collection and who pays isn't fit for purpose. Its a monumental problem.

20,000 Afghans over 5 years may not be as big a problem, but a problem it is! Local councils are being prepared but government are just dumping them into areas without consultation with local authorities, into student accommodation up here

"

That’s what I mean, it’s f we want to stop the ‘theft’ of people’s savings and homes then we all need to agree to pay more tax.

"Can it be done?

That’s what I mean, it’s f we want to stop the ‘theft’ of people’s savings and homes then we all need to agree to pay more tax. "

No we don't. What we need is government that allocates budgets properly, instead of frittering it away or siphoning it off into corporations. More to the point, we need the ceos of those corporations to be criminally charged if they are caught using tax avoidance schemes. Most people don't earn enough to stay afloat, it's the reason our national debt is astronomical, because millions are having to get loans or get lines of credit to get through each month. Taxing everyone more will just make the problem worse, the debt will keep rising and so will inflation.

"Can it be done?

‘All the Brexit pay rises’ ???lorry drivers... Fruit pickers ... (It's a little toungue on cheek, but wages are on the up in some areas)"

Ah, I thought you were being serious

"Can it be done?

That’s what I mean, it’s f we want to stop the ‘theft’ of people’s savings and homes then we all need to agree to pay more tax.

No we don't. What we need is government that allocates budgets properly, instead of frittering it away or siphoning it off into corporations. More to the point, we need the ceos of those corporations to be criminally charged if they are caught using tax avoidance schemes. Most people don't earn enough to stay afloat, it's the reason our national debt is astronomical, because millions are having to get loans or get lines of credit to get through each month. Taxing everyone more will just make the problem worse, the debt will keep rising and so will inflation. "

Sadly the British people rejected the opportunity they had to get a government that would’ve done something approaching that when they didn’t elect Corbyn. So in the real world what has to happen is we all have to pay a bit more in tax in order to fund what is important, such as the NHS and social care.

I fail to see how that would cause a rise in inflation or ‘the debt’ however, whatever ‘the debt’ is.

"Can it be done?

No we don't. What we need is government that allocates budgets properly, instead of frittering it away or siphoning it off into corporations. More to the point, we need the ceos of those corporations to be criminally charged if they are caught using tax avoidance schemes. Most people don't earn enough to stay afloat, it's the reason our national debt is astronomical, because millions are having to get loans or get lines of credit to get through each month. Taxing everyone more will just make the problem worse, the debt will keep rising and so will inflation.

Sadly the British people rejected the opportunity they had to get a government that would’ve done something approaching that when they didn’t elect Corbyn. So in the real world what has to happen is we all have to pay a bit more in tax in order to fund what is important, such as the NHS and social care.

I fail to see how that would cause a rise in inflation or ‘the debt’ however, whatever ‘the debt’ is."

Because people are already struggling to stay afloat, inflation (caused by banks printing new money out of thin air) has already made it so that millions are lending to get through life, putting debt on top of debt, debts that will more than likely have to be written off or will never get paid. Taxing people who have less more is stupid. I would understand if most werent struggling as it is and had more disposable income, but that isn't the case. And you can't just blame a tory government, corbyns government would have had to lend from the Bank of England to fund his policies. Austerity doesn't work and neither does lending billions of pounds which already do not exist. Debt on top of debt on top of debt on top of debt.

"Can it be done?

I fail to see how that would cause a rise in inflation or ‘the debt’ however, whatever ‘the debt’ is."

https://ifs.org.uk/taxlab/key-questions/what-does-government-spend-money

Have a look on there, there is a circle chart, have a look at the "other" section? I may be wrong, but seen as how "other" is the largest spending section, maybe whatever that money that is being spent on fuck knows what would be more wisely invested in the rest?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Can it be done?

The problem is dumping them

"

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share

"Can it be done?

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share "

because then The headline will be "refugees in £4k pm house" and all will kick off about unfairness.

[Removed by poster at 04/09/21 09:46:24]

The government easily finds funds for vanity white elephant projects, excuses for oligarchs, big companies to avoid tax, lign up theirs and their rich Bullington club, eaton pie scoffing chums pockets !

What that arsehole bojo needs is a size 12 boot up his fucking arse!, im fucking so pissed off with these tossers!

It needs fixing now!, not next month... not next year... Now!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Can it be done?

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share because then The headline will be "refugees in £4k pm house" and all will kick off about unfairness. "

Exactly this why spend even more of peoples taxes housing them in expensive areas to rent?

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

lots of careers cause damage to health over many years, business must pick up it's share of the cost too

"Can it be done?

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share because then The headline will be "refugees in £4k pm house" and all will kick off about unfairness. Exactly this why spend even more of peoples taxes housing them in expensive areas to rent?"

I bet some tory private landlords will be eying up a profit, more taxpayers money up for grabs

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Can it be done?

One way or another we will all end up paying more. You often see on here people saying they would be willing to pay more but when it comes to it maybe not so keen. I feel the percentage on tax is the best way so the more you earn the more contributions you pay. Many will need that help at some point so it's on all to contribute not just one sector. Better spending of money is define needed

"Can it be done?

I fail to see how that would cause a rise in inflation or ‘the debt’ however, whatever ‘the debt’ is.

One way or another we will all end up paying more. You often see on here people saying they would be willing to pay more but when it comes to it maybe not so keen. I feel the percentage on tax is the best way so the more you earn the more contributions you pay. Many will need that help at some point so it's on all to contribute not just one sector. Better spending of money is define needed"

That all depends on how the funds are gathered in snd how it's spent.

Currently, a large proportion is taken from the masses to enrich the rich in a self serving corrupt government

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can it be done?

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share because then The headline will be "refugees in £4k pm house" and all will kick off about unfairness. Exactly this why spend even more of peoples taxes housing them in expensive areas to rent?

I bet some tory private landlords will be eying up a profit, more taxpayers money up for grabs"

Do you really think it's just Tory landlords raising the rents ?

It should be within the power of the local authorities to stop the pratice of higher rents no matter who owns the property.

Mind you some of the local authorities are just as guilty of letting out sub standard accomodations with seemingly no comeback on the people running them.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Can it be done?

One way or another we will all end up paying more. You often see on here people saying they would be willing to pay more but when it comes to it maybe not so keen. I feel the percentage on tax is the best way so the more you earn the more contributions you pay. Many will need that help at some point so it's on all to contribute not just one sector. Better spending of money is define needed

That all depends on how the funds are gathered in snd how it's spent.

Currently, a large proportion is taken from the masses to enrich the rich in a self serving corrupt government

"

I don't quite understand what you mean. How the funds are gathered has not changed since this government started and has been the way for many many years covering several governments from several parties. As I said spending the funds better is of great importance as its something that's plagued us for ever

thornaby

"Can it be done?

the problem is dumping them in poor areas I keep saying why the fuck doesn’t Chelsea Kensington and the likes get there fair share because then The headline will be "refugees in £4k pm house" and all will kick off about unfairness. Exactly this why spend even more of peoples taxes housing them in expensive areas to rent?"

so dumping them in struggling areas is the answer ?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

If we say at a push they cost £15k each and families will be less obviously.

So worse case and if none get jobs that’s £300m

I bet the top five tax avoiders living in this country paying the same rate as everyone else would cover that with ease. So no tax rise needed to pay for any Afghans.

I read yesterday that Norway has made twice as much in tax revenue from oil as us. Our boards and shareholders have benefited from low tax rates for over 40 years and so Norway has massive reserves and we have “F” all. The tories are the party of business and financial prudence., don’t make me laugh. They are the party of back scratching and own pocket lining.

thornaby

"If we say at a push they cost £15k each and families will be less obviously.

I bet the top five tax avoiders living in this country paying the same rate as everyone else would cover that with ease. So no tax rise needed to pay for any Afghans.

I read yesterday that Norway has made twice as much in tax revenue from oil as us. Our boards and shareholders have benefited from low tax rates for over 40 years and so Norway has massive reserves and we have “F” all. The tories are the party of business and financial prudence., don’t make me laugh. They are the party of back scratching and own pocket lining.

"

ya can’t argue with that

"If we say at a push they cost £15k each and families will be less obviously.

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was a total wank of a plan - and that's grossly offensive to wanks. A very pointed tax rise for some. But not a substantial revolution to care provision, for all those unfortunate people who need it. He's had this plan for 10 years or more. It could have been created on a fag packet in 5 minutes, which just highlights the awful quality of his thinking.

To establish a revolutionary system will need substantial investment and work upfront. This cost would have more fairly come from elsewhere in taxation, even if individuals contribute via general or specific taxes.

It's a gift to his voters, who get potentially better care and will largely be paid for by younger, poorer people to achieve it.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Those with the broadest shoulders need to pay more and foot the bill" and the house cheers.

broad backed working class they mean.

» Add a new message to this topic