FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The politics forum night out

The politics forum night out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otMe66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

You will need to have a high tolerance for imagination here, and a bit of fun...

The politics forum had the crazy idea to have a night out, meeting each other face to face. The red Lion was chosen due to location. All are invited.

The room is relatively full when you arrive and it is clear groups have formed.

You know nobody other than their user name and a black and white silhouette.

Do you think the groups will form as they do on the forum, will you know which group you would join, would you mingle and what do you think the discussions would be?

The final questions, what do you think your group will be drinking and eating and do you think people would be nearly as argumentative in real life as they are on the forum.

To set some sort of expectation, I anticipate 1 funny one-liner and watch this slowly fall into archives never to be seen again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You will need to have a high tolerance for imagination here, and a bit of fun...

The politics forum had the crazy idea to have a night out, meeting each other face to face. The red Lion was chosen due to location. All are invited.

Do you think the groups will form as they do on the forum, will you know which group you would join, would you mingle and what do you think the discussions would be?

The final questions, what do you think your group will be drinking and eating and do you think people would be nearly as argumentative in real life as they are on the forum.

To set some sort of expectation, I anticipate 1 funny one-liner and watch this slowly fall into archives never to be seen again. "

I hope the Red Lion has a fence for some people to sit on

Terra Firma

"You will need to have a high tolerance for imagination here, and a bit of fun...

To set some sort of expectation, I anticipate 1 funny one-liner and watch this slowly fall into archives never to be seen again.

I hope the Red Lion has a fence for some people to sit on "

And there it is and the end of the thread

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Only on the proviso that political blah blah is banned for the entire evening..

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I will be the one playing a fiddle in the corner Nero style. While quaffing a lovely continental lager.

Terra Firma

"I will be the one playing a fiddle in the corner Nero style. While quaffing a lovely continental lager.

"

I might levitate towards a person with such tastes, assuming you mean Peroni?

North Bucks

"I will be the one playing a fiddle in the corner Nero style. While quaffing a lovely continental lager.

I might levitate towards a person with such tastes, assuming you mean Peroni? "

That would do me.

Terra Firma

"Only on the proviso that political blah blah is banned for the entire evening..

"

I'm sure that would be the case, after all we are all qualified in everything known to man and beyond, so lots to discuss

in Lancashire

"

If there's no English ale on tap, a flagon of mead will suffice..

in Lancashire

"Only on the proviso that political blah blah is banned for the entire evening..

I'm sure that would be the case, after all we are all qualified in everything known to man and beyond, so lots to discuss "

Religion as a fall back?

Terra Firma

If there's no English ale on tap, a flagon of mead will suffice.."

I would certainly approach you with some caution, people who drink serious stuff seem to know a thing or 2 from my experience.

Terra Firma

I'm sure that would be the case, after all we are all qualified in everything known to man and beyond, so lots to discuss

Religion as a fall back? "

Oh for sure, I mean what could go wrong

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

We also need a very tall horse

in Lancashire

If there's no English ale on tap, a flagon of mead will suffice..

I would certainly approach you with some caution, people who drink serious stuff seem to know a thing or 2 from my experience. "

Back in the day perhaps, nowadays more than a punt and a half has me up in the night

A good red then ..

Brighton

That would do me. "

Bah Peroni drinkers* I spit on them. Estrella is the way to go!

*Actually I quite like Peroni

in Lancashire

Religion as a fall back?

Oh for sure, I mean what could go wrong "

Ok then football..

Or are things like golf, synchronised swimming and snooker just pastimes and not sport..

Terra Firma

Religion as a fall back?

Ok then football..

Or are things like golf, synchronised swimming and snooker just pastimes and not sport.. "

Golf is a sport but you can replace it with darts

Oh this night out is going to be a blast

Brighton

Joking aside, I actually honestly believe we would all be pretty well behaved and mix a bit more ha we expect. Real life is very different to virtual. Obviously there will still be some tribalism but I think it would be less than on here.

Maybe we need a seating plan? Mix it up a bit?

I am not going if the Red Lion is a Wetherspoons

Terra Firma

That would do me.

*Actually I quite like Peroni"

I think I would recognise you straight away, you would be the one talking stamps

Brighton

Religion as a fall back?

Ok then football..

Or are things like golf, synchronised swimming and snooker just pastimes and not sport..

Oh this night out is going to be a blast "

Darts! Now hold on a minute. Is the Red Lion a pub for plebs or an overpriced gastro pub?

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

That would do me.

*Actually I quite like Peroni"

I've been starting to question you recently but you've gone back to the top with your Estrella nomination

in Lancashire

Religion as a fall back?

Ok then football..

Oh this night out is going to be a blast "

Sounds like no politics, no religion and no sport..

Music or the weather then..

in Lancashire

Religion as a fall back?

Ok then football..

Darts! Now hold on a minute. Is the Red Lion a pub for plebs or an overpriced gastro pub?"

If it serves jus I'm bringing me own grub..

Terra Firma

"Joking aside, I actually honestly believe we would all be pretty well behaved and mix a bit more ha we expect. Real life is very different to virtual. Obviously there will still be some tribalism but I think it would be less than on here.

Maybe we need a seating plan? Mix it up a bit?"

I think the red lion might have been demolished and turned into an out of town shopping complex before agreement would be made on the seating plan.

Brighton

That would do me.

I think I would recognise you straight away, you would be the one talking stamps "

I’ll have you know that we are entering a very exciting period for Philatelist (stop giggling at the back, that is not a sexual fetish) after 70years of Liz we get some new head (boom boom)

Lol say the liberal, I know one thing you would be a brave man to show your face at any social. The amount of people you have upset on here.

in Lancashire

"Joking aside, I actually honestly believe we would all be pretty well behaved and mix a bit more ha we expect. Real life is very different to virtual. Obviously there will still be some tribalism but I think it would be less than on here.

Maybe we need a seating plan? Mix it up a bit?"

I insist on sitting on the right of those on the left, or is it the other way round..

Got it, a big fuck off round table without sides ..

Terra Firma

Religion as a fall back?

Ok then football..

Darts! Now hold on a minute. Is the Red Lion a pub for plebs or an overpriced gastro pub?

If it serves jus I'm bringing me own grub.."

Terra Firma

That would do me.

I think I would recognise you straight away, you would be the one talking stamps

I’ll have you know that we are entering a very exciting period for Philatelist (stop giggling at the back, that is not a sexual fetish) after 70years of Liz we get some new head (boom boom)"

How that made me chuckle

Brighton

That would do me.

I've been starting to question you recently but you've gone back to the top with your Estrella nomination "

I question myself all the time. Hard to keep balance on the fence or atop a high horse while quaffing Spanish lager

in Lancashire

Lol say the liberal, I know one thing you would be a brave man to show your face at any social. The amount of people you have upset on here. "

You're barred, it's a prerequisite to at least have a sense of humour..

Off to the Nags head with you..

Terra Firma

"I am not going if the Red Lion is a Wetherspoons "

Not a spoons, I made sure it was an independent

Terra Firma

Lol say the liberal, I know one thing you would be a brave man to show your face at any social. The amount of people you have upset on here.

Off to the Nags head with you.."

Excellent, we have naturally found the bouncer

Brighton

I think the red lion might have been demolished and turned into an out of town shopping complex before agreement would be made on the seating plan. "

Imagine being in charge of the seating plan though? It would be so much fun. You could be really wicked and provocative.

Terra Firma

I think the red lion might have been demolished and turned into an out of town shopping complex before agreement would be made on the seating plan.

Imagine being in charge of the seating plan though? It would be so much fun. You could be really wicked and provocative."

I think I might consider inheritance tax a better idea than owning that seating plan

Brighton

Imagine being in charge of the seating plan though? It would be so much fun. You could be really wicked and provocative.

I think I might consider inheritance tax a better idea than owning that seating plan "

Lol say the liberal, I know one thing you would be a brave man to show your face at any social. The amount of people you have upset on here. "

Why? What would happen to me??

Bournemouth

That would do me.

I've been starting to question you recently but you've gone back to the top with your Estrella nomination

I question myself all the time. Hard to keep balance on the fence or atop a high horse while quaffing Spanish lager "

"I am not going if the Red Lion is a Wetherspoons

Not a spoons, I made sure it was an independent "

Good

Terra Firma

That would do me.

I've been starting to question you recently but you've gone back to the top with your Estrella nomination "

I'm rather surprised we have so much taste! Both Estrella and Peroni are made in their country of origin and not the UK.

Which has nothing to do with Brexit

Bournemouth

Imagine being in charge of the seating plan though? It would be so much fun. You could be really wicked and provocative."

Wanna sit between Easy and MrMan please

Terra Firma

Wanna sit between Easy and MrMan please "

in Lancashire

Excellent, we have naturally found the bouncer "

A bouncy castle with some baby oil, sorted..

One is allowed to present ones plan for the country, two minutes whilst standing on one foot in the oil sprayed bouncy castle..

With a pint (plastic tumbler of course) to be drank as one does so..

Terra Firma

Excellent, we have naturally found the bouncer

A bouncy castle with some baby oil, sorted..

One is allowed to present ones plan for the country, two minutes whilst standing on one foot in the oil sprayed bouncy castle..

With a pint (plastic tumbler of course) to be drank as one does so.. "

We will need a person to be the nominated drinker for those that are teetotal.

So far it can't be any of us because we like specific drinks that should never be served in plastic. Next one through the door gets the job

Terra Firma

I have also asked the landlord not to show MOTD or QT on the TV.

Bournemouth

"I have also asked the landlord not to show MOTD or QT on the TV.

"

Can we have Gary and Fiona join us please?

Terra Firma

Can we have Gary and Fiona join us please?"

Of course, I will ask them to give us a bit of an update on their situations. I think it would be a grand idea to print off the threads we have made about their goings on and share them for comment on the night.

I love this idea

Lol I be in the corner all by myself. Drinking Belgium's and Jameson's. My back to the wall.

Brighton

"Lol I be in the corner all by myself. Drinking Belgium's and Jameson's. My back to the wall. "

Our international contingent are very welcome, no corner solo sitters allowed

Terra Firma

"Lol I be in the corner all by myself. Drinking Belgium's and Jameson's. My back to the wall. "

I will certainly recognise you when I walk through the door!

I'm not sure you will be by yourself, in fact I think some of your political foes might actually throw their alliances out of the window, only for the night mind you.

Brighton

"Lol I be in the corner all by myself. Drinking Belgium's and Jameson's. My back to the wall.

I'm not sure you will be by yourself, in fact I think some of your political foes might actually throw their alliances out of the window, only for the night mind you.

"

Wait a minute...I see your game now! Dress this up as a political forum get together but really you want it to descend into a night of swinger debauchery! Cheeky

Terra Firma

"Lol I be in the corner all by myself. Drinking Belgium's and Jameson's. My back to the wall.

Wait a minute...I see your game now! Dress this up as a political forum get together but really you want it to descend into a night of swinger debauchery! Cheeky "

Brighton

Ok well as we are all having a bit of light banter for a change and not attacking each other, this made me chuckle (sent to me by my father)...

An 84-year-old man is having a drink in Harpoon Harry's Bar.

Suddenly a gorgeous girl enters and sits down a few seats away.

The girl is so attractive that he just can't take his eyes off her.

After a short while, the girl notices him staring, and approaches him.

Before the man has time to apologize, the girl looks him deep in the eyes and says to him in a sultry tone: "I'll do anything you'd like. Anything you can imagine in your wildest dreams, it doesn't matter how extreme or unusual it is, I'm game. I want $100, and there's another condition."'

Completely stunned by the sudden turn of events, the man asks her what her condition is.

"You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words."

The man takes a moment to consider the offer from the beautiful woman.

He whips out his wallet and puts $100 dollars into her hand...

He then looks her square in the eyes, and says slowly and clearly: "Paint my house."

Our needs change as we get older, and we tend to look for bargain

"Ok well as we are all having a bit of light banter for a change and not attacking each other, this made me chuckle (sent to me by my father)...

Before the man has time to apologize, the girl looks him deep in the eyes and says to him in a sultry tone: "I'll do anything you'd like. Anything you can imagine in your wildest dreams, it doesn't matter how extreme or unusual it is, I'm game. I want $100, and there's another condition."'

Completely stunned by the sudden turn of events, the man asks her what her condition is.

He then looks her square in the eyes, and says slowly and clearly: "Paint my house."

Our needs change as we get older, and we tend to look for bargain"

lol

There better be snacks.

Terra Firma

"Ok well as we are all having a bit of light banter for a change and not attacking each other, this made me chuckle (sent to me by my father)...

Our needs change as we get older, and we tend to look for bargain"

Terra Firma

"There better be snacks. "

Oh yes carrot and celery sticks with humous dip for our vegan friends.

Chicken wings, sliders and ribs for the meat eaters.

Dry roasted peanuts, crisps, pork pie and a sausage rolls for the connoisseurs amongst us.

You will love it

"There better be snacks.

Dry roasted peanuts, crisps, pork pie and a sausage rolls for the connoisseurs amongst us.

You will love it "

lol you had me at wings sliders and ribs.

Brighton

"There better be snacks.

You will love it "

Hope the humous is organic

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 15/03/23 15:26:24]

Terra Firma

"There better be snacks.

You will love it

Hope the humous is organic "

Of course and the pork scratchings

in Lancashire

Can we have Gary and Fiona join us please?"

Yes

in Lancashire

"There better be snacks.

You will love it

Hope the humous is organic "

Free range chick peas..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

I'll come if there is Guinness. And if Slipknot are playing in the corner. Then we won't start arguing.

"I'll come if there is Guinness. And if Slipknot are playing in the corner. Then we won't start arguing.

"

Volbeat

Brighton

Cheshire can bring some cheese (see what I did there )

Terra Firma

"Cheshire can bring some cheese (see what I did there )"

Terra Firma

"There better be snacks.

You will love it

Free range chick peas.. "

Free to roam, they are

I will bring the Apple pie moonshine

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

f,ck me the budget must have been good

Brighton

"There better be snacks.

You will love it

Free range chick peas..

Free to roam, they are "

The meat eaters and connoisseurs should try the chickpeas. Well you know what they say “when in Rome”

golden fields

"I will bring the Apple pie moonshine "

I don't know what that is, but it sounds amazing.

Brighton

"f,ck me the budget must have been good "

The lefties are clubbing together to fund the buffet. It won’t be the best but it will provide sustenance.

The righties are bringing there own top quality food and drink but won’t be sharing it with anyone.

The centristies can’t decide on which food or drink so will probably just go without!

Brighton

*their own (grrrr)

in Lancashire

"f,ck me the budget must have been good

The lefties are clubbing together to fund the buffet. It won’t be the best but it will provide sustenance.

The righties are bringing there own top quality food and drink but won’t be sharing it with anyone.

The centristies can’t decide on which food or drink so will probably just go without!"

The liberals will spend so long deliberating whether the food is ethically sourced and no one was exploited the rest of us will have finished it..

in Lancashire

"There better be snacks.

You will love it

Free range chick peas..

Free to roam, they are "

Corn fed

"f,ck me the budget must have been good "

It wasn’t

Brisket

Red beans and rice

Collard greens

Cornbread.

For everyone or we could do a crawfish boil.

Terra Firma

"Brisket

Red beans and rice

Collard greens

Cornbread.

For everyone or we could do a crawfish boil. "

I have no idea what crawfish boil is, but an instinct has kicked in that tells me not to go near the crawfish boil

"Brisket

Red beans and rice

Collard greens

Cornbread.

I have no idea what crawfish boil is, but an instinct has kicked in that tells me not to go near the crawfish boil "

lol mini lobsters.

Terra Firma

"Brisket

Red beans and rice

Collard greens

Cornbread.

I have no idea what crawfish boil is, but an instinct has kicked in that tells me not to go near the crawfish boil lol mini lobsters."

Just googled it, we call them crayfish angry little buggers they are.

If you had called it mini lobster banquet I would have been in it up to my armpits

"Brisket

Red beans and rice

Collard greens

Cornbread.

I have no idea what crawfish boil is, but an instinct has kicked in that tells me not to go near the crawfish boil lol mini lobsters.

Just googled it, we call them crayfish angry little buggers they are.

If you had called it mini lobster banquet I would have been in it up to my armpits "

lol to me they taste like lobster. We eat some weird foods too .

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Wanna sit between Easy and MrMan please "

I'd quite like that too.

I expect a few people will be missing, having gone for pre-drinks up the hill at the pub named after the tall pale building.

We'll just have to leave them, there's little chance of dragging them down from the Ivory Tower.

Terra Firma

"Wanna sit between Easy and MrMan please

I'd quite like that too.

I expect a few people will be missing, having gone for pre-drinks up the hill at the pub named after the tall pale building.

We'll just have to leave them, there's little chance of dragging them down from the Ivory Tower."

glad you can make it, we seem to be missing a few, hopefully they will turn up soon

Gilfach

I wonder how many people will be wearing more than one name badge.

"I wonder how many people will be wearing more than one name badge."
I will be noticable I going to wear my grunt style " Violates community standards". T shirt.

Brighton

Well I have been called a variety of names on here so I can pick n choose!

in Lancashire

I plan on wearing at least three 'my name is Pat' badges..

Terra Firma

"I wonder how many people will be wearing more than one name badge.

I plan on wearing at least three 'my name is Pat' badges.. "

I love your sense of humour, you have really made me laugh, thank you

Yay we can all get along in a social setting

Terra Firma

"Yay we can all get along in a social setting "

Honestly.. it would be great sitting down feasting and drinking. Discussing life's values . Watching facial expressions. The laughter and the disdain. Being honest . It could be a epic understanding.

So.. Raise your glass and celebrate your wrong in all the right ways.

in Lancashire

I love your sense of humour, you have really made me laugh, thank you "

Your welcome..

In reality I think it's a great idea, we have strong views etc but probably more in common than that which divides us..

Pat and I have sparred on here for over ten years and yet I would still sit down with him and have a beer..

Brighton

Your welcome..

In reality I think it's a great idea, we have strong views etc but probably more in common than that which divides us..

Pat and I have sparred on here for over ten years and yet I would still sit down with him and have a beer.."

He’s probably too busy making plans for Cap D’Agde. Naughty boy that one!

in Lancashire

Your welcome..

Pat and I have sparred on here for over ten years and yet I would still sit down with him and have a beer..

He’s probably too busy making plans for Cap D’Agde. Naughty boy that one!"

As good as anywhere for a gathering..

By *ine Time FontayneMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Levitate ? ….. gravitate ??

Gilfach

You resurrected a 5 week old thread, just to complain about grammar?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well that's the politics forum for you.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Well that's the politics forum for you."

Can't we have name bages with added information

Stay or leave on it.

Income.

Tax payed last year.

Capital wealth.

golden fields

"You resurrected a 5 week old thread, just to complain about grammar?"

Are you envious you didn't spot it and call it out?

Terra Firma

"Levitate ? ….. gravitate ??"

Ah that would be me.. Thanks for the question! After a lot of soul searching I have decided to do both, I think I can pull it off

Gilfach

"You resurrected a 5 week old thread, just to complain about grammar?"

"Are you envious you didn't spot it and call it out?"

I did spot it, but I gritted my teeth and ignored it. I never comment on spelling or grammar. I just judge people quietly in my head.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Well that's the politics forum for you.

Can't we have name bages with added information

Stay or leave on it.

Income.

Tax payed last year.

Capital wealth.

"

plus politicsl leanings. My badge may make me look more Tory than I am.

Also: ProWanda or not, as that's a fave. And maybe a ICE v EV.

golden fields

"You resurrected a 5 week old thread, just to complain about grammar?

Are you envious you didn't spot it and call it out?

I did spot it, but I gritted my teeth and ignored it. I never comment on spelling or grammar. I just judge people quietly in my head."

I are iz hungova

One day the shadows will surround me

Someday the days will come to end

Sometime I'll have to face the real me

Somehow I'll have to learn to bend

And now I see clearly

All these times I simply stepped aside

I watched but never really listened

As the whole world passed me by

All this time I watched from the outside

Never understood what was wrong or what was right

I apologize, whoah

I apologize, whoah

One day I'll face the Hell inside me

Someday I'll accept what I have done

Sometime I'll leave the past behind me

For now I accept who I've become

And now I see clearly

I apologize

I apologize

One day the shadows will surround me

I apologize

I apologize

Gilfach

That's quite enough young lady.

Karaoke is Thursday nights.

"That's quite enough young lady.

Karaoke is Thursday nights."

lol

By *lfasoCouple  over a year ago

South East

The Red Lion? That is so typical of this forum. Why not The Blue Lion?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"The Red Lion? That is so typical of this forum. Why not The Blue Lion? "

Or green,or yellow

Let's just hope they sell vegetarian lager and gluten free options

Terra Firma

"The Red Lion? That is so typical of this forum. Why not The Blue Lion? "

We have the George and dragon lined up, followed by all bar one and the dribble inn.

I think that should cover it for the next few months

I dragging you bitches to a biker bar.

By *lfasoCouple  over a year ago

South East

"The Red Lion? That is so typical of this forum. Why not The Blue Lion?

We have the George and dragon lined up, followed by all bar one and the dribble inn.

I think that should cover it for the next few months "

The Halfway Inn is very disappointing.

Terra Firma

"The Red Lion? That is so typical of this forum. Why not The Blue Lion?

I think that should cover it for the next few months

The Halfway Inn is very disappointing. "

I agree, but better than nothing I hope?

North Bucks

I think all in all we would have a lovely night

Terra Firma

"I think all in all we would have a lovely night "

Unfortunately it isn't looking very promising, we have had a number of venues pull out on us, something to do with expected trouble.

I have no idea what they mean

golden fields

"I think all in all we would have a lovely night

Unfortunately it isn't looking very promising, we have had a number of venues pull out on us, something to do with expected trouble.

I have no idea what they mean "

XR will protest us.

Terra Firma

XR will protest us."

If they try and glue themselves onto my pint they will regret it

golden fields

XR will protest us.

If they try and glue themselves onto my pint they will regret it "

I'm with you there.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Are guns banned?

"Are guns banned? "
In the UK they are

Newcastle and Gateshead

I migh come along then… with cricket box and a gun shield….

"I migh come along then… with cricket box and a gun shield…. "
lol

Terra Firma

"I migh come along then… with cricket box and a gun shield…. "

I’ve got goggles and some cotton wool buds for my ears too, might be worth an investment

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I migh come along then… with cricket box and a gun shield….

I’ve got goggles and some cotton wool buds for my ears too, might be worth an investment "

Ooh.. head gear as well!!!

Terra Firma

I’ve got goggles and some cotton wool buds for my ears too, might be worth an investment

Ooh.. head gear as well!!! "

Hadn’t considered that, are you going motorbike crash helmet or a simple builders hard hat?

I think I will probably get som shin guards too

in Lancashire

Ooh.. head gear as well!!! "

Flat cap..

Only gun I would bring is a super soaker full of saki.

Terra Firma

"Only gun I would bring is a super soaker full of saki. "

» Add a new message to this topic