FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Does Sunak have the balls…

Does Sunak have the balls…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 51 weeks ago

North West

To capitalise on the Priviliges Report and finally be strong and assertive?

If he bottles it next week, I reckon the Conservative Parliamentary Party will split into open hostilities and an Autumn General Election will be on the cards.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan 51 weeks ago

Grantham

"To capitalise on the Priviliges Report and finally be strong and assertive?

If he bottles it next week, I reckon the Conservative Parliamentary Party will split into open hostilities and an Autumn General Election will be on the cards."

What will he be bottling next week?

North West

If he bottles it next week, I reckon the Conservative Parliamentary Party will split into open hostilities and an Autumn General Election will be on the cards.

What will he be bottling next week?"

On Monday, the House will vote on the Orivilige Report. The aftermath of that will illustrate just how much support Johnson has left in the Conservative Party and Sunak will need to deal with the Johnson fanboys and fangirls decisively or risk an internal meltdown.

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

If he bottles it next week, I reckon the Conservative Parliamentary Party will split into open hostilities and an Autumn General Election will be on the cards."

Tbh, I don’t think Alexander has that much support anymore, but I agree that Sunak needs to ‘punish’ any MPs who are openly criticising the Privileges Committee

North West

Tbh, I don’t think Alexander has that much support anymore, but I agree that Sunak needs to ‘punish’ any MPs who are openly criticising the Privileges Committee "

As the vote will be open and free, it will be very interesting to see how many are still believers in Boris.

Tbh, I don’t think Alexander has that much support anymore, but I agree that Sunak needs to ‘punish’ any MPs who are openly criticising the Privileges Committee

As the vote will be open and free, it will be very interesting to see how many are still believers in Boris."

Not many, maybe 20 , most Tory MPs will abstain,

North West

As the vote will be open and free, it will be very interesting to see how many are still believers in Boris.

Not many, maybe 20 , most Tory MPs will abstain, "

They should at least be whipped to vote - one way or the other. Get them to show their cards.

They should at least be whipped to vote - one way or the other. Get them to show their cards."

I agree, but most wont have the courage , it will be a heavily one sided vote in favour of the committee’s recommendations, Alexander isn’t very popular

By *ercuryMan 51 weeks ago

Grantham

Unless someone shouts "no" after the debate, then there won't be a vote.

I'm guessing that a member of the Opposition, is going to do exactly that, so that others can see who is voting which way.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 51 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Unless someone shouts "no" after the debate, then there won't be a vote.

I'm guessing that a member of the Opposition, is going to do exactly that, so that others can see who is voting which way."

Absolutely agree, as would happen if the Tories were in opposition at this point with Labour tearing themselves apart..

By *eavenNhellCouple 50 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

And sunak shows his true colours

Brave Sir Rishi ran away. Bravely ran away away. When danger reared it's ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled. Yes, brave Sir Rishi turned about And gallantly he chickened out. Swiftly taking to his feet, He beat a very brave retreat. Bravest of the brave, Sir Rishi

Were sunakered

By *mateur100Man 50 weeks ago

nr faversham

They should at least be whipped to vote - one way or the other. Get them to show their cards.

I agree, but most wont have the courage , it will be a heavily one sided vote in favour of the committee’s recommendations, Alexander isn’t very popular "

And in a similar situation the labour party would behave any differently? Of course not

By *idnight RamblerMan 50 weeks ago

Pershore

Rishi has gone missing in action. Not a good look for a PM.

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

I agree, but most wont have the courage , it will be a heavily one sided vote in favour of the committee’s recommendations, Alexander isn’t very popular

And in a similar situation the labour party would behave any differently? Of course not"

What about

By *otMe66Man 50 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"And sunak shows his true colours

Brave Sir Rishi ran away. Bravely ran away away. When danger reared it's ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled. Yes, brave Sir Rishi turned about And gallantly he chickened out. Swiftly taking to his feet, He beat a very brave retreat. Bravest of the brave, Sir Rishi

Were sunakered "

What do you want the PM of the country to do. Attend something that has no meaning, because the mp has resigned, or get on with some real work on behalf of the country.

Were sunakered

What do you want the PM of the country to do. Attend something that has no meaning, because the mp has resigned, or get on with some real work on behalf of the country.

"

Something that has no meaning? You’re sure?

By *rucks and TrailersMan 50 weeks ago

Ealing

Were sunakered

Something that has no meaning? You’re sure?"

Out in the real world I cannot see many people being concerned about what a privileges committee have to say. Just seven people with an inflated opinion of their own self importance.

Ordinary people are concerned about the cost of living , the war in Ukraine and the younger generation with housing costs. What Boris did during lockdown is irrelevant to them.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 50 weeks ago

golden fields

Were sunakered

Something that has no meaning? You’re sure? Out in the real world I cannot see many people being concerned about what a privileges committee have to say. Just seven people with an inflated opinion of their own self importance.

Ordinary people are concerned about the cost of living , the war in Ukraine and the younger generation with housing costs. What Boris did during lockdown is irrelevant to them. "

Do you think an apathetic electorate is good, or bad for the country.

Kinda sounds like you're happy about it. My view is that an engaged electorate would be good for the UK.

By *ercuryMan 50 weeks ago

Grantham

Were sunakered

"

He's actually had a meeting with the Swedish PM, then has a long standing engagement at a charity fundraiser.

By *astandFeistyCouple 50 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Were sunakered

"

Beat him with whatever stick you can find...

It made no difference whether he was there or not but that doesn't really matter.

Ealing

Were sunakered

Something that has no meaning? You’re sure? Out in the real world I cannot see many people being concerned about what a privileges committee have to say. Just seven people with an inflated opinion of their own self importance.

Ordinary people are concerned about the cost of living , the war in Ukraine and the younger generation with housing costs. What Boris did during lockdown is irrelevant to them.

Kinda sounds like you're happy about it. My view is that an engaged electorate would be good for the UK."

. What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that?

Were sunakered

Kinda sounds like you're happy about it. My view is that an engaged electorate would be good for the UK.. What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that? "

7 MPs agree with you, 7

golden fields

Were sunakered

Kinda sounds like you're happy about it. My view is that an engaged electorate would be good for the UK.. What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that? "

Imagine spending your life trawling through a swingers forum trying to find minor breaches of Tory worship. Would any successful person spend their time doing that?

But seriously. The Tories broke lots of rules while normal people had their loved ones dying along on hospital.

Also, what "results" matter to people?

By the way, in general, I agree with you, the electorate don't seem to care how badly the Tories fuck them over.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 50 weeks ago

Gilfach

"What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that?"

"7 MPs agree with you, 7"

No, 7 is the number that voted against the report (lord knows why). TnT above says that it's irrelevant, which means that he's with the 289 that abstained, or didn't turn up.

"What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that?

7 MPs agree with you, 7

No, 7 is the number that voted against the report (lord knows why). TnT above says that it's irrelevant, which means that he's with the 289 that abstained, or didn't turn up. "

7, and one of those was a labour whip , only 6 supported him

By *irldnCouple 50 weeks ago

Brighton

"What I said was that any minor breach of rules is irrelevant to most people. What matters to the majority is results. Imagine spending your life trawling through videos trying to find minor breaches of lockdown rules . Would any successfull person spend their time doing that?

7 MPs agree with you, 7

No, 7 is the number that voted against the report (lord knows why). TnT above says that it's irrelevant, which means that he's with the 289 that abstained, or didn't turn up. "

And...Some 118 Tory MPs voted to back the committee’s findings, including cabinet ministers Alex Chalk, Penny Mordaunt Gillian Keegan, and former PM Theresa May.

Ealing

7 MPs agree with you, 7

No, 7 is the number that voted against the report (lord knows why). TnT above says that it's irrelevant, which means that he's with the 289 that abstained, or didn't turn up.

And...Some 118 Tory MPs voted to back the committee’s findings, including cabinet ministers Alex Chalk, Penny Mordaunt Gillian Keegan, and former PM Theresa May."

. This vote is irrelevant. There is only one vote that counts and that is the one of the electorate on the day of the election. Opinion polls or votes in the House of Commons on trivial matters are irrelevant. Luckily on this occasion a lot of MPs exercised common sense and did not bother turning up to vote . They had better things to do with their lives.

Just as well the general public are not as vindictive as some MPs. Some people will be bitterly disappointed when the results of the next election are announced.

It will be five times in a row .

golden fields

7 MPs agree with you, 7

And...Some 118 Tory MPs voted to back the committee’s findings, including cabinet ministers Alex Chalk, Penny Mordaunt Gillian Keegan, and former PM Theresa May.. This vote is irrelevant. There is only one vote that counts and that is the one of the electorate on the day of the election. Opinion polls or votes in the House of Commons on trivial matters are irrelevant. Luckily on this occasion a lot of MPs exercised common sense and did not bother turning up to vote . They had better things to do with their lives.

Just as well the general public are not as vindictive as some MPs. Some people will be bitterly disappointed when the results of the next election are announced.

It will be five times in a row . "

Celebrating that MPs are too lazy and apathetic to vote is pretty funny.

By *AFKA HovisMan 50 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

7 MPs agree with you, 7

And...Some 118 Tory MPs voted to back the committee’s findings, including cabinet ministers Alex Chalk, Penny Mordaunt Gillian Keegan, and former PM Theresa May.. This vote is irrelevant. There is only one vote that counts and that is the one of the electorate on the day of the election. Opinion polls or votes in the House of Commons on trivial matters are irrelevant. Luckily on this occasion a lot of MPs exercised common sense and did not bother turning up to vote . They had better things to do with their lives.

tbf, the will of the people was to be governed by a known liar, so they probably don't care that he's been lying. As long as he isn't lying about the stuff we like hearing.. does my brexit bum look big on this ?

7 MPs agree with you, 7

I’m 2019 Johnson won an 80 seat majority - that’s ordinarily at least two terms to overcome.

The very fact that we can even consider the possibility of labour winning the next election is testament to just how terrible this government has been.

7 MPs agree with you, 7

By *allySlinkyWoman 50 weeks ago

Leeds

The answer to the title of this thread is obviously "no"

By *irldnCouple 50 weeks ago

Brighton

7 MPs agree with you, 7

Pat I am worried. Your Top Tory Trolling is just so damn readable and amusing, I fear you will once again leave Fab if Johnson vanishes (like you did before)?

Promise us you will not be so partisan and turn your hand to some Lethal Labour Lampooning if they win the next general election (I know the material you have work with will not be such a rich vein to plunder, but I am sure you have it in you!)

7 MPs agree with you, 7

Pat I am worried. Your Top Tory Trolling is just so damn readable and amusing, I fear you will once again leave Fab if Johnson vanishes (like you did before)?

Promise us you will not be so partisan and turn your hand to some Lethal Labour Lampooning if they win the next general election (I know the material you have work with will not be such a rich vein to plunder

, but I am sure you have it in you!)"

I want to know if he will vote for Sunak at the next GE

By *AFKA HovisMan 50 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

7 MPs agree with you, 7

Promise us you will not be so partisan and turn your hand to some Lethal Labour Lampooning if they win the next general election (I know the material you have work with will not be such a rich vein to plunder

, but I am sure you have it in you!)

I want to know if he will vote for Sunak at the next GE"

Boris will be back then for his over time innings. Hasta la GE

"The answer to the title of this thread is obviously "no""

He has balls but they are obviously very very very small

By *allySlinkyWoman 50 weeks ago

Leeds

"

He has balls but they are obviously very very very small "