FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 5 to 10 years of this?

5 to 10 years of this?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

Belgium's energy minister has warned that EU countries will face "five to ten" "terrible" winters if nothing is done to reduce natural gas prices.

Electricity prices have also been soaring in Europe, and reached record highs this week. Gas is a major source of electricity generation.

Will someone tell Boris, we need more Windmills before he clicks the door behind himself.

I didn't hear anything announced this year, so that is "Winter 1"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Windmills,solar power,nuclear power,hydroelectric(the most tricky) is what we will need to invest in to secure energy independence.

Energy independence has sadly been held off for way too long.

Boris has given up on caring he just wanted the job never the responsibility.

Longridge

Absolutely..

The best way to stop this money from being ripped out of people's pockets is Solar / Battery.

Every kwh produced on your own roof is a kwh not paid for and a kwh removed from the demand that's raising prices.

Nuclear power, long term isn't cheap. £9 to £11k spent on your own roof at next year's predicted rates is 2year payback.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

You’d think the right wing doomsday preppers in this forum would be advocating energy self sufficiency, instead of supporting fracking and other fossil fuel technologies which are dwindling faster than a puddle on a hot summers day caused by global warming.

But no, they are putting their fingers in their mediocre ears, going “la,la,la,la!”

Longridge

Absolutely right..

It's possible, I generate 90% of annual energy, enjoy free Air Conditioning and about to squeeze it to 95%.

I offer advice here, other places. Yesterday, I offered advice to neighbours of explaining how I do it. Not a single reply.

This sound daft but the more done in Renewables, the less reliance on Grid and prepping is built in by default.

This week, I have been scouring Facebook, eBay and other places for Gas bottles. My Gas demand is so light, I can use 4x LPG bottles. I now have 6x on stand-by.

Also got my hands on 10x 13kg Butane to use in portable heater s at a cost of £22.

I had an argument with a guy Thursday claiming Solar/ Battery at £7000 wasn't worth the cost!!

I am prepping for emergency heat but the rest is default Renewables reduced reliance.

6 years ago, I needed a newer car. Saw one for £14,000. But also option, spend £6000 on Solar and a similar 2 year older car for £8000.

I am still driving the £8000 car 6 years later. Best car I never bought at £14,000.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Belgium's energy minister has warned that EU countries will face "five to ten" "terrible" winters if nothing is done to reduce natural gas prices.

Electricity prices have also been soaring in Europe, and reached record highs this week. Gas is a major source of electricity generation.

Will someone tell Boris, we need more Windmills before he clicks the door behind himself.

I didn't hear anything announced this year, so that is "Winter 1""

I just read the BBC article about it. It makes grim reading for sure. The person makes a good point that the gas and electricity price needs separating as even though gas is used to make electricity, even when renewables are used to make electricity we still pay the same amount on the international markets. I may understand incorrectly but that's how I read it

Longridge

Electricity is not subject to international pricing.

The problem is that most days, 55% to 77% is generated by burning Gas, which is.

That's why they follow each other closely.

We need to stop gas input to electricity, but there is a problem.

No alternatives

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

It's possible, I generate 90% of annual energy, enjoy free Air Conditioning and about to squeeze it to 95%.

I offer advice here, other places. Yesterday, I offered advice to neighbours of explaining how I do it. Not a single reply.

"

Maybe you could try generating a little self awareness?

Longridge

Don't need to.

Two types of people.

Those that listen, others that are in denial who wildly believe the government will bail them out.

I'm very busy with listeners.

Longridge

"

Maybe you could try generating a little self awareness? "

Bit slow on the uptake there - sorry.. long night!

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Steam power and eating human corpses it is then.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Personally I think things are going to get quite a bit worse before they get better and that we have at least four or five years where that is going to be the case. Having said that people need to stop whinging, there are plenty of areas of the world where things are far worse. The government should be helping those in genuine difficulty but we shouldn’t be expecting government handouts - I have no doubt that plenty of those that do are still spending money on things which aren’t essential

Longridge

I'm warm-blooded and happy to offer bedwarming services..

Bit worried then, nearly posted without checking predicted text "bedwetting services"...

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Do folk not think this is all being centrally pushed by a global corporate of rich people? Conspiracy theories about the WEF are really conspiracies when what they are said to be doing actually happens in Front of our eyes.

» Add a new message to this topic