FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So, what does a no deal look like now?

So, what does a no deal look like now?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

EU says it would not open talks with UK after no-deal Brexit until it agrees to divorce bill and Irish backstop

If the EU stick to that line then that's a major section of hard-line leavers plans quashed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Statement of the obvious, really.

"Statement of the obvious, really.

"

Well, yes, but I don’t think it's crossed hardliners minds up till now.

Bristol East

They've been chasing unicorns for years.

Easiest deal in history.

Leaving without one was Project Fear.

German car manufacturers will swing it.

All bollocks.

All repeated ad nauseum in the Daily Mail.

Whose owners, coincidentally, were named and shamed today as beneficiaries of illegal tax avoidance activity.

The UK Government was instructed to recover billions of £s in lost revenue.

Just a shame it took the EU investigators rather than our own to stand up to the preachers of hate in our midst.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?

"What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?"

If we scrapped tarrifs?

No idea about NI but it'd be bye bye agriculture & manufacturing in the UK.

Derby

"What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?

If we scrapped tarrifs?

No idea about NI but it'd be bye bye agriculture & manufacturing in the UK. "

My understanding is that the UK would not have to impose a border.

But that the EU would have to put a border in place going into Ireland from the UK.

Bristol East

There is a bizarre inconsistency in the UK proposal.

It says there will be zero duty on animal products like beef crossing from Ireland into NI - but there will be duty on animal products like beef crossing the English Channel into the UK.

Expect legal challenges.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Under the WTO Most favoured nation ruling if we don't check goods coming into the UK from Eire, then we can't check goods coming from China.

"What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?

If we scrapped tarrifs?

But that the EU would have to put a border in place going into Ireland from the UK."

So The Good Friday Agreement gets broken either way because of the UK.

Derby

If we scrapped tarrifs?

But that the EU would have to put a border in place going into Ireland from the UK.

So The Good Friday Agreement gets broken either way because of the UK. "

Or the EU could respond in kind and go to zero tariffs as well?

Or go very quickly to a free trade agreement?

And that would be down to the EU.

"They've been chasing unicorns for years.

Easiest deal in history.

All bollocks.

Whose owners, coincidentally, were named and shamed today as beneficiaries of illegal tax avoidance activity.

Just a shame it took the EU investigators rather than our own to stand up to the preachers of hate in our midst.

"

Hi. I think you forgot to mention that the Daily Mail is an award winning newspaper which has increased its circulation in a highly competitive market .

I guess to some people the truth hurts . The newspaper undertakes excellent investigative journalism.

In addition they organised a lengthy campaign to bring the killers of Stephen Lawrence to justice.

Do you actually buy the Daily Mail and are you aware of its key journalists ?.

Easiest deal in history.

All bollocks.

Hi. I think you forgot to mention that the Daily Mail is an award winning newspaper which has increased its circulation in a highly competitive market .

I guess to some people the truth hurts . The newspaper undertakes excellent investigative journalism.

In addition they organised a lengthy campaign to bring the killers of Stephen Lawrence to justice.

Do you actually buy the Daily Mail and are you aware of its key journalists ?."

Absolutely amazing. If you genuinely think the daily mail is a good news paper then you are officially off your rocker.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Under the WTO Most favoured nation ruling if we don't check goods coming into the UK from Eire, then we can't check goods coming from China."
Stop worrying about rules they will be ignored when it suits as they allways are by governments throughtout the world

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?"
We will not put up a border and the Irish will refuse and argue with the EU.The Irish need that border open and so it will be open as it suits us to

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 04/04/19 22:15:18]

Widnes

If we scrapped tarrifs?

But that the EU would have to put a border in place going into Ireland from the UK."

Your understanding is mostly incorrect. There is no legal requirement for either the EU or the UK to place either a border or tariffs anywhere. However, if we choose to trade with each other under WTO 'most favoured nation' terms then we have to treat each other in exactly the same way as we trade with other 'most favoured nation' countries. If we make an exception for Ireland or the EU, and/or the EU or Ireland makes an exception for us, then either or both the UK, EU and Ireland could leave itself open to legal action in the WTO court of arbitration for unfair trading practices.

It would also be extremely unlikely that the WTO would agree to the UK's trading and tariff schedules if we went to them saying we were going to break their rules before we even start.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Easiest deal in history.

All bollocks.

its full of spite too, poor and often slanderous content which as you have tried to ignore over the past few years when i have pointed out has led it to be top of the pile for paying out in damages..

it is a vile rag and those who extol it, well lets just say they deserve each other..

Widnes

"What would happen to the Ireland / Northern Ireland border if there's a no deal and the UK scraps tariffs?We will not put up a border and the Irish will refuse and argue with the EU.The Irish need that border open and so it will be open as it suits us to"

So you plan to start our brave new future as a global trading nation under WTO terms by breaking all their rules? I can't see that ending well.

By *ileyoldfoxMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

i fucking HATE the European Union

"i fucking HATE the European Union"

Stop reading the daily mail and then chill.

Derby

If we scrapped tarrifs?

Your understanding is mostly incorrect. There is no legal requirement for either the EU or the UK to place either a border or tariffs anywhere. However, if we choose to trade with each other under WTO 'most favoured nation' terms then we have to treat each other in exactly the same way as we trade with other 'most favoured nation' countries. If we make an exception for Ireland or the EU, and/or the EU or Ireland makes an exception for us, then either or both the UK, EU and Ireland could leave itself open to legal action in the WTO court of arbitration for unfair trading practices.

It would also be extremely unlikely that the WTO would agree to the UK's trading and tariff schedules if we went to them saying we were going to break their rules before we even start."

What, even if we scrapped tariffs for everyone? Had zero tariffs for all? Then surely we are treating every country in the same way?

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

If we scrapped tarrifs?

Your understanding is incorrect then.

The Uk is leaving the EU.

Irish Republic is a member of the EU.

To control your borders properly & stop EU Nationals entering the uk you must have border control.

Otherwise "Johnny Foreigner" can walk right in.

As for The 1997 Agreement , thats a whole different can of worms.

P.S Theres going to be a massive Potato famine , but this time it wont be an Irish one.

Bristol East

"

Britain's counter-terrorism lead, when asked how white supremacists are radicalised, pointed to the likes of the Daily Mail.

The country's top police officer.

Let that sink in.

A preacher of hate, masquerading as a newspaper.

One owned by a company in Bermuda, to avoid paying corporation tax in the UK.

You might be proud of that - the white equivalent of Choudry.

I certainly ain't.

[Removed by poster at 05/04/19 09:51:21]

It is a cliff edge, head first out lol

If we scrapped tarrifs?

It would also be extremely unlikely that the WTO would agree to the UK's trading and tariff schedules if we went to them saying we were going to break their rules before we even start.

What, even if we scrapped tariffs for everyone? Had zero tariffs for all? Then surely we are treating every country in the same way? "

If we have zero tariffs why would any country offer us a free trade deal.

Derby

If we scrapped tarrifs?

Your understanding is incorrect then.

The Uk is leaving the EU.

Irish Republic is a member of the EU.

To control your borders properly & stop EU Nationals entering the uk you must have border control.

Otherwise "Johnny Foreigner" can walk right in.

As for The 1997 Agreement , thats a whole different can of worms.

P.S Theres going to be a massive Potato famine , but this time it wont be an Irish one."

CTA

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I read some where whether this will be true is a another matter but the plan was.

A small two month extension and then 6mths we're in that time a 2 ref will be announced or start taking place but the thing that i saw which might strike everyone that Tommy Robinson an the isis girl was a decoy.

1. Robinson happened

2. Isis girl happened

3. The short extension is happening.

So 4,5 is still in the crystal ball

But no one predicted the water park in the house of commons

Derby

"I read some where whether this will be true is a another matter but the plan was.

A small two month extension and then 6mths we're in that time a 2 ref will be announced or start taking place but the thing that i saw which might strike everyone that Tommy Robinson an the isis girl was a decoy.

1. Robinson happened

2. Isis girl happened

But no one predicted the water park in the house of commons "

Apart from, apparently, Uri Geller!

Widnes

"I read some where whether this will be true is a another matter but the plan was.

1. Robinson happened

2. Isis girl happened

But no one predicted the water park in the house of commons

Apart from, apparently, Uri Geller!"

I guess that just shows that even remain has some nutters too.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

If we scrapped tarrifs?

What, even if we scrapped tariffs for everyone? Had zero tariffs for all? Then surely we are treating every country in the same way?

If we have zero tariffs why would any country offer us a free trade deal."

What the idiot forgets is

We can't

Ok so let's say the EU has a tariff of 30 percent on something Chinese

The UK cannot have free trade on that item with the UK and China

It's simple and the leavers have no clue

"i fucking HATE the European Union"

Why?

Easiest deal in history.

All bollocks.

its full of spite too, poor and often slanderous content which as you have tried to ignore over the past few years when i have pointed out has led it to be top of the pile for paying out in damages..

it is a vile rag and those who extol it, well lets just say they deserve each other.. "

It may be a vile rag in your opinion but not to those who either buy or sell it.

My guess is that you neither buy or read it but you you still post your opinion which you are quite entitled to do though it is difficult to know on what basis you form that opinion if you do not read it.

I judge a newspaper not on a few mistakes but on its overall success . ( as I do most things in life ).

It is much bettèr to concentrate on the positives in life as opposed to the negatives.

My support is backed by the 1.3 million who purchase this newspaper.

I am not in a position to estimate how many support you opinion as I lack sufficient information in order to make an informed judgement..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Easiest deal in history.

All bollocks.

it is a vile rag and those who extol it, well lets just say they deserve each other.. It may be a vile rag in your opinion but not to those who either buy or sell it.

My guess is that you neither buy or read it but you you still post your opinion which you are quite entitled to do though it is difficult to know on what basis you form that opinion if you do not read it.

I judge a newspaper not on a few mistakes but on its overall success . ( as I do most things in life ).

It is much bettèr to concentrate on the positives in life as opposed to the negatives.

My support is backed by the 1.3 million who purchase this newspaper.

I am not in a position to estimate how many support you opinion as I lack sufficient information in order to make an informed judgement.."

You do talk some complete gibberish..

Consistently

So you're celebrating that 1.3 million people read a hate speech publication that promotes hate against Islam, transgender people, the LGBTQ community etc etc.

You're a very bizarre human.

What do you think about Richard Littlejohns articles?

» Add a new message to this topic