FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sunaks earning millions off government contracts

Sunaks earning millions off government contracts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 17 weeks ago

nearby

Rishi Sunaks wife is a shareholder in her fathers business

The company has been awarded £750 million contracts for financial conduct authority and nhs, profits will be offshore.

Too much of a coincidence Mr Sunak was not involved in the procurement of these contracts. While he consistently was obstructive over doctors and nurses pay.

Politics Joe:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvTIgKS14IU&pp=ygU2VGhlIHN1bmFrcyBhcmUgZXNybmluZyBtaWxsaW9ucyBvZiBnb3Zlcm1udCBjb250cmFjdHMg

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostindreamsMan 17 weeks ago

London

It's a wildly misleading news. Infosys is one of the 25 companies in the approved list for one contract and is one of the 62 companies in the approved list for another contract. The sum of two contracts is going to be 750M.

No contract has been awarded yet. They are just in the list of companies considered. I would be surprised if Infosys isn't in the list given that they are one of the biggest services companies in India.

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

"Rishi Sunaks wife is a shareholder in her fathers business

The company has been awarded £750 million contracts for financial conduct authority and nhs, profits will be offshore.

Too much of a coincidence Mr Sunak was not involved in the procurement of these contracts. While he consistently was obstructive over doctors and nurses pay.

Politics Joe:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvTIgKS14IU&pp=ygU2VGhlIHN1bmFrcyBhcmUgZXNybmluZyBtaWxsaW9ucyBvZiBnb3Zlcm1udCBjb250cmFjdHMg

"

Tory’s gonna Tory.

London

People have already started going off fake news I guess. And the left makes jokes about daily mail readers. The irony.

By *irldnCouple 17 weeks ago

Brighton

All these conflicts of interest (real or otherwise) are easy to resolve. If Rishi Sunak wants to be a Minister (let alone the PM) then his wife should divest herself or her Infosys shares OR Infosys could remove themselves from the various UK Government commercial frameworks they are on OR actually Sunak could have decided to not go into politics! It ain’t rocket science!!!

"People have already started going off fake news I guess. And the left makes jokes about daily mail readers. The irony."

It’s not fake news that a Tory Lord told executives of infosys that he’ll do what he can to facilitate them, is it?

Yes it’s very sad that women are allowed to have their own careers and business interests.

The sooner they stay at home at the kitchen sink and look after the kids the better.

nearby

At least it’s less than Mone’s £203million and the £30million hancocks landlord neighbour got, or the Tory donors Reuben brothers who lease out Hmrc’s new Newcastle offices via BVI tax haven on a 25 year lease, all rent received tax free, paid by uk taxpayer

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 17 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

The only way to deal with it is the French way, and until folk are prepared to mob up and smoke them out into the town square this will continue.

London

"People have already started going off fake news I guess. And the left makes jokes about daily mail readers. The irony.

It’s not fake news that a Tory Lord told executives of infosys that he’ll do what he can to facilitate them, is it?"

OP said that the contract has been awarded. It's not awarded

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/firm-part-owned-rishi-sunaks-31984306

The company is in an approved list along with many other companies

"People have already started going off fake news I guess. And the left makes jokes about daily mail readers. The irony.

It’s not fake news that a Tory Lord told executives of infosys that he’ll do what he can to facilitate them, is it?

The company is in an approved list along with many other companies "

I did ask you a question.

London

I did ask you a question."

You are trying to deflect. The premise of the original post was wrong and we have plenty of posters screaming things based on wrong information. I called out the fake news and how people fall for it. Why do you ask random unrelated questions to deflect?

nearby

Thought the contract was awarded. on the back of

Infosys which has received at least £66m in public contracts since 2015, including more than £47m awarded since Sunak became Chancellor in February 2020

Mrs Sunak had £12million dividends from that in 2022, while a non dom, avoiding millions in tax (39.35% dividend tax for extra high rate taxpayer), until public embarrassment called it out and she now apparently pays tax

You are trying to deflect. The premise of the original post was wrong and we have plenty of posters screaming things based on wrong information. I called out the fake news and how people fall for it. Why do you ask random unrelated questions to deflect?"

I’m deflecting nothing - I never claimed the contract had been awarded.

I asked you a related question about a conservative Lord and his discussions with infosys. You seem like an expert on the subject, so I wondered if you could confirm or deny his words?

London

You are trying to deflect. The premise of the original post was wrong and we have plenty of posters screaming things based on wrong information. I called out the fake news and how people fall for it. Why do you ask random unrelated questions to deflect?

I asked you a related question about a conservative Lord and his discussions with infosys. You seem like an expert on the subject, so I wondered if you could confirm or deny his words?"

Your question is not related. It's plain whataboutism. The original claim in the post was a lie. I pointed it out and mentioned how people fall for these misleading news and the same people will go on about how daily mail readers fall for fake news. Instead of taking that argument, you are asking an unrelated question. That's deflection.

I asked you a related question about a conservative Lord and his discussions with infosys. You seem like an expert on the subject, so I wondered if you could confirm or deny his words?

Your question is not related. It's plain whataboutism. The original claim in the post was a lie. I pointed it out and mentioned how people fall for these misleading news and the same people will go on about how daily mail readers fall for fake news. Instead of taking that argument, you are asking an unrelated question. That's deflection."

How is it unrelated? It’s literally in this story in The Mirror.

I can understand why you want to pretend that I’m deflecting, because you know that in all likelihood there is some shady dealing going on.

I’m not sure why you’d be surprised, it’s not like this govt. doesn’t have a ton of previous.

London

Your question is not related. It's plain whataboutism. The original claim in the post was a lie. I pointed it out and mentioned how people fall for these misleading news and the same people will go on about how daily mail readers fall for fake news. Instead of taking that argument, you are asking an unrelated question. That's deflection.

I can understand why you want to pretend that I’m deflecting, because you know that in all likelihood there is some shady dealing going on.

I’m not sure why you’d be surprised, it’s not like this govt. doesn’t have a ton of previous."

What's in the story in the Mirror?

Infosys is one of the big 3 IT services companies in India. They provide IT solutions for governments in many English speaking countries. It's only a surprise if it doesn't show up in such lists.

Anyway, the original post was wrong and that's what I pointed out. Instead of arguing if that's right or wrong, you are trying real hard to divert and deflect.

I’m not sure why you’d be surprised, it’s not like this govt. doesn’t have a ton of previous.

Infosys is one of the big 3 IT services companies in India. They provide IT solutions for governments in many English speaking countries. It's only a surprise if it doesn't show up in such lists.

Anyway, the original post was wrong and that's what I pointed out. Instead of arguing if that's right or wrong, you are trying real hard to divert and deflect."

The mirror story is literally in this thread.

London

Anyway, the original post was wrong and that's what I pointed out. Instead of arguing if that's right or wrong, you are trying real hard to divert and deflect.

The mirror story is literally in this thread. "

I was the one who posted the mirror link to prove that the content in the original post was fake news.

You replied saying "It’s not fake news that a Tory Lord told executives of infosys that he’ll do what he can to facilitate them, is it?"

Where does this come from and how does it magically make the content of the original post not fake news?

I was the one who posted the mirror link to prove that the content in the original post was fake news.

You replied saying "It’s not fake news that a Tory Lord told executives of infosys that he’ll do what he can to facilitate them, is it?"

Where does this come from and how does it magically make the content of the original post not fake news?"

It was from The Mirror

Apologies, I assumed your link was to this piece:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/sunak-should-learn-ppe-must-32040910.amp

London

Where does this come from and how does it magically make the content of the original post not fake news?

It was from The Mirror

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/sunak-should-learn-ppe-must-32040910.amp"

And this is what he said about Tata's growth in UK

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lord-dominic-johnson-43002b20_tata-group-to-invest-over-4-billion-in-uk-activity-7087402855212404736-jL0R?trk=public_profile_like_view

It's almost like a business and trade minister is doing his job of getting companies to invest and grow in the UK. How dare he!!!

By *otMe66Man 17 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"All these conflicts of interest (real or otherwise) are easy to resolve. If Rishi Sunak wants to be a Minister (let alone the PM) then his wife should divest herself or her Infosys shares OR Infosys could remove themselves from the various UK Government commercial frameworks they are on OR actually Sunak could have decided to not go into politics! It ain’t rocket science!!!"

Are you also going to tackle the 6.6 degrees of separation most people have? When you move into the upper echelons that 6.6 will reduce drastically.

And here we have the problem, do successfully motivated people need to be held in isolation for fear of influence, when should that start, at birth or uni, when?

What was said by another poster in terms of infosys being a top 3, it is and will continue to be because they work with complex organisations for a good price, whilst offering enterprise level support.

It was from The Mirror

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lord-dominic-johnson-43002b20_tata-group-to-invest-over-4-billion-in-uk-activity-7087402855212404736-jL0R?trk=public_profile_like_view

It's almost like a business and trade minister is doing his job of getting companies to invest and grow in the UK. How dare he!!!"

Did TATA want changes to the U.K. visa system as infosys do?

Surely you can accept that people will see this as shady for Sunak? Especially given the party’s recent history?

Let’s say Corbyn wins the election in 2019. The NHS start to offer medical marijuana as a treatment. Several companies vie for the contract to supply the NHS, including Tommy Corbyn’s.

How would that be seen?

London

It was from The Mirror

It's almost like a business and trade minister is doing his job of getting companies to invest and grow in the UK. How dare he!!!

Surely you can accept that people will see this as shady for Sunak? Especially given the party’s recent history?

"

Every company who wants to create job opportunities in another country would expect to hire easily. Do you think Tata isn't going to get people on visas? If you want to go on a witch hunt against Infosys, you can easily look at every individual incident in isolation and make it look like it's all shady business.

London

"Let’s say Corbyn wins the election in 2019. The NHS start to offer medical marijuana as a treatment. Several companies vie for the contract to supply the NHS, including Tommy Corbyn’s.

How would that be seen? "

If Tommy Corbyn's company actually is a good choice, sure. Why not?

"Let’s say Corbyn wins the election in 2019. The NHS start to offer medical marijuana as a treatment. Several companies vie for the contract to supply the NHS, including Tommy Corbyn’s.

How would that be seen?

If Tommy Corbyn's company actually is a good choice, sure. Why not? "

Ah of course that’s how it would be seen

It was from The Mirror

Every company who wants to create job opportunities in another country would expect to hire easily. Do you think Tata isn't going to get people on visas? If you want to go on a witch hunt against Infosys, you can easily look at every individual incident in isolation and make it look like it's all shady business. "

Infosys isn’t the problem here.

London

It was from The Mirror

Every company who wants to create job opportunities in another country would expect to hire easily. Do you think Tata isn't going to get people on visas? If you want to go on a witch hunt against Infosys, you can easily look at every individual incident in isolation and make it look like it's all shady business.

Infosys isn’t the problem here."

Then what is? Just because Sunak's wife owns many shares in the company being the daughter of the owner, people are targeting that company and calling whatever they are doing related to the UK government as a shady deal. People are blind to the fact that Infosys's competitors from India too have some UK government contracts. Infosys also has government contracts with other countries.

This is a witch hunt, pure and simple.

By *allySlinkyWoman 17 weeks ago

Leeds

A witch hunt ? When Tory Lord Johnson is lobbying for the Prime Minister's wife to benefit from a trade deal ?

"A witch hunt ? When Tory Lord Johnson is lobbying for the Prime Minister's wife to benefit from a trade deal ?"

They’re the party of nepotism

London

"A witch hunt ? When Tory Lord Johnson is lobbying for the Prime Minister's wife to benefit from a trade deal ?"

He also talked another major Indian company to expand in UK. In other words, he is doing his job.

London

So what do people expect here? Infosys is one of the major players in providing IT services all over the world. Should we stop giving any contract to them? Should we stop them from expanding and hiring workforce in UK? Should we cancel their existing contracts they got before Sunak became a minister when they are up for renewal?

And how far do you want to take this? How about identifying every direct and indirect investments made by all ministers and blocking all those companies from dealing with UK government?

"So what do people expect here? Infosys is one of the major players in providing IT services all over the world. Should we stop giving any contract to them? Should we stop them from expanding and hiring workforce in UK? Should we cancel their existing contracts they got before Sunak became a minister when they are up for renewal?

And how far do you want to take this? How about identifying every direct and indirect investments made by all ministers and blocking all those companies from dealing with UK government?"

It’s not about them being potential contract holders - it’s allegations of VIP access akin to the PPE scandal.

By *astandFeistyCouple 17 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Where is the info from the other companies that Johnson met on his India trip?

A bet he said similar things to them too.

Everything you can find to have a dig at the Tories and you choose to have a dig at a guy doing his job. Fuck me sideways

"Where is the info from the other companies that Johnson met on his India trip?

Everything you can find to have a dig at the Tories and you choose to have a dig at a guy doing his job. Fuck me sideways "

I’m all in favour of letting the truth out. Right now it looks shady - anyone can pretend it doesn’t, but they’re kidding themselves.

It wouldn’t be the first time a relative/friend/sibling was rewarded by a Tory government in the past 14 years.

London

"So what do people expect here? Infosys is one of the major players in providing IT services all over the world. Should we stop giving any contract to them? Should we stop them from expanding and hiring workforce in UK? Should we cancel their existing contracts they got before Sunak became a minister when they are up for renewal?

And how far do you want to take this? How about identifying every direct and indirect investments made by all ministers and blocking all those companies from dealing with UK government?

It’s not about them being potential contract holders - it’s allegations of VIP access akin to the PPE scandal."

Allegations which haven't been proven. All we have are some isolated remarks and specific contracts given, without considering other companies who have been rewarded with the contracts and also the fact that Infosys is a major player with government contracts from other countries too.

I am not saying Tories are saints. I won't even vote for them the next election. But these allegations are just lame.

Bournemouth

Everything you can find to have a dig at the Tories and you choose to have a dig at a guy doing his job. Fuck me sideways

I’m all in favour of letting the truth out. Right now it looks shady - anyone can pretend it doesn’t, but they’re kidding themselves.

It wouldn’t be the first time a relative/friend/sibling was rewarded by a Tory government in the past 14 years."

It's looks shady in that they have only released one part of that trip.

Imagine a left wing newspaper wanting to make the opposition look bad in election year.

Why haven't they released any other details?

It wouldn’t be the first time a relative/friend/sibling was rewarded by a Tory government in the past 14 years.

Imagine a left wing newspaper wanting to make the opposition look bad in election year.

Why haven't they released any other details? "

Mayeb we could look at the 2023 Sunak/infosys story in the Daily Mail to see if we missed anything.

Bournemouth

Mayeb we could look at the 2023 Sunak/infosys story in the Daily Mail to see if we missed anything. "

I'm asking about every other company he met on that trip. Why is it being hidden?

You're looking with that blinkered view again.

Mayeb we could look at the 2023 Sunak/infosys story in the Daily Mail to see if we missed anything.

I'm asking about every other company he met on that trip. Why is it being hidden?

You're looking with that blinkered view again. "

Maybe there’s nothing interesting in any other talks he had. Such things are generally not newsworthy.

Wild, eh?

Bournemouth

Maybe there’s nothing interesting in any other talks he had. Such things are generally not newsworthy.

Wild, eh?

"

It just so happened that his talks with Infosys were interesting and no other was

Come on man, even you know that sounds ridiculous.

Wild, eh?

It just so happened that his talks with Infosys were interesting and no other was

Come on man, even you know that sounds ridiculous. "

Does it?

Most trade talks are dull. This one at least appears to suggest that strings could be pulled. Maybe it’s an outlier in which case it’s news.

Bournemouth

Wild, eh?

Does it?

Most trade talks are dull. This one at least appears to suggest that strings could be pulled. Maybe it’s an outlier in which case it’s news. "

As I said blinkered as usual

Wild, eh?

Does it?

Most trade talks are dull. This one at least appears to suggest that strings could be pulled. Maybe it’s an outlier in which case it’s news.

As I said blinkered as usual "

Not at all. What I said was very balanced. Instead of just saying ‘blinkered’ - why not try to take it apart?

Bournemouth

Wild, eh?

Does it?

Not at all. What I said was very balanced. Instead of just saying ‘blinkered’ - why not try to take it apart? "

There is nothing to take apart until we see the other information on that FOI.

I'm not on the side of Infosys, I'm also not saying its shady until we see the proof.

You're seeing one side and not thinking of the other - that's blinkered.

Out of interest, what did you think to all the people jumping on the cop yesterday for that sticker photo?

Wild, eh?

Does it?

Not at all. What I said was very balanced. Instead of just saying ‘blinkered’ - why not try to take it apart?

I'm not on the side of Infosys, I'm also not saying its shady until we see the proof.

Out of interest, what did you think to all the people jumping on the cop yesterday for that sticker photo?"

I have no idea what you’re referring to.

Bournemouth

Wild, eh?

Does it?

Out of interest, what did you think to all the people jumping on the cop yesterday for that sticker photo?

I have no idea what you’re referring to."

Mental, you're big on twitter and you couldn't have avoided it if you tried.

I'm surprised you don't know what it is, or maybe you don't want to comment because it'll show your hypocrisy.

Wild, eh?

Does it?

I'm surprised you don't know what it is, or maybe you don't want to comment because it'll show your hypocrisy. "

I was big on Twitter, I haven’t had an about for about a year now - except a non-politics one for my band.

So no, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Bournemouth

Wild, eh?

Does it?

I'm surprised you don't know what it is, or maybe you don't want to comment because it'll show your hypocrisy.

I was big on Twitter, I haven’t had an about for about a year now - except a non-politics one for my band.

So no, I don’t know what you’re talking about. "

I'll leave it there then

Wild, eh?

Does it?

So no, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I'll leave it there then "

Rolling your eyes at me because I had the audacity to not know what random story you’re talking about? (After lowkey accusing me of lying)

Whatever you want, dude.

Politics Joe:

"

You going to do something about it?

Something is being done by good lawyers.

By *uddy laneMan 17 weeks ago

dudley

Politics Joe:

"

Dont hate bro get in on the act, the share price of infosys is up by 2.2% and expecting to rise further.

Brighton

"Yes it’s very sad that women are allowed to have their own careers and business interests.

The sooner they stay at home at the kitchen sink and look after the kids the better."

I think you are right Rog but as I said above, very easy to avoid the conflict of interest! Just don’t become a public servant!

Murthy’s father has indeed been very successful. His daughter’s wealth was built by her father. Her own business ventures have met with very mixed success!

Brighton

"All these conflicts of interest (real or otherwise) are easy to resolve. If Rishi Sunak wants to be a Minister (let alone the PM) then his wife should divest herself or her Infosys shares OR Infosys could remove themselves from the various UK Government commercial frameworks they are on OR actually Sunak could have decided to not go into politics! It ain’t rocket science!!!

Are you also going to tackle the 6.6 degrees of separation most people have? When you move into the upper echelons that 6.6 will reduce drastically.

And here we have the problem, do successfully motivated people need to be held in isolation for fear of influence, when should that start, at birth or uni, when?

What was said by another poster in terms of infosys being a top 3, it is and will continue to be because they work with complex organisations for a good price, whilst offering enterprise level support.

"

I explained clearly how to avoid a conflict of interest. Don’t like it? Don’t go into politics. Simple. Even if there is nothing untoward, there is too much of an opportunity for raising suspicions. And Sunak is arguably only one degree of separation not six as any govt contract award benefits his wife. We have discussed this before. A spouse of a politician should be in scope for the ministerial code IMO.

As for Infosys. Well in my experience and opinion Infosys are a bit rubbish. But that is going off topic!

By *melie LALWoman 17 weeks ago

Peterborough

"The only way to deal with it is the French way, and until folk are prepared to mob up and smoke them out into the town square this will continue."

Madame Ghee oh teen

Peterborough

You are trying to deflect. The premise of the original post was wrong and we have plenty of posters screaming things based on wrong information. I called out the fake news and how people fall for it. Why do you ask random unrelated questions to deflect?"

You want fake, go to the virus forum

Peterborough

It wouldn’t be the first time a relative/friend/sibling was rewarded by a Tory government in the past 14 years."

It does look shady, even if it isn't.

London

You want fake, go to the virus forum "

I loitered around there for a few minutes and realised that I am not mentally ready for that forum

Peterborough

You want fake, go to the virus forum

I loitered around there for a few minutes and realised that I am not mentally ready for that forum "

You need a strong constitution in there to cope with all the bs

By *otMe66Man 17 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"All these conflicts of interest (real or otherwise) are easy to resolve. If Rishi Sunak wants to be a Minister (let alone the PM) then his wife should divest herself or her Infosys shares OR Infosys could remove themselves from the various UK Government commercial frameworks they are on OR actually Sunak could have decided to not go into politics! It ain’t rocket science!!!

I explained clearly how to avoid a conflict of interest. Don’t like it? Don’t go into politics. Simple. Even if there is nothing untoward, there is too much of an opportunity for raising suspicions. And Sunak is arguably only one degree of separation not six as any govt contract award benefits his wife. We have discussed this before. A spouse of a politician should be in scope for the ministerial code IMO.

As for Infosys. Well in my experience and opinion Infosys are a bit rubbish. But that is going off topic!"

Infosys are as good or as bad as the MSA, were you part of the negotiation or a recipient of the service?

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 17 weeks ago

Border of London

"

As for Infosys. Well in my experience and opinion Infosys are a bit rubbish. But that is going off topic!"

Very curious as to why?

Brighton

As for Infosys. Well in my experience and opinion Infosys are a bit rubbish. But that is going off topic!

Infosys are as good or as bad as the MSA, were you part of the negotiation or a recipient of the service?"

You know me well enough now that I am not going to say or reveal more than I am comfortable with. Too many datapoints when I like at least some semblance of protecting my identity.

Brighton

"

Very curious as to why?"

See answer immediately above this one

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 17 weeks ago

Border of London

"

Very curious as to why?

See answer immediately above this one "

Fair enough.

By *I TwoCouple 17 weeks ago

all around

Politics Joe:

"

How much will Sunak make from this deal ?

nearby

Politics Joe:

How much will Sunak make from this deal ?"

More than us

“Rishi Sunak vows to make Britain 'best place to do business' ahead of G20”

“Sunak pledges to cut taxes and make Britain the best place for business”

“Sunak vows to ‘unleash businesses’ as he denounces economy ‘naysayers’”

“Rishi Sunak: I want to cement this country’s place as a scientific superpower”

UK so great, then lobbies to get government contracts procured to his wife’s families India based company.

By *ik MMan 17 weeks ago

Lancashire

Politics Joe:

How much will Sunak make from this deal ?

More than us

“Rishi Sunak vows to make Britain 'best place to do business' ahead of G20”

“Sunak pledges to cut taxes and make Britain the best place for business”

“Sunak vows to ‘unleash businesses’ as he denounces economy ‘naysayers’”

“Rishi Sunak: I want to cement this country’s place as a scientific superpower”

UK so great, then lobbies to get government contracts procured to his wife’s families India based company.

"

Yeah, you tell em! Doesn’t matter if its made up or nowhere near the truth…as long as it’s anti Tory. Out interest did you even bother reading the thread you created?

» Add a new message to this topic